- Dyno Nobel
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- Independence Group
- Lithium Australia
- mineral sands
- Newmont Mining
- Northern Star
- Panoramic Resources
- Rema Tip Top
- Rio Tinto
- South Africa
- south flank
- United States
- Western Areas
- Western Australia
- Primero wins major Koodaideri contract
Rio Tinto has awarded a $115 million contract to Primero for its Koodaideri iron ore mine in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Does Matador have the next major gold producing mine in Newfoundland?
Australian companies have poured over $3 billion into North American gold projects over the last 18 months alone.
- Lithium Australia increases ownership of Envirostream
Lithium Australia has announced its agreement to increase its stake in Envirostream Australia to a 90 per cent ownership interest.
- Newcrest increases Lundin Gold ownership
Newcrest Mining has acquired a further US$79.6 million ($116.5 million) worth of Lundin Gold shares, increasing the Australian gold company’s ownership to 32 per cent.
- BHP innovation centre boosts WA operations
Since its introduction two years ago, BHP’s innovation centre at Eastern Ridge, Western Australia has been a hub for creating, monitoring and understanding data.
- Northern Star completes Echo takeover
Northern Star Resources has completed its takeover of Echo Resources, having acquired a relevant interest of 98.14 per cent in the Australian gold company.
- Western Areas suspends Forrestania operations after bush fire
Western Areas has reported a threatening bush fire in the area of the Forrestania nickel operation in Western Australia.
- Barminco, IGO trial remote Nova operation
Barminco has piloted a remote operations centre in Perth, which mobilised a machine at Independence Group’s Nova underground mine in Western Australia.
- Dyno Nobel expands Indonesian footprint with eighth plant
Dyno Nobel subsidiary PT DNX Indonesia has started the operation of its emulsion plant at PT Bukit Suksesindo’s Tujuh Bukit gold mine in Banyuwangi in East Java.
- Heron processes Woodlawn’s first underground ore
Heron Resources has commenced the crushing and processing of its first underground ore from the high-grade G2 lens at the Woodlawn project in New South Wales.
- Former Newmont CEO Goldberg joins BHP
BHP have announced the appointment of Gary Goldberg, previously Newmont Goldcorp Corporation’s CEO, to the BHP Board as a non-executive director effective February 1 2020.
- Panoramic plots move to contracting model at Savannah
Panoramic Resources plans to transition to a predominant contract mining model at its Savannah project in Western Australia.
- Sandvik connects third-party equipment with Automine
Sandvik has released the AutoMine Access API, the mining industry’s first interoperability platform for autonomous fleets, which connects non-Sandvik equipment.
- Underground miners hop Onboard Mobilaris technology
Mobilaris together with its partial owner Epiroc is turning underground mining into a transparent environment for all workers with Mobilaris Onboard.
- Prime Creative Media acquires PPO and Gas Today from Great Southern Press
Prime Creative Media has increased its investment in the resources industry, with the acquisition of Pipeline, Plant & Offshore (PPO) premium subscription news service, online project database, and the Gas Today publication, web site, and enewsletter from Great Southern Press.
- REMA TIP TOP, Monadelphous to deliver South Flank conveyor belting
Monadelphous has selected REMA TIP TOP Australia to install more than 50 kilometres of conveyor belting for the $US3.6 billion ($5.26 billion) BHP Western Australian Iron Ore South Flank project in the Pilbara.
- Rio Tinto pulls trigger on $US1.5bn Kennecott investment
Rio Tinto has approved a $US1.5 billion ($2.2 billion) investment to continue production at the Kennecott copper operation in the United States.
- Strandline secures Woodside, EDL renewables partnership
Strandline Resources has selected Woodside Energy and EDL to provide a renewable power solution for the Coburn mineral sands project in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto cuts Richards Bay output after security incident
Rio Tinto will curtail operations at the Richards Bay Minerals mine in South Africa following a security incident.
- Gruyere JV opens gold mine
Joint venture partners Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources have officially opened the Gruyere gold mine in Western Australia.