- Barrick Gold
- Centennial Coal
- coal mining
- gold mining
- mineral sands
- Minerals Council of Australia
- New Century Resources
- NSW Minerals Council
- Paladin Energy
- Queensland Resources Council
- rare earths
- Resolute Mining
- Solomon Hub
- South Africa
- St Barbara
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Western Australia
- BHP mine sites affected by scarlet fever
Six cases of scarlet fever have been reported at two BHP iron ore mine sites in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Easternwell secures drilling contract with Senex in Surat Basin
Senex has awarded a major Surat Basin drilling contract to Easternwell across Project Atlas and Roma North, with works to commence in May 2019.
- Sandfire begins work with Alchemy at Bryah Basin
Sandfire Resources has commenced aircore drilling at Alchemy Resources’ Bryah Basin project in the Gascoyne region of Western Australia.
- Hillgrove to transition Kanmantoo mine to hydro energy project
Hillgrove Resources is set to transform its Kanmantoo open pit mine into a pumped hydro facility in the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia.
- Strandline delivers 70% boost to ore reserve at Coburn
Strandline Resources has achieved a significant upgrade at the Coburn mineral sands project in Western Australia following the completion of a definitive feasibility study (DFS).
- Rio Tinto cuts guidance for Pilbara iron ore shipments
Rio Tinto has reduced its 2019 guidance for Pilbara iron ore shipments following a damage at the port brought by tropical cyclones.
- Perseus project takes key step towards first gold pour in 2020
Perseus Mining has secured up to $45 million in funding that will assist the company’s development of the Yaouré gold project in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa.
- Regis commences underground expansion at Rosemont
Regis Resources has started development of its underground Rosemont gold site with an aim to achieving first ore in the September quarter of 2019.
- Industry funds foster METS collaboration
Seven engineering and technology companies have been granted significant financial awards totalling $4.1 million through METS Ignited’s project funding program.
- Rio Tinto awards key Koodaideri contract to WorleyParsons
WorleyParsons has been awarded a major works contract at Rio Tinto’s Koodaideri iron ore project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Aeris takeover bid for Glencore mine falls through
Aeris Resources has announced that it has been “unable to come to agreeable terms with Glencore” regarding its proposed takeover offer for the CSA copper mine in Cobar, New South Wales.
- Metro lifts production at Bauxite Hills after resuming operations
Metro Mining’s Bauxite Hills mine north of Weipa is back in operation after a planned hiatus during the wet season in Far North Queensland.
- Queensland takes Western Australia’s top spot for jobs growth
Job vacancies in the mining and resources sector have risen 1.3 per cent in March this year, according to the latest Mining and Resources Job Index report from DFP Resources.
- Rio Tinto, BHP copper project investment tops $2bn
Rio Tinto has committed a further $302 million in advancing its Resolution copper project in Arizona, the United States, taking the total investment to an excess of $2 billion with project partner BHP Copper.
- TNG persists with ‘arduous’ approval processes at Mount Peake
TNG is advancing its Mount Peake project in the NT towards a final investment decision off the back of $US600 million ($850 million) in debt financing it secured last year.
- Galena advances $90m Abra project JV with Toho Zinc
Galena Mining has received $20 million of a proposed $90 million payment from Japanese company Toho Zinc to earn up to 40 per cent of the Abra base metals project in Western Australia.
- Fortescue offers jobs through training program
Fortescue Metals Group has offered employment to 836 Aboriginal people and will continue to offer jobs to graduates of its vocational training and employment centre (VTEC) program.
- Metso awarded major Albemarle contract at Kemerton lithium plant
Metso has won a contract to supply pyro-processing and comminution equipment to Albemarle’s Kemerton lithium plant near Bunbury, Western Australia.
- OZ Minerals spends $36m for 70% of West Musgrave project
OZ Minerals has secured a 70 per cent interest in the West Musgrave nickel-copper project by completing stage two of its earn in with joint venture (JV) partner Cassini Resources.
- Caterpillar unveils first battery electric LHD underground loader
Caterpillar has revealed that its first battery electric load-haul-dump (LHD) platform will be the Cat R1700 underground mining loader.