- Atlas Iron
- coal mining
- haul trucks
- Ian Macfarlane
- mining equipment
- Newcrest Mining
- oil and gas
- Pilbara Minerals
- Port Hedland
- renewable energy
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- Fortescue and ANZ partner for ATSI business funding
Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion has launched a $50 million boost for Aboriginal-owned businesses that has been funded by a partnership between Fortescue Metals Group and ANZ Banking
- Komatsu unveils D375A-8 crawler dozer
Komatsu continues to launch the D375A-8 crawler dozer throughout the global mining market.
- Sodexo showcases latest mining technology
Facility management company Sodexo has showcased its latest solution for mining at Microsoft’s Ignite conference in Florida, United States.
- Queensland launches annual exploration program
The program provides a more systematic process for releasing resource exploration tenders and to further bolster the state’s $20 billion-plus resources sector, according to the Queensland Government.
- Could current engineering skills become redundant?
To remain employable engineers require environmentally-sustainable design knowledge, expertise in new technology such as GPS positioning, drones and virtual reality (VR), and a willingness to continuously ask questions, according to a report from recruitment agency, Hays.
- Schneider Electric delivers operational reliability with new EcoStruxure solutions
Energy management and automation specialist Schneider Electric has introduced new EcoStruxure software solutions, bringing measurably profitable asset and operation reliability to the industrial market.
- Beach secures $1.585bn deal to acquire Origin business
Origin Energy has agreed to sell upstream oil and gas business, Lattice Energy, to Beach Energy for $1.585 billion.
- Less than a month until the Prospect Awards
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards return to Sydney next month, with the event to be held at the Ivy on October 26.
- Queensland mining suppliers call for return to fairer payment terms
Seven regional Queensland industry groups and economic development bodies have requested major mining houses review their payment terms for suppliers.
- Nivek’s TED machine lifts productivity at Hunter Valley Operations
Nivek Industries’ Tracked Elevating Device (TED), a remote-controlled, battery-powered, all-terrain, multi-purpose machine, has made a positive impact at the Hunter Valley Operations (HVO) in New South Wales.
- Onsite to acquire GCS Hire
Onsite Rental Group plans to acquire Western Australian equipment hire business GCS Hire – the equipment hire division of Global Construction Services.
- Sandvik launches narrow-vein loader
Sandvik is introducing a new three-tonne narrow-vein loader (LHD) that offers reliability, productivity and increased safety not previously seen in its size class.
- ABB acquires GE Industrial Solutions
Global power and automation technology company ABB will strengthen its position in the electrification sector through the acquisition of GE Industrial Solutions for US$2.6 billion ($3.3 billion).
- Yancoal increases Warkworth stake for $US230m
Yancoal Australia has exercised a call option to purchase Mitsubishi’s 28.9 per cent interest in the Warkworth coal joint venture in the Hunter Valley for $US230 million ($291.7 million).
- Monadelphous wins $220m of resources contracts
Monadelphous has secured new maintenance and construction work in the resources industry worth $220 million.
- Saracen to sell Red October gold mine
Saracen Mineral Holdings will offload the Red October gold mine in Western Australia to Matsa Resources for $2 million in cash and shares.
- Rio Tinto unveils paid parental leave standard
Rio Tinto will implement a new global minimum standard for paid parental leave for its entire workforce from next month.
- Fortescue deployment of Cat autonomous technology takes next step
Caterpillar and Fortescue Metals Group are moving ahead with the expansion of Cat Command for Hauling at the iron ore miner’s sites in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Fluor JV wins BHP contract
BHP has awarded an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract at the Spence copper operation in Chile to the joint venture between Fluor Corporation and SalfaCorp.
- Where to next for minerals processing?
FLSmidth country head Mark Clifford discusses the state of the minerals processing industry in Australia