- Andrew Forrest
- Anglo American
- Atlas Iron
- BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Evolution Mining
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Internet of Things
- iron ore
- mineral sands
- mining services
- National Group
- Northern Minerals
- Rio Tinto
- Top News
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Gold price to reach $US3000: Bank of America
Bank of America (BofA) has raised its gold price forecast to $US3000 ($4751.10) an ounce over the next 18 months in a report titled, ‘The Fed can’t Print Gold’.
- Anglo American and Komatsu to revitalise old mine sites
Anglo American has joined forces with Komatsu to rehabilitate the Dawson coal mine in Queensland’s Bowen Basin by planting 9000 trees.
- Fortescue extends COVID-19 assistance to Aboriginal Australians
Fortescue Metals Group is set to distribute over 1300 care packages of essential supplies to Aboriginal communities in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Legend finds more massive nickel-copper sulphides at Mawson
Legend Mining has discovered another two significant zones of nickel-copper sulphides at the Mawson prospect in the Rockford project, Western Australia.
- Middle Island discovers second gold deposit at Sandstone
Middle Island Resources has unveiled another gold deposit at the Sandstone project in Western Australia, the second it has discovered in the past week.
- BHP pledges to SA sustainable development
BHP has inked its commitment to sustainable development in South Australia by becoming the latest signatory to the South Australian Chamber of Mines and Energy (SACOME) Code of Conduct.
- Fortescue to receive thyssenkrupp’s largest ever gyratory crusher at Iron Bridge
thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions will supply two of its KB 63-130 gyratory crushers — which are set to be the largest in Australia — to Fortescue Metals Group’s Iron Bridge magnetite project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Yancoal keeps focus on growth despite production dip
Yancoal has finished the March quarter with 16 million tonnes run of mine coal produced, an 8 per cent drop from the same period last calendar year.
- Adani awards $220m railway contract for Carmichael mine
Adani Mining has continued the construction of the Carmichael mine and rail project in Queensland, with employees working under strict coronavirus safety measures.
- Rio Tinto ramps up effort to meet emission targets
Rio Tinto chief executive Jean-Sébastien Jacques has noted that achieving the company’s ambitious emission targets would not be possible without using its influence on the downstream customers.
- Australian Vanadium project receives lead agency status
The Western Australian Government has awarded the Australian Vanadium project with lead agency status, providing the development with simplified approval processes.
- Kerman to construct Koodaideri lab for Rio Tinto
Kerman Contracting has won a significant contract for a laboratory construction at Rio Tinto’s Koodaideri iron ore mine in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- IGO to acquire stake in New Century
IGO is set to own up to 18.4 per cent of New Century Resources through a $27 million investment in the operator of the Century zinc mine in Queensland.
- BHP expects major economic impact of coronavirus still to come
BHP has tipped that major economies such as the United States, Europe and India will remain dramatically impacted by coronavirus in the June quarter.
- Martin Engineering monitors belt cleaner blades with new indicator
Martin Engineering has unveiled a belt cleaner position indicator in a move to continue its leadership in developing conveyor technology.
- Gold Road remains on track for 2020 production guidance
Gold Road Resources has kept a steady hand during the COVID-19 crisis, with stable production targets and a healthy financial position recorded in its March 2020 quarterly report.
- Northern Minerals to raise $22m for Browns Range development
Northern Minerals has signed investor agreements to raise $22 million to develop its projects, including the Browns Range operation in Western Australia.
- Strandline locks in three sales contracts for Coburn
Strandline Resources has boosted its funding for the Coburn mineral sands project in Western Australia after penning three binding product offtake agreements.
- PepinNini plots gold production at Gilded Rose in 2021
PepinNini Lithium has finalised its plan to purchase the Gilded Rose gold project at Cloncurry in north-west Queensland from Ausmex Mining Group.
- Nearly 50% of resources employers intend to keep jobs: AMMA survey
A survey on Australian resources employers has identified that nearly half (47 per cent) have no plans to reduce their workforces at this stage.