- BGC Contracting
- Bounty Mining
- Cadia mine
- Chichester Hub
- Christmas Creek
- Escondida mine
- Gold Fields
- gold production
- Gold Road
- Independence Group
- OZ Minerals
- Papua New Guinea
- renewable energy
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Telfer mine
- World Gold Council
- Westgold extends Sodexo contract to Big Bell mine
Westgold Resources has furthered its relationship with Sodexo to include a fourth mine site, increasing the contract value between the companies to $40 million.
- Image of Andrew Forrest used for $670k scam
A fake investment scheme that used the image of Fortescue Metals Group chairman Andrew Forrest has scammed a Western Australian woman out of $670,000.
- QCoal escalates battle for Bounty funding
QCoal has accused Bounty Mining of misleading its shareholders by prioritising a funding proposal it has deemed inferior from Amaroo Blackdown Investments.
- Strong NSW coal demand drives job growth
The strong demand for New South Wales Coal has created more mining jobs in the state.
- Apple takes major leaps in recycling mined products
Apple plans to use 100 per cent recycled rare earth elements in a key component of its latest iPhones.
- IGO ‘deeply saddened’ by Nova tragedy
Independence Group (IGO) has revealed that a fatality occurred following an incident at the Nova nickel-copper operation in Western Australia.
- Incoming Newmont Goldcorp CEO optimistic about future
At the annual Denver Gold Forum, incoming chief executive officer Tom Palmer expressed optimism about the future of Newmont Goldcorp.
- BHP embraces technological greatness in changing times
BHP vice president technology global transformation Rag Udd has highlighted how leadership, education and the link between humanity and automation are shaping the future of the company and mining industry.
- Segnut innovation reduces hefty maintenance costs
Mining maintenance spending in Australia is expected to rise by more than 60 per cent annually to $12 billion by 2022, according to fastener manufacturer Segnut.
- Horizon continues West Australian gold re-shuffle
Horizon Minerals has completed an $8 million sale of its Menzies and Goongarrie gold projects in Western Australia to Kingwest Resources.
- Meteoric unveils gold bonanza at Juruena
Meteoric Resources has unearthed ‘bonanza grades’ at the Juruena project’s Dona Maria Prospect in Brazil.
- Kepco Bylong coal project rejected due to environmental impacts
The New South Wales Independent Planning Commission has rejected a request by Kepco Bylong to develop an open cut and underground coal mine near Mudgee.
- Barrick signals major gold discovery outside Newmont Goldcorp JV
Barrick Gold has flagged a significant gold discovery that could deliver at least one more Tier 1 gold mine at its Goldrush-Fourmile project in Nevada.
- BHP CEO suffers pay cut following mining tragedy
BHP has slashed the salary of chief executive Andrew Mackenzie in response to operational issues and a fatality involving a coal miner in Queensland last year.
- WestStar bags BHP contract at South Flank
WestStar Industrial subsidiaries SIMPEC and Precast Australia have continued to pile up top tier contracted works such as the South Flank iron ore project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Saudi Arabia to resume oil production following drone attacks
Oil prices have spiked after 10 unmanned aerial vehicles attacked the world’s biggest crude-processing facility and its second-biggest oil field, both in Saudi Arabia.
- Minnovare partnership with Maptek enhances drill and blast results
Minnovare and Maptek have partnered to deliver streamlined drill and blast solutions to underground miners.
- The ABB digital mine
ABB has a comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions – including ABB Ability, a suite of digital solutions – that are transforming the way mines operate.
- New Hope prepares 150 New Acland workers for redundancy
New Hope Group is set to make 150 New Acland workers redundant by Friday as its stage three project continues to be in abeyance pending final approvals.
- Byerwen coal mine opens to boost QLD economy
The opening of the Byerwen coal mine in North Queensland has been welcomed by the resources industry given its anticipated contribution to the state’s economy.