- Cadia mine
- Century zinc mine
- Ernst and Young
- Evolution Mining
- finders resources
- Galilee Basin
- mine approval
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mine safety
- mining services
- Monadelphous Group
- Mt Isa
- Northern Star
- Northern Territory
- Oyu Tolgoi
- Rio Tinto
- supply chain
- takeover bid
- Wangan and Jagalingou
- Western Areas
- Western Australia
- Rio Tinto makes board changes
Moya Greene will join Rio Tinto as a non-executive director in the second half of 2018.
- South32 delivers 14% profit increase, doubles dividend
BHP demerger South32 has just posted its half-year (HY) financial results up to December 2017, posting a 14 per cent jump in profits to $US544 million ($685 million), up from the previous half’s $US479 million ($603 million) but down 12 per cent from the same time last year.
- Wollongong Council to convene on housing push for Wongawilli coal mine land
The Wollongong Council is to meet next week to discuss extensive housing and community developments on Wollongong Coal’s Wongawilli mine land as part of the ambitious West Dapto Vision plans laid out in its local environment plan (LEP).
- Novo and Artemis post high-grade results at Purdy’s Reward JV in Pilbara
Artemis Resources and Novo Resources have achieved positive results from their Purdy’s Reward joint venture in Karratha, Western Australia.
- Gascoyne’s Dalgaranga gold project ahead of schedule, three months to first gold
Gold developer Gascoyne Resources has released an update on its Dalgaranga gold project in the Murchison region of Western Australia, saying it is ahead of schedule by a month.
- NT iron ore mine set for a revival
The Roper Bar iron ore mine in the Northern Territory has been cleared to restart under new ownership almost three years after it was closed.
- New Acland coal expansion blocked, 700 jobs at risk
New Hope Group’s expansion plans for the New Acland coal mine in Queensland’s Darling Downs region have received another setback.
- Macmahon to acquire QLD coal services company
Contractor Macmahon this week secured a deal to acquire TMM Group, a Brisbane-based organisation that provides civil and maintenance services to the Queensland coal industry.
- Tawana moves Bald Hill lithium project into commissioning
Tawana Resources, with joint venture partner Alliance Mineral Assets (AMAL), has started commissioning of key infrastructure at the Bald Hill lithium-tantalum mine in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia.
- Westgold buys S2 Resources’ Polar Bear project in WA
Westgold Resources has secured a deal to acquire S2 Resources’ (S2) interests in the Polar Bear project, Eundynie joint venture and Norcott project in Western Australia in exchange for $9 million in shares of S2 subsidiary Polar Metals.
- Macmahon signs with LiveHire to meet recruitment demands
Mining services company Macmahon has launched LiveHire’s Live Talent Community technology across the company to support its growing recruitment needs for new contracts.
- AIS to rebrand as BME Australia
Brisbane’s Advanced Initiating Systems (AIS) is to rebrand as BME Australia as part of a rebrand led by South African explosives company BME, AIS’s majority shareholder. The name change is expected to occur in the second quarter of this year.
- Dacian delivers third Mt Morgans discovery seven weeks from first gold
Dacian Gold has confirmed the Cameron Well prospect as the “third significant gold discovery” at its Mt Morgans gold project near Laverton in Western Australia.
- Trump tax change delivers $US1.8bn hit to BHP
BHP will record a $US1.8 billion ($2.3 billion) tax expense in its upcoming half-year report due to changes to the US corporate income tax rate.
- Zenith to energise Newmont’s Tanami gold mine
Zenith Energy has executed a power purchase agreement (PPA) to build, own and operate a 62MW power station for Newmont Mining’s Tanami gold mine in the Northern Territory.
- Rio Tinto teams up with AusIMM on three-year partnership
Rio Tinto has formed a $1.2 million, three-year partnership with the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM).
- TerraCom extends Blair Athol mine life
TerraCom has secured an extension to the mine life at the Blair Athol thermal coal operation in Queensland.
- ‘Freak storm’ halts Westgold operation
Westgold Resources expects to lose about a week of production at its Central Murchison gold operation in Western Australia following a severe storm last weekend.
- Intermin consolidates gold project near Golden Mile
Gold miner Intermin Resources has consolidated tenements making up the Lakewood project near Kalgoorlie in Western Australia.
- Griffin Coal miners end six-month strike, take big pay cut
The Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union (AMWU) has ended a six-month dispute with the Fair Work Commission (FWC) over pay for miners at the Griffin Coal’s coal mine in Collie, Western Australia.