- Andrew Mackenzie
- Atlas Copco
- Coober Pedy
- Ernst and Young
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gascoyne Resources
- iron ore
- mining royalty
- NRW Holdings
- Rio Tinto
- South Africa
- South Australia
- Tom Albanese
- Western Australia
- PYBAR appoints new chief executive
PYBAR Mining Services has appointed Brendan Rouse, company co-founder and former chief operating officer, to the position of chief executive officer.
- Iron ore guides Rio Tinto to major profit boost
Rio Tinto improved its financial performance almost across the board during the first half of 2017. However, Rio did not meet the forecasts of analysts.
- New copper project on the cards for South Australia
Terramin subsidiary Terramin Exploration (TEL) has entered a joint venture agreement with Environmental Copper Recovery (ECR) for the potential development of a new copper project in Kapunda, South Australia.
- Sedgman wins EPC contract at Stanwell coal operation
Stanwell Corp has awarded Sedgman a $6 million engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract to provide a tailings dewatering facility at the Meandu mine coal handling and preparation plant in Queensland.
- Lycopodium enters engineering services deal with Lepidico
Australian-listed lithium explorer Lepidico has chosen Lycopodium Minerals to provide engineering services for its Phase 1 L-Max plant feasibility study.
- Fluor secures contract with BHP at South Flank iron ore project
BHP has awarded Fluor a project and construction management services contract at the South Flank iron ore project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Komatsu unleashes technology to make mine construction smarter
Komatsu has launched a project management technology it says will add significant benefits to the construction phase of mining.
- Azumah locks in ‘game changer’ deal for gold project with Perth investor
Azumah Resources has secured an earn-in agreement worth around $17 million at the Wa gold project in Ghana.
- AIMEX chairman sees renewed confidence in mining
Working with natural resources means never knowing what will be around the corner. So says David Moult, non-executive chairman of AIMEX.
- Fortescue retakes control of Solomon Power Station
Fortescue Metals Group has repurchased the Solomon Power Station in the Pilbara region of Western Australia from TransAlta Corp.
- Advancing fire suppression systems in mining
Before fire suppression systems were introduced to and implemented in the mining industry in the 1960s, there was a significant amount of crippling loss of equipment, production, and life due to fire outbreaks in mines.
- Yancoal seeks to raise $US2.5bn to fund Coal & Allied acquisition
Yancoal Australia has unveiled plans for a $US2.5 billion ($3.14 billion) equity raising it will use to fund the acquisition of Rio Tinto’s Coal & Allied in the Hunter Valley.
- NERA offers $15m for energy resources projects
More than $15 million has been made available by National Energy Resources Australia (NERA) to assist the industry to become more innovative and globally competitive.
- RPMGlobal unveils digital tool for underground mining
RPMGlobal (RPM) has launched Underground Metals Solution (UGMS), a scheduling tool tailored for underground mines.
- Millennium makes ‘breakthrough’ at Nullagine gold project
Millennium Minerals says it has achieved a key breakthrough in its strategy to grow the production profile and mine life of the Nullagine gold project in Western Australia.
- Breathe Safely with a Respirable Particulate Mitigation Ecosystem
Breathe-safe is a proud Australian manufacturer of high-efficiency air filtration and air conditioning systems (HVAC) for mining and construction equipment. We supply intelligent, custom designed fresh air cabin pressurisation units with high-efficiency particulate filters (HEPA as standard) for fixed, mobile plant equipment and site buildings. Breathe-safe products and services: Clean air technology for mining equipment … Continue reading Breathe Safely with a Respirable Particulate Mitigation Ecosystem
- Chevron to launch production at Wheatstone LNG this month
Chevron is less than a month away from starting production at the $US34 billion ($42.4 billion) Wheatstone liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in Western Australia.
- What are mining’s standout innovations?
Australian and international mining identities explain what they regard as the most exciting innovations at their respective companies.
- Iron ore price on fire
The doom-and-gloom surrounding the future of the price for iron ore remains on the back burner after its value spiked more than 7 per cent over night.
- Vimy secures $6m to advance Mulga Rock DFS
Vimy Resources has raised $6 million to fund a definitive feasibility study (DFS) it is progressing at the Mulga Rock uranium project in Western Australia.