- Galilee Basin
- Gold Fields
- mergers and acquisitions
- Minerals Council of Australia
- Newcrest Mining
- New South Wales
- Olympic Dam mine
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Construction starts on WA’s largest lithium plant
Albemarle Corp has entered the new year by commencing the construction of its Kemerton lithium hydroxide conversion site in Western Australia.
- Mining groups slam plan for Galilee Basin coal ban
The QRC and CFMEU have joined forces to criticise an Australian Greens Party proposal to ban thermal coal mining in the Galilee Basin, Queensland.
- Sandvik releases non-cabin Ranger surface drill rigs
Sandvik has expanded its Ranger DX series of surface top hammer drill rigs with a pair of non-cabin versions.
- RCR finds buyer for energy division
The Environmental Group Limited (EGL) is to purchase RCR Tomlinson subsidiary RCR Energy Service.
- Resolute Mining hits ‘turning point’ as production spikes
Resolute Mining’s growth ambitions at its gold operations in West Africa and Australia remain on target.
- BMA operations at Saraji resume following tragic incident
BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance’s (BMA) Saraji coal mine in Queensland has returned to normal operations following a fatal accident last week.
- Rio Tinto finalises Pilbara autonomous train deployment
Rio Tinto has completed the roll out of the AutoHaul autonomous freight train system across its iron ore operations in Western Australia.
- Mach Energy launches coal production at Mount Pleasant
Mach Energy has entered 2019 as Australia’s newest coal producer after reaching production at the Mount Pleasant project in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales in late December.
- Pilbara Minerals to expand Pilgangoora with Asian investment
Pilbara Minerals is moving forward with its planned expansion of the Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project in Western Australia thanks to recent funding developments with Chinese and South Korean companies.
- NRW lines up Eliwana contract with Fortescue
NRW has been selected by Fortescue Metals Group as its preferred contractor at the Eliwana rail project in the Pilbara in Western Australia.
- CIMIC companies win $364m of QLD contracts
CIMIC has moved into 2019 with a strengthened order book of work in the coal mining industry.
- Tropicana gold mine shows underground potential
Joint venture partners AngloGold Ashanti and Independence Group have confirmed that underground mining is technically and financially viable at the Tropicana gold mine in Western Australia.
- WorleyParsons ramps up Aurora Labs 3D printing tech
Perth-based Aurora Labs is finalising the details of a new joint venture business with WorleyParsons that will accelerate the company’s 3D printing ambitions in the mining space.
- OZ Minerals, Minotaur to escalate drilling at Eloise
Joint venture partners OZ Minerals and Minotaur Exploration have concluded their 2018 field season at the Eloise project in north-west Queensland ahead of a ramp up of drilling at the Jericho prospect next year.
- Rio Tinto trials autonomous Scania truck
Scania is testing an autonomous transport system at Rio Tinto’s Dampier Salt operation in Western Australia.
- Heron starts commissioning of Woodlawn project
Heron Resources has commissioned the Woodlawn zinc-copper project in New South Wales, on track to achieve first production in early 2019.
- Sandvik advances battery electric solutions for future mines
Sandvik is working with several major mining houses to further the development of battery electric solutions for hard rock mining operations.
- Sydney equity firm takes major share in MICROMINE
Mining technology company MICROMINE is to receive a major boost through equity firm Potentia Capital, which is investing an undisclosed majority stake in the business.
- Rio Tinto in talks to extend Pilbara iron ore JV
Rio Tinto is discussing an extension of the Bao-HI iron ore joint venture in Western Australia’s Pilbara region with partner China Baowu Group.
- Australian Vanadium highlights Gabanintha potential in study
Australian Vanadium has moved closer to capitalising on the emerging vanadium market after releasing its pre-feasibility study (PFS) and maiden ore reserve for the Gabanintha project in Western Australia.