- Altura Mining
- Anglo American
- Barrick Gold
- Beadell Resources
- BHP Biliton
- Blair Athol
- coal mine
- Dacian Gold
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- Incitec Pivot
- iron ore
- Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mine
- Lucapa Diamond
- Metropolitan mine
- Newcrest Mining
- Newmont Mining
- New South Wales
- NRW Holdings
- oil and gas
- Peter Coleman
- Planning Assessment Commission
- Rockwell Automation
- Senex Energy
- Western Australia
- Woodside Petroleum
- Cudeco awards mining services contract for Rocklands mine
Queensland copper producer Cudeco has awarded Andy’s Earthmovers (Asia Pacific) a contract to provide mining services at its Rocklands copper mine.
- Mining moves: Incitec Pivot, Fortescue, Cudeco
Australian Mining brings readers the latest corporate appointments and departures impacting the local and international mining industry.
- Ten-year roadmap for Australia’s energy resources sector released
National Energy Resources Australia (NERA) has released a 10-year roadmap to boost competitiveness in Australia’s coal, oil and gas, and uranium energy resources industries.
- Tomra helps recover massive 227-carat Lucapa diamond
Lucapa Diamond’s recent recovery of a 227-carat stone from the Lulo mine in Angola was assisted by an X-ray transmission (XRT) sorting technology developed by Norway’s Tomra.
- Anglo American Hunter Valley coal mine expansion suffers another setback
Anglo American’s expansion plan for the Drayton South coal operation in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales has again been knocked back.
- Wearx appoints new innovations and technology manager
Mine processing plant wear solutions provider WEARX has welcomed Dr Tobias Krull as the company’s new Innovation and Technology manager.
- Ausdrill locks in $200 million of contract extensions in WA’s Goldfields
Mining services company Ausdrill has secured more than $200 million worth of contract extensions with two of its existing clients in the Goldfields region of Western Australia – Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines (KCGM) and Gold Fields.
- South32 coal acquisition comes under fire from ACCC
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has raised concerns about South32’s proposed acquisition of Peabody Energy’s Metropolitan coal assets in the Illawarra region of New South Wales.
- Queensland’s Olive Downs mine steps closer to production
Pembroke Resources’ $1 billion Olive Downs coal mine near Moranbah in Queensland is getting closer to production, after receiving a coordinated project status.
- Dacian again seeks funds for Mt Morgan gold development
Dacian Gold has unveiled new plans to raise funds for development of the Mt Morgans gold project in the Goldfields region of Western Australia.
- Queensland approves Blair Athol coal mine, 600 jobs on the way
Queensland’s department of natural resources and mines (DNRM) has approved the move of the Blair Athol coal mine to TerraCom subsidiary Orion Mining
- Fortescue delivers profit boost as iron ore rebounds
Iron ore miner Fortescue Metals Group has reported a strong rise in half-year profit off the back of soaring prices for the commodity.
- Parkway Minerals enters lithium salt lake market
Parkway Minerals has expanded into Western Australia’s salt lake sector, acquiring the Lake Barlee potash/lithium brine project northwest of Kalgoorlie.
- Altura’s Pilgangoora lithium project receives approval to mine
The Western Australian department of mines and petroleum (DMP) has approved Altura Mining’s proposal for the Pilgangoora lithium project in the Pilbara.
- BHP Billiton uses higher commodity prices, productivity push to increase profit
BHP Billiton has delivered a significant rise in profit during the first half of the 2017 financial year, helped by a resurgence in commodity prices and a company push to lift productivity.
- Goyder to replace Chaney as Woodside chairman
Richard Goyder will take over as chairman of Woodside Petroleum next year, his second major appointment since Wesfarmers announced he would step down as managing director of the company earlier this year.
- Senex invests $50m in Western Surat Gas project
Senex Energy has approved its first major investment in the Western Surat Gas project in Queensland, providing $50 million to the project’s well drilling campaign.
- Beadell taps market for $51m to fund Brazilian mine upgrades
Brazilian gold miner Beadell Resources will raise up to $51 million to fund mine upgrades and exploration activities at its Tucano operation.
- RPM launches improved mine simulation software
RungePincockMinarco (RPM) has released the Haulsim 2.3 mine simulation software.
- Action Drill and Blast wins gold contract at Telfer
Action Drill and Blast (ADB) was last week awarded a $40 million contract to provide drilling and blasting services for mining contractor Macmahon Holdings at Newcrest Mining’s Telfer gold mine in Western Australia.