- Anglo American
- coal mine
- Fortescue Metals Group
- iron ore
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mine rehabilitation
- Olympic Dam
- Oyu Tolgoi
- OZ Minerals
- Rio Tinto
- Sandfire Resources
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Sheffield Resources
- south flank
- St Barbara
- Sulphate of potash
- Super Pit
- St Barbara’s Gwalia extension nears finish
St Barbara has experienced a drop in gold production at the Gwalia mine in Western Australia as the company focusses on the mine expansion.
- Fortescue reaches record ore shipments
Fortescue Metals Group has welcomed a record number of ore shipments in its latest half yearly report.
- Mitsui obtains Salt Lake SOP for export
Salt Lake Potash has signed an agreement with Mitsui & Co for the sale of premium water soluble sulphate of potash (SOP) from the Lake Way project in Western Australia.
- Silver Lake lines up Macmahon for $200m contract
Silver Lake Resources has appointed Macmahon’s newly acquired subsidiary GBF Group to deliver further work at the Mount Monger gold operations in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.
- Geoscientist unemployment rates maintain steady rate
Unemployment rates have steadied for Australian geoscientists, according to a new survey by the Australian Institute of Geoscientists (AIG).
- Rio Tinto to establish Oyu Tolgoi coal power plant
Rio Tinto is progressing the option of a coal power plant to fuel the Oyu Tolgoi copper mine in Mongolia’s Gobi Desert.
- Fortescue’s Billion Opportunities program reaches milestone
Fortescue has awarded PTK Environmental Services a five-year contract extension for its waste management services.
- Missing worker recovered at Henty gold mine
The Henty gold mine emergency response team (ERT) has successfully recovered the body of a Pybar Mining Services employee who has been missing since January 23.
- BHP confident in future outlook despite market uncertainties
BHP has confirmed it holds a favourable outlook for its products in the long-term, beyond the market’s mixed sentiment in the short-term.
- OZ Minerals, Sandfire to create QLD minerals hub
Minotaur Exploration and OZ Minerals’ Cloncurry Alliance has formed a joint venture (JV) with Sandfire Resources to explore a tenement group in Queensland.
- Glencore achieves NSW mine rehabilitation milestone
Glencore has earned a government certification for its rehabilitation efforts at the Westside open cut coal site in New South Wales.
- Rio Tinto slashes Pilbara shipments outlook
Rio Tinto has restarted the iron ore operations in the Pilbara, Western Australia following the aftermath of Tropical Cyclone Damien in Western Australia.
- Sheffield scales back on Thunderbird project
Sheffield Resources has cut back development at its Thunderbird mineral sands project in Western Australia to reduce capital costs.
- Australian universities to offer fresh mining-related courses
The Minerals Council of Australia (MCA) has partnered with Australian universities to develop career pathways into the mining industry.
- BMA recruits future workforce from QLD training centre
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) has accepted its largest intake of apprentices in Queensland in recent years.
- BHP banks on future-facing commodities
BHP has finished off 2019 with a notable increase in copper production after the Olympic Dam mine in South Australia overcame an operational issue.
- Super Pit leads Saracen to record production
Saracen Mineral Holdings is on course to meet its 2020 financial year production guidance of more than 500,000 ounces of gold.
- Anglo American the only Sirius lifeline
Sirius Minerals has failed to secure an investor that would save it from an acquisition by parent company Anglo American.
- Australian growth drives Newmont to company record
Newmont has achieved the largest gold mineral reserves in the company’s history, thanks to expansion at its Australian operations.
- Pybar commits to Henty recovery operation
Pybar Mining Services has made progress in its recovery operation to retrieve a missing worker from the Diversified Minerals-owned Henty gold mine, despite its first attempt being unsuccessful.