- Andrew Mackenzie
- Eastern Goldfields
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Ian Macfarlane
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- Minerals Council of Australia
- minerals processing
- mining equipment
- Olympic Dam
- Pilbara Minerals
- Queensland Resources Council
- rare earths
- renewable energy
- Rio Tinto
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Sandvik launches flameproof underground loader
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology has unveiled a 12-tonne flameproof underground loader.
- RPMGlobal integrates mine scheduling with planning
RPMGlobal has enhanced its mine scheduling software XECUTE with upgrades to increase optimisation across the mining value chain.
- Rio Tinto drives ERA rehabilitation of Ranger
Energy Resources Australia (ERA) plans to raise $476 million to cover its rehabilitation obligations at the Ranger uranium mine in the Northern Territory.
- Australia builds focus on becoming critical minerals powerhouse
The Australian Government is prioritising the development of the nation’s position as a global supplier of rare earths and high performance metals.
- Monadelphous expands into South America
Monadelphous Group is growing its business in South America by acquiring two Chilean businesses.
- Orica, Epiroc to deliver automated blasting by 2020
Epiroc Rock Drills and Orica are joining forces to develop a semi-automated explosives delivery system, enabling safer and more productive blasting operations in underground mines.
- Plant upgrade improves Pilbara Minerals performance
Pilbara Minerals is enjoying continued improvement to the performance of its Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project’s processing facilities, thanks to recent plant modifications.
- Panoramic undermines IGO takeover talks amid Savannah troubles
Panoramic Resources has conceded that its production guidance at the Savannah project in Western Australia will not be met in the 2020 financial year.
- Fortescue misses out in race for Simandou
Fortescue Metals Group has been beaten by a consortium including Guinea’s biggest bauxite exporter in a tender to develop key sections of the massive Simandou iron ore project in the West African country.
- Mitchell Services to grow again with Deepcore acquisition
Mitchell Services is set to add another acquisition to the contracting business, having secured an agreement for a takeover of Deepcore Drilling.
- Fortescue rewards Holocene with exploration JV
Fortescue Metals Group has established a farm-in and joint venture (JV) agreement with Reward Minerals for exploration in the McKay Range in Western Australia.
- BHP inks six-year partnership with AusIMM
BHP has formed a six-year partnership with the AusIMM to strengthen the calibre of technical and leadership conferences in the resources sector.
- Glencore Technology takes McArthur River experience to Russia
Glencore Technology will use its knowledge of IsaMill grinding technology, which it applied to the McArthur River project 25 years ago, to help Ozernoye develop a Russian mining operation.
- Bounty cuts jobs following rock falls
Bounty Mining has finished evaluating the impact of rock falls that stopped production at its Cook Colliery coal mine during October.
- BHP appoints Mike Henry as next CEO
Mike Henry will replace Andrew Mackenzie as chief executive officer of BHP from January 1 next year.
- Metso Outotec synergies dawn on mining
Stephan Kirsch’s appointment as global president of Metso’s mining equipment business area in July came at an exciting time for the company.
- Breaker to ramp up Bombora drilling with US fund on board
Breaker Resources has agreed to a $8 million share placement to Electrum Group’s strategic opportunities fund to ramp up drilling at its Bombora resource in Western Australia.
- BHP to roll out autonomous trucks at QLD coal mine
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) plans to introduce autonomous haulage at the Goonyella Riverside coal mine in central Queensland next year without any forced redundancies.
- Western Australia bolsters nickel exploration with funding package
The Western Australian Government is set to release $4.93 million of funding for nickel and gold exploration in the Eastern Goldfields.
- WestStar to acquire Alltype Engineering
WestStar Industrial is set to acquire Tier 2 steel fabrication provider Alltype Engineering in a deal worth around $8.4 million.