- Alkane Resources
- australian vanadium
- Bounty Mining
- Cook Colliery
- Core Lithium
- Elizabeth Gaines
- emr capital
- Fortescue Metals Group
- gr engineering
- Iluka Resources
- Kalamazoo Resources
- Maules Creek
- met coal
- mount thorley warkworth
- novo resources
- Oyu Tolgoi
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including the latest contract Rio Tinto has awarded for the development of the Koodaideri iron ore project in Western Australia.
- Flinders Port launches major warehousing and distribution business
Flinders Ports Holdings has today announced the launch of a new subsidiary, Flinders Warehousing and Distribution (FWD).
- RNC bolsters Beta Hunt with another gold bonanza
RNC Minerals has uncovered more high-grade coarse gold at the Beta Hunt mine in Western Australia, its latest discovery in a year-long spree of bonanza finds.
- St Barbara cuts Gwalia production guidance
St Barbara has revised its 2020 financial year guidance due to changing production expectations at its Gwalia mine in Western Australia.
- South32 longwall moves at Illawarra drive production growth
South32 has maintained production guidance across its global operations after a strong September 2019 quarter highlighted by rising output at Illawarra Metallurgical Coal in New South Wales.
- Whitehaven to ramp up ‘larger’ New South Wales mines
Whitehaven Coal chairman Mark Vaile has talked up two significant, near-term assets that will underpin the company’s future growth – Vickery in New South Wales and Winchester South in Queensland.
- BHP pledges to resolve safety concern
BHP reiterated its commitment to safety after failing to identify the cause of a fatality at BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA)’s Saraji mine on last New Year’s Eve.
- Fortescue sets sights on the sun to power Pilbara operations
Fortescue Metals Group plans to use solar power for up to 100 per cent of its daytime energy requirements at the Chichester Hub iron ore operations in the Pilbara.
- Hitachi bolsters investment in Gunnedah region
Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia (HCA) and Whitehaven Coal have maintained a longstanding successful partnership in the Gunnedah region for several years.
- Nepean introduces Roxon brand to Australia
European surface and overland conveyor manufacturer Roxon has launched its entire range of materials handling and conveyor solutions in Australia.
- Fenner Dunlop open for business in Brisbane
Fenner Dunlop has begun a new era of manufacturing, opening its new Brisbane branch.
- BHP hits halfway mark of South Flank construction
BHP chief executive Andrew Mackenzie has declared the South Flank iron ore project in the Pilbara, Western Australia 50 per cent complete.
- Fortescue joins initiative to end modern slavery
Fortescue Metals Group is one of 10 Western Australian mining, energy and resource companies joining an initiative to eliminate modern slavery risks within its supply chain.
- Epiroc delivers multi machine automation to underground mines
Epiroc has brought new standards of productivity and safety to underground mining through its Scooptram Automation Total.
- Northern Star takes control of Echo
Northern Star Resources has achieved its goal of a takeover of Echo Resources after acquiring almost 60 per cent of the junior company.
- Kalium Lakes moves towards construction with purification plant contract
Kalium Lakes has awarded G&S Engineering Services the contract for constructing the sulphate of potash (SOP) purification plant for its Beyondie sulphate of potash project (BSOPP).
- Carrapateena commissioning takes shape for OZ Minerals
OZ Minerals remains on track to achieve its full-year production guidance at the Prominent Hill mine, while commissioning of the Carrapateena project continues.
- Opportunity to grow nickel back in the market
The Australian nickel industry is being encouraged to see the opportunity for growth in the face of market challenges the metal faces.
- Rio Tinto iron ore production bounces back
Rio Tinto has recovered from operational and weather challenges faced in the Pilbara earlier this year, with its September quarter iron ore production jumping 10 per cent.
- BHP blasts towards wireless mining with Orica tech
BHP Mitsui Coal has taken the title of completing the world’s largest wireless blast at the Poitrel coal mine using Orica WebGen technology.