- australian vanadium
- Bounty Mining
- drill rig
- emr capital
- Evolution Mining
- Federal Government
- Galaxy Resources
- JS Jacques
- mergers and acquisitions
- Mineral Resources
- Mount Peake
- Mt Cattlin
- Mt Weld
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Roy Hill
- Scott Morrison
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Komatsu’s new 830E-5 truck ‘most technologically advanced to date’
Komatsu has released the new 830E-5 truck, a 230 metric tonne capacity dump truck, which it said is the most technologically advanced 240-US ton class truck the company has produced to date.
- MinRes to expand Pilbara footprint in deals with BCI
Mineral Resources (MinRes) has signed an agreement with BCI Minerals to purchase the Buckland iron ore project in Western Australia’s Pilbara region for cash consideration of up to $20 million.
- How to stay connected to clients and still make sales during the COVID-19 crisis
During a crisis such as COVID-19, the industry landscape can be changing daily. Prime Creative Media offers this complimentary resource for B2B companies on how to best equip your team to communicate regularly with clients, and still generate sales.
- Western Australia obtains record resources sales
Western Australia has earned $167.3 billion in resources sales for the 2019 calendar year, according to recent statistics from the state’s Department of Mines, Industry, Regulation and Safety (DMIRS).
- Evolution ramps up newly-acquired Red Lake project
Evolution Mining has finalised its acquisition of the Red Lake gold mine in Ontario, Canada from Newmont for a total consideration of $US375 million ($612 million).
- Galaxy shifts interstate workforce to Ravensthorpe
Galaxy Resources has successfully relocated its interstate contract workers to the Mt Cattlin site near Ravensthorpe, Western Australia for up to six months for workers’ health and safety.
- Resource ministers unite to keep the sector operational
The Australian Government has continued to work with state and territory ministers and the resources sector to ensure critical projects keep operating during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Newcrest earns 40 per cent interest in Havieron project
Newcrest has qualified for 40 per cent interest in Havieron gold-copper project in the Paterson region of Western Australia.
- Resolute completes Ravenswood gold mine sale
Resolute Mining has completed the sale of the Ravenswood gold mine in Queensland to a consortium comprising EMR Capital and Singapore-listed Golden Energy and Resources.
- QCoal snaps up Bounty Mining
QCoal is set to expand on its existing Queensland assets, as it moves to purchase Bounty Mining’s business, assets and subsidiaries including the Cook Colliery coking coal mine near Blackwater.
- TNG Mount Peake progress may be affected by COVID-19
TNG has provided an update on the progress of pre-development planning for its Mount Peake project in Northern Territory, taking into consideration the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the timing of the project.
- Lynas Malaysia plant shutdown extended
The Malaysian Government has extended its movement control order to combat the coronavirus, causing Lynas Malaysia to prolong the temporary suspension of its production plant.
- Australia injects $130bn wage package
The federal government has announced a lifeline for Australia’s workforce amid the coronavirus pandemic, providing six million workers with a fortnightly wage subsidy of up to $1500 per person.
- Roy Hill expands fleet with third Pentium Hydro rig
Roy Hill Iron Ore plans to deploy the eighth rig for its company fleet at the Pilbara mine, Western Australia through an additional purchase order to Vysarn.
- Red 5 to evolve into mid-tier gold producer with capital raising
Red 5 has made a $125 million share placement to investors to support the development of its King of the Hills (KOTH) gold project in Western Australia’s Eastern Goldfields.
- Primero secures additional $20m contracts with Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto has awarded additional contracts to Primero for the Koodaideri and Mesa K projects in the Pilbara, Western Australia for a combined value of $20 million.
- Ausmex seeks partnership to advance SA gold projects
Ausmex Mining has set sights on finding joint venture and/or farm-in partners for the development of its gold assets in the Burra region of South Australia.
- Australian Vanadium scales back business due to ‘turbulent markets’
Australian Vanadium (AVL) has announced a business strategy to safeguard its “financial health” and preserve the Australian Vanadium Project in Western Australia during the coronavirus pandemic.
- MinRex Resources actively explores Silver Lake kilometres
Gold explorer MinRex Resources, which holds ground just a few kilometres to the north-east of the $1.2 billion capped Silver Lake Resources’ gold and copper Deflector mine, is set to release new exploration results at its Deflector extended gold project at Gullewa in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto not ‘complacent’ in battling coronavirus spread
Rio Tinto has continued to operate most of its assets to fulfil customer orders while complying with government directives regarding coronavirus.