- Altura Mining
- Andrew Forrest
- climate change
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- iron ore
- Newcrest Mining
- Northern Star Resources
- NRW Holdings
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Port Hedland
- rare earths
- Rio Tinto
- south flank
- Super Pit
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Sexual harassment in mining triggers MCA taskforce
The Australian Human Rights Commission has found that 40 per cent of workers in the mining sector experienced sexual harassment in the past five years.
- Australian iron ore prices rise in China
Prices for Australia’s high-grade iron ore fines have increased this week after data on China’s steel output in 2020 was revealed.
- Linden seeks Second Fortune with Mako contract
Linden Gold Alliance has awarded Mako Mining with a $46 million contract for underground mining services at the Second Fortune Gold project in Western Australia.
- SA to transform power station into mining port
The South Australian Government has given Port Augusta Operations the go-ahead to build a port facility in the Upper Spencer Gulf that will service mining operations.
- QLD miners bunker down for ex-Tropical Cyclone Kimi
Queensland miners have again found themselves facing the potential of an extreme weather event as ex-Tropical Cyclone Kimi edged closer to Townsville this morning.
- Rio Tinto flags production delay at Winu
Rio Tinto has pushed its production timeframe at the Winu copper-gold project in Western Australia by a year despite drilling progress made in 2020.
- Newmont strengthens Alliance with aviation contract extension
Newmont Mining has signed a three-year contract extension with Alliance Aviation Services, which provides air-charter services to the Tanami gold mine in the Northern Territory.
- A drill designed for drillers
RTDrill has unveiled its latest down-the-hole hammer drill rig, the RTD32, which is now available across Australia through CRAM.
- Surge in school girls attend mining camp
Curtin University’s Western Australian School of Mines is hosting a record number of secondary school aged girls at the annual Girls’ Focus on Mining Camp in the Goldfields this week.
- Rio Tinto, BHP awaiting permits for US copper project
Mining giants Rio Tinto and BHP are continuing to engage with Native American tribes as they seek permission to develop the Resolution copper project in Arizona, the United States.
- New Century ships half a million tonnes of zinc
New Century Resources is anticipating a rise in zinc prices due to an increase in global demand as governments boost infrastructure projects to drive their economic recovery plans.
- Saracen shareholders back Northern Star merger
Saracen Mineral Holdings has received virtually unanimous support from its shareholders for the company’s proposed merger with Northern Star Resources.
- FLSmidth puts thyssenkrupp mining business in takeover sights
FLSmidth is in talks to acquire thyssenkrupp’s mining business, potentially creating further consolidation in the global mining equipment and technology space.
- BHP to act on elevated Pilbara dust levels
BHP plans to build a first-of-its-kind wind fence in Australia at the Finucane Island off the coast of Port Hedland to mitigate dust issues in the Pilbara region, Western Australia.
- QLD considers mine camps to quarantine travellers
Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk is mulling over quarantining overseas travellers returning to the state at mining camps to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading in the state.
- Resolute guides recovery from Syama delays
Resolute Mining has poured 89,888 ounces of gold in the December quarter despite disruptions at the Syama gold mine in Mali.
- Bardoc moves towards mid-tier position
Bardoc Gold has progressed its mid-tier aspirations after forming an agreement with MRI Trading AG to acquire the Bardoc project near Kalgoorlie in Western Australia.
- WA Kaolin begins Wickepin plant construction
WA Kaolin has started building works on the production plant at the Wickepin kaolin clay project in Western Australia.
- Galan claims majority stake in Greenbushes South
Galan Lithium has joined a band of companies in Western Australia’s South East region in acquiring part of the Greenbushes lithium strike, as it scoops up 80 per cent of Greenbushes South.
- Rio Tinto to commercialise scandium oxide in 2021
Rio Tinto has commenced construction of a commercial scale scandium demonstration plant at the For et Titane (RTFT) metallurgical complex in Quebec, Canada.