- acquisitions and mergers
- carbon emissions
- Curtin University
- Federal Court
- Federal Government
- follow the leaders
- Galena Mining
- Gascoyne Resources
- gold mine
- Karl Simich
- Maules Creek
- Metso Outotec
- METS sector
- Minerals Council Australia
- Minerals Council of Australia
- Minerals Exploration
- Northern Territory
- Queensland Government
- Rio Tinto
- Sandfire Resources
- Scott Stewart
- Tania Constable
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- In focus: HD Series from Bonfiglioli
Bonfiglioli Australia managing director Martin Broglia has stated that choosing the right heavy-duty gear unit all comes down to three key requirements: price, quality and service.
- Upskilling with CQUni gave Dan the edge to excel in project management
Daniel Hooper is building his own path to a long career in the construction industry, with CQUniversity supporting him from undergraduate, through to postgraduate study.
- Bellevue confirms high-grade gold at WA site
Bellevue Gold has cemented the high-grade potential of its namesake gold project in Western Australia following the latest drilling program at the site.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive appointments
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at Bellevue Gold, Carpentaria Resources, Minbos Resources and more.
- Turbulent Whitehaven reduces guidance after fourth revision
Whitehaven Coal has reduced its production guidance again, with mixed results across its New South Wales operations presenting a cumulative negative effect.
- Ramelius mines first ore at Tampia
Ramelius Resources has started ore mining at the Tampia gold mine in Western Australia for the first time since it first took over the project in 2019.
- Sandfire to finish strong at DeGrussa
Sandfire Resources has supported its wind-down strategy for the DeGrussa copper-gold operations in Western Australia, with an ore reserve and mineral resource update.
- Curtin University uncovers history of WA ore systems
A team of Curtin University researchers have discovered a way to accurately measure the age sulfide ore mineral systems in Western Australia, which could help uncover larger deposits.
- AU-UK deal shows good signs for METS
An historic free trade agreement (FTA) between Australia and the United Kingdom will strengthen the UK’s investment in Australian commodities, while providing easier access for mining businesses to import and export equipment and services.
- Ahrens find that ‘spark’ with leading mining companies across the nation
Working in the most remote locations, Ahrens are leading the way in cutting-edge mining infrastructure solutions.
- Gascoyne secures deal to merge with Firefly
Gascoyne Resources has agreed to take over Firefly Resources in a proposed deal that would combine the two companies complementary assets in the Murchison region of Western Australia.
- GroundProbe unveils its first reactive geohazard monitor
GroundProbe has released the RGR-Velox, an advanced doppler radar for real-time reactive geohazard monitor that detects tailings dam breaches, slope failures, landslides and avalanches.
- Rio Tinto and ARENA partner for greener aluminium
Rio Tinto and the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) have partnered to investigate processing with hydrogen instead of natural gas at the Yarwun alumina refinery in Gladstone, Queensland.
- Queensland budget highlights resources-led recovery
Queensland’s resources sector and land programs have been allocated more than $42 million by the state government, as part of the 2021-22 budget.
- Vista Gold to restart mothballed Mt Todd gold mine in NT
The Northern Territory Government has approved Vista Gold Australia’s mining management plan to recommence operations at the Mount Todd gold mine.
- Very Happy Valley with historic gold hit
E79 Resources has hit massive gold grades at the Happy Valley gold prospect in Victoria, striking more than 100 grams of gold per tonne.
- Metso Outotec cuts Australian conveyor labour services
Metso Outotec has ended its Australian conveyor labour services following a review of its business portfolio in Australia.
- Galena gives Abra project green light
Galena Mining’s development of its Abra base metals project will go ahead with full production of its lead-silver concentrate scheduled for the first quarter of the 2023 calendar year.
- Secret to river restoration unlocked
A new measuring system for the restoration of river systems in post-mining environments has been developed by a US-based research team.
- Federal funding for carbon-cutting technology
The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) has announced the launch date for its $43 million Industrial Energy Transformation Studies Program, to support feasibility and engineering studies.