- Carmichael Coal mine
- CIMIC Group
- Galilee Basin
- gr engineering
- heron resources
- iron ore
- liquefied natural gas
- Mineral Resources
- mining services
- New South Wales
- Pilbara Minerals
- Resolute Mining
- Western Australia
- BHP autonomous trucks collide in the Pilbara
BHP has blamed a collision between two autonomous trucks at the Jimblebar iron ore mine in the Pilbara, Western Australia on wet weather.
- Boss improves Honeymoon outlook as restart advances
Boss Resources has completed the first phase of its restart assessment at the Honeymoon uranium project in South Australia, which confirmed the company’s predicted costs and schedule to restart production.
- Shortlist announced for Mines and Money Asia Outstanding Achievement Awards
The Mines and Money Asia Outstanding Achievement Awards are designed to recognise excellence over a wide cross-section of the Asia Pacific mining and investment sector.
- Kalium Lakes to receive $102m for Beyondie SOP project
Kalium Lakes has signed a non-binding agreement with Germany-based KfW IPEX-Bank to receive $102 million of debt funding for the Beyondie sulphate of potash (SOP) project in the eastern Pilbara, Western Australia.
- MinRes completes Mt Marion acquisition as Neometals shifts focus
Neometals has finalised a deal with Mineral Resources and Ganfeng Lithium to sell its 13.8 per cent stake in the Mt Marion lithium project in Western Australia for $103.8 million.
- BHP Nickel West to buy nickel from Mincor operations
BHP Billiton Nickel West has extended its offtake partnership with Mincor Resources, marking a key step in Mincor’s restart of its Kambalda nickel mining operations in Western Australia. The offtake agreement covers ore tolling and concentrate purchase between the two companies, replacing the 20-year agreement that expired in February this year. BHP Nickel West will … Continue reading BHP Nickel West to buy nickel from Mincor operations
- Minprovise doubles site service capacity in one year
Minprovise has doubled its site service capacity by 100 per cent in the last year.
- Kingsgate receives $82 million from insurance case
Australian-based gold miner Kingsgate Consolidated has settled insurance proceedings against the Royal Thai Government over the premature closure of its Chatree gold mine almost three years ago.
- Heron rejects another Sedgman claim over Woodlawn contract
Sedgman’s latest progress claim for Heron Resources has been met with another rejection due to a violation of a guaranteed maximum price (GMP) framework, according to the base metals developer.
- Thiess wins $1.7bn contract at world’s richest diamond mine
Thiess has secured a nine-year, $1.7 billion contract for works on the Jwaneng diamond mine’s Cut-9 expansion in Botswana, southern Africa.
- Pilbara Minerals moves ahead with POSCO JV
Pilbara Minerals has exercised an option to enter into a joint venture (JV) with POSCO for the development of a lithium processing plant in South Korea.
- GR Engineering secures Mardie contract with BCI Minerals
BCI Minerals has appointed contractor GR Engineering to provide services at the Mardie salt and potash project in Western Australia.
- Newmont delivers Tanami power project
Newmont Mining has completed its $US245 million (346 million) Tanami power project in the Northern Territory on schedule, coinciding with Tanami pouring its 10 millionth ounce of gold.
- Austmine to showcase the ‘next horizon’ for mining innovation
Austmine is now the leading mining innovation conference in the world, according to chief executive officer Christine Gibbs Stewart.
- Lucapa finds fourth large diamond at Mothae
Lucapa Diamond Company has recovered an 83.9-carat diamond from its Mothae kimberlite plant in Lesotho, southern Africa. The stone is the fourth 50-plus carat diamond recovered from the new operation. It follows the recovery of a 51.2-carat diamond in February, and special diamonds weighing 78 carats and 89 carats from the 2018 bulk sampling program. … Continue reading Lucapa finds fourth large diamond at Mothae
- Canadian body cites Australia as model for mining investment
The Mining Association of Canada (MAC) has mentioned Australia positively in a statement about how the North American country can work to improve its mining investment strategy.
- Adani defends carbon emissions at Carmichael
Adani Australia has responded to environmental concerns regarding its Carmichael thermal coal mine project in the Galilee Basin in Queensland.
- CSIRO bolsters autonomous mining systems with robotics centre
CSIRO’s Data61 has opened its Robotics Innovation Centre in Queensland, dedicated to advance the robotics and autonomous systems industry that could be worth $23 billion by 2025.
- Perth is a global oil and gas hub says WA Mines and Petroleum Minister
Perth is the only Australian city to be admitted into the World Energy Cities Partnership, which signifies Western Australia’s continual growth as a world energy leader.
- CIMIC Group awarded $190m contract at Karratha
Woodside Energy has awarded a contract to CIMIC Group’s UGL as part of the latter’s joint venture (JV) with Cape at the Karratha gas plant in Western Australia.