- asteroid mining
- climate change
- Columbus Group
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hancock Prospecting
- Hope Downs
- iron ore
- Kalamazoo Resources
- Legacy Iron Ore
- Newcrest Mining
- Origin Energy
- OZ Minerals
- Prospect Awards
- renewable energy
- Roy Hill
- South Australia
- St Barbara
- Surat Basin
- Western Australia
- zinc mine
- Bauxite Resources officially responds to Mercantile takeover bid
On November 8, Mercantile announced it was attempting to make a takeover bid for half of its unowned shares in Bauxite Resources.
- Prospect Awards review: Carob fuel solution secures environmental award for Columbus Group
Columbus Group won the Metso Excellence in Environmental Management at the 2017 Prospect Awards in Sydney for its research into carob fuel.
- Kalamazoo and Legacy make gold breakthroughs in WA
Kalamazoo and Legacy Iron Ore have announced that they have made significant gold breakthroughs at the Dom’s Hill and Kangaroo Bore projects, respectively.
- QGC makes Surat Basin drone deal with Boeing co. Insitu
QGC has made a deal with unmanned systems provider Insitu Pacific to supply remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) for the former’s Queensland operations.
- Capital Mining pulls out of cannabis investment
Junior Australian explorer Capital Mining has announced it is pulling out of medical cannabis investment through subsidiary Capital Cannabis Ltd (CCL), not to be confused with Californian equity company Cannabis Capital LLC.
- Magnets and drill swarms: ways to mine an asteroid
Planetary Resources, one of the premier researchers of commercial deep space exploration, has highlighted potential methods to mine asteroids in future.
- Lucky Queensland man discovers one kilogram gold nugget
A prospector in Queensland has discovered an enormous gold nugget weighing in at over 1.17 kilograms.
- MCA bankroll protest groups gather at BHP AGM
Ken MacKenzie, the recently anointed chairman of BHP, has delivered a speech at the company’s annual general meeting in Melbourne today, while social justice groups gathered outside.
- Zeta buys Axelrock for $50m: ups stakes in GME, Alliance, Seacrest
Investment company Zeta Resources has announced it is to purchase Axelrock, a move that will sizeably increasing its stake in three of holding company Axelrock’s subsidiaries
- Prospect Awards review: Rinehart ramps up contribution to mining at Roy Hill
The success of the Roy Hill iron ore operations highlights a long list of achievements in mining for Hancock Prospecting chair Gina Rinehart.
- BHP sees solar and wind potential for US legacy mines
BHP has partnered with US firm Rocky Mountain Institute on the Sunshine for Mines program, focused on redevelopment of disused mining sites.
- Mining leads SEEK ad growth for 10th straight month
The mining, resources and energy sector has recorded the largest annual growth of all industries on online recruitment portal SEEK for the 10th month in a row.
- Thundelarra makes gold discovery at Crown Prince in WA
Gold exploration company Thundelarra has reported a new gold discovery at its Crown Prince tenement in Western Australia.
- Boss Resources sets uranium project record in South Australia
Boss Resources has announced that field leach trialling (FLT) at its Honeymoon project in South Australia has produced record high results at its facility.
- AWE seeks up to $48m to fund Waitsia gas project
AWE will raise up to $48 million through a share placement and purchase plan to help fund stage two of its Waitsia gas project in Western Australia.
- Fortescue ends power agreement
Fortescue Metals Group has officially terminated a purchase agreement with TransAlta Corp at the South Hedland Power Station in Western Australia.
- Consolidated Zinc ramps up Plomosas project
Australian company Consolidated Zinc is revising its strategy at its Plomosas zinc mine in Mexico following positive scoping study results confirming it as a 100,000-tonnes-a-year project.
- Newcrest targets growth opportunities
Newcrest Mining’s chairman believes the gold miner is well positioned for growth. Peter Hay said with the business turnaround progressing well and the company’s balance sheet strengthened, Newcrest was in a position “to start pivoting more towards growth.”
- Prospect Awards review: Gwalia gold mine grows old gracefully
The historic Gwalia gold mine in Western Australia is set for the next stage in its 120-year life after St Barbara launched an extension project at the site this year.
- OZ Minerals to invest $19m at nickel-copper project
OZ Minerals will proceed to the next stage of a farm-in agreement with Cassini Resources at the West Musgrave nickel-copper project in Western Australia by investing $19 million.