- Anglo American
- Atlas Iron
- iron ore
- materials handling
- mental health
- metallurgical coal
- Mineral Resources
- Minerals Council of Australia
- Northern Star
- NRW Holdings
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Queensland Government
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- St Barbara
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Perenti flags salary pressures in Australian market
Perenti managing director and chief executive officer Mark Norwell has declared that the demand for Australian labour workers is putting pressure on company costs due to increased wages.
- No lull for Lucapa with 100+ carat diamond discovery
Lucapa Diamond Company has uncovered yet another 100-plus carat diamond from its Lulo alluvial diamond mine in Angola, Africa.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive appointments
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at Metro Mining, Marmota, Barra Resources and more.
- Havieron JV fast tracks project development
Greatland Gold has opened the underground decline at the Havieron gold-copper project in Western Australia.
- Study switch turns on big career in asset and maintenance management
Mackay tradie turned manager sees big demand for asset maintenance and management skillset in Australian mining and manufacturing
- Resources sector boosts federal budget spending spree
The Australian Government’s 2021-22 Budget has recognised the sector’s contribution to taxes and exports, with a future full of incentives and investment.
- Copper explorers back record price run
Two Australian companies are confident that copper prices will continue to set records, with the red metal reaching a new high of $US10,724.50 ($13,682) on the London Metal Exchange (LME) overnight
- Classic Minerals edges Kat Gap closer to production
Classic Minerals has commissioned its Gekko gold processing plant for the company’s flagship Kat Gap gold project in Western Australia.
- Carpentaria increases Hawsons foothold
Carpentaria Resources has purchased the Pure Metals’ majority share of the Hawsons iron project in New South Wales for around $4.2 million.
- OZ Minerals collaborates with Epiroc on sustainable mining project
Epiroc has led the establishment of a carbon-neutral sustainable mining initiative to enable more efficient operations.
- Iron ore price eclipses $US230/tonne
The price of seaborne iron ore has jumped to a record $US230.56 ($294.52) per tonne, just after it surpassed the $US200 per tonne mark.
- Coates Hire unveils world-first lightweight heavy duty structural support solution
Coates Hire, Australia’s leading equipment hire and solutions provider, has announced the successful completion of the first project in its $1 million research partnership with Monash University with the launch of the world’s lightest heavy duty structural support system for temporary works in the construction sector with capacity of up to 150 tonne.
- Iluka steps up rare earths diversification plans
Iluka Resources has been endorsed by the Australian Government to commence a feasibility study into a rare earths refinery at the Eneabba operation in Western Australia.
- Lucapa sells $5m of Lulo diamonds
Lucapa Diamond Company has sold another large parcel of diamonds, worth $US5 million ($6.3 million), from its Lulo alluvial mine in Angola, west Africa.
- Pilbara Minerals plots development of Pilgangoora lithium refinery
Pilbara Minerals plans to form a joint venture with tech company Calix to examine the development of a midstream lithium chemicals refinery at the Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum operation in Western Australia.
- Coronado to face court over Curragh charges
Legal charges have been issued against Coronado Global Resources in relation to the death of a worker at the Curragh coal mine in Queensland last year. An employee of contractor Thiess died in an incident at the mine while changing a tyre in the main workshop on January 12, 2020. Operations were suspended for five … Continue reading Coronado to face court over Curragh charges
- Mining urged to transition to energy-saving systems
The global mining industry must move away from legacy systems and processes if it is to meet the challenge of decarbonisation, according to a report commissioned by Weir Group.
- Copper price rockets to all-time high
Copper has topped its record price after reaching $US10,361 ($13,200) per tonne on the London Metal Exchange (LME) last week.
- Australian Government commits $20m to resources strategy
The Australian Government has unveiled a $20 million Global Resources Strategy to expand the reach and reputation of the country’s resources industry.
- Wagners hauls in Glencore contract renewal
Wagners has renewed a haulage services contract with Glencore in north-west Queensland for another four years.