- Anglo American
- Curragh mine
- Curtin University
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Evolution Mining
- fenner dunlop
- Gascoyne Resources
- gold price
- Ian Macfarlane
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Northern Star Resources
- Queensland Government
- Stanmore Coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- Vulcan Energy strengthens European lithium project through sustainability initiatives
Vulcan Energy Resources has doubled its share price since its low point in March, when COVID-19 struck global markets.
- Alliance pursue next major nickel discovery
Australian Vanadium, Lithium Australia and private company Mercator Metals have banded together to explore nickel sulphides in the Coates Mafic Intrusion, part of Australian Vanadium’s Coates project near Perth in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto to review plans for Aboriginal site
Rio Tinto intends to urgently review mining plans at the Juukan Gorge area in Western Australia after the company detonated explosives at a sacred Indigenous site.
- Fortescue loses bid to appeal court decision over Pilbara land
The High Court on Friday dismissed Fortescue Metals Group’s application to appeal a native title decision covering its Solomon iron ore mine in Western Australia.
- High Aussie gold prices contribute to lower production: Surbiton
Australian gold production fell by 10 tonnes, or 12 per cent from the previous quarter during the March period, according to gold consultants Surbiton Associates.
- Monadelphous revels in $150m of contract wins
Monadelphous Group has secured construction and maintenance contracts, including with four Australian mining giants, worth a combined value of around $150 million.
- Middle Island to launch Sandstone second phase drilling this week
Middle Island Resources has encountered a fifth new gold deposit that concluded its first drilling campaign at the Sandstone project in Western Australia this year.
- BMA, Adani to hire local QLD residents
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and Adani Mining are recruiting their future workers, with applications for each company’s apprenticeship and graduate programs now open.
- Fortescue commits $20m in aid to Solomon contractors
Fortescue Metals Group has approved $20 million in financial support for nine Aboriginal contractors.
- BHP announced as key sponsor for Austmine 2021 innovation event
BHP is backing Austmine’s next mining innovation conference, which will be held in Perth on May 25-27 next year.
- Endeavour Awards finalists 2020
The finalists of the 17th Endeavour Awards have been announced despite the challenges that the manufacturing sector faces.
- Components Only new commercial manager sets sights on growth
Brisbane-based Components Only, the high-profile supplier of heavy equipment components, has welcomed Jeffery Chua to its expanding operations.
- Rio Tinto reveals breakthrough scandium extraction from waste
Rio Tinto has uncovered a new method to recover high-purity scandium oxide using waste from the production of titanium dioxide at its production facilities in Canada.
- Antipa pushes Citadel ahead through Rio Tinto agreement
Joint venture partners Rio Tinto and Antipa Minerals have further progressed the exploration program at the Citadel project in the Paterson province of Western Australia.
- AusIMM, Cahoot upskill sector with Mining 4.0 Academy
The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) has teamed up with Cahoot Learning to launch the Mining 4.0 Academy, which comprises practical courses to uplift skills and capabilities.
- QLD needs resources sector ‘more than ever’ as COVID-19 strikes
The Queensland Government has called on the Queensland Resources Council (QRC) to maximise the resource sector’s role in post-coronavirus recovery.
- Pit N Portal wins Kambalda contract with Mincor
Mincor Resources has awarded an underground mining contract to Pit N Portal for the Kambalda nickel operations in Western Australia.
- Ancient gold deposits could lead to new discoveries: CSIRO
CSIRO has discovered that distinctive rock patterns in the Yilgarn province in Western Australia could indicate the presence of gold deposits.
- Fortescue reinstates normal FIFO operations on the back of mandatory testing
Fortescue Metals Group is set to return to normal operational rosters of two weeks on, one week off, starting from June 22.
- More certainty in new project agreements: ScoMo
The federal government has created industrial relations working groups that will initiate discussions regarding casual and fixed term employees, while also adding greenfields agreements to the agenda.