- Anglo American
- Atlas Iron
- iron ore
- materials handling
- mental health
- metallurgical coal
- Mineral Resources
- Minerals Council of Australia
- Northern Star
- NRW Holdings
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Queensland Government
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- St Barbara
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Bonanza week for Catalyst at Henty gold mine
Catalyst Metals has hit 600 grams of gold per tonne at the Henty project in Tasmania, in the same week the state government awarded an exploration grant to the junior explorer.
- Mineral exploration takes flight in QLD
The Queensland Government has commissioned an airborne geophysical survey of the state’s north-west to uncover its next wave of mineral projects.
- BHP strives for industry standard tailings storage
BHP has outlined how its tailings storage management plan will achieve zero harm to people or environment with a top-down approach.
- Booms – making the right choice
A correctly sized hydraulic rockbreaker and suitably positioned boom system is a well-recognised, safe and reliable solution which can maximise the productivity of any crushing circuit.
- Commodity prices create risk and opportunity: KPMG
Commodity prices have emerged as the top risk facing the Australian resources industry, according to KPMG’s Australian Mining Risk Forecast 2021-22 report.
- St George confirms large mineral system at Mt Alexander
St George Mining has established a high-grade nickel-copper sulphide discovery at the Mt Alexander project in Western Australia after receiving assay results.
- Rio Tinto deploys world-first autonomous water trucks
Rio Tinto has pioneered Caterpillar’s autonomous water trucks at the Gudai-Darri iron ore mine in Western Australia.
- Red 5 locks in Macmahon contract at King of the Hills
Red 5 has provided Macmahon Contractors a 5-year open pit and underground mining services contract at the King of the Hills gold project in Western Australia.
- IGO weeks away from Tianqi lithium lift-off
IGO and Tianqi Lithium have advanced the completion of a joint venture which will break new ground in Australian lithium.
- Sandvik relocates to new Perth warehouse
Sandvik has signed a long-term lease to build a state-of-the-art warehouse in Perth to consolidate its operations within the city.
- Fortescue showcases Cat’s capabilities
Fortescue has used Perth’s Resource’s Technology Showcase to demonstrate its autonomous Caterpillar MineStar Command fleet at the Christmas Creek operation.
- Increased ROI for an Australian plant with Honeywell Forge
Potential LNG production improvement was observed for an Australian plant with Honeywell Forge Workforce Competency operator training simulator (OTS) suite testing control and safety system design changes, which led to increased return of investment (ROI) benefits and enhanced process and safety control.
- Rio Tinto to feature autonomous training solutions at Gudai-Darri
In a move that furthers its autonomous haulage footprint, Rio Tinto will operate trucks equipped with Cat MineStar Command for Hauling systems at the Gudai-Darri iron ore mine in Western Australia.
- WA skills shortage predicted to peak in 2023
The Western Australian labour market may need an extra 40,000 resources workers over the next two years due to an unprecedented skills shortage, according to a Pit Crew Consulting Services report.
- GBM handballs Mt Morgan for Canadian capital
GBM Resources has initiated the sale of the Mt Morgan gold-copper project in Queensland to Canadian-based Smartset Services to focus more attention on its Drummond Basin gold assets.
- QLD to grow resources exports to Korea, South Asia
The Queensland Government has focussed on expanding the reach of its mineral resources into the Korea and South Asia export markets with the appointment of new trade commissioners.
- OZ Minerals accelerates extraction evolution
OZ Minerals has facilitated its Ingenious Extraction Challenge, allowing 60 submissions to discover new ways to extract metals.
- Swick recommits to Orexplore demerger
Swick Mining Services has revisited its Orexplore Technologies demerger with a commitment to create the new entity by the end of the year.
- NRW preferred for Karara mining services
NRW has received a letter of intent from Karara Mining for a mining services contract worth around $700 million at the Karara iron ore mine in Western Australia.
- Gold, iron ore prices take a tumble
Gold prices suffered a dramatic loss on Thursday, falling to $US1775 ($2348) per ounce, as the United States federal reserve indicated a number of interest rate hikes by 2023.