- Andrew Forrest
- Barrick Gold
- base metals
- competitiveness plan
- Donald Trump
- iron ore
- METS sector
- Mineral Resources
- mine rehabilitation
- New York
- Northern Territory
- Rio Tinto
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Downer, Microsoft partner for cloud-based solutions
Engineering company Downer EDI has entered a strategic alliance with Microsoft to develop cloud-based solutions and services that will enhance their respective markets.
- Queensland Government proposes mine rehabilitation policy changes
The Queensland Government is proposing changes to the financial assurance and rehabilitation policy to improve mine remediation in the state.
- CSIRO launches METS sector roadmap
The CSIRO has released a technology roadmap to increase the growth of Australia’s mining equipment, technology and services (METS) sector.
- AMMA praises Andrew and Nicola Forrest’s $400m charity donation
The Australian Mines and Metals Association (AMMA) has congratulated mining magnate Andrew Forrest and his wife Nicola for their $400 million dollar donation to philanthropic causes.
- Victoria launches second round of mineral exploration grants
The second round of grants under the Victorian Government’s TARGET program have been given to boost gold exploration in the state.
- Westdrill fined $10k after truck incident at Pilbara mine
Drill and blast services company Westdrill has been fined $10,000 in Perth Magistrates Court for two mine safety breaches at Mineral Resources’ Iron Valley mine in the Pilbara.
- WorleyParsons signs Shell EPCM services contract
Shell Global Solutions has awarded WorleyParsons a five year framework agreement to provide engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) services for Shell’s downstream projects worldwide.
- RPM enters underground mine software deal
RPM Global has signed an agreement with Alford Mining Systems (AMS) to distribute the AMS Stope Optimisation software within RPM’s Underground software solutions.
- Rio awards facility management contract to Pilbara Aboriginal business
Pilbara Aboriginal business Pindari has been awarded a long-term facilities management contract by Rio Tinto.
- Tenders opened for safety works on Tennant Creek historic mines
The Northern Territory Government has announced a public tender to provide environmental and public safety work for historic mines near Tennant Creek.
- BBI Group to acquire MinRes asset near $6bn iron ore development
BBI Group, which is developing the $6 billion Balla Balla infrastructure project in the Pilbara of Western Australia, has secured an agreement to acquire the Weelumurra iron ore asset from Mineral Resources (MinRes).
- Rio cuts payment terms to 30 days for smaller suppliers
Rio Tinto will reduce the payment terms for smaller suppliers to 30 days in a bid to improve cash flow for those businesses.
- Rio Tinto and Barrick develop technologically innovative companies
Technological innovation has emerged as a necessity in the Australian mining industry. Most mining companies have committed to initiatives that add technological innovation to their operations, and the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) industry is helping them achieve this strategy.
- Newcrest and South32 headline hackathon in Perth
This weekend will mark the fourth time Unearthed has hosted a resources technology hackathon in Perth since the inaugural event in 2014.
- Micromine unveils latest version of fleet management software
Intuitive mining solutions provider Micromine has released the Pitram 4.8, the latest version of the fleet management and mine control solution.
- ACCC backflips on Virgin-Alliance FIFO partnership
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has decided to approve the Charter Alliance agreement between Virgin Australia and Alliance Aviation Services to provide fly-in fly-out (FIFO) services in Western Australia, after it was initially rejected due to competition concerns.
- Trump political woes boost gold prices
As the United States ponders the uncertain future of President Donald Trump commodities markets have benefitted, especially gold.
- Surge in mining jobs on Seek continues
The mining, resources and energy sector experienced the largest advertising growth of all industries on online recruitment portal Seek in April.
- Fortescue signs lifting and rigging contract with Aboriginal supplier
Fortescue Metals Group has awarded Aboriginal-owned business Redspear Safety a three-year contract to supply lifting and rigging equipment across all of its sites.
- MRV Metals’ Granite Belt project on track for restart
Moreton Resources subsidiary MRV Metals has received state government approval to restart the Granite Belt polymetallic project near Texas in Queensland.