- Anglo American
- Bowen Basin
- Broken Hill
- Century mine
- coking coal
- Drill Rigs
- iron ore
- mineral sands
- New Century Resources
- New South Wales
- OZ Minerals
- Prominent Hill
- thermal coal
- United States
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Neometals to demerge assets, add focus on Mt Marion lithium
Neometals will increase its focus on the development of its respective titanium-vanadium and lithium businesses, underpinned by its Mt Marion lithium operations in the Kalgoorlie.
- Mining and energy lead Australian mid-market M&A in 2018
Australian mid-market mergers & acquisitions (M&A) in the first half (H1) of 2018 were propelled by the energy, mining and utilities sectors.
- OZ Minerals delivers development progress as profits spike
OZ Minerals has significantly increased its profits so far this year after benefitting from higher copper prices and improved operational efficiencies.
- Anglo American adds 16 Komatsu 830E trucks to coal operations
Anglo American has entered a long-term hire of 16 Komatsu 830E (electric drive) mine trucks from supplier National Plant & Equipment (NPE).
- Gold Road boss Murray to retire
Gold Road Resources has appointed Duncan Gibbs as its new managing director and chief executive, following the pending retirement of Ian Murray.
- Mount Gibson positive ahead of Koolan Island restart
Mount Gibson Iron has geared up for the restart of the Koolan Island operation with a robust performance in the 2018 financial year.
- Swick hits 10 million metre drilling milestone
Though Swick was founded in 1995, the company didn’t start diamond drilling projects until nine years later.
- Ausdrill acquisition of Barminco to create Australia’s second largest mining contractor
Ausdrill is set to acquire underground hard rock contractor and African joint venture partner, Barminco, in a deal worth $271.5 million.
- Whitehaven Coal seeks higher production in Gunnedah as prices spike
Whitehaven Coal plans to continue growing its production profile in the Gunnedah Basin in New South Wales as demand for high-quality coal increases.
- Introducing QRAM – RYCO’s asset management system
RYCO’s new asset management system QRAM is set to change the way businesses manage hose assemblies and equipment anywhere around the world.
- Bounty moves Cook Colliery closer to restart
Bounty Mining has completed an upgrade to its Bowen Basin rail facilities in a significant step for the company’s Cook Colliery restart in Queensland.
- Hitachi’s automation plan with Whitehaven Coal and beyond
Japanese equipment manufacturer Hitachi has set the foundation to play a role in Australia’s move towards an autonomous mining future.
- Image Resources’ Boonanarring project set for fourth quarter start
Image Resources’ Boonanarring mineral sands project in the North Perth Basin, Western Australia, is on track to start production by the end of 2018.
- Metro Mining wins big in Chinese bauxite market
Metro Mining is speeding through 2018 with a series of success – its Bauxite Hills mine has seen a strong first quarter of production, ramping up to realising a targeted production of 2 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) in 2018 with two more offtake agreements.
- South32 to develop base metals project following $US1.3bn acquisition
South32 has completed a $US1.3 billion ($1.8 billion) acquisition of Arizona Mining, paving the way for it to develop the Hermosa base metals project in the United States.
- Zinc production restarts at Century mine
New Century Resources has started flotation and production of zinc concentrate at the Century mine processing plant in Queensland.
- Ausdrill-Barminco JV wins $220m mining services contract
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) has strengthened its relationship with Roxgold in West Africa with a $US160 million ($219.6 million) contract in Burkina Faso.
- ESS 3000 Sealing System Serviceability
Conveyor belts are one of the most efficient methods of transporting bulk materials with a plant. However, all conveyors experience some level of fugitive material.
- Fortescue Metals Group secure rental of new Liebherr R 996B excavator
National Plant & Equipment (NPE) have purchased two Liebherr R 996B Excavator’s, one of which has arrived in Australia this month.
- MICROMINE to release updated Pitram Shift Planner software
MICROMINE is updating its Pitram Shift Planner software to version 2.0, improving integration with the company’s current Pitram solution.