- Artemis Resources
- Bowen Basin
- Cadia mine
- Dacian Gold
- Galilee Basin
- Gascoyne Resources
- iron ore
- Macmahon Holdings
- Mt Isa
- New Hope Group
- Newmont Mining
- Northern Territory
- novo resources
- Queensland Resources Council
- Rio Tinto
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- Wollongong Coal
- AuStar Gold finds returns positive results from Rose of Denmark mine
Junior explorer AuStar Gold has returned positive assay results from its Rose of Denmark gold mine, just north of Gaffney’s Creek in Victoria.
- Arafura’s rare earth Nolans project in NT receives environmental approval
Arafura Resources last week received environmental approvals from the Northern Territory EPA’s (Environment Protection Authority) environmental impact assessment report for its Nolans rare earths project.
- Aussie exports to reach record high, says government report
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science has released its quarterly Resources and Energy report, detailing a rise in the value of Australian projects thanks to iron ore and LNG exports, as well as the tech metal boom.
- Port Kembla Coal Terminal shuts out 60 workers
Port Kembla Coal Terminal (PKCT) in New South Wales has locked out 60 workers due to an ongoing industrial dispute.
- Mustang Resources to receive nearly $20 million in funding for ruby project
ASX-listed Mustang Resources, a rising gem explorer operating out of Mozambique, has secured $19.95 million in convertible note funding from US investment company, Arena Investors.
- Cobalt surges to best performing metal of 2017
Cobalt prices rocketed by 130 per cent over the course of 2017, ending the year at a price of $96,000 per tonne, an increase of $63,575 from February 2016 levels.
- Altura to commission Pilbara lithium operation this quarter
The company reported that construction and development of the project remained on track for commissioning in first quarter 2018, with product sales expected to be launched in second quarter.
- Educating operators about Breathe-safe’s air quality management
Breathe-safe is determined to help mine workers avoid the health issues related to respirable dust through much-needed education.
- Artemis looks to Canada for dual listing
ASX-listed explorer Artemis Resources is seeking a dual listing in Canada.
- Metallica secures Urquhart mining lease
Metallica Minerals has been granted a mining lease for its Urquhart bauxite project in Far North Queensland.
- Fortescue welcomes fifth ore carrier to Port Hedland
Fortescue Metals Group’s latest ore carrier has arrived in Port Hedland, Western Australia.
- Glencore offloads Tahmoor coal mine to GFG Alliance
Britain’s GFG Alliance continues to build its Australian asset portfolio, with its SIMEC Mining division agreeing to acquire Glencore’s Tahmoor metallurgical coal mine in New South Wales.
- CORE Skills unveils Data Science industry skills collaboration
CORE Skills has announced that Rio Tinto and ATCO will be foundation collaborators supporting its 2018 Geoscientist to Data Scientist industry skills pilot program.
- Base Resources to acquire 85% of Toliara project for $100m
Base Resources has announced capital raising of $100 million to acquire an 85 per cent interest in the Madagascan Toliara Sands project from World Titane.
- Atlas and Pilbara Minerals make lithium agreement
Atlas Iron has made a lithium deal with Pilbara Minerals as part of the iron major’s diversification strategy.
- Orica to acquire GroundProbe for $205m
Explosives and blasting specialist Orica has secured a deal to acquire GroundProbe from Crescent Capital Partners for $205 million.
- Metso and WEARX join forces to unlock potential
Metso and WEARX are working together to add more value for mineral processing customers.
- BHP could quit World Coal Association, Minerals Council
BHP has released an industry association review that brings into question its membership of the World Coal Association (WCA) by March 2018 and has threatened to leave the Minerals Council of Australia (MCA), a group whose relations with the oil giant have been fraught in recent months.
- Downer wins $400m mining services contract at Gruyere gold project
Downer has been awarded a $400 million contract to provide mining services at the Gruyere gold joint venture between Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources in Western Australia.
- Battery secures US offtake partner for graphite production
Battery Minerals has signed an offtake agreement that covers 20 per cent of the first phase of production from its Montepuez graphite project in Mozambique.