- Anglo American
- battery minerals
- Eastern Goldfields
- Fortescue Metals Group
- haul trucks
- Independence Group
- minerals processing
- Newcrest Mining
- OZ Minerals
- Panoramic Resources
- Pilbara Minerals
- Prominent Hill
- Rio Tinto
- Talison Lithium
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Breaker to ramp up Bombora drilling with US fund on board
Breaker Resources has agreed to a $8 million share placement to Electrum Group’s strategic opportunities fund to ramp up drilling at its Bombora resource in Western Australia.
- BHP to roll out autonomous trucks at QLD coal mine
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) plans to introduce autonomous haulage at the Goonyella Riverside coal mine in central Queensland next year without any forced redundancies.
- Western Australia bolsters nickel exploration with funding package
The Western Australian Government is set to release $4.93 million of funding for nickel and gold exploration in the Eastern Goldfields.
- WestStar to acquire Alltype Engineering
WestStar Industrial is set to acquire Tier 2 steel fabrication provider Alltype Engineering in a deal worth around $8.4 million.
- Fortescue forms partnership to explore Paterson project
Exploration company Carawine Resources has entered into a farm-in and joint venture agreement with Fortescue Metals Group in Western Australia.
- Pilbara Minerals restarts Pilgangoora after police investigation
Pilbara Minerals has resumed operations following a serious incident at the Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project in Western Australia on Monday.
- Newcrest on track for five Tier 1 orebodies in 2020
Newcrest Mining is focussed on achieving a goal of having five Tier 1 orebodies in its gold portfolio by the end of 2020.
- Rio Tinto launches Australian-first automation qualification
Rio Tinto, the Western Australian government and South Metropolitan TAFE have partnered to launch an Australian-first qualification in automation.
- Panoramic turns blind eye to IGO takeover conditions
Panoramic Resources has responded to Independence Group’s ‘highly conditional’ takeover offer for the company, saying that it has breached certain conditions and would likely do so again.
- Metro Mining receives boost for Bauxite Hills expansion
The Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF) has offered Metro Mining a loan facility for stage two of the Bauxite Hills expansion project in Far North Queensland.d.
- Anglo American pins hopes on strong metallurgical coal market
Anglo American is backing metallurgical coal to be a hot commodity for the company from 2020 and beyond.
- OZ Minerals delays first concentrate at Carrapateena
OZ Minerals has pushed back the planned delivery of first concentrate at its Carrapateena copper-gold project in South Australia by a month.
- Homicide squad investigates incident at Pilbara Minerals site
Pilbara Minerals has advised that a fatality has occurred as a result of an incident unrelated to mining operations at its Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum operation in Western Australia.
- Metso’s roadmap to autonomous processing
Autonomous equipment has emerged in some areas of mining, but minerals processing remains a sector where uptake of the technology has been limited. That’s not to say it isn’t possible.
- NSW drought puts Tritton mine at risk
Aeris Resources may run out of water at its Tritton copper mine near Nyngan in New South Wales by February 2020.
- Albemarle backs lithium recharge to take 18 months
American lithium producer Albemarle Corp has warned that the challenging market conditions for the commodity could last another 18 months.
- Reduced downtime with simplified maintenance features
Using the right attachment for the task is not only safer, it helps you reduce downtime, lower operating and lifetime ownership costs.
- AVZ retains lithium momentum with Chinese backing
AVZ Minerals has secured another Chinese backer for its Manono lithium and tin project in the Democratic Republic of Congo amid softening market conditions.
- Burkino Faso attack blamed on ‘foreign parties’
Perenti Global confirmed that the number of fatalities and injuries caused by last week’s security incident in Burkina Faso, West Africa hadn’t changed.
- IGO offer for Panoramic hits setback
Independence Group’s takeover offer for Panoramic Resources is set to be rejected by the target’s key shareholder, Zeta Resources.