- Australian government
- australian vanadium
- bill johnston
- coal mine
- electric vehicles
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- mark mcgowan
- mineral sands
- mining services
- Nickel West
- Northern Star
- Northern Territory
- NRW Holdings
- OZ Minerals
- Prominent Hill
- Rio Tinto
- Super Pit
- Top News
- NRW secures Gudai-Darri solar contract
Rio Tinto has awarded NRW Holdings with a contract to deliver a 34-megawatt solar energy system at the Gudai-Darri mine in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Burgundy expects Ellendale diamond mine to shine
Burgundy Diamond Mines plans to return the Ellendale mine to production as early as next year after securing funding for the resumption of operations.
- M stands for momentum at Millennium mine
M Mining has contracted Australian Mining Rehabilitation (AMR) and MCC Group for mining and site services, respectively, at the Millennium and Mavis Downs coal mine in Queensland.
- WesTrac adds third facility to Rio Tinto services
WesTrac’s Geraldton facility will rebuild dozens of Rio Tinto’s Pilbara-based heavy machines until 2025, as part of a project organised by the Mid West Development Commission (MWDC).
- OZ Minerals on track with Prominent Hill record
OZ Minerals has mined a record 1.14 million tonnes of ore at the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine in South Australia off the back of strong copper demand.
- Perenti launches tech business to spark growth
Perenti has cut the red ribbon on its technology-driven mining services business, idoba, in line with its 2025 growth strategy.
- Lynas Rare Earths switches on in Kalgoorlie
Lynas Rare Earths has contracted Mayfield Group Holdings for transportable switchrooms at its rare earth project near Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.
- Silver Lake skilled worker shortage to continue
Silver Lake Resources has modified its operating strategy at the Mount Monger gold mine in Western Australia due to a lack of skilled labour causing productivity and cost issues.
- NT Government boosts brownfield exploration funding
The Northern Territory Government is expanding new exploration opportunities 18 projects from 15 companies awarded grants under the latest Geophysics and Drilling Collaboration program.
- Approvals acceleration to fast track WA economy
The WA Government has invested a record amount to accelerate project approvals across several agencies including the DMIRS.
- Newmont rises above Tanami constraints
Newmont has boosted production across its global gold portfolio, with an increase in grades and throughput at the Boddington mine in WA.
- Northern Star reaps benefits of Saracen merger
Northern Star Resources is seeing the early signs of cost savings and productivity gains from the merger with Saracen Mineral Holdings as it progresses towards producing 2 million ounces of a gold a year.
- Government support for onshore battery technology
The Australian Government is supporting the resources and critical minerals sector with almost $50 million in funding for projects to help grow businesses and create new jobs.
- Iron ore stars in June export figures: ABS
Australian exports have been upheld by metalliferous ores in June, with the category showing an 8 per cent increase and a fourth consecutive record month.
- Korea looks to Australia for reliable battery materials
Australian critical minerals miners have caught the attention of Korean battery manufacturers as the east Asian powerhouse looks to diversify its supply chain.
- Introducing Copper to the World 2021
Hear from leading voices in the Australian and global copper market at Copper to the World 2021, streamed live online from South Australia to the world.
- BHP unites with Tesla for nickel supply partnership
BHP will supply Tesla with nickel from its Nickel West asset in Western Australia in a collaboration which will aim to make the battery supply chain more sustainable.
- Kalbar crosses its Fingerboards for mining licence
Kalbar Operations has applied for a mining licence for its Fingerboards project in Victoria’s Gippsland region, adding to the potential for a mineral sands hub in the state.
- Evolution to expand Kalgoorlie foothold with Kundana acquisition
Evolution Mining has agreed to purchase Northern Star Resources’s Kundana gold assets in Western Australia for $400 million.
- Yancoal production on target despite rain setbacks
Yancoal has been hit with more rainfall at its Hunter Valley operations in New South Wales which have impacted mining, rail and port activity during the June quarter.