- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- coking coal
- gold mining
- Hastings Deering
- Hunter Valley
- industrial action
- joint venture
- mine closure
- mineral sands
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- OZ Minerals
- South Australia
- United States
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Whitehaven to use Hitachi automation system at NSW coal operation
Whitehaven Coal is collaborating with Hitachi to design and introduce an Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) to support its mines in north-west New South Wales.
- Sandfire Resources, Talisman Mining delay $72m Springfield acquisition
Joint venture partners Sandfire Resources and Talisman Mining are extending the execution of their deal for the Springfield copper-gold project by another week.
- Mincor to treat 40,000t maiden ore at Widgiemooltha
Mincor Resources has treated its first ore parcel from the Widgiemooltha gold project, which is one the verge of starting.
- Independence output at Nova hit by SAG mill issue
Independence Group (IGO) has narrowly missed guidance in the first year of production at the Nova mine in Western Australia due to a SAG mill issue last month.
- Yancoal stands down 205 employees at Austar coal mine
Yancoal hopes to redeploy the majority its 205-strong workforce at the Austar coal mine after today starting a process to halt operations at the New South Wales site.
- Millennium ramps up gold operations at Nullagine
Perth-based Millennium Minerals is ramping up operations at its Nullagine gold project in the Pilbara, Western Australia and is on track to hit its annual target of 100,000 ounces (oz) of gold through the use of a new mining strategy.
- BP front-runner to buy BHP oil and gas operations after $US10bn bid
BP has emerged as the front-runner to buy BHP’s US shale assets after submitting a bid of over $US10 billion ($13.5 billion).
- BHP awards South Flank work to SIMPEC
SIMPEC has been awarded a second order with BHP at the South Flank iron ore project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Top companies from Australia and beyond to showcase their expertise at QME 2018
Queensland Mining and Engineering Exhibition (QME) 2018 has today announced over 230 exhibitors will be attending this year’s event, this is an increase of 41 per cent on QME 2016 and includes global industry heavyweights Downer Group, thyssenkrupp and Flender.
- LOCTITE Hybrid adhesives aim for best of both worlds
Henkel Australia and New Zealand has announced its recent advancement in hybrid adhesive technologies, LOCTITE Universal Structural Bonders, which have been developed to combine the high speed of an instant adhesive with the bonding strength of a structural adhesive.
- Dacian hits production target at Mt Morgans gold mine
WA-based gold producer Dacian Gold has achieved its June 2018 quarter production target, when it confirmed its 34,155 ounces (oz) production at the Mt Morgans operation in Western Australia.
- Engineering group DRA to expand Australian footprint with G&S acquisition
Global engineering firm DRA Group will significantly expand its Australian presence with the acquisition of Queensland-based G&S Engineering from Calibre Group.
- WA to receive short-term funding to cushion inequitable GST distribution
Western Australia has been pushing for a Productivity Commission inquiry into the GST distribution system, which positions WA as the only state to receive less than 70 cents — and eventually 30 cents — per person per dollar of GST in distributions.
- PYBAR awarded contract for Red River’s Thalanga mine in QLD
PYBAR Mining Services has been awarded an underground mining contract to operate Red River’s Far West deposit, part of its Thalanga zinc operation in northern Queensland.
- Enware emergency shower wins gold at Good Design Awards
In recognition of its excellence in design and innovation, Enware’s ET1400 Emergency Tank Shower has been awarded a prestigious gold award at this year’s Good Design Awards in the category of ‘Product, Commercial and Industrial’.
- Glencore granted QLD certification following Rolleston rehabilitation
Glencore has received an official certification from the Queensland Government after rehabilitating 220 hectares (2.2 million square metres) of mined land from its Rolleston open cut coal mine 140km southeast of Emerald, Queensland.
- ESS 3000 Sealing System Serviceability
Conveyors Belts are one of the most efficient methods of transporting bulk materials with a plant. However, all conveyors experience some level of fugitive material. Fugitive material in a conveyor system results in accelerated wear of components, belt misalignment and belt damage. Fugitive material also increases risks to personnel including increased health, manual handling and … Continue reading ESS 3000 Sealing System Serviceability
- Anglo American, Origin to mentor tech startups at Brisbane’s fifth hackathon
Anglo American and Origin will be taking part in the annual hackathon Unearthed, designed to connect industries and budding innovators to partner and deliver unique technology solutions to tough challenges in the mining and resources industries.
- Epiroc releases high-capacity Minetruck MT2200
Epiroc is rolling out the Minetruck MT2200, which has been developed to boost underground haulage capacity and efficiency of global mining operations.
- AngloGold Ashanti selects MineSuite for Sunrise Dam
AngloGold Ashanti will use MinLog’s MineSuite system to provide an underground mine management system at the Sunrise Dam operation in Western Australia.