- bauxite hills
- Carmichael mine
- fly in fly out
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Fraser Range
- Ian Macfarlane
- Lithium Australia
- metro mining
- mining jobs
- Queensland Resources Council
- Rio Tinto
- Scott Morrison
- Solomon Hub
- Top News
- Western Australia
- BMA, Adani to hire local QLD residents
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and Adani Mining are recruiting their future workers, with applications for each company’s apprenticeship and graduate programs now open.
- Fortescue commits $20m in aid to Solomon contractors
Fortescue Metals Group has approved $20 million in financial support for nine Aboriginal contractors.
- BHP announced as key sponsor for Austmine 2021 innovation event
BHP is backing Austmine’s next mining innovation conference, to be held in Perth, Western Australia, from May 25-27, 2021.
- Endeavour Awards finalists 2020
The finalists of the 17th Endeavour Awards have been announced despite the challenges that the manufacturing sector faces.
- Components Only new commercial manager sets sights on growth
Brisbane-based Components Only, the high-profile supplier of heavy equipment components, has welcomed Jeffery Chua to its expanding operations.
- Rio Tinto reveals breakthrough scandium extraction from waste
Rio Tinto has uncovered a new method to recover high-purity scandium oxide using waste from the production of titanium dioxide at its production facilities in Canada.
- Antipa pushes Citadel ahead through Rio Tinto agreement
Joint venture partners Rio Tinto and Antipa Minerals have further progressed the exploration program at the Citadel project in the Paterson province of Western Australia.
- AusIMM, Cahoot upskill sector with Mining 4.0 Academy
The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) has teamed up with Cahoot Learning to launch the Mining 4.0 Academy, which comprises practical courses to uplift skills and capabilities.
- QLD needs resources sector ‘more than ever’ as COVID-19 strikes
The Queensland Government has called on the Queensland Resources Council (QRC) to maximise the resource sector’s role in post-coronavirus recovery.
- Pit N Portal wins Kambalda contract with Mincor
Mincor Resources has awarded an underground mining contract to Pit N Portal for the Kambalda nickel operations in Western Australia.
- Ancient gold deposits could lead to new discoveries: CSIRO
CSIRO has discovered that distinctive rock patterns in the Yilgarn province in Western Australia could indicate the presence of gold deposits.
- Fortescue reinstates normal FIFO operations on the back of mandatory testing
Fortescue Metals Group is set to return to normal operational rosters of two weeks on, one week off, starting from June 22.
- More certainty in new project agreements: ScoMo
The federal government has created industrial relations working groups that will initiate discussions regarding casual and fixed term employees, while also adding greenfields agreements to the agenda.
- Iron ore prices soar amid Brazil’s worsening COVID-19 crisis
Brazil’s worsening COVID-19 crisis and the reduced shipment of iron ore from the South American country have led to a surge in global iron ore prices on the back of resilient demand from China.
- Legend uncovers Mawson’s best drill hole to date
Legend Mining is honing in on what could be a potential Nova-style discovery, recording its best drill hole result so far at the Rockford project’s Mawson prospect in Western Australia.
- Fortescue selects Downer for $450m Eliwana contract
Fortescue Metals Group has again contracted Downer to complete works at the Eliwana iron ore mine in Western Australia, this time for early mining and maintenance services.
- Metso launches cost-saving modularised crushing stations
Metso has updated its crushing and screening mining stations with two modularised variants that aim to deliver lower capital expenditure.
- BHP pledges $3.3m to support Aboriginal businesses through pandemic
BHP is taking steps to protect and support the remote Aboriginal communities it operates in, on top of its $50 million vital resources fund.
- Western Australia vows to fix royalty rates for industrial minerals
Minerals mined for use in the building and construction sector in Western Australia will not see an increase in royalty rates for the next five years.
- Metro Mining delays Bauxite Hills expansion amid market uncertainties
Metro Mining expects to put back its planned $51.4 million Bauxite Hills expansion amid market uncertainties sparked by the COVID-19.