- BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- Dyno Nobel
- Evolution Mining
- Galaxy Resources
- mergers and acquisitions
- Mineral Resources
- Mt Cattlin
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Prominent Hill
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- South Africa
- Stanmore Coal
- Western Australia
- TNG Mount Peake progress may be affected by COVID-19
TNG has provided an update on the progress of pre-development planning for its Mount Peake project in Northern Territory, taking into consideration the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the timing of the project.
- Lynas Malaysia plant shutdown extended
The Malaysian Government has extended its movement control order to combat the coronavirus, causing Lynas Malaysia to prolong the temporary suspension of its production plant.
- Australia injects $130bn wage package
The federal government has announced a lifeline for Australia’s workforce amid the coronavirus pandemic, providing six million workers with a fortnightly wage subsidy of up to $1500 per person.
- Roy Hill expands fleet with third Pentium Hydro rig
Roy Hill Iron Ore plans to deploy the eighth rig for its company fleet at the Pilbara mine, Western Australia through an additional purchase order to Vysarn.
- Red 5 to evolve into mid-tier gold producer with capital raising
Red 5 has made a $125 million share placement to investors to support the development of its King of the Hills (KOTH) gold project in Western Australia’s Eastern Goldfields.
- Primero secures additional $20m contracts with Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto has awarded additional contracts to Primero for the Koodaideri and Mesa K projects in the Pilbara, Western Australia for a combined value of $20 million.
- Ausmex seeks partnership to advance SA gold projects
Ausmex Mining has set sights on finding joint venture and/or farm-in partners for the development of its gold assets in the Burra region of South Australia.
- Australian Vanadium scales back business due to ‘turbulent markets’
Australian Vanadium (AVL) has announced a business strategy to safeguard its “financial health” and preserve the Australian Vanadium Project in Western Australia during the coronavirus pandemic.
- MinRex Resources actively explores Silver Lake kilometres
Gold explorer MinRex Resources, which holds ground just a few kilometres to the north-east of the $1.2 billion capped Silver Lake Resources’ gold and copper Deflector mine, is set to release new exploration results at its Deflector extended gold project at Gullewa in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto not ‘complacent’ in battling coronavirus spread
Rio Tinto has continued to operate most of its assets to fulfil customer orders while complying with government directives regarding coronavirus.
- Australia among top countries for mining and metals industry M&A deals
The global metals and mining industry has recorded $US1.26 billion ($2.05 billion) in mergers and acquisition (M&A) deals for February, according to a Global Data report.
- Fortescue on track to maintain guidance despite coronavirus restrictions
Fortescue Metals Group is set to keep its guidance for mining, processing and shipping activities despite changes to exploration schedules and rosters.
- Saracen maintains 2020 guidance despite coronavirus
Saracen Mineral Holdings is on track to produce a record 150,000 to 155,000 ounces of gold across its operations during the March quarter, seeing minimal impact from the coronavirus pandemic.
- WA government offers expenditure relief for explorers
Exploration companies in Western Australia can apply for an expenditure exemption from the state government if they are unable to meet the tenement’s expenditure requirements.
- Resources industry to implement coronavirus protocols amid increased hiring
The resources industry has declared health and safety as the first priority of the sector as it continues to implement national coronavirus protocols.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including BHP planning to hire an additional 1500 workers to support the coronavirus-hit economy.
- Australian Mining smashes weekly engagement record
Australian Mining is attracting more readers than ever before as the industry seeks the most relevant and up to date news and information about new opportunities during these challenging times.
- South32 suspends international operations, reduces exploration
South32 has withdrawn its 2020 financial year guidance for its South African operations after the government declared a 21-day nationwide lockdown from March 26 due to the coronavirus.
- Image Resources says operations unaffected by Coronavirus
Image Resources’ is continuing operations of its Boonanarring mineral sands project in Western Australia with minimal impact from the coronavirus pandemic, according to managing director Patrick Mutz.
- State resource sectors respond to coronavirus impact
State resource sectors across Australia have responded to the coronavirus’ impact on mining, putting contingency plans in place to stabilise the industry amid evolving travel bans in the country.