- BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- diamond mine
- gold mining
- Image Resources
- Northern Minerals
- Northern Star
- Pilbara Minerals
- Queensland Resources Council
- red tape
- Rema Tip Top
- Resolute Mining
- spodumene concentrate
- St Barbara
- Super Pit
- supply chain
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Andrew Forrest pledges $70m for Australian bushfires
Fortescue Metals Group and Minderoo Foundation chairman Andrew Forrest has pledged $70 million for the Australian bushfire crisis.
- Galaxy finishes year within guidance despite Mt Cattlin slowdown
Galaxy Resources has closed 2019 with quarterly lithium production at the upper end of its guidance with 43,222 dry metric tonnes at the Mt Cattlin mine in Western Australia.
- BMW to source lithium from Australian mines
The BMW Group has signed a contract with Ganfeng Lithium to receive its supply for the battery-making ingredient from Australian mines.
- Anglo American could throw lifeline to Sirius Minerals
Anglo American is mulling over a bid for Sirius Minerals, confirming it is “in advanced discussions” with the British polyphalite miner.
- Lucapa unearths 117-carat Lulo diamond
Lucapa Diamond Company has recovered a 117-carat diamond from the Lulo alluvial mine in Angola, south-central Africa.
- Rio Tinto commits to Citadel JV with Antipa
Rio Tinto has sole funded over $11 million in exploration expenditure on Antipa Minerals’ Citadel project in Western Australia, culminating in the formation of a joint venture between the two companies.
- Monadelphous wins $110m worth of resources contracts
Monadelphous Group has secured construction and maintenance contracts involving BHP in Western Australia.
- Hexagon acquires Blast Movement Technologies
Swedish software giant Hexagon has strengthened its position as a digital mining leader with the acquisition of Blast Movement Technologies (BMT).
- Iran missile strikes push Aussie dollar gold price to record
The Australian dollar gold price has temporarily moved into record territory of around $2350 an ounce as tensions between the United States and Iran increased yesterday.
- Zinc production to surge in new decade
Global zinc production is set to ramp up over the next few years, according to Fitch Solutions Macro Research.
- Resolute CEO ‘optimistic’ for new year
Resolute Mining has beaten the odds with surging gold production for the December 2019 quarter despite an operational setback at the Syama mine in Mali, West Africa.
- Roy Hill commits to second Pentium Hydro rig
Roy Hill has placed an order for a second rig from Vysarn subsidiary Pentium Hydro for the Pilbara iron ore mine.
- BMA labour agreements gain Fair Work approval
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance has received a nod of approval from the Fair Work Commission for its contested enterprise agreements for the labour hire subsidiary, Operations Services.
- Newmont backs Australian operations in 100th year
As Newmont prepares to celebrate its centenary year in May this year, the company has refreshed its brand, name and logo.
- IGO production shoots up despite WA bushfires
Independence Group has felt the impacts of the significant bushfires in the Shires of Dundas and Esperance in Western Australia on the Nova mine.
- Diversus secures technology contract with Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto has awarded an IT contract to Perth-based tech consultancy Diversus.
- Mincor continues high-grade nickel streak
Mincor Resources’ ongoing diamond drilling at the Cassini nickel sulphide deposit in Western Australia has led to a high-grade nickel intercept.
- OM Holdings puts Bootu Creek back on track
OM Holdings is restarting in-pit mining operations at the Bootu Creek manganese mine in the Northern Territory in a staged manner after they were suspended last August.
- Mining giants support national bushfire relief
Mining companies such as BHP and Rio Tinto have responded to the national fire crisis by donating millions in funds to the Red Cross.
- Rio Tinto renews contract with Sodexo for Argyle rehabilitation
Rio Tinto has extended its contract with Sodexo for a further two years at the Argyle diamond mine in Western Australia.