- Altura Mining
- Anglo American
- Ashton Coal
- base metals
- Bowen Basin
- Eastern Goldfields
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- metallurgical coal
- Newcrest Mining
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- Papua New Guinea
- Rio Tinto
- St Barbara
- Tawana Resources
- Western Australia
- Fenner Dunlop engineering reduces costs around narrow seam mining
Fenner Dunlop’s redesigned rockbox transfer system and ongoing conveyor modifications at Yancoal Australia’s Ashton Coal underground mine are improving conveyor availability, reducing costs and minimising the potential for shutdowns usually associated with mining a narrow seam.
- Cadia restart could take six months: Newcrest
Newcrest Mining is unsure exactly when the Cadia gold mine near Orange in New South Wales will restart following last week’s tailings dam breach.
- McMahon-Clough JV to deliver EPC services at Mount Peake
TNG has formed a partnership with McMahon Services and Clough to provide engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services at the Mount Peake vanadium-titanium-iron project in the Northern Territory.
- Glencore Technology’s IsaMill chosen for Red Dog upgrade
Teck Resources has selected Glencore Technology’s M15,000 IsaMill for a mill upgrade project at the Teck Red Dog operations.
- Thiess secures $190m contract extension at Anglo’s Dawson South
Anglo American has awarded Thiess a $190 million contract extension to continue providing mining services at the Dawson South metallurgical coal mine in Queensland’s Bowen Basin.
- Galena confirms high-grade lead-silver at Abra project in Gascoyne
Following a successful round of drilling last December, Galena Minerals has confirmed high-grade lead-silver mineralisation at its 100 per cent-owned Abra project in Gascoyne, Western Australia; the announcement led to the company’s share price surging by over 30 per cent. The Abra project has an overall JORC 2018-compliant indicated and inferred resource of 36.6 million … Continue reading Galena confirms high-grade lead-silver at Abra project in Gascoyne
- The choice for professional welders
Welding Industries of Australia’s (WIA) Austarc 16TC, Australia’s number one best-selling electrode, features reduced spatter levels, high operator appeal and a low hydrogen classification. Find out why the 16TC is the electrode of choice for professional welders across Australia.
- Altura Mining in takeover talks with Chinese
Lithium aspirant Altura Mining has confirmed that it has been in discussions with a Chinese company in regards to a potential takeover.
- Mustang adds vanadium potential to Caula strategy
Mustang Resources is on track for first production at the Caula graphite project in Mozambique by the middle of next year.
- St Barbara resolves Simberi dispute
St Barbara has resumed full operations at the Simberi gold mine in Papua New Guinea following illegal industrial action at the site.
- First Cobalt acquires explorer to develop supply for EV market
Dual-listed First Cobalt Corp has agreed to a “friendly acquisition” of US Cobalt in an all-share deal valued at $C149.9 million ($147 million).
- Fortescue delivers first agreement under ANZ initiative
Fortescue Metals Group and ANZ have signed their first agreement under a $50 million funding initiative they launched last year.
- Lithium Power awarded key production licence for Maricunga project
Lithium Power, through 50 per cent owned Minera Salar Blanco (MSB), has been awarded a key export licence from the Chilean Nuclear Energy Commission (CCHEN) for lithium production, export and marketing at its Maricunga project in Chile.
- St Barbara secures 10% stake in ABM
Gold miner St Barbara has taken a 10 per cent share in ASX-listed junior ABM Resources, which is raising funds to execute an exploration program in the Tanami district.
- Anglo American sets out new sustainability roadmap for 2030
Anglo American has launched a new sustainability strategy that outlines its goals for community development, environment and improving trust and transparency within the mining industry by 2030.
- Lithium production starts at Bald Hill
Joint venture partners Tawana Resources and Alliance Mineral Assets have launched lithium production at the Bald Hill mine in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto to explore Serbia in Raiden JV
Rio Tinto has formed an exploration partnership in Serbia with ASX-listed junior Raiden Resources.
- Illegal strike interrupts St Barbara mine
St Barbara’s Simberi gold operations in Papua New Guinea have been impacted by an illegal work stoppage by part of the mine’s workforce.
- Eight tips for creating a good weld
It’s important to know the basic principles to creating a safe, strong and clean weld. Mathew Hefferan, Field Applications Specialist at Welding Industries of Australia (WIA) shares his top eight tips to creating a good weld.
- Newcrest secures Cadia after suspending operations
Newcrest Mining says it has contained a breakthrough of tailings material at the Cadia gold mine in New South Wales after it was forced to suspend operations at the site last Friday.