- Andrew Forrest
- Andrew Mackenzie
- Barrick Gold
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- mineral sands
- New South Wales
- rare earths
- Sandfire Resources
- Sheffield Resources
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Sandvik launches jumbo underground drill rig
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology has launched the Sandvik DT1132i jumbo, an underground drill rig for tunnelling excavation.
- International Mining Geology Conference to showcase future technology and practices
The pace and scale of change in the international resources sector comes as no surprise to most mining professionals across the globe.
- Sheffield gets green light for Thunderbird project
Sheffield Resources has hit an early milestone at its Thunderbird project in Western Australia with the state government’s approval to commence mining.
- Sandfire secures farm-in with Auris to explore Cashman
Auris Minerals has entered into an agreement with Sandfire Resources to advance exploration at its Cashman project in the Bryah Basin, Western Australia.
- Epiroc racks up orders for battery-powered equipment
Epiroc has won orders for its new generation battery-electric mining equipment in Australia, underscoring the original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) growth in the region.
- Aboriginal-owned iron ore producer to create 240 jobs in Pilbara
The Australian Aboriginal Mining Corporation (AAMC) has secured $27.1 million in debt funding for the development of the First Iron project in the Pilbara.
- Westgold extends Sodexo contract to Big Bell mine
Westgold Resources has furthered its relationship with Sodexo to include a fourth mine site, increasing the contract value between the companies to $40 million.
- Image of Andrew Forrest used for $670k scam
A fake investment scheme that used the image of Fortescue Metals Group chairman Andrew Forrest has scammed a Western Australian woman out of $670,000.
- QCoal escalates battle for Bounty funding
QCoal has accused Bounty Mining of misleading its shareholders by prioritising a funding proposal it has deemed inferior from Amaroo Blackdown Investments.
- Strong NSW coal demand drives job growth
The strong demand for New South Wales Coal has created more mining jobs in the state.
- Apple takes major leaps in recycling mined products
Apple plans to use 100 per cent recycled rare earth elements in a key component of its latest iPhones.
- IGO ‘deeply saddened’ by Nova tragedy
Independence Group (IGO) has revealed that a fatality occurred following an incident at the Nova nickel-copper operation in Western Australia.
- Incoming Newmont Goldcorp CEO optimistic about future
At the annual Denver Gold Forum, incoming chief executive officer Tom Palmer expressed optimism about the future of Newmont Goldcorp.
- BHP embraces technological greatness in changing times
BHP vice president technology global transformation Rag Udd has highlighted how leadership, education and the link between humanity and automation are shaping the future of the company and mining industry.
- Segnut innovation reduces hefty maintenance costs
Mining maintenance spending in Australia is expected to rise by more than 60 per cent annually to $12 billion by 2022, according to fastener manufacturer Segnut.
- Horizon continues West Australian gold re-shuffle
Horizon Minerals has completed an $8 million sale of its Menzies and Goongarrie gold projects in Western Australia to Kingwest Resources.
- Meteoric unveils gold bonanza at Juruena
Meteoric Resources has unearthed ‘bonanza grades’ at the Juruena project’s Dona Maria Prospect in Brazil.
- Kepco Bylong coal project rejected due to environmental impacts
The New South Wales Independent Planning Commission has rejected a request by Kepco Bylong to develop an open cut and underground coal mine near Mudgee.
- Barrick signals major gold discovery outside Newmont Goldcorp JV
Barrick Gold has flagged a significant gold discovery that could deliver at least one more Tier 1 gold mine at its Goldrush-Fourmile project in Nevada.
- BHP CEO suffers pay cut following mining tragedy
BHP has slashed the salary of chief executive Andrew Mackenzie in response to operational issues and a fatality involving a coal miner in Queensland last year.