- Anglo American
- Curragh mine
- Curtin University
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Evolution Mining
- fenner dunlop
- Gascoyne Resources
- gold price
- Ian Macfarlane
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Northern Star Resources
- Queensland Government
- Stanmore Coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- Core to secure another lithium offtake despite softening market
Core Lithium is set to sign an agreement with Geneva-based Transamine for product from the Finniss project in the Northern Territory.
- Fortescue eyes copper with strategic investment
Fortescue Metals Group has diversified its asset portfolio further into copper by investing $C1.38 million ($1.5 million) in Candente Copper, which owns a large-scale open pit project in Peru.
- Edgar Basto becomes president of BHP Minerals Australia
BHP has appointed Edgar Basto as its Minerals Australia president, effective July 1, having been in the role of acting president since last November.
- Victoria minerals exploration gets cash boost
Victoria is set to defer the collection of $3.5 million in rent and annual fees until January next year to give an immediate boost to mining and exploration companies.
- Quantum technology potentially worth $4bn for mineral exploration
Australia’s emerging quantum technology sector can increase mineral exploration and is identified as “the most promising long-term opportunity for Australia”, according to CSIRO’s ‘Growing Australia’s Quantum Technology Industry’ report.
- Court ruling on casual entitlements sparks industry outcry
Casual workers who have worked regular and systematic hours are now entitled a permanent employee’s entitlements, according to a Federal Court of Australia judgment.
- Kalium Lakes to overcome setback at Beyondie project
Kalium Lakes will advance the Beyondie sulphate of potash project (BSOPP) in Western Australia through to first production by raising fresh working capital.
- What are the roles in demand across mining?
The mining and resources industry has not been one of the biggest contributors to job advertising growth in the first half of May, but it is not void of opportunities.
- CSIRO reveals unique mineral detection method
Mining and exploration companies may soon pinpoint reserves of valuable minerals using a new water tasting approach developed by the CSIRO.
- NRW rides out COVID-19 off the back of contract success
NRW Holdings has released a performance report for April 2020 that shows the company remains in good stead following a string of successful contracts and acquisitions this financial year.
- Whitehaven clears Vickery expansion hurdle
The New South Wales Government has given Whitehaven Coal the all-clear to extend the Vickery coal mine in New South Wales.
- Westgold inks water agreement with Australian Vanadium
Australian Vanadium has signed an agreement with Westgold Resources for water access assistance at its Western Australian vanadium project.
- CopperString 2.0 powers Queensland’s future mining jobs
The Queensland Government is fast tracking the CopperString 2.0 high voltage transmission line to provide cheaper power and turbo-charge investment across the North West Minerals Province.
- Micromine introduces a new suite of chart-stoppers
A picture paints a thousand words and new charting technology available in the latest release of MICROMINE’s award-winning software suite, takes visual data display to the next level.
- Rio Tinto to relax COVID-19 restrictions in WA
Rio Tinto is set de-escalate its coronavirus controls in Western Australia as the state enters its second phase of easing COVID-19 restrictions.
- Tianqi Group to offload stakes in lithium subsidiary
Tianqi Lithium has suffered another blow from the softening lithium market after its parent company, Chengdu Tianqi Industry Group, put part of the the company on sale.
- Alkane committed to demerger of Australian Strategic Materials
Alkane Resources has pledged to progress with its plan to separate from Australian Strategic Materials, the owner of the $1.3 billion Dubbo project.
- Rio Tinto to advance drilling at Frisco earn-in project
Rio Tinto is ready to launch a diamond drilling program at Alderan Resources’ Frisco copper-gold-silver project in Utah, United States.
- Gold Industry Group presents job opportunities
The Gold Industry Group has launched a new online hub to act as a source of information on job and career pathway opportunities in the Australian gold industry.
- Newcrest fulfils Cadia water needs in land of drought
Newcrest Mining has secured adequate levels of water to continue producing without restraint at the Cadia operations in New South Wales.