- Barrick Gold
- Evolution Mining
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road Resources
- Hastings Deering
- iron ore
- materials handling
- mining equipment
- Northern Minerals
- Northern Star Resources
- rare earths
- Rio Tinto
- Super Pit
- Top News
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Lynas granted licence renewal for Malaysian operations
Lynas Corp’s operating licence in Malaysia will be renewed by the country’s government for six months following extensive consultation with regulators.
- Rio Tinto awards Koodaideri contract to Kurtarra Cape
Kurtarra Cape Joint Venture (KCU) has secured a contract with Rio Tinto to install 170 kilometre of optical fibre as part of the construction of a rail spur that connects the Koodaideri iron ore project to the mining company’s rail network.
- Whitehaven hits record territory on the back of Maules Creek
Whitehaven Coal has achieved record figures across multiple fronts during the 2019 financial year as it benefitted from the high quality of its thermal coal.
- Newcrest builds future off record-breaking Cadia performance
Newcrest has achieved “very strong results” throughout the 2019 financial year driven by a record-breaking performance from its Cadia mine in New South Wales.
- Hitachi releases latest EX-7 mining excavator
Hitachi has unveiled the EX3600-7 mining excavator, the fourth machine in its EX-7 series following the launch of the EX5600-7, EX2600-7 and EX1200-7.
- Mastermyne strengthens underground expertise with Wilson Mining acquisition
Mastermyne Group will acquire Wilsons Mining Services (WMS) in a $7.6 million deal that is set to boost the company’s underground business.
- Gruyere JV moves ramp up in positive direction
Gruyere joint venture partners Gold Road Resources and Gold Fields have successfully ramped up production at the gold mine near Laverton in Western Australia.
- Glencore loses High Court bid to hide offshore tax arrangements
Glencore has lost its bid to conceal its offshore financial activities from the Australian Taxation Office in a landmark decision by the High Court.
- Nickel Mines expands Ranger stake in Indonesia
Nickel Mines has come back with a second acquisition of the Ranger nickel project in Indonesia, increasing its ownership to a whopping 60 per cent.
- ESS guards against human error on conveyor systems
While safe practice is essential across all aspects of a mine site, conveyors can be particularly dangerous, especially when unguarded.
- Northern Minerals advances Browns Range with $20m funding
Northern Minerals is set to raise $20 million, which will be used towards the progression of its Browns Range rare earths project in Western Australia.
- Gough Holdings lets go of NZ CAT dealership after almost a century
Gough Holdings is set to offload its New Zealand’s Caterpillar dealership, Gough Group, to Sime Darby Berhad after nearly 100 years of family ownership.
- Glencore awards tech contract to K2Fly
Glencore has signed a contract that will see the implementation of a software as a service (SaaS) solution across 56 zinc sites in seven countries.
- Evolution growth strategy pays dividends
Evolution Mining has benefited from its sustained growth throughout the 2019 financial year, increasing the dividend provided to shareholders by 50 per cent.
- GMG aligns mining on interoperability
The Global Mining Guidelines Group (GMG) has published an interoperability alignment report with a consensus from 17 mining companies regarding the industry’s vision and direction for interoperability
- Australia’s critical minerals drive investment
Australia’s abundance of critical minerals is driving rapid advancements in computing, manufacturing, energy and transport, according to the Minerals Council of Australia.
- Capricorn makes move to develop Karlawinda
Capricorn Metals will raise $65 million to advance development of the Karlawinda gold project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Civmec contract with Fortescue to create 300 jobs
Fortescue Metals Group has awarded Civmec a contract for the delivery of the primary crushing and ore processing facility at its Eliwana iron ore project in the Pilbara.
- Barrick reveals Northern Star as Super Pit bidder
Barrick Gold has come clean about bidding for its stake in the Super Pit gold mine in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, revealing that Northern Star Resources is amongst the frontrunners.
- Humble European company focuses on Australian market
From two people in Belgium to a global supplier of industrial equipment parts, TVH has become an established part of the Australian marketplace.