- Anglo American
- Gold Fields
- Horizon Minerals
- iron ore
- Keith Pitt
- Mineral Resources
- mining equipment
- Mount Isa
- Mt Cattlin
- OZ Minerals
- Peabody Energy
- Port Hedland
- quarterly report
- Sheffield Resources
- Stanmore Coal
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Coda Minerals boosts copper project ownership
Coda Minerals has secured an additional 19 per cent interest in the Elizabeth Creek copper project in South Australia with Terrace Mining subsidiary Torrens Mining, bringing the company’s total project holding to 70 per cent.
- Dacian secures Mt Morgans future through merger, exploration
Dacian Gold has finished its first quarter of solely using open pit and stockpile ore by producing 27,162 ounces of gold at the Mt Morgans mine in Western Australia, putting it on track to meet its full-year operating guidance.
- Gruyere JV elevates production output
Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources have improved the production rates at the Gruyere joint venture (JV) in Western Australia, while flagging the potential for further increases in 2021.
- Mount Gibson benefits from strong iron ore prices
Mount Gibson has sold 2.3 metric tonnes of iron ore in the first half of the 2021 financial year ahead of entering a new phase of operations at the Koolan Island mine in Western Australia.
- Perenti locks in $307m of contract wins
Perenti Global has secured more than $307 million in new work and contract extensions with Evolution Mining, Gold Fields, Western Areas and Consolidated Minerals.
- Port Hedland empties in preparation for Cyclone Lucas
Port Hedland has cleared all large vessels from the port’s anchorage as Cyclone Lucas approaches the coast of Western Australia’s Pilbara region.
- Forrest unveils Fortescue’s green steel plans
Fortescue Metals Group chairman Andrew Forrest has revealed his ambitions to build Australia’s first green steel pilot plant this year.
- Lynas to feed new US plant with Kalgoorlie rare earths
Lynas Corporation has inked an agreement with the United States Government to build a light rare earths separation plant in Texas.
- Newcrest, Greatland deliver on Havieron’s accelerated timeline
Newcrest Mining has commenced early works at the Havieron gold-copper joint venture (JV) project in Western Australia.
- Fortescue guides project development with contract awards
Fortescue Metals Group has signed an $80 million contract at the Solomon Hub and two contracts worth over $13 million at the Iron Bridge project in Western Australia.
- DRA gains second major Carmichael contract
Bravus Mining and Resources (formerly Adani) has awarded DRA Global with a $140 million coal preparation contract for the Carmichael coal mine and rail project in Queensland.
- Coronado confident of Chinese demand for Australian coal
Coronado Global Resources is hopeful that China’s suspension of Australian coal imports may have a positive long-term effect, with the impact to be offset by global steel producers restarting activities.
- OZ Minerals replaces Downer with Byrnecut at Carrapateena
Byrnecut will take over as OZ Minerals’ underground mining contractor at the Carrapateena mine in South Australia after incumbent contractor, Downer, announced plans to divest its mining services business.
- South32 moves on from Eagle Downs coal project
South32 has stepped away from the Eagle Downs metallurgical coal project in Queensland after deciding it’s not financially viable.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive movements
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at MACA, Port Augusta Operations, Greenvale Mining and more.
- Northern Star, Saracen performance peaks ahead of merger
Northern Star Resources and Saracen Mineral Holdings have both delivered operational records just weeks shy of their proposed merger being completed.
- Australia to reform mining qualification design
The Australian Government is conducting a qualification trial to deliver faster training to the mining sector.
- Pilbara Minerals strengthens Pilgangoora lithium foothold
Pilbara Minerals has finalised its acquisition of the Altura lithium project in Western Australia from Altura Mining for $201 million.
- Riley mine to Venture into production next quarter
Venture Minerals has set a pathway for iron ore production at the Riley mine in Tasmania by next quarter after completing construction of the wet screening plant.
- New Century cuts Century rehabilitation bills
New Century Resources has secured a $14 million cost reduction for the rehabilitation of the Century zinc mine in Queensland.