- Galilee Basin
- Gold Fields
- mergers and acquisitions
- Minerals Council of Australia
- Newcrest Mining
- New South Wales
- Olympic Dam mine
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Northern Star terminates HBJ gold mine contract
Northern Star Resources has terminated its contract with Westgold Resources’ contracting business Australian Contract Mining (ACM) on a ‘without cause’ basis.
- QLD mining companies to foot costs for abandoned mines
The Queensland State Government has passed a reform bill that means mining companies working in the state will now financially contribute to rehabilitation costs for abandoned mines.
- Kalamazoo offloads Snake Well gold project to Adaman
Kalamazoo Resources is selling its Snake Well gold project in the Murchison region of Western Australia to Adaman Resources for $7 million.
- Metso, Rockwell Automation develop connected mine solution
Metso has collaborated with Rockwell Automation to launch an expanded Metso Metrics that maximises the performance of comminution circuits.
- Epiroc releases latest battery-operated equipment
Epiroc has unveiled its second generation of battery-operated machines that have been designed to lower costs and make underground mining a healthier work environment.
- NZ Government confirms decision to re-enter Pike River mine
The Pike River mine drift will be re-entered, eight years since multiple explosions occurred at the mine on November 19, 2010.
- Newcrest furthers Mirasol Resources exploration partnership
Newcrest Mining has entered a farm-in agreement with Canadian company Mirasol Resources at the Altazor gold project in northern Chile.
- Woodside CEO pushes for carbon policy overhaul
Woodside Energy chief executive Peter Coleman has encouraged large resources companies to take action on preventing climate change and form “a low-carbon society”.
- Silver Lake bids for Doray Minerals in $421m WA gold merger
Western Australian gold producers Silver Lake Resources and Doray Minerals have entered into an agreement to merge into a new company.
- Northern Star offers $150m to buy out East Kundana JV
Northern Star Resources has bid $150 million to acquire the 49 per cent stake it does not already own of the East Kundana joint venture in Western Australia from Tribune Resources, Rand Mining and Rand Exploration.
- ExxonMobil: Shovel lubrication solutions
This service is designed to optimise lubricant application and help enhance production through long equipment life and equipment reliability – which can help lower maintenance costs.
- Broken Hill, Cobalt Blue in dispute over Thackaringa JV
Broken Hill Prospecting has issued a dispute notice to joint venture (JV) partner Cobalt Blue Holdings over the Thackaringa cobalt project near Broken Hill, New South Wales.
- Meet the ifm experts — Darryl Blackeby
Meet product sales manager Darryl Blackeby — an expert in the vision and identification product range of ifm (such as sensor cameras).
- Ramelius raises takeover offer for Explaurum
Ramelius Resources has sweetened its takeover offer for Explaurum by an additional 5 cents cash for each of the target’s share.
- BHP secures five Liebherr ultra-class trucks for Peak Downs
National Group has rented five Liebherr T 282 C ultra-class trucks to BHP at the Peak Downs coal mine in the Bowen Basin, northern Queensland.
- Rio Tinto delivers record Argyle Pink Diamonds tender
The tender featured 63 rare pink, red and violet diamonds from Rio’s Kimberley, Western Australia-based Argyle mine, including six hero diamonds, featured at the tender, named Magnificent Argyle.
- Roy Hill bolsters iron ore trade ties with China
Roy Hill has signed two memoranda of understanding with Chinese companies during the China International Import Expo (CIIE) in Shanghai.
- Golding awarded contract for Fitzroy Australia coal project
NRW Holdings subsidiary Golding has inked a contract with Fitzroy Australia Resources for works at the Ironbark No.1 coal mine in Queensland.
- Senex development of Roma North to deliver QLD jobs
Senex has launched construction of a gas processing facility and pipeline as part of its wider Western Surat gas project in Queensland.
- OZ Minerals strengthens future of Prominent Hill
OZ Minerals has extended the mine life of the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine in South Australia to 2030.