- Alkane Resources
- Bounty Mining
- Century zinc mine
- Cook Colliery
- Curragh mine
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Fortescue Metals Group
- gr engineering
- Iluka Resources
- Independence Group
- joint venture
- Maules Creek
- met coal
- mine closure
- mount thorley warkworth
- New Century Resources
- Oyu Tolgoi
- Rio Tinto
- Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- Fortescue feeds off demand to keep production on target
Fortescue Metals Group has started the 2020 financial year with 42.2 million tonnes of total shipments, a 5 per cent improvement on the previous corresponding period.
- Bounty resumes Cook Colliery operations following roof fall
Bounty Mining’s Cook Colliery coking coal mine in Queensland has picked up mining activities following a roof fall last week.
- Fortescue extends RCR Mining contract at Cloudbreak
RCR Mining Technologies has won a contract for a significant design and construct equipment package at Fortescue Metals Group’s Cloudbreak iron ore project in Western Australia.
- Newcrest sets sights on 2020 guidance despite production drop
Newcrest Mining is confident in hitting its production guidance for the 2020 financial year, despite a drop in its September quarterly output.
- Gold to remain robust despite climate change concerns
Climate-related risks and opportunities could impact the future prospects of the gold industry, according to the World Gold Council’s latest analysis.
- Epiroc releases SmartROC D65 drill in Australia
Epiroc has launched its new generation SmartROC D65 Down Under surface drill, which is automated, future-proof and loaded with smart features.
- LEGO unveils replica Liebherr R 9800 excavator
Liebherr has released a replica model of the 800-tonne Liebherr R 9800 excavator, the biggest LEGO Technic set ever.
- IMARC offers start and scale-ups new networking platform
Start-up and scale-up businesses will have the opportunity to showcase their innovations at next week’s International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) in Melbourne.
- ABB scoops Victorian coal-to-hydrogen plant contract
Technology giant ABB will deliver automation, electrification and instrumentation solutions for the Hydrogen Energy Supply Chain (HESC) pilot project at Port of Hastings, Victoria.
- Bounty production hit by Cook Colliery roof fall
Bounty Mining has experienced an interruption to its operation when a roof fell at its Cook Colliery in Queensland last week.
- Millennium plots Nullagine mine transformation
Millennium Minerals has secured additional funding to underpin the next leg of the Nullagine gold mine’s transformation in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto to review smelter future as aluminium prices struggle
Rio Tinto will be conducting a strategic review of its interest in the Tiwai Point aluminium smelter in New Zealand, to determine its ongoing viability and competitive position.
- Saracen hits higher ground with record-breaking quarter
Saracen Mineral Holdings has enjoyed a record-breaking quarter with gold production and costs running ahead of guidance.
- Rammer boom systems to enhance safety
With 40 years of experience in the manufacturing of hydraulic boom systems in the mining industry and quarries world-wide, Rammer is specialising in the supply of complete boom systems to accommodate the specific needs of the user and enhance the safety.
- Independence exceeds Nova production guidance
Independence Group’s (IGO) Nova nickel copper operation has snuck above its pro-rata production guidance, producing 7724 tonnes of nickel and 3490 tonnes of copper for the September quarter.
- Emeco fends off BGC Contracting takeover bid speculation
Emeco has surfaced as one of the Australian-listed companies that is showing interest in acquiring up-for-sale BGC Contracting.
- Downer wins solar farm contract at Fortescue site
Downer has secured a $165 million contract from Alinta Energy to build a 60 megawatt solar farm at Fortescue Metals Group’s Chichester Hub in the Pilbara.
- Yancoal production rate drops, CEO not fazed
Yancoal chief executive Reinhold Schmidt has blamed global market conditions for a fall in output at the company’s coal operations during the September quarter.
- Gold Road reaps rewards from overperforming Gruyere
Gold Road Resources has reaffirmed its 2019 guidance range after early production at the Gruyere joint venture project in Western Australia slightly exceeded expectations.
- OZ Minerals forms agreement with Cobalt Blue
Broken Hill energy solutions company Cobalt Blue has entered into a test work cooperation agreement with OZ Minerals.