- Andrew Mackenzie
- Atlas Copco
- Coober Pedy
- Dalgaranga gold project
- Ernst and Young
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gascoyne Resources
- iron ore
- mining royalty
- Newcrest Mining
- NRW Holdings
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Telfer gold mine
- Tom Albanese
- Western Australia
- Nepean handles growth on the world stage
Nepean Conveyors has emerged as a truly global OEM for the mining industry after acquiring two businesses from Sandvik.
- Gold market remains buoyant after July rally
Nicholas Frappell reviews the market performance of gold and silver in July in ABC Bullion’s precious metals review for the month.
- Regulation and policy excellence a key focus at IMARC
Promoting best practice regulation and policy excellence will be a key focus at the 4th annual International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC).
- Roy Hill delivers diversity with LiveHire proactive recruitment model
Technology has been developed to turn recruitment in mining into a proactive process that is more efficient for companies.
- KGL seeks funds to advance Jervois copper project
KGL Resources plans to raise up to $12.4 million to accelerate its exploration program at the Jervois copper project in the Northern Territory.
- Striker selects Onetrak as Australian dealer
Striker mobile crushers and screens has appointed Tasmanian-based Onetrak as its dealer for Australia.
- Newcrest restarts another part of Cadia East following earthquake
Newcrest Mining expects the Cadia East gold mine in New South Wales to be producing at normal rates by March next year as it continues to recover from the April earthquake that damaged the underground operation.
- Posiedon Nickel enters MOU with Lithium Australia
Poseidon Nickel has entered a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Lithium Australia (LIT) to evaluate joint exploration and lithium processing at Lake Johnston in Western Australia.
- Integration: the key to a digital mining future
Improving how technology solutions are integrated will be critical for mining to effectively transform into a digital industry, according to RPMGlobal chief executive officer Richard Mathews.
- Prototype rig promises big changes for greenfields drilling
A prototype, coiled tubing (CT) drilling rig being developed by a research centre in Victoria has entered its second major field trial, promising cheaper, faster greenfields mineral exploration.
- NT Government goes public with environmental security bonds
The Northern Territory’s Gunner Ministry is to release details of its environmental security bonds to the public in a bid for increased accountability within the NT mining industry.
- Copper and zinc bounce back in 2017 following Chinese investment
Copper prices have rebounded following an advantageous sell-off last Friday that saw copper fall 3 per cent and zinc 3.1 per cent respectively on the London Metal Exchange.
- Kidman and SQM agree to $US110 million lithium JV
Kidman Resources has finalised a $US110 million, 50-50 joint venture agreement with Chile’s SQM (Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile) at the Mt Holland lithium operations in Western Australia.
- Origin Energy acquires $190m stake in Otway gas project
Origin Energy’s oil and gas division Lattice Energy has secured a $190 million deal with exploration company Benaris International to acquire a 27.7 per cent interest in the Otway gas project, increasing the company’s stake to 95 per cent.
- Pilbara Minerals begins work on Pilgangoora expansion
Pilbara Minerals has begun initial work at its 5 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) expansion at the Pilgangoora lithium project in Western Australia.
- Minerals institute to receive $2 million boost from WA Government
The Western Australian Government is offering support for the Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia (MRIWA) in the form of a $3 million funding injection launched by Treasurer Ben Wyatt.
- Sheffield Resources signs zircon supply deal
Sheffield Resources has secured an agreement with Indian ceramics company Ruby Ceramics for the sale of premium zircon from its Thunderbird mineral sands project in Western Australia.
- Evolution Mining mulls sale of Edna May gold mine
Evolution Mining is considering the sale of its Edna May gold mine in Western Australia, after receiving several acquisition offers.
- MACA secures $60m to expand mining fleet
Contractor MACA is set to grow its mining services business after raising $60 million through a share placement.
- Drills delivering impressive results in Australia’s mining regions
Caterpillar’s rotary blasthole drills have begun to make a significant impact in some of the country’s most prominent mining regions, like the Hunter Valley in New South Wales and the Bowen Basin in Queensland.