- Andrew Mackenzie
- Atlas Iron
- Bowen Basin
- Carmichael mine
- Evolution Mining
- Galilee Basin
- Hancock Prospecting
- iron ore
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Northern Star Resources
- Northern Territory
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Surat Basin
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Swift Networks wins five-year resources industry contract
Swift Networks, in partnership with DXC Technology, will deploy its entertainment and crew welfare solutions for the benefit of oil and gas personnel in Australia’s north-west.
- Administrators called in for Cleveland Mining
Beleaguered gold company Cleveland Mining has called in voluntary administrators due to the company’s financial troubles.
- Tahmoor coal mine in NSW officially opened by Sanjeev Gupta
The Tahmoor coking coal mine, located around 75km southwest of Sydney, has been officially opened by representatives of owner GFG Alliance, including chief executive officer Sanjeev Gupta.
- Gilbertson appointed Jupiter acting CEO
Brian Gilbertson will take over as acting chief executive officer of Jupiter Mines, which re-listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) last month.
- Rox unveils new spin-off Helios Gold for Mt Fisher project
Rox Resources has announced plans to create a new subsidiary company called Helios Gold to oversee operations at its Mt Fisher gold project in Western Australia. Rox intends to list Helios publicly on the ASX via an initial public offering (IPO).
- FLNG project secures Major Project Status
A $1.6 billion floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) project has been granted Major Project Status by the Australian Government.
- Pilbara ports see major import rate increase, iron exports consistent
Pilbara Ports Authority (PPA) has released its April shipping figures for its ports in the Pilbara region, Western Australia, which delivered throughput of 59.1 million tonnes (Mt) for the month, a seven per cent year-over-year (YoY) increase.
- Newcrest builds Tanami presence in search of gold discoveries
Newcrest Mining and ABM Resources will together advance exploration of the Euro gold project in the Tanami in Northern Territory after signing an agreement.
- OZ Minerals takeover bid for Avanco hits road bump
OZ Minerals’ recent $418 million takeover bid for Brazilian-focused copper-gold company Avanco Resources has been referred to by some Avanco shareholders, primarily commenters from the company’s second-biggest investor, London-based Greenstone Resources (16.68 per cent), as undervalued.
- Black Rock delivers ‘world first’ graphite results
Black Rock Mining has delivered what it believes to be world first pilot plant production of more than 99 per cent graphite concentrate using flotation methods.
- Gascoyne’s Dalgaranga project aiming for first gold six weeks ahead of schedule
Gascoyne Resources is only 10 days from first gold production at the Dalgaranga project in Western Australia, under budget and six weeks ahead of schedule.
- Argosy’s maiden Rincon lithium resource imminent
Australian explorer Argosy Minerals has released an update on its in-development Rincon lithium project in Salta Province, Argentina, with a JORC resource estimate targeted for release in the next two to three weeks.
- West African raises $35m for Sanbrado gold project
Perth company West African Resources has secured a major milestone for its Sanbrado gold project (formerly Tanlouka gold project) in Burkina Faso after receiving firm commitments from investors to raise $35 million in project funds.
- How to select a welding machine
When it comes to welding, choosing the right machine for the job is just as important as technique. The type of welder you purchase should be suited to the specific functions you need it for, because there is no such thing as a “one size fits all” welding machine.
- Golding and Wonbindi’s Baralaba coal contract increases to $420m
NRW subsidiary Golding Contractors and Baralaba Coal Company subsidiary Wonbindi Coal have agreed to extend the limited notice to proceed (LNTP) on the Baralaba North coal mine in Queensland to May 9, increasing the contract’s value from $350 million to $420 million and extending the contract terms by four months.
- SPD vanadium project shows high-grade potential for Tando
Tando Resources has returned grades in excess of 2 per cent V2O5 from surface samples taken at the SPD vanadium project in the Bushveld Complex of South Africa.
- Gold Road discovers high gold grades of up to 17.45g/t at Southern Yamarna
Gold Road Resources has confirmed multiple high-grade gold results from its South Yamarna tenements, part of the Yamarna Belt in Yilgarn Craton, Western Australia, returning results of up to 17.45 grams per tonne (g/t).
- Queensland Mining Awards: Rewarding innovation for all levels of the mining industry
With an industry-leading panel of judges and a Gala Presentation dinner packed with potential clients and peers, the Queensland Mining Awards are shaping up to be 2018’s finest celebration of the mining industry.
- Proximity detection systems now crucial for operating a safe mining site
As safety remains a top priority in the mining sector, increasing regulations and recommendations are placing an emphasis on the way that technology can improve operating practices and the move towards a target of zero harm.
- Newcrest closes in on full production at Cadia
Newcrest has started the deposition of tailings at the old Cadia Hill open pit following the completion of crucial pipeline infrastructure.