- Anglo American
- Clive Palmer
- Hastings Deering
- Iluka Resources
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- metallurgical coal
- Newcrest Mining
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- Papua New Guinea
- Poseidon Nickel
- Western Australia
- Rio Tinto lets go of remaining Australian coal assets
Rio Tinto has completed the sale of its remaining Australian coal-mining operations in Queensland for $3.95 billion.
- Mount Gibson pushes Koolan Island closer to restart
Mount Gibson Iron has entered the final stage of the restart program at the Koolan Island iron ore project in the Kimberley, Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto capex increases by a third, costs up $530m
Rio Tinto has posted its half-year financial results for 2018, revealing a significant capex increase of 34 per cent and cost hike of $530 million.
- AuStar pours first gold from Rose of Denmark operation
AuStar has produced its first gold concentrate from the Rose of Denmark (RoD) underground mine in Victoria.
- Sedgman wins $US310 million of Ledjadja Coal mineral processing contracts
Resource Generation subsidiary Ledjadja Coal has awarded Sedgman $US310 million ($418 million) of mineral processing contracts.
- Paladin Energy makes takeover bid for Summit Resources
Western Australia-based Paladin Energy has entered into a takeover bid with uranium company Summit Resources.
- Rio Tinto takes key step towards first ‘intelligent’ mine
Rio Tinto has approved $US146 million ($196 million) in preliminary funding for its first intelligent mine, the Koodaideri iron ore project in the Pilbara region, Western Australia.
- Restart of Century zinc mine ‘imminent’
New Century Resources is on the verge of restarting the Century zinc mine in Queensland after making strong progress in July.
- Caterpillar notches another truck milestone
Caterpillar has manufactured and delivered its 50,000th articulated truck. It is the third truck milestone for Caterpillar this year, following the 5000th 793 mining truck and the 1000th 797 mining truck.
- MinRes statistics highlight reductions at Wodgina
Mineral Resources has produced 15.29 million wet tonnes (Mwt) of lithium and iron ore and shipped 13.21Mwt in the 2018 financial year.
- St Barbara adds three years to Alliance’s chartered flying agreement
Australian gold producer St Barbara has extended its air charter services contract to Alliance Aviation Services by a further three years.
- Cardinal Resources secures $25 million for Ghana gold project
Cardinal Resources has received a $25 million in funds from investment firm Sprott for the Namdini gold project in Ghana, West Africa.
- Tawana, Alliance achieve commercial lithium production at Bald Hill mine
Joint venture partners Tawana Resources and Alliance Mineral Assets have achieved commercial production at the Bald Hill lithium mine in the Eastern Goldfields, Western Australia.
- Gruyere JV increases development costs
Gruyere joint venture partners, Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources, have increased their forecasted capital cost for the development to $621 million.
- Anglo American awards $75m contract to Centurion
Transport and logistics provider, Centurion, has been selected by Anglo American as preferred tenderer for the provision of general transport services for its Bowen Basin operations.
- MACA secures contract extension at Duketon South
Regis Resources has awarded MACA a contract extension for open pit mining services at the Duketon South gold operations near Laverton, Western Australia.
- Iluka forms South Australian JV with Western Areas
Nickel-focused producer Western Areas has entered a farm-in and joint venture (JV) with Iluka Resources over the Western Gawler exploration area in South Australia.
- Kalgoorlie Super Pit JV partners reveal rock fall impact
The Super Pit rock falls have caused joint owner Newmont Mining to reduce its Australian gold production guidance to between 1.4 and 1.6 million ounces in 2018.
- Work starts at BHP’s South Flank project
BHP has turned the first sod at the South Flank iron project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Core gains $US35m lithium offtake agreement
Lithium producer Core Exploration has signed a $US35 million ($47.3 million) prepayment and concentrate offtake agreement with Meidu Energy subsidiary, Shandong RuiFu Lithium.