- battery minerals
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- Gold Road Resources
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- National Group
- New Century Resources
- New South Wales
- Olympic Dam
- Pilbara Minerals
- Prospect Awards
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Top News
- Liontown to accelerate lithium development at Kathleen Valley
Liontown Resources has received firm commitments for an $18 million capital raising to continue exploration and development of its lithium projects in Western Australia.
- Gold price forecasting equitable to ‘wishful thinking’
An industry expert, Surbiton Associates director Sandra Close has warned those interested in gold to be aware of the shortcomings of gold price forecasts being made, given the volatility of the precious metal.
- Gold, iron ore companies rise up as winners in WA
Fortescue Metals Group, Mount Gibson Iron and Silver Lake Resources are the three companies to experience the largest market capitalisation growth in the 2019 financial year, according to the Deloitte Western Australian Index.
- Northern Star sets record exploration budget as reserves rise
Northern Star Resources has boosted its group reserves by 35 per cent to 5.4 million ounces, at a time when numbers in the gold industry across Australia and overseas are falling.
- Lithium Australia MD dismisses Chinese oversupply claims
Lithium Australia managing director Adrian Griffin has downplayed expert opinion that China is facing an oversupply of spodumene concentrates, claiming that it “may actually be short-lived.”
- MinRes builds on Albemarle JV with updated lithium deal
Mineral Resources has revised its arrangements with Albermale for the partial sale of Wodgina and acquisition of an interest in the Kemerton hydroxide facility.
- Alkane expands gold portfolio through Genesis investment
Alkane Resources is set to become the largest shareholder in junior gold company Genesis, after announcing a $6 million investment in the company.
- Leading WA contractors secure $250m of Rio Tinto work
Rio Tinto has awarded $250 million worth of contracts to BGC Contracting and Monadelphous Group for work at the Robe River Joint Venture’s West Angelas iron ore mine in the Pilbara.
- Thyssenkrupp sells more crushers to Northparkes
Thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions will supply the first double mouth jaw-gyratory crusher to be sold in the world to the CMOC-Northparkes block cave underground mine in New South Wales.
- Rio Tinto reveals ‘significant’ Winu intercepts
Rio Tinto has released data on 42 drill holes at its Winu copper-gold project in the Yeneena Basin of the Paterson Province, Western Australia.
- Global rush for gold continues to surge
Global gold demand has continued to grow in the second quarter this year off the back of sustained central bank buying and growth in gold-backed exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- Mastermyne wins $95m Anglo American contract for Aquila
Anglo American has awarded a development and outbye services contract for its Aquila project in Queensland to Mastermyne Group.
- Cameco gets favourable decision for Yeelirrie uranium project
The Western Australian Supreme Court of Appeal has overturned the Traditional Owner’s legal appeal against the approval of Cameco Australia’s Yeelirrie uranium mining proposal in the Northern Goldfields.
- Saracen achieves record gold reserves on path to 400,000oz
Saracen Mineral Holdings has updated its growth strategy, announcing that its reserves have risen by 32 per cent to a record 3.3 million ounces.
- Weir Minerals lifts heavy weights with specialised tools
Weir Minerals produces lifting tools for the safe handling of slurry pump parts, putting safety at the heart of its innovation.
- Resolute bolsters gold portfolio with $400m Toro acquisition
Resolute will acquire Toro Gold for $US274 million ($400.2 million) in a bid to capitalise on the Mako gold mine located in Senegal, West Africa.
- Strain gauge training workshop, Sydney, September 17, 2019
Bestech Australia will run a full-day strain gauging workshop in the University of Western Sydney.
- Kirkland Lake breaks more records at Fosterville
Kirkland Lake has reported a surge in gold sales off the back of a record quarter at its Fosterville mine where it achieved “higher than expected grades.”
- Venture hands out contract on back of surging iron ore price
Venture Minerals has named previous contractor Shaw Contracting the preferred tenderer for the the Riley iron ore mine restart project in Tasmania.
- Resolute Mining on verge of acquisition proposal
Resolute Mining has entered into a trading halt on the ASX ahead of an announcement relating to a proposed acquisition.