- Alkane Resources
- australian vanadium
- Bounty Mining
- Cook Colliery
- Core Lithium
- Elizabeth Gaines
- emr capital
- Fortescue Metals Group
- gr engineering
- Iluka Resources
- Kalamazoo Resources
- Maules Creek
- met coal
- mount thorley warkworth
- novo resources
- Oyu Tolgoi
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- Rio Tinto to explore Carawine projects in Paterson province
Rio Tinto Exploration has entered into a farm-in and joint venture (JV) agreement with gold and base metals explorer Carawine Resources.
- BHP, Vale cleared to resume Samarco operations
Samarco joint venture partners BHP and Vale have received a licence to continue iron ore operations in the state of Minas Gerais in Brazil.
- Queensland passes laws preventing dangerous protests
The Queensland Palaszczuk government has passed dangerous attachment device laws to deter people from using devices that increase the risk of injury to themselves, others and emergency service workers.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including the latest contract awarded by Adani for the Carmichael mine and rail project in Queensland.
- Evolution chairman upbeat on value of gold sector
Evolution Mining chairman Jake Klein is backing mining’s value, saying the sector has brought Australia to its past economic prosperity.
- New Century continues ramp up with new scavenger circuit
New Century Resources’ upgraded scavenger circuit upgrade has been delivered to the Century zinc operation in Queensland.
- Galaxy workforce safe despite Mt Cattlin slow down
Operations at Galaxy Resources’ Mt Cattlin lithium mine are set to be scaled back by up to 40 per cent due to the market conditions the industry is facing.
- Santa comes early for Silver Lake
Silver Lake Resources heard the bell ring when its board approved the company’s development of the Santa underground gold project in Western Australia.
- Battery minerals popular target for M&A deals
The energy and resources sector accounted for 30 per cent of public merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in the 2019 financial year.
- Syama remains Resolute as processing setback nears fix
Resolute Mining is continuing to ramp up operations at the Syama underground mine in Mali, West Africa despite the disruptive breakdown of a key component.
- RPMGlobal to optimise mine design with underground metals software
RPMGlobal has unveiled its underground metals solution optimiser edition for mine planning users on schedule – its delivery was planned before the year’s end.
- Heron overcomes delays to mark first shipment
Heron Resources has completed its first export shipments from its Woodlawn zinc-copper mine in New South Wales.
- Fortescue feeds off demand to keep production on target
Fortescue Metals Group has started the 2020 financial year with 42.2 million tonnes of total shipments, a 5 per cent improvement on the previous corresponding period.
- Bounty resumes Cook Colliery operations following roof fall
Bounty Mining’s Cook Colliery coking coal mine in Queensland has picked up mining activities following a roof fall last week.
- Fortescue extends RCR Mining contract at Cloudbreak
RCR Mining Technologies has won a contract for a significant design and construct equipment package at Fortescue Metals Group’s Cloudbreak iron ore project in Western Australia.
- Newcrest sets sights on 2020 guidance despite production drop
Newcrest Mining is confident in hitting its production guidance for the 2020 financial year, despite a drop in its September quarterly output.
- Gold to remain robust despite climate change concerns
Climate-related risks and opportunities could impact the future prospects of the gold industry, according to the World Gold Council’s latest analysis.
- Epiroc releases SmartROC D65 drill in Australia
Epiroc has launched its new generation SmartROC D65 Down Under surface drill, which is automated, future-proof and loaded with smart features.
- LEGO unveils replica Liebherr R 9800 excavator
Liebherr has released a replica model of the 800-tonne Liebherr R 9800 excavator, the biggest LEGO Technic set ever.
- IMARC offers start and scale-ups new networking platform
Start-up and scale-up businesses will have the opportunity to showcase their innovations at next week’s International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) in Melbourne.