- coal mining
- Coober Pedy
- Dalgaranga gold project
- De Grey Mining
- Evolution Mining
- Gascoyne Resources
- iron ore
- Medusa Mining
- minerals processing
- mining royalty
- Newcrest Mining
- Nickel West
- quarterly results
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Telfer gold mine
- Tom Albanese
- Western Australia
- Rio Tinto autonomous train project on track for 2018 launch
Rio Tinto’s AutoHaul project has ramped up to a stage where it is now autonomously completing more than half of its train journeys in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Shell awards Prelude FLNG contract
Engineering and maintenance services provider EnerMech has been awarded a five-year contract for hose and hose fittings supply and services for Shell’s Prelude floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) facility in Western Australia.
- MinEx report lays out 40-year gold forecast for Australia
Strategist MinEx Consulting has released the findings of a long-term report on the future of the Australian gold mining industry from 2017–2057.
- Israeli tech firm Airobotics hiring Aussies for drone deal
Israeli autonomous drone company Airobotics has garnered much attention over its pilotless drone technology, the world’s first to secure an aviation licence.
- South32 resumes production at Appin mine
South32 has restarted production at the Appin coal mine in New South Wales following a an operational review to improve performance.
- OZ Minerals to close Prominent Hill pit early, save $10m
OZ Minerals has announced in a quarterly release that it plans to accelerate pit closure at its Prominent Hill copper-gold operation.
- BHP launches carbon capture collaboration with universities
BHP has launched a global collaboration with top international universities to accelerate a deeper understanding of carbon capture and storage (CCS) in a range of subsurface locations.
- Queensland Mining sells copper project to Moly Mines for $53m
Queensland Mining (QML) has announced the sale of its flagship White Range copper project in northwest Queensland to unlisted company Moly Mines for $53 million ($45m in cash and $8m in convertible bonds).
- Whittens wins contract at Pilgangoora lithium project
Whittens has secured its sixth contract for 2017 with RCR Tomlinson at Pilbara Minerals’ Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project in Western Australia.
- How to Control Cabin Respirable Mine Dust Exposures and Comply with Occupational Exposure Limits (OEL)
“Imagine having to breathe through a tiny tube that will continue to shrink in size over time: this is one of the many health risks posed from respirable mine dust” In recent times, the exposure level to respirable dust that any machine operator [fixed or mobile plant] is exposed to has become a WHS imperative due to the resurgence of Black … Continue reading How to Control Cabin Respirable Mine Dust Exposures and Comply with Occupational Exposure Limits (OEL)
- Tronox to sustain salt mine operations following WA Government agreement
Western Australian Premier Mark McGowan has introduced legislation to tweak a 1988 mining and processing agreement act, a move that allows local operator Tronox to explore new sources of raw material.
- MMG looks to expand, seeks mergers for copper and zinc
MMG managing director Jerry Jiao has expressed plans for the Chinese miner’s expansion and desire for new investments.
- Montezuma upgrades WA manganese mine
Montezuma Mining has upgraded its 100 per cent-owned Yanneri Ridge manganese facility in Butcherbird, Western Australia — the largest onshore facility of its type in the country — following optimistic test results that have exceeded expectations.
- Newmont set to increase gold output at Tanami
Newmont Mining’s $US120 million ($154 million) expansion of the Tanami gold mine on the border of Northern Territory and Western Australia was officially opened this week.
- Chevron withdraws from Great Australian Bight exploration
Energy giant Chevron is abandoning its $400 million exploration plans in South Australia’s Great Australian Bight.
- Metalicity strengthens zinc portfolio with project acquisitions
Metalicity’s emergence as a zinc company has been boosted by the acquisition of two projects in the Kimberley region of Western Australia.
- Where does all the gold go?
According to a new report from the World Gold Council, one country purchases over 100 tonnes a year in bars and coins.
- Whitehaven backs strength of coal market as output surges
Whitehaven Coal is confident of a positive outlook for the company in the global coal market.
- GroundProbe adds technology to new underground system
Tech innovation company GroundProbe will present its new Geotech Monitoring LiDAR (GML-Underground) at the inaugural International Conference in Underground Mining Technology in Canada.
- Northern Star to launch training program earlier than expected
Northern Star Resources executive chairman Bill Beament has expressed excitement at the renewed potential of his company’s $50 million apprenticeship program, first announced at the Diggers & Dealers conference in August.