- Altura Mining
- Anglo American
- Atlantic Gold
- Diversified Minerals
- Encounter Resources
- gold project
- iron ore
- Koolan Island
- Mark Cutifani
- mark mcgowan
- metro mining
- mount gibson
- Mt Holland
- Newcrest Mining
- red river resources
- Regis Resources
- Rio Tinto
- south flank
- St Barbara
- Weir Minerals
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including an update on the progress being made at BHP’s South Flank iron ore project in the Pilbara.
- Red River to restart Hillgrove gold mine in 2020
Red River Resources plans to start producing from the Hillgrove project in New South Wales this year to take advantage of the current high gold prices.
- Mount Gibson overcomes Cyclone Blake at Koolan Island
Mount Gibson Iron is looking on track to meet its production targets despite Tropical Cyclone Blake interrupting January operations.
- Newcrest encounters positive Tanami mineralisation
Joint venture partners Newcrest Mining and Encounter Resources have confirmed the presence of near-surface gold at their exploration projects in Tanami, Western Australia.
- Wesfarmers delays Mt Holland final investment decision
Wesfarmers has postponed its final investment decision on the Mt Holland lithium project in Western Australia until the first quarter of 2021.
- Emeco fends off Downer Mining bid speculation
A news report in The Australian yesterday suggested that the Emeco Group was on the hunt to acquire Downer EDI’s mining business.
- Anglo American boosts Australian coal production
Anglo American has managed an increased production in its Australian metallurgical coal operations for the December 2019 quarter, helping to balance lower copper production at its Chile operations.
- WesTrac chooses Collie for WA automation centre
WesTrac is set to build a Western Australian technology training facility in Collie that will focus on providing courses in autonomous operations.
- WA to disclose unreleased ‘grandfather’ mineral exploration reports
The Western Australian Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) has released over 880 mineral exploration reports from 1985 to 2001.
- Search for missing worker continues at Henty gold mine
Tasmania Police, fire crews and mine rescue crews have not been able to locate a missing worker at the Diversified Minerals-operated Henty gold mine on Tasmania’s west coast.
- Henty mine collapse leaves worker missing
Diversified Minerals has confirmed that a PYBAR Mining Services contract worker has been trapped underground at the Henty gold operation in Tasmania after part of the mine collapsed.
- Metro shifts down a gear at Bauxite Hills
Metro Mining is set to reduce activity at the Bauxite Hills mine in Far North Queensland over the next three months.
- AuStar pulls out of Centennial Mining acquisition
AuStar Gold has abandoned its intention to acquire Centennial Mining after six months of negotiations with stakeholders.
- Stanwell re-signs Downer with $600m Meandu contract
Downer EDI has won a five-year contract for mining services at the Meandu coal mine in Queensland valued at around $600 million.
- Deloitte to prop up mining transformation with Global IO
Deloitte has acquired Global Integrated Operations, a remote operations specialist in the mining and energy industries, to deepen its operations transformation offering.
- BHP, Rio Tinto among Australia’s most valuable brands
BHP and Rio Tinto have climbed the ranks of Brand Finance’s most valuable Australian brands this year, entering the top five and top 10 respectively.
- OceanaGold lifts Didipio performance with Weir Minerals hydrocyclones
Weir Minerals has helped OceanaGold reduce grinding mill recirculation by 246 per cent with its Cavex hydrocyclones at the Didipio gold-copper mine in the Philippines.
- Altura delivers another record cargo with Chinese shipment
Altura Mining has set a record 24,500 wet metric tonnes of lithium concentrate for offtake partner Ganfeng Lithium in China.
- Regis finishes 2019 with production jump
Regis Resources has had a solid finish to the December quarter, producing 90,849 ounces of gold at the Duketon gold project in Western Australia’s Laverton region.
- St Barbara lowers Gwalia guidance amid operational challenges
St Barbara expects to complete the Gwalia extension project in Leonora, Western Australia in April following operational delays.