- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- coking coal
- gold mining
- Hastings Deering
- Hunter Valley
- industrial action
- joint venture
- mine closure
- mineral sands
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- OZ Minerals
- South Australia
- United States
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Altura hauls first lithium shipments to Port Hedland
Altura Mining has begun the process of shipping lithium spodumene concentrate from Altura’s lithium mine at the Pilgangoora project in Western Australia.
- Diggers & Dealers: BGC targets coal contracts off back of Boggabri win
BGC Contracting will strengthen its focus on winning new coal contracts on the east coast of Australia in the coming weeks.
- Diggers & Dealers: NRW Holdings thrives off Golding acquisition
NRW Holdings chief executive officer Jules Pemberton has credited last year’s takeover of Golding Contractors as the main reason for a company transformation.
- Iluka Resources awards services contract to Cater Care for two new sites
Iluka Resources has awarded national catering and facility management services contract to Australian-owned Cater Care.
- Australian Mines to commence drilling programs at Arunta West
Australian Mines have scheduled four diamond drill holes to test the Arunta West iron oxide copper gold (IOCG) ore deposits at its copper-gold operation in Western Australia.
- Battery metal deal value on the rise in 2018
A new quarterly report from EY has shown that the battery metal market is on the rise despite an overall slowing of global mining and metals deal value over the last year.
- Mitsui makes $86m deal with Carpentaria on Hawsons iron project
Japanese trading house Mitsui has made an $86 million deal with Carpentaria Resources over the Hawsons iron project southwest of Broken Hill, New South Wales.
- Diggers & Dealers: Fortescue ramps up relocatable conveyor operation
Fortescue Metals Group expects the relocatable conveyor system it has operating in the Pilbara will replace a dozen trucks once it is fully operational.
- Talisman inks 30% Springfield JV interest sale to Sandfire
Following delay, Talisman Mining has now signed a conditional share agreement with Sandfire Resources for the purchase of Talisman’s 30 per cent interest in the Springfield joint venture (JV) in Western Australia.
- Diggers & Dealers: Mining services partnerships guide Century mine’s rapid restart
New Century Resources managing director Patrick Walta jokes that he struggled to get a gig presenting at any of Australia’s mining events a year ago.
- Diggers & Dealers: BHP reveals 2040 vision for Nickel West
BHP’s Nickel West business unit is progressing a series of mine developments in Western Australia to strengthen supply for the battery materials sector.
- Australia’s mining and engineering sector on show at QME 2018
Queensland Mining and Engineering Exhibition (QME) 2018 saw more than 4,000 attendees visiting the event to explore the latest strategies and technologies driving productivity, profitability and protection of the industry.
- New Hope to acquire controlling interest in Bengalla coal JV for $860m
New Hope Corporation has made a binding commitment with Wesfarmers to double its interest in the Bengalla joint venture (JV) for $860 million.
- Argosy confirms ‘battery grade’ lithium at Rincon project
Argosy Minerals has confirmed production of 99.6 per cent purity lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE) from the Stage 1 plant at its Rincon lithium project in Argentina.
- Meet the ifm experts — Aditya Kunder
Aditya Kunder (who goes by his shorter nickname Adi) is a mobile industry sales engineer at ifm – his expertise is in coming up with cost-effective solutions for customers.
- Diggers & Dealers: Ausdrill seeks expansion under new leadership
The mining services company, the first to ever present at Diggers & Dealers, is targeting another phase of growth as it prepares to welcome a new leader.
- Diggers & Dealers: chairman Giorgetta rallies industry to avoid crisis
Diggers & Dealers Mining Forum chairman Nick Giorgetta believes mining’s skills shortage is just years away from being at crisis levels if more Australians aren’t attracted to the industry.
- WA listed companies reach highest value since 2011
Deloitte’s latest WA Index has shown that the value of Western Australia-based listed companies has jumped to over $193 billion, its highest level since May 2011.
- Australian Government highlights coal ties with Japan in Honshu visit
A bipartisan delegation of Federal Members of Parliament has visited Japan to discuss the importance of Australian coal to Japan’s energy supply and economy.
- CARMA solution produces improved availability results
REMA TIP TOP’s introduction of polyurethane disc return rollers at a coal handling preparation plant in NSW has seen a big reduction in downtime.