- Barrick Gold
- Dacian Gold
- fly in fly out
- Gold Fields
- gold mining
- mental health
- OZ Minerals
- Prominent Hill
- Queensland Resources Council
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Super Pit
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- Dacian delivers first ore from Allanson deposit
Dacian is set to reach commercial production targets at its Mt Morgans gold operation near Laverton, Western Australia after achieving first ore at the Allanson deposit.
- Rio Tinto extends accommodation contract with Fleetwood
Fleetwood Australia has received a contract extension from Rio Tinto at Karratha in Western Australia for a further one year period.
- BHP Nickel West gains approval for Venus mine
BHP Nickel West has received state government approval to develop its Venus nickel sulphate deposit near Leinster in the northern Goldfields of Western Australia.
- Lucapa unveils 78ct white diamond
Lucapa Diamond Company has recovered a large 78 carat white diamond from the Mothae kimberlite mine in Lesotho, southern Africa, highlighting the potential of the emerging operation.
- Sun Metals $300m zinc refinery expansion to create hundreds of jobs
Zinc producer Sun Metals Corporation is set to deliver hundreds of new roles to Queensland following state government approval of a $300 million expansion to its refinery 15km south of Townsville.
- OZ Minerals offers $1m reward for next SA discovery
OZ Minerals has offered a $1 million reward for the geologists or data scientists who help find its next discovery near the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine in South Australia.
- Westgold to sell lithium royalties following $23.4m raising
Westgold Resources has decided to sell the majority of its lithium royalties instead of its previously planned demerger.
- Newmont updates Australian outlook following Super Pit incident
Newmont Mining expects to produce 1.5 million ounces of gold in Australia in 2019 due to lower mining rates at the Super Pit and continued stripping at Boddington in Western Australia.
- Licence to operate emerges as biggest concern for mining
An Ernst & Young report has named the licence to operate as the leading risk facing the mining and metals industries over the next two years.
- Rio Tinto restarts NZ aluminium smelter operation
Rio Tinto has reopened its New Zealand’s Aluminium Smelter’s (NZAS) Potline 4 at Tiwai Point on the South Island.
- Tribune puts faith in Philippines mining industry
Western Australian miner Tribune Resources has acquired 100 per cent of Prometheus Developments, which owns the high-grade Diwalwal gold project in the southern Philippines.
- BHP introduces safer Saraji tyre handling system
BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance’s (BMA) Saraji coal mine in the Bowen Basin has made the handling of heavy vehicle earth moving tyres safer with a new device.
- MACA shapes up for $172m Yandal gold contracts
Echo Resources has signed a letter of intent to award MACA two mining contracts at the Yandal gold project in Western Australia.
- Panoramic completes sale of Lanfranchi in WA
Panoramic Resources has agreed to sell its Lanfranchi nickel project to a wholly owned subsidiary of Texas-based Black Mountain Metals for $15.1 million, months after a formal Board decision to restart the Savannah nickel-copper-cobalt operations in Western Australia.
- Australian resources industry requires deregulation to thrive
An Australian Resources and Energy Group (AMMA) survey suggests Australia should adopt a less regulated approach in order to future proof its workforce.
- Psychological distress, bullying headline FIFO concerns
In one of the most comprehensive fly-in fly-out (FIFO) research studies undertaken in Australia, rates of psychological distress, workplace bullying and burnout were found significantly higher among FIFO workers than their non-FIFO counterparts.
- Gruyere gold JV lifts annual production target to 300,000oz
Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources have increased their annual production forecast for the Gruyere gold joint venture project in Western Australia.
- New Hope helps koala population thrive at New Acland
Koala populations in the area of New Hope’s New Acland coal mine in Queensland have remained relatively stable over the past two decades, the results of an independent scientific study showed.
- Paladin optimises Langer Heinrich ahead of possible restart
Paladin Energy is taking steps to progress the Langer Heinrich uranium mine in preparation for a decision to take the mine out of care and maintenance.
- Adani regional recruitment drive ramps up
Adani has accelerated its search for employees to support the Carmichael mine and rail project in Queensland following the announcement that the development is now funded.