- Alliance Aviation
- Clermont mine
- Eastern Goldfields
- Incitec Pivot
- iron ore
- joint venture
- kirkland lake gold
- New South Wales
- OZ Minerals
- Rio Tinto
- Roy Hill
- South Australia
- thermal coal
- West Africa
- Western Australia
- Saracen posts strong Q4 results, enters deal with Nexus for mine purchase
Saracen Minerals has posted strong fourth quarter results, with cash and equivalents of $82.9 million on December 31, 2017, up from $60.5 million on September 30, 2017.
- Australian Mines’ Perth processing plant on track for January completion
Following the installation of an important autoclave component at its Perth cobalt sulphate processing plant, battery metals producer Australian Mines has advised that the plant is on course for a late January completion.
- Mount Gibson keeps Koolan Island restart on target
Mount Gibson Iron’s Koolan Island restart project in Western Australia’s Kimberley region remains on track to achieve first sales in the March quarter of 2019.
- Alt acquires Mt Ida gold project from Latitude
Junior explorer Alt Resources has secured a deal to acquire the Mt Ida gold project in Western Australia’s Goldfields region from Latitude Consolidated for $2 million.
- Newmont pulls out of Greatland Gold project
Mining major Newmont has announced it is not going ahead with Greatland Gold’s Ernest Giles project due to a focus on other districts.
- OZ Minerals seeks Carrapateena growth as construction ramps up
OZ Minerals is planning to exploit the potential of the broader Carrapateena province in South Australia as its progresses construction of its copper-gold development in 2018.
- Orocobre secures $361m in funding for lithium expansion
Lithium producer Orocobre has released its fourth quarter results for 2017, with production up a massive 84 per cent on its third quarter at 3937 tonnes.
- Vale executes deal for Pantera copper project with Avanco
Avanco has agreed to a deal with Brazilian major Vale to purchase 100 per cent of its Pantera copper project in Brazil, in an acquisition expected to cost anywhere between $25 to $44 million.
- SACOME annual report pushes South Australian resources sector
The South Australian Chamber of Mines and Energy (SACOME) has published its annual State Election document, which calls for a rejection of South Australian mining moratoria among its several suggestions.
- Australia’s LNG industry enjoys ‘watershed year’ in 2017
Australian liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports hit 56.8 million tonnes (Mt) in 2017, jumping 26.3 per cent from 44.9Mt in the previous year.
- Gold group Blackham Resources receives $14.3 million loan to pay off debts
Western Australian gold mining company Blackham Resources has announced that contractor MACA is to loan the company $14.3 million to help repay its $14.8 million debt to financier Orion.
- Rio automation project helps increase iron ore output
Rio Tinto has met its 2017 Pilbara iron ore shipments target after delivering a 3 per cent year-on-year increase during the December quarter.
- Gem Diamonds recovers 910-carat diamond — the world’s fifth largest
Gem Diamonds may be a London-based company operating in Africa, but we at Australian Mining always love the discovery a massive diamond — wherever it has been found around the world.
- Poll gives Adani’s Carmichael mine the green light — just
A poll undertaken by human resources organisation, Mining People International (MPI), has shown that industry personnel narrowly back the development of Adani’s Carmichael coal mine in Queensland.
- New Century flags opportunity for Century zinc mine expansion
New Century Resources has identified potential to extend the mine life and increase production at the Century zinc mine in Queensland.
- Perseus prepares to launch second gold mine this month
Perseus Mining expects to deliver first gold at its Sissingué operation in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa this month.
- Glencore adds three years to Alliance contract
Glencore has extended Alliance Aviation Services’ air charter contract at the Clermont coal mine in central Queensland by three years.
- Coal, LNG performance defies resources industry opponents: QRC
Queensland’s resources sector, guided by record liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports and high demand for coal, continues to underpin the state’s economy, according to Queensland Resources Council (QRC) chief executive Ian Macfarlane.
- Kirkland Lake posts record quarterly and annual gold production
ASX-listed Kirkland Lake Gold has achieved record annual and fourth quarter results, it announced today, with consolidated 2016–17 financial year production of 596,405 ounces, ahead of its guidance rates.
- Roy Hill to end Incitec Pivot explosives contract
Incitec Pivot has lost its contract to supply explosives products and services to Pilbara iron ore miner Roy Hill.