- Altura Mining
- Andrew Mackenzie
- Anglo Amercian
- base metals
- Century mine
- Dacian Gold
- Doray Minerals
- feasibility study
- Fortescue Metals Group
- gold mining
- Gruyere Gold project
- iron ore
- metallurgical coal
- mt morgans
- Nev Power
- Newmont Mining
- OZ Minerals
- St Barbara
- Telfer gold mine
- United States
- Western Australia
- OceanaGold posts record $172m profit as production spikes
OceanaGold Corporation has posted record net profits for its full-year statement ending December 2017.
- Anglo American addresses Banana Shire community over Moura road blast damage
Anglo American has responded to community concerns regarding the closure of Gibihi Road in Queensland, which was damaged by a scheduled blast at the nearby Dawson mine on November 9, 2017.
- Doray Minerals completes $25m placement for exploration and mine development
Doray Minerals, which runs the Deflector gold-copper mine and Andy Well gold mine in Western Australia, has announced the successful completion of a $25 million, two-tranche placement.
- Macmahon returns to profitability due to success of new projects
Contractor Macmahon has released its first half report for 2018, posting $270m in revenue ending December 2017, up $168.3m from the previous period.
- Australia falls in Fraser Institute mining investment rankings
Australia has dropped behind Canada as the most attractive region for mining investment in the annual Fraser Institute survey of mining companies.
- Anglo continues met coal revival, studies growth options
Anglo American’s Metallurgical Coal business has continued its operational turnaround, guided by record production at three underground mines in Queensland.
- OZ Minerals well-positioned for growth in 2018 with strong ops focus
South Australian copper miner OZ Minerals has released its full-year (FY) report for 2017 with positive results all round, buoyed by a strong operational focus that chief executive officer Andrew Cole expects will continue into 2018.
- St Barbara explores new Gwalia mining strategy
Gold miner St Barbara is investigating a change in its mining and haulage methods at the historic Gwalia mine in Western Australia.
- Defunct Iron Duchess mine in SA may be turned into 90MW hydro plant
The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) is to support a $1.7 million feasibility study (FS) regarding the conversion of the disused Iron Duchess mine near Whyalla, South Australia into a 90 megawatt (MT) pumped hydro energy storage (PHES) plant.
- Primary Gold backs $37.5m Hanking takeover offer
China’s Hanking has launched a $37.5 million takeover offer for explorer Primary Gold that has been recommended by the target’s board.
- Caterpillar forms underground tech collaboration with Minetec
Caterpillar and Minetec have established a global licensing, technology development and marketing agreement targeting hard rock mining challenges.
- Australian Mines signs 100% offtake with SK for QLD cobalt project
Cobalt developer Australian Mines has signed an offtake agreement with South Korean electric vehicle (EV) battery manufacturer SK Innovation — parent SK Group is currently 95th on the Fortune Global 500 — for 100 per cent of production from the Sconi cobalt-nickel-scandium project in Queensland.
- Another Century mine contract set to be awarded
New Century Resources has chosen National Pump & Energy (NPE) and Paragon Tailings as its preferred contractors for hydraulic mining services at the Century zinc mine tailings deposit in Queensland.
- Stronger US dollar pushes gold price lower
The gold futures price fell by $US25.10 ($31.87), or 1.9 per cent, to $US1331.20/ounce in Tuesday’s trading.
- Altura schedules plant commission for Pilbara lithium project
Altura Mining has announced it is the critical plant commissioning phase of its Pilbara lithium project, with a stage two definitive feasibility study (target: 400,000 tonnes per annum) on course for completion in April 2018.
- Fortescue performance hurt by lower iron ore prices
Fortescue Metals Group has suffered a 44 per cent drop in half year profit due to lower prices for its Pilbara iron ore.
- Downer posts $155m in contracts wins
Downer this week announced $155 million in contract wins through its engineering, construction and maintenance division, including mining and energy deals with Chevron and Alcoa in Western Australia, and BHP in South Australia.
- Gaines takes over from Power as Fortescue CEO
Elizabeth Gaines has officially become the chief executive officer of Fortescue Metals Group.
- RCT signs agreement with RUC Mining for tech partnership
Smart technology company RCT has signed an agreement with mining contractor RUC Cementation Mining to deliver new technology to RUC’s Australian and international mining sites.
- BHP boosts first-half dividend as commodity prices strengthen
BHP has joined the industry trend of lifting returns to shareholders by significantly increasing its dividend for the first half of the 2018 financial year.