- Anglo American
- Curragh mine
- Curtin University
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Evolution Mining
- fenner dunlop
- Gascoyne Resources
- gold price
- Ian Macfarlane
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Northern Star Resources
- Queensland Government
- Stanmore Coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- PROK to supply pulleys at Fortescue’s Iron Bridge project
Fortescue Metals Group has awarded PROK a major contract to design and construct conveyor pulleys at the Iron Bridge magnetite project near Port Hedland, Western Australia.
- iTWOsafe available for purchase online
There is no doubt the mining industry will have to adopt different practices to not only manage the current requirements of social distancing, but to also manage any future breakouts or spikes in COVID-19.
- Hastings Deering reconciliation action plan focusses on partnerships
Cat dealer Hastings Deering has completed its first reconciliation action plan, outlining the company’s strategy to contribute to the nationwide goal of reconciliation.
- Aeris emerges as buyer of Evolution’s Cracow gold mine
Evolution Mining has agreed to sell the Cracow gold mine in Queensland to junior producer Aeris Resources in a deal worth up to $125 million.
- Legend Mining amplifies Mawson prospect with $20m raising
IGO has pledged to back Legend Mining’s proposal to raise $20 million in funding to progress the Rockford project in Western Australia.
- Clive Palmer secures win in QLD court
The Supreme Court of Queensland has dismissed a $124 million claim by liquidator John Park against the Clive Palmer-led Mineralogy Queensland Nickel.
- Musgrave uncovers high-grade potential at WA gold project
Musgrave Minerals has noted impressive results for its drilling campaign at the Cue project in the Murchison district of Western Australia.
- Fortescue awards $11m in contracts to Aboriginal-owned business
Fortescue Metals Group has contracted Mallard Deemy to construct and install laboratory, storage and administrative facilities for the Eliwana mine and rail project in Western Australia.
- New appointee bolsters MEC Mining’s underground metals capability
In keeping with MEC Mining’s positive and proactive approach to serving its clients’ needs, the company has Alessandro Dotta as its principal underground mining engineer.
- False COVID-19 test result declared for late QLD miner
The passing of a 30-year-old Blackwater miner has been incorrectly linked to COVID-19, with a post-mortem test confirming a false positive result for the virus.
- Hastings to supply Schaeffler with rare earths for 10 years
Hastings Technology Metals has inked a master agreement with German automotive supplier Schaeffler Technologies AG for the supply of its mixed rare earth carbonate (MREC).
- Perseus to expand gold empire with $60m takeover
Perseus Mining intends to acquire Exore Resources in a deal that values the target at just under $60 million.
- QLD declares regulated monopolies over coal infrastructure
Queensland has provided the coal industry with regulatory certainty over rail and port infrastructure that is critical to the sector.
- Rare coloured diamonds to be unearthed in Canada
EHR Resources has partnered with North Arrow Minerals to explore the Naujaat diamond project in Canada under a new agreement.
- Inmarsat launches Tailings Insight to support safer management
Inmarsat has launched a new Internet of Things (IoT) solution for monitoring mining tailings storage facilities.
- Newcrest raises $200m on top of billion-dollar placement
Newcrest Mining has raised an additional $200 million, after attracting $1 billion in funding during April, to support its gold expansion in Ecuador.
- Evolution considers sale of Cracow gold mine
Evolution Mining has confirmed media speculation that it is evaluating the divestment of the Cracow gold mine in Queensland.
- Newmont on track to reach 2020 emissions targets
Newmont has significantly reduced greenhouse gas emissions across its operations, with the company’s 2019 sustainability report showing that it has almost fulfilled this year’s targets.
- Iron ore prices break $US100/t
Iron ore prices have moved beyond $US100 ($147) per tonne this week following supply concerns and uncertainty in the iron ore market due to worsening COVID-19 situation in Brazil.
- Hastings Deering to offer 40 apprenticeship positions
Hastings Deering is set to open applications for its 2021 apprenticeship program to fill 40 new positions across Queensland and the Northern Territory.