- Andrew Forrest
- Argyle mine
- carbon tax
- coal mine
- contract mining
- Eastern Goldfields
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Galilee Basin
- gold mine
- gold mining
- iron ore
- mineral sands
- mining services
- Newcrest Mining
- Northern Star Resources
- NRW Holdings
- Pike River
- Queensland Resources Council
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Gruyere remains on track for first gold as Downer mobilises at site
Gold Road Resources and Gold Fields’ Gruyere gold project is still on schedule to achieve first gold in the June 2019 quarter, according to a joint statement released today.
- BGC appoints CFO and board members
BGC has appointed Alan Tate as chief financial officer, following the retirement of Andrew Teo as the group CFO after 35 years of service.
- Volvo brings rigid haulers to Australian market
Volvo Construction Equipment has introduced four new hauler models to the Asia-Pacific region.
- Bis bolsters underground business with UGM acquisition
Bis is consolidating its presence in the underground coal sector with the acquisition of mining services group, UGM.
- LOCTITE’s new repair resin cuts curing times
Designed to address the issue of damage and wear to conveyor belts, LOCTITE has developed the PC 7350 rubber repair PU resin, which enables in situ repairs to be done extremely quickly and have the belt back in service in less than two hours
- Spike in silicosis sparks safety investigation
Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt is requesting state workforce bodies launch an immediate investigation into unsafe work practices amidst a new wave of silicosis cases.
- Glencore Technology launches 25% capital-back guarantee
Glencore Technology has introduced a new performance guarantee to underwrite 25 per cent of the capital value of technology installed by clients.
- Rio Tinto to build a nest of information on rare bird
Rio Tinto is progressing further into a research program on Australia’s rarest bird of prey with a signed agreement with the Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC).
- BHP increases use of drones for inspections
BHP is trialing drones to inspect its ocean freight operations, building on the successful integration of the technology at mine sites.
- NRW’s Action Drill & Blast wins Talison Lithium, BHP contracts
NRW Holdings subsidiary Action Drill & Blast has been awarded two Western Australian contracts worth a combined $24.5 million by leading miners, Talison Lithium and BHP.
- QLD METS companies secure products and services boost
The Queensland Government, together with METS Ignited, is funding a series of programs to help regional METS businesses showcase their products or services.
- RNC continues large gold finds at Beta Hunt
Canadian company RNC Minerals has successfully recovered another impressive gold slab at the Beta Hunt mine in Western Australia, adding to its record-breaking discovery last month.
- Evolution gives Mt Carlton underground development green light
Gold miner Evolution Mining will advance three projects at the Mt Carlton operation in Queensland after approving a $60 million investment.
- OZ Minerals becomes majority owner of West Musgrave project
OZ Minerals has completed an earn-in to acquire 51 per cent of the West Musgrave copper-nickel joint venture project in Western Australia.
- Fortescue reveals $500m share buyback program
Fortescue plans to launch an on-market share buy-back program of up to $500 million.
- Galena retains GR Engineering for Abra DFS
GR Engineering will play a key role in the definitive feasibility study (DFS) at Galena Mining’s Abra base metals project in Western Australia.
- Weir Minerals integrates Delta Industrial into major facility
Weir Minerals has completed the integration of valve manufacturing subsidiary Delta Industrial, known for its knife gate valves, into its St Louis, Missouri facility.
- TNG reaches another major milestone at Mount Peake
TNG has been granted the Mount Peake project native title agreement for its Mount Peake vanadium-titanium-iron project in the Northern Territory after a year of extensive negotiations.
- Northern Minerals to boost Browns Range production using new tech
Northern Minerals has proposed using a new ore sorting technology on its existing Browns Range stockpiles to increase production of rare earths in northern Western Australia.
- Swick revs up for new exploration division in 2019
Drilling contractor Swick plans to establish a deep exploration division within the company that will make use of powerful new deep hole drilling kits.