- Anglo American
- Gold Fields
- Horizon Minerals
- iron ore
- Keith Pitt
- Mineral Resources
- mining equipment
- Mount Isa
- Mt Cattlin
- OZ Minerals
- Peabody Energy
- Port Hedland
- quarterly report
- Sheffield Resources
- Stanmore Coal
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- IGO sells Tropicana stake to Regis for $903m
Regis Resources has inked an agreement with IGO to purchase the latter’s 30 per cent interest in the Tropicana gold mine in Western Australia.
- GR Engineering secures $59.5m Norseman contract
GR Engineering has been awarded a contract to build a processing plant at the Norseman gold project in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia.
- Porgera gold mine set for restart
A partnership has been formed between the Papua New Guinea government and Barrick Niugini Limited in order to reopen the Porgera gold mine later this year.
- Latin Resources’ Halloysite, Kaolin assays could be highest grade in Australia
Latin Resources Limited has announced that majority of the test-work results from the Noombenberry Halloysite-Kaolin project have now been received.
- Austmine welcomes WA Mining Club as latest associate partner
Austmine has recognised the WA Mining Club as an Associate Partner in a signing which promises to maximise the spread of insights and innovations from across the resources sector.
- Rio Tinto increases Paterson Province investment
Rio Tinto has increased its stake in the Citadel joint venture (JV) with Antipa Minerals in Western Australia, after solely funding more than $25 million in the gold-copper project.
- Perenti secures $235 million contract extension at Geita
Perenti Global subsidiary African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) has locked in a two-year contract at AngloGold Ashanti’s Geita gold mine in Tanzania.
- Fosterville guides Kirkland Lake above production target
Kirkland Lake Gold has exceeded its production guidance for the first quarter of 2021, at 302,847 ounces, following a record year in 2020.
- Gold Road yet to secure acquisition of Tropicana stake
Gold Road Resources has confirmed it made a bid to acquire IGO’s 30 per cent interest in the Tropicana joint venture project in Western Australia, adding that no agreement has been reached.
- Stantec to acquire Engenium, power up project consultancy
Stantec will be handed the reins to deliver a range of resources projects after the multinational company signed an agreement to acquire Engenium.
- Liontown builds throughput momentum
Liontown Resources has flagged the potential for throughput improvements at the Kathleen Valley lithium-tantalum project in Western Australia.
- Gold prices surge to six-week highs
Spot gold prices have risen to a high of $US1759.70 ($2298.06) per ounce on Thursday, reaching its highest point in over a month.
- Anglo American, South32 walk away from thermal coal
Anglo American is the second company to separate itself from its South African thermal coal assets following a similar move by South32 last week.
- WA ports prepare for cyclone Seroja
Western Australia is expecting flash flooding and treacherous ocean conditions along its coastline this weekend as Tropical Cyclone Seroja sets in between Oslow and Perth.
- Wiluna hands out decade-long Contract extension
Wiluna Mining has extended a power supply contract with Contract Power Group at its namesake gold operation in Western Australia.
- New Century set for significant cost reduction
New Century Resources is expecting to cut down production costs at the Century zinc operation in Queensland while bolstering its planned production expansion.
- WA to welcome Australia’s first green port
Australia’s first regenerative deep-water port has entered the planning stages near Exmouth on Western Australia’s north west coast.
- Building the nation’s mining infrastructure
National construction company, Ahrens, is meeting the infrastructure needs of the mining sector in the most regional and remote areas Keeping the wheels of the nation’s mining industry turning takes the right resources. Australia’s key mining players are demanding suppliers who can deliver high quality services in even the most remote areas. Ahrens has a … Continue reading Building the nation’s mining infrastructure
- Western Areas capitalises on high-grade Forrestania
Western Areas has reported improvements in mined and milled tonnage at the Forrestania nickel operations in Western Australia.
- Image snaps up mineral sands mining lease
Image Resources has snagged a mining lease for its Atlas mineral sands project in Western Australia as the life of its Boonanarring project edges closer to ending.