- BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- Dyno Nobel
- Fraser Range
- gold mining
- Independence Group
- Ken Brinsden
- kirkland lake gold
- Mineral Resources
- Minerals Council of Australia
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Prominent Hill
- Rio Tinto
- Silver Lake Resources
- South Africa
- Stanmore Coal
- Western Areas
- Western Australia
- Aeris keeps production on track despite water issue
Aeris Resources has reported a drop in copper production at the Tritton operations in New South Wales as it continues to manage water quality issues.
- Adani to transition to producer in 2021
Adani Mining chief executive Lucas Dow has stressed that the Carmichael mine and rail project in Queensland is “well and truly under way” to delivering first coal next year.
- ‘No clear pathway to net zero emissions’: Rio Tinto CEO
Rio Tinto intends to invest $1 billion over the next five years to meet its new climate change targets, but chief executive JS Jacques has stated, “There is no clear pathway right now for the world to get net zero emissions by 2050.”
- Newcrest broadens search for Paterson gold
Newcrest Mining has inked a $60 million agreement with Antipa Minerals to explore the southern portion of the junior’s ground in the Paterson Province, Western Australia.
- OceanaGold secures $78.5m gold prepayment arrangement
OceanaGold has signed a forward sale arrangement with its partner banks to receive a pre-payment of $78.5 million in exchange for delivering 48,000 gold ounces between September and December this year.
- REMA TIP TOP wins Mondadelphous contract at Rio Tinto site
Monadelphous has selected REMA TIP TOP Australia for a contract at Rio Tinto’s West Angelas Deposits C and D project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Caterpillar releases 6030 low-emissions shovel
The new Cat 6030 hydraulic mining shovel meets the strictest diesel emissions standards on the back of a pair of fuel-efficient Cat C27 engines.
- South Australia jumps into world’s top mining jurisdictions
South Australia has become the sixth most attractive jurisdiction in the world for mining investment, according to the Fraser Institute Survey of Mining Companies 2019.
- Universal Coal fights TerraCom takeover with legal bid
Universal Coal has commenced legal proceedings in the High Court of Justice of England and Wales over TerraCom’s unsolicited offer for a takeover.
- Surface protection solutions for operational efficiency
Crushing and screening is a key part of any mining activity, and the smooth operation of this process is essential in maximising site productivity and throughput.
- St George exploration ramps up Paterson hunt
St George Mining is adding further attention to the Paterson province in Western Australia, joining Rio Tinto and Newcrest Mining as companies searching for resources in the area.
- Rio Tinto zeroes in on Minu copper plans
Rio Tinto plans to reach first production at the Winu copper-gold project in Western Australia in 2023, and is progressing discussions with the Traditional Owners to achieve this.
- Queensland continues investment attractiveness slump
Queensland has been given a wake-up call after its mining investment attractiveness fell to 15th place worldwide in the latest Fraser Institute survey.
- Malaysia renews Lynas’ operating licence
The Atomic Energy Licensing Board in Malaysia has renewed Lynas’ operating licence in the country under strict conditions.
- Stanmore sets sights on Isaac Downs development
Stanmore Coal has finished the first half of the 2020 financial year by delivering 1.57 million tonnes of run of mine coal to the coal handling and processing plant (CHPP) at the Isaac Plains coal complex in Queensland.
- QLD receives boost for exploration of new economy minerals
The hunt for “new economy minerals” continues for mining exploration companies in North Queensland as they compete for state government funding.
- Rio Tinto in the hunt for Nicaraguan metals
Rio Tinto has inked an agreement with Calibre Mining for the Borosi gold-silver-copper projects in northeast Nicaragua.
- WA tops world as place for mining investment
Western Australia has become the top mining jurisdiction for investment, according to Fraser Institute’s annual survey of mining company rankings.
- Lucapa collects rewards for drilling Lulo kimberlite pipes
Lucapa Diamond Company has kept its sale momentum strong going into 2020 after reaping a seven-figure bill for its Lulo diamonds.
- Stavely delivers ‘exceptionally high grade’ Victorian results
Stavely Minerals has unearthed significant copper-gold-silver at the Cayley Lode discovery within the Thursday’s Gossan prospect in western Victoria.