- digital mining
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Evolution Mining
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- iron ore
- metallurgical coal
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Rockwell Automation
- Sandfire Resources
- Surat Basin
- Surbiton Associates
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- NRW Holdings to buy RCR Mining
NRW Holdings will purchase RCR Tomlinson’s mining and heat treatment divisions in the next two weeks for $10 million.
- Northparkes Mines’ $220m expansion to create up to 180 jobs
Northparkes Mines has announced the final approval of a new block cave mine for its successful copper operation in the Parkes region of Central West New South Wales.
- Flinders Mines postpones delisting due to shareholder backlash
Flinders Mines has postponed its delisting from the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to deal with applications made to the Takeovers Panel by shareholders who disagree with the company’s plans.
- Fortescue prices climb as West Pilbara Fines delight China
Fortescue Metals Group is making a strong first impression with its higher grade product in China as prices for iron ore have increased for the miner.
- Australian Bauxite ramps up operations at Tasmanian mine
Australian Bauxite has launched mining and screening at the Bald Hill mine in northern Tasmania to prepare for its next cargo of seaborne cement-grade product.
- Iron ore prices rise on Brazil dam disaster concerns
Iron ore prices have been bolstered by the threat of supply disruptions caused by last week’s tailings dam disaster in Brazil.
- MACA to extend Emerald relationship with $303m contract
MACA has secured a $US220 million ($303 million) agreement with Renaissance Minerals to supply equipment and mining services at the Okvau gold project in Cambodia.
- Adani receives nearly 14,500 applications for Carmichael jobs
Adani has revealed that 14,498 job applications were received for the Carmichael coal mine and rail project in Queensland by the end of December.
- Sandfire stays on course as Monty ramps up
Sandfire Resources has maintained production guidance for the 2019 financial year following strong output in the December quarter and ramp up s at the Monty copper-gold mine.
- Cadia production record boosts Newcrest output
Newcrest Mining has increased production at each of its four gold mines in the December quarter.
- Syrah overcomes Balama fire to keep production on track
Syrah Resources has posted strong results in the December 2018 quarter in spite of production issues caused by a fire at the Balama graphite mine in Mozambique last October.
- OZ Minerals strikes greenfields discovery deal with Red Metal
OZ Minerals and Red Metal have formed a joint venture agreement aimed at fast tracking the search for greenfields discoveries at projects in Western Australia and Queensland.
- Conveyor Pulleys Australia becomes part of Fenner Dunlop group
Belle Banne Conveyor Services (BBCS) has acquired the Conveyor Pulleys Australia (CPA) business from Longship Enterprises.
- Gold sector welcomes back $US1300 prices
The gold spot price has reached just over $US1300 ($1814) for the first time since May 2018.
- Nominate for the 2019 Prospect Awards
The 2019 Australian Mining Prospect Awards, the annual event celebrating the mining industry’s top talent, is accepting nominations for each category until August 9.
- Latest Vale tailings dam breach could affect Samarco talks
A dam disaster in Brazil that left 60 people dead and over 300 missing last Friday has cast a new light on the safety record of iron ore major Vale.
- Gruyere gold JV delivers first ore ahead of production launch
First ore has been mined on schedule at the Gruyere gold project in Western Australia this month.
- Disruption, community expectations key challenges: Deloitte
Mining companies must navigate a market characterised by constant disruption and changing community expectations, according to Deloitte’s Tracking the Trends 2019.
- Rio Tinto awards 100th contract in Pilbara work program
Rio Tinto’s procurement program in the Pilbara, Western Australia has achieved a milestone through the award of its 100th local work package in the region.
- Australian Mines’ Sconi joins ranks of ‘prescribed projects’ in QLD
Australian Mines has received a prescribed project status from the Queensland Government for its Sconi cobalt-nickel-scandium operations in Greenvale in North Queensland.