- battery metals
- Core Lithium
- Ernst and Young
- Internet of Things
- iron ore
- Keith Pitt
- mark mcgowan
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- supply chain
- West Africa
- Western Australia
- Fortescue listed among top companies for female career advancement
Fortescue Metals Group is the only Australian company to be recognised among Parity.org’s list of Best Companies for Women to Advance this year.
- Australian operations drive Coronado performance
Coronado Global Resources’ Australian operations have given a standout performance during the June quarter.
- Pilbara Ports Authority achieves record export numbers
Pilbara Ports Authority (PPA) has reported a record annual throughput of 717.2 million tonnes for the 2019/20 financial year, thanks to a surge in exports from Port Hedland.
- Women in Industry finalists
The 2020 Women in Industry finalists have been announced, recognising the success of women in the resources industry and shining a light on these typically male dominated fields.
- New platinum extraction method to aid Kimberley projects
The Kimberley region of Western Australia could be rife with platinum resources that are yet to be developed by Panoramic Resources, according to a study that is supported by the state government.
- BHP Nickel West central to WA’s battery manufacturing mission
Western Australia could soon become a lithium-ion battery cathode manufacturer, according to a Department of Industry, Innovation and Science report.
- Epiroc partners with Vale for first ‘batteries as a service’ agreement
Epiroc has signed a batteries as a service (BaaS) agreement with Vale to safely install battery plans in two of its mining operations.
- Lucas Dow steps down as Adani CEO
Adani Mining chief executive Lucas Dow has stepped down from his role as chief executive as the company prepares for operation of the Carmichael mine and rail project in Queensland.
- Thiess to offer automation in $2.5bn Lake Vermont contract extension
Thiess has won a $2.5 billion contract extension with Jellinbah Group for the Lake Vermont joint venture coal project in Queensland.
- Rio Tinto key in McConnell Dowell securing contract
McConnell Dowell has signed a design and construct contract with Queensland Alumina (QAL) thanks to its relationship with major shareholder Rio Tinto.
- New Hope hires former Yancoal leader as CEO
New Hope Group has appointed a new chief executive, Reinhold Schmidt, who will transfer from the same position at Yancoal Australia in September.
- COVID-19 cases buoy record gold prices
Australian gold prices have reached another height, breaching and staying above $2600 an ounce since Tuesday this week.
- Bellevue targets up to $120m to advance WA gold project
Bellevue Gold is set to accelerate activities at its Western Australian gold project, including growing the existing 2.3 million-ounce resource and advancing development of an underground operation.
- BHP awards three-year contract to Veris
Veris subsidiary Aqura Technologies has accepted a contract to provide managed support for BHP’s in-room communications and entertainment system services across its Pilbara mining accomodation villages in Western Australia.
- Follow the leaders: Changes at New Century, Coronado and more
Stay on top of the latest executive movement across the mining sector over the past week, at Taruga Minerals, Coronado Global Resources, New Century Resources and more.
- Venture ready to commence mining at Riley
Venture Minerals has signed a port access agreement with TasPorts, signalling the possibility of immediate commencement of mining at the Riley iron ore project on the west coast of Tasmania.
- Rio Tinto closure of aluminium smelters sparks outcry
Rio Tinto has started to wind down operations at New Zealand Aluminium Smelters (NZAS) ahead of an eventual closure next year.
- IGO, Antipa join forces to explore Paterson province
IGO has signed an exploration farm-in agreement with Antipa Minerals to explore gold-copper tenements in Western Australia’s Paterson province.
- Chalice uncovers yet another high grade zone at Julimar
Chalice Gold Mines has discovered a “new style” high-grade copper-gold-PGE (platinum group elements) mineralisation at the Julimar project in Western Australia.
- Adani assigns coal handling plant contract to G&S Engineering
Adani has awarded G&S Engineering with a contract to design and build its coal handling plant at the Carmichael coal project in Queensland.