- bauxite hills
- BGC Contracting
- Fraser Range
- Gascoyne Resources
- gold mine
- Lithium Australia
- Lynas Corporation
- mark mcgowan
- metro mining
- Newmont Goldcorp
- Northern Star
- Port Hedland
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Roy Hill mine
- South Africa
- St Barbara
- Super Pit
- Western Areas
- Australian Mines to re-negotiate Sconi offtake with SK Innovation
Australian Mines has extended its timeline for the Sconi project offtake agreement with Korean electric vehicle battery manufacturer SK Innovation due to project financing concerns.
- Arafura begins Nolans mine life extension plans
Arafura Resources has commenced drilling and metallurgical programs aimed at increasing the mine life of the Nolans Neodymium-Praseodymium (NdPr) project in the Northern Territory.
- Epiroc unveils latest Pit Viper drilling rig
Epiroc Drilling Solutions has introduced the Pit Viper 270 XC series that delivers application flexibility, fuel-efficient performance and enhanced safety with outstanding operator comfort and ease of maintenance.
- Bounty shareholders reject Amaroo proposal in landslide
The proposed recapitalisation plan offered by Amaroo Blackdown Investments to Bounty Mining was rejected in a shareholder vote in yesterday’s (September 30) general meeting.
- Caterpillar meets changing needs with underground truck
Caterpillar has released the AD45 mining truck for underground hard rock mining, which is available in configurations to meet the strictest emissions standards.
- GFG Alliance awards materials handling contract to Bis
Bis has become the single materials handling contractor for GFG Alliance in Whyalla, South Australia, effective today.
- Bounty funding saga comes to a head at general meeting
Drama arose when Bounty Mining began negotiating a recapitalisation and new funding package with Amaroo Blackdown Investments. In response to this proposal, QCoal Group delivered other refinancing proposals to Bounty.
- Australian resources exports tipped to extend record breaking form
Australia’s resource export earnings are continuing to grow, with surging commodity earnings expected to offset global market volatility in the midterm.
- Vysarn wins Tropicana contract through Pentium Hydro
Vysarn’s subsidiary Pentium Hydro has struck a major services contract at the Tropicana gold mine joint venture (JV) in Western Australia for an undisclosed amount.
- Byrnecut improves staff skills with Immersive Technologies simulation
Underground mining contractor Byrnecut Australia has partnered with Immersive Technologies to develop a world-class technical training centre in Perth.
- Stavely unveils ‘outstanding’ Victorian copper-gold discovery
Stavely Minerals has uncovered high-grade copper-gold at the Thursday’s Gossan prospect in Victoria, with grades of up to 40 per cent copper.
- Saracen bolsters portfolio with Sinclair purchase from Talisman
Saracen Mineral Holdings is set to acquire the Sinclair nickel project from Talisman Mining for $10 million, strengthening the company’s holdings in Western Australia.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including another significant find at the Beta Hunt gold mine in Western Australia.
- Boss braces for uranium recovery as Honeymoon advances
After almost a decade of low prices, the Australian and global uranium industry is optimistic that a recovery will soon emerge
- Coking coal price dip puts brakes on Coronado Coal
Coronado Coal is optimistic about the future of the coking coal sector despite forecasting lower-than-expected financial returns due to a falling commodity price.
- Bootu Creek mining remains suspended following fatality
OM Holdings has recovered the body of its employee, who was buried under collapsing wall at the Bootu Creek manganese mine in the Northern Territory.
- Andrew Forrest leads $442m war on plastic
Global philanthropic organisation chaired by Andrew Forrest, Minderoo Foundation has committed $US300 million ($442 million) to help end plastic waste worldwide.
- Newcrest and Encounter break ground at Hutch’s Find
Newcrest Mining and Encounter Resources have begun drilling at the Hutch’s Find prospect in the Tanami region of Western Australia.
- Newmont Goldcorp inaugurates ‘mine of the future’
Newmont Goldcorp has launched the Borden gold project in Ontario, Canada, which is being described as the region’s ‘mine of the future.’
- Focus knocks back Chinese bid for Coolgardie gold project
Hanking Australia has made a $56 million to $65 million non-binding indicative cash offer to acquire the Coolgardie Gold Project from Focus Minerals.