- Aditya Birla
- black lung
- cranes and lifting
- Eastern Goldfields
- Escondida mine
- gr engineering
- iron ore
- Metals X
- Mt Isa Mines
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Olympic Dam
- Rio Tinto
- Supreme Court
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Eastern Goldfields back on track as wind up order terminated
Gold miner Eastern Goldfields has confirmed that the Supreme Court of Western Australia order to wind up the company has been dropped. With the August 15 order withdrawn, the winding up process has been terminated and the company is returned to its directors, Eastern Goldfields explained. “The winding up order followed an application by Genalysis Laboratory … Continue reading Eastern Goldfields back on track as wind up order terminated
- Hammer secures Mt Isa JV with Glencore
Australian junior Hammer Metals has formed a joint venture (JV) with Glencore after acquiring AuKing’s interest in properties at Mount Isa in Queensland.
- Employment spikes in Australia’s mining states
More evidence of the revival in employment in Australia’s mining and resources sector has emerged.
- Unearthed Sydney to solve mining and METS challenges
Unearthed returns to Sydney this year for the third time, with a hackathon designed to develop solutions to mining industry challenges.
- Flinders University undertakes radiation research at Olympic Dam
Flinders University is conducting a research initiative to improve methods of monitoring background radiation in arid environments, supporting South Australia’s mining and nuclear industries.
- Mining to resume at South32’s Appin Colliery
The New South Wales Resources Regulator has allowed mining to resume at South32’s Appin Colliery after concerns over gas levels.
- BHP unveils $US2.46bn plans for copper operation
BHP will spend $US2.46 billion ($3.12 billion) extending the life of the Spence open cut copper mine in Chile by more than 50 years.
- Argosy signs lithium deal with Chinese battery company
Argosy Minerals has signed binding investment and offtake agreements with one of China’s fastest growing battery materials companies Quingdao Qianyun High-tech New Material, strengthening its position as a key lithium producer.
- Record month for LNG as Gorgon, North West Shelf increase output
Australian liquefied natural gas (LNG) shipments for the month of July reached a record 5.4 million tonnes (Mt), driven by higher output from Gorgon and the North-West Shelf (NWS).
- Mining made safer with Mineral Blue
Mineral Blue is an integrated Safe System of Work (iSSoW) for the mining and resources industry, designed to streamline safety processes using the internet and mobile devices.
- BHP’s South Flank project moves forward with Decmil contract
BHP’s development of the South Flank iron ore project in the Pilbara is gathering pace with the miner awarding another early stage contract.
- WA Supreme Court shuts down Eastern Goldfields
Western Australia’s Supreme Court has ordered gold miner Eastern Goldfields be wound up and have a liquidator appointed to it.
- Mastermyne wins contract at Whitehaven mine
Mastermyne was last week awarded a roadway development contract at Whitehaven Coal’s Narrabri mine in New South Wales.
- RCT delivers innovation powerhouse
Innovation has been the driving force behind RCT’s success with the company going from strength to strength in the past 45 years.
- Mining leaders connect with technology, finance and the future
Technology, finance, investment, excellence in mining, infrastructure, and future energy will be up for discussion at IMARC 2017.
- Lifting productivity and safety performance through collaboration
Schenck Process has collaborated with industry partners to develop a solution that is delivering safety and cost benefits during train loading chute change outs.
- Aurizon exits Intermodal business
Mining freight operator Aurizon has decided to divest its Intermodal business, following year on year financial losses.
- Glencore, Anglo escape mine closures over dust levels
Queensland coal mines operated by Glencore and Anglo American will not be closed despite failing to comply with dust monitoring laws.
- Columbus Group takes mining gong at Zenith Awards
It was time for those in the process and control engineering sector to shine last night as the winners of the 14th annual Zenith Awards were announced.
- Metals X halts underground mining at Nifty
Metals X has suspended underground operations at the Nifty copper mine in Western Australia to undertake remedial repairs.