- AngloGold Ashanti
- base metals
- Carmichael mine
- Carosue Dam
- Fosterville gold mine
- Fraser Range
- iron ore
- kirkland lake gold
- mining equipment
- New Acland
- New Century Resources
- New Hope Group
- Northern Star
- Paterson Province
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- St Barbara
- Super Pit
- Toro Energy
- Venture Minerals
- Image secures offtake deal for Boonanarring product
Image Resources has agreed to sell 100,000 tonnes of heavy mineral concentrate from the zircon-rich Boonanarring mineral sands project in Western Australia to a Chinese buyer.
- Bellevue to develop WA gold project following major discovery
Bellevue Gold will transition to the project development phase at the Bellevue gold project in Western Australia after confirming a high-grade resource.
- Scott Technology commences automation building works at Rio Tinto project
Scott Technology has started constructing an automated mine site laboratory at Rio Tinto’s Koodaideri Iron Ore project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Glencore’s former Ulan coal mine rehabilitated into natural habitat
Glencore has transformed 52 hectares of the formerly mined land at the Ulan coal operation in New South Wales into a habitat for a diverse range of native plants and animals.
- Zinc price rebound anticipated amid unstable market
Despite current volatility, zinc prices have been forecast to climb in the coming months as COVID-19’s strain on the market eases.
- Civmec to engage 200 workers for Fortescue contract
Fortescue Metals Group has awarded Civmec a civil contract for the Iron Bridge magnetite project in Western Australia.
- NT Government makes Thor tungsten project a priority
The Northern Territory government has awarded Thor Mining’s Molyhil tungsten and molybdenum project, which is located 220 kilometres from Alice Springs with major project status.
- WA Government relaxes expenditure exemption rules for explorers
The McGowan Government has amended its mining regulations to further support tenement holders seeking an expenditure exemption.
- BHP ramps up Pilbara autonomous transition
BHP has welcomed its first fleet of autonomous trucks to the Newman East iron ore mine in Western Australia, with the full roll out due to take place by September.
- Sandvik launches new era for Toro trucks and loaders
Sandvik is reintroducing new models of the renowned Toro underground hard rock loaders and trucks, starting with the Toro LH517i and Toro LH621i loaders.
- Lithium and Battery Metals Digital Conference 2020
Take advantage of AusIMM’s early bird discount tickets for the upcoming Lithium and Battery Metals Digital Conference.
- Metals X considers sale of WA copper assets
Metals X is looking for buyers for its entire Western Australian copper portfolio, including the Nifty, Maroochydore and Paterson exploration projects.
- Grosvenor coal oxidation under control: Anglo American
Anglo American suspects a “brief ignition event” occurred in the Grosvenor underground coal mine in Queensland during June, in addition to the blast that injured five people earlier in the year.
- Downer purchases Australia’s first Komatsu 830E-5 trucks
Downer has taken delivery of five next-generation Komatsu 830E-5 dump trucks, the first fleet to be sold in Australia.
- Strandline seals zircon offtake for construction-ready Coburn
Strandline Resources has secured an offtake agreement with Spain-based Chilches Materials for the Coburn mineral sands project in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto braces for massive Oyu Tolgoi cost blowout
Rio Tinto has recommended a new mine design for the Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold mine in Mongolia, bumping up its development capital by $1.3–$1.8 billion.
- Northern Minerals unable to avoid Browns Range redundancies
Northern Minerals has decided to partially restart operations and exploration at the Browns Range rare earths project in Western Australia following the lift of Commonwealth biosecurity restrictions.
- Aeris plots Cracow life extension through exploration
Aeris Resources has committed $13 million for exploration at the Cracow gold mine in Queensland over the next two years after completing a takeover of the mine.
- Metso Outotec merger sets up future expansion
Metso has officially merged its minerals business with Outotec to form a new company with aims to become an industry leader across the minerals, aggregates, metals refining and recycling industries.
- FLSmidth selected to supply roasting kiln at TMT’s Gabanintha vanadium mine
Technology Metals Australia (TMT) has chosen FLSmidth as its preferred supplier of the key roasting kiln section at the Gabanintha vanadium processing plant in Western Australia.