- Curtin University
- Donald Trump
- Ian Macfarlane
- iron ore
- Lithium Australia
- mining technology
- New Century Resources
- Northern Star Resources
- Port Hedland
- Queensland Resources Council
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Top News
- Weir Minerals
- Western Areas
- women in mining
- Eliwana, Iron Bridge to maintain Fortescue’s low-cost status
Fortescue Metals Group is aiming to set itself apart from other major Australian iron ore producers with its integrated product strategy, targeting higher grade material.
- MCA to create 5000 mining apprenticeships
The Minerals Council of Australia (MCA) has launched three mining skills project hubs, including an apprenticeships hub that aims to put 5000 people into work.
- Kirkland Lake maps out Fosterville technology innovations
Kirkland Lake Gold has outlined zero harm and a lower environmental footprint in its requirements for technology innovation at the Fosterville gold mine in Victoria.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive movements
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at New Century Resources, Northern Minerals, Auris Minerals and more.
- Lynas nears construction of Kalgoorlie processing facility
Lynas Corporation is on track to commence the construction of its Kalgoorlie rare earth processing facility in Western Australia in mid-2021.
- Evolution set on Tier 1 preferences
Evolution Mining chairman Jake Klein is optimistic that gold will remain robust in the long term despite dipping prices from the positive development of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Third Cardinal bidder emerges
Ghana-based Engineers & Planners Company has joined the takeover tussle between Nordgold and Shandong Gold for Cardinal Resources.
- Rio Tinto, BHP award $60m in contracts to Monadelphous
Monadelphous has secured around $60 million worth of construction and maintenance contracts with Rio Tinto and BHP across their Australian iron ore, bauxite and nickel projects.
- Mining industry leaders rally behind green vehicle initiative
Industry leaders including BHP and Gold Fields reinstated their pledge towards the International Council on Mining & Metals’ (ICMM) innovation for the cleaner, safer vehicles (ICSV) initiative at IMARC 2020.
- Epiroc, Orica co-create semi-autonomous explosives system
Epiroc and Orica have come together to develop the world’s first semi-automated explosives delivery system, Avatel.
- Community connection critical for Anglo American
Anglo American chief executive Mark Cutifani stated that the way forward to a sustainable mining future is connections with community and streamlining operations.
- South32 to offload WA gold royalties
South32 has agreed to sell three mineral royalties in Western Australia to Canada’s Elemental Royalties for $US55 million.
- Agrimin engages Royal IHC for automated potash equipment design
Agrimin has selected Royal IHC to complete front end engineering and design (FEED) contract works for automated wet harvesting equipment at the Mackay potash project in Western Australia.
- Sandvik to construct Perth equipment workshop
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology has signed a lease to build a workshop in Perth to better serve Western Australian mining and construction customers.
- Red River extends Thalanga offtake agreements
Red River Resources has renewed its zinc and lead offtake agreements for its Thalanga base metal operation in Queensland with Trafigura.
- Australian mid-tier miners reach best performance yet
Australia’s mid-tier mining companies have outperformed the remainder of the mining sector in 2020, according to statistics from Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC).
- Nickel Mines to boost pig iron output with $670m acquisition
Nickel Mines is set to expand its foothold in Indonesia by acquiring an interest in the Angel Nickel development project for a total consideration of $US490 million ($671.6 million).
- Australia’s golden future guides exploration growth
Australian resources sector projects have entered a new growth cycle in 2019-20, with early stage projects increasing by more than 30 per cent compared with the 2018-19 period.
- NRW lobs $100m takeover bid at Primero
NRW Holdings has offered to takeover engineering group Primero Group for $100 million, an offer that the boards from both companies have unanimously agreed to.
- Rio Tinto extends Chinese partnership to achieve zero emissions
Rio Tinto has extended its partnership with China’s Tsinghua University, committing 30 million yuan ($4.5 million) over five years to support projects at the Tsinghua-Rio Tinto Joint Research Centre for Resources, Energy and Sustainable Development.