- Andrew Forrest
- Argyle mine
- carbon tax
- coal mine
- contract mining
- Eastern Goldfields
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Galilee Basin
- gold mine
- gold mining
- iron ore
- mineral sands
- mining services
- Newcrest Mining
- Northern Star Resources
- NRW Holdings
- Pike River
- Queensland Resources Council
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- ExxonMobil: Shovel lubrication solutions
This service is designed to optimise lubricant application and help enhance production through long equipment life and equipment reliability – which can help lower maintenance costs.
- Broken Hill, Cobalt Blue in dispute over Thackaringa JV
Broken Hill Prospecting has issued a dispute notice to joint venture (JV) partner Cobalt Blue Holdings over the Thackaringa cobalt project near Broken Hill, New South Wales.
- Meet the ifm experts — Darryl Blackeby
Meet product sales manager Darryl Blackeby — an expert in the vision and identification product range of ifm (such as sensor cameras).
- Ramelius raises takeover offer for Explaurum
Ramelius Resources has sweetened its takeover offer for Explaurum by an additional 5 cents cash for each of the target’s share.
- BHP secures five Liebherr ultra-class trucks for Peak Downs
National Group has rented five Liebherr T 282 C ultra-class trucks to BHP at the Peak Downs coal mine in the Bowen Basin, northern Queensland.
- Rio Tinto delivers record Argyle Pink Diamonds tender
The tender featured 63 rare pink, red and violet diamonds from Rio’s Kimberley, Western Australia-based Argyle mine, including six hero diamonds, featured at the tender, named Magnificent Argyle.
- Roy Hill bolsters iron ore trade ties with China
Roy Hill has signed two memoranda of understanding with Chinese companies during the China International Import Expo (CIIE) in Shanghai.
- Golding awarded contract for Fitzroy Australia coal project
NRW Holdings subsidiary Golding has inked a contract with Fitzroy Australia Resources for works at the Ironbark No.1 coal mine in Queensland.
- Senex development of Roma North to deliver QLD jobs
Senex has launched construction of a gas processing facility and pipeline as part of its wider Western Surat gas project in Queensland.
- OZ Minerals strengthens future of Prominent Hill
OZ Minerals has extended the mine life of the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine in South Australia to 2030.
- Changing the negative perception of cyanide in tailings
Cyanide is firmly established in the gold mining industry as the overwhelming choice of solvent for gold and silver recovery from ores. Several niche applications for alternative reagents have been proposed, but it’s unlikely the superiority of cyanide will be seriously challenged for some time.
- BMSA: Adding customer value
Few companies understand your business like you do. Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia is one that does.
- The benefits of layflat hoses in mine dewatering
Crusader Hose is the developer of the Flexibore 250 series flexible riser hose. National sales manager Daniel Seow discusses what it can bring to mine dewatering.
- Pilbara Minerals approves Pilgangoora stage two expansion
Pilbara Minerals is moving forward with the stage two expansion of the Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum operation in Western Australia after its board approved the project.
- Mining ramp-up ignites bonanza for used equipment
Queensland-based auctioneer Lloyds has noted a large uptake of used equipment sales in the civil and mining industries due to an increase in works.
- IGO to further Encounter’s Yeneena project
Independence Group (IGO) has partnered with Encounter in advancing the latter’s Yeneena copper-cobalt project in the Paterson province in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto finalises $797m land sale, $2.9bn buyback
Rio Tinto has completed a wharf and land sale to joint venture group LNG Canada for $576 million.
- GR Engineering wins $366m contract at Sheffield mineral sands project
Sheffield Resources subsidiary Thunderbird Operations has awarded a $366.3 million mineral sands contract to GR Engineering Services.
- WA iron ore industry suffers another train derailment
Mineral Resources (MinRes) has revealed about 30 iron ore wagons returning to its Koolyanobbing iron ore mine in the Yilgarn region of Western Australia have derailed.
- Radioline: The wireless system for extended systems
Radioline is the wireless system for extended systems. Special features include extremely easy assignment of inputs and outputs by simply turning the thumbwheel, without any programming.