- Alacer Gold
- AngloGold Ashanti
- Australian government
- Australian Potash
- BHP Nickel West
- Dugald River
- Eastern Goldfields
- Fortescue Metals Group
- iron ore
- Macmahon Holdings
- nsw government
- Paterson Province
- Red 5
- South Australia
- St Barbara
- Western Australia
- Wollongong Coal
- Glencore project aligns with Australian carbon initiative
The Australian Government has invested $50 million in a carbon capture use and storage (CCUS) fund, a decision that is welcomed by Glencore.
- Adani accelerates Carmichael’s on-site construction
Adani Mining chief executive David Boshoff says company will remain “full speed ahead” on construction of the Carmichael rail and mine project in Queensland, which is set to continue through to 2021.
- Fortescue advances Paterson Province JV project
Fortescue Metals Group’s commitment to a Paterson Province copper-gold joint venture with Carawine Resources in Western Australia has been strengthened.
- SA exploration challenge unveils new mineral targets
South Australia hopes to unlock mineral deposits in the Gawler region through the results of an exploration challenge, ExploreSA.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive movements
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at Peabody Energy, SSR Mining, Alacer Gold and others.
- Mincor to bring Kambalda nickel operations back to life
Mincor Resources has given the Kambalda nickel project in Western Australia the nod to proceed development, breaking a four-year hiatus at the operations.
- BHP puts heritage land approvals on hold
BHP will continue to consult Traditional Owners before starting mining activities at locations that have been approved by the Western Australia’s Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage.
- NSW endorses Russell Vale coal mine expansion
The New South Wales Government has recommended that the Independent Planning Commission approves the expansion of Wollongong Coal’s Russell Vale mine.
- BHP optimises NSW coal assets despite sale rumours
BHP is continuing to review its Mt Arthur coal operations, including making moves to lower operating costs, despite the mining giant expressing its interest to sell the New South Wales mine.
- Boston Shaker reaches commercial production at Tropicana
Joint venture partners AngloGold Ashanti and IGO have achieved commercial production at the Boston Shaker underground mine at the Tropicana gold operation in Western Australia below budget.
- Macmahon enlisted at Warrawoona as construction begins
Calidus Resources has started construction works and named Macmahon Holdings as its preferred mining contractor at the Warrawoona gold project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Decmil wins $41m contract at Fortescue project
Fortescue Metals Group has awarded Decmil Group a $41 million contract at the Iron Bridge magnetite joint venture project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Cardinal gives Shandong Gold’s upgraded takeover offer the nod
Cardinal Resources has accepted a revised takeover offer from Shandong Gold following months of bidding war between the Chinese gold miner and United Kingdom-based Nordgold.
- Technology Metals boosts Gabanintha’s life
Technology Metals has extended its Gabanintha vanadium project’s mine life to 22.5 years from a previous estimate of 16 years.
- Mining companies get behind regional WA schools for STEM Innovation Day
Australian Potash, AngloGold Ashanti, St Barbara and Firetech have given local schoolchildren insight into mining operations and careers at the inaugural Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Innovation Day in Laverton, Western Australia.
- Fortescue shareholders call for cultural heritage protection, constitution amendments
“Fortescue Metals Group shareholders have requested the company to amend its cultural heritage protection ahead of the annual general meeting next month.
- BHP nears completion of Nickel West plant
BHP has confirmed that it will open its Nickel West sulphate plant in Western Australia this financial year after the development was delayed.
- Barminco wins $140m contract extension
Barminco has updated its development and production contract with MMG at the Dugald River zinc mine in Queensland, including an 18-month extension to the original agreement.
- Fenix to deliver first Iron Ridge sales in 2021
Fenix Resources is on track for first sales from its flagship Iron Ridge iron ore project in Western Australia after receiving the final green light from state authorities.
- Red 5 to bring mothballed mine back into production
Red 5 is set to rouse a Western Australian gold mine following the completion of its King of the Hills final feasibility study (FFS).