- AngloGold Ashanti
- battery metals
- BGC Contracting
- Carmichael mine
- electric vehicles
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Gold Fields
- iron ore
- Lynas Corporation
- South Australia
- St Barbara
- Western Australia
- Austmine announces 2019 award winners
Austmine 2019 has announced its award winners at the Industry Leaders’ Dinner and Awards in Brisbane, Queensland this week.
- SQM expects lithium industry to grow by 17 per cent in 2019
Chilean lithium major Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) has reported decreased sales in its March quarter but remains positive about the future of the lithium industry.
- MacMines puts Galilee Basin coal project on hold
An approved large coal project three times the capacity of Adani’s proposed Carmichael project in the Galilee Basin, Queensland will no longer be going ahead.
- MCA appoints Helen Coonan as new chair
The Minerals Council of Australia (MCA) has announced that former federal cabinet minister Helen Coonan will replace Vanessa Guthrie as the organisation’s new chair.
- Surprising fungi-gold interaction reveals potential for new deposits
Australian scientists have discovered gold-coated fungi near Boddington, Western Australia that may offer clues for finding gold deposits.
- Kalium drives Beyondie construction with development contracts
Kalium Lakes has awarded four contracts associated with the development of the purification plant facilities for its Beyondie sulphate of potash project (BSOPP).
- Mincor sets up nickel portfolio for the Long haul
Mincor Resources will raise up to $23 million to fast-track its plans to restart high-grade nickel sulphide mining near Kambalda in Western Australia.
- Peabody awards $126m contract in QLD, NSW to Ausdrill subsidiary
Ausdrill subsidiary, BTP has secured a further three year contract with Peabody Australia in its Hunter Valley and Bowen Basin coal mines, its second extension in two years.
- Wesfarmers closes in on Kidman acquisition
Wesfarmers has secured a scheme implementation deed (SID) with Kidman Resources regarding a proposed takeover deal announced in early May.
- Lynas reveals $500m plan for growth
Lynas Corporation will spend $500 million on growing its production to 2025, including the creation of a new upstream processing plant in Western Australia.
- Havilah moves closer to launching flagship Kalkaroo site
Havilah Resources has been granted approval from the Department for Energy and Mining for the right to mine at the Kalkaroo copper-gold project in South Australia.
- Lucapa gains momentum with sixth major diamond recovery
Lucapa Diamond Company has revealed the largest diamond recovered from its Mothae kimberlite mine in Lesotho, South Africa since commercial operations commenced in January.
- Barrick to acquire Acacia in effort to solve dispute
Barrick Gold plans to acquire the remaining Acacia Mining shares it doesn’t own in a buyout offer to douse a long stand-off with the Tanzanian Government.
- Battery metals major focus for greenfield exploration in WA
Nearly a third of participants involved in the current round of an ongoing state-backed commodity exploration scheme in Western Australia are focusing on battery metal discoveries.
- Adani backs urgent request for Carmichael deadline
Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has urged for a timeline to be set for the approval of Adani’s proposed Carmichael mine.
- NRW Holdings rebuffs BGC takeover speculation
NRW Holdings has denied media speculation that it has been in advanced talks to acquire BGC Contracting.
- BHP to ramp up long-term focus
BHP is aiming to maximise shareholder value through continuing to diversify its portfolio and adapt to “the changing world”, according to its long-term strategy.
- Rockwell Automation makes splash at Austmine
Rockwell Automation is an associate partner of the Austmine 2019 Conference and Exhibition, currently being held from May 21-23 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Queensland.
- Fortescue gains approval for Queens Valley development
Fortescue’s Queens Valley mining area is moving forward having received all necessary environmental and heritage approvals.
- Kalgoorlie tops list of best graduate cities
A list of the top five Australian cities for graduates has been published, with the country’s larger urban hubs nowhere to be found.