- Argyle mine
- battery metals
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Ian Macfarlane
- iron ore
- metallurgical coal
- mining equipment
- mining jobs
- mining technology
- Northern Minerals
- Northern Star
- Northern Star Resources
- Queensland Government
- Rio Tinto
- thermal coal
- Top News
- United States
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Cat dealer EPSA introduces standardised genset modules
Energy Power Systems Australia (EPSA) has combined over 25 years of expertise and experience to engineer a standardised generator package that delivers optimum power.
- Pogo ramp up guides Northern Star into record territory
Northern Star Resources is confident of achieving record gold production in the fourth quarter of the 2019 financial year with the ongoing ramp up at the Pogo mine in Alaska, United States.
- Leading miners back guideline for automation projects
BHP, Roy Hill and Teck Resources have helped drive a project to develop a guideline for autonomous systems in the mining industry.
- Mount Gibson restarts Koolan Island shipments to China
Mount Gibson Iron has restarted sales of high grade iron ore from its Koolan Island operation in the Kimberley region of Western Australia following an extensive flood damage in 2014.
- Komatsu’s unveils largest autonomous truck
Komatsu’s latest autonomous ultra-class haul truck has been deployed commercially at an oil sands operation in Canada.
- Echo to kickstart Yandal towards 100,000oz annual gold production
Echo Resources has confirmed the redevelopment of its Yandal gold project in Western Australia as technically robust, capable of generating $225 million over its initial mine life.
- Rio Tinto discovers rare white diamond at Argyle
Rio Tinto has revealed one of the largest gem-quality white diamonds in the 35-year history of its Argyle mine in the Kimberley, Western Australia.
- RD3 remote monitoring device for rockbreakers improves efficiency
Rammer continues to deliver innovative solutions to improve profitability, safety and performance by launching a purpose-developed RD3 remote monitoring device for its Excellence line of rockbreakers.
- Bryah jumps on manganese JV with OM Holdings
OM Holdings has executed a manganese joint venture (JV) agreement with Perth-based junior Bryah Resources as the latter purchases a mining lease comprising the historic Horseshoe South manganese mine in Western Australia.
- Northern Minerals secures $15m in funding for Browns Range
Northern Minerals is raising $15 million in funding to develop its Browns Range heavy rare earth pilot plant in Western Australia and to repay research and development costs.
- Newmont Goldcorp becomes world’s top gold producer as merger concludes
Newmont Goldcorp has finalised its merger with Goldcorp to become the world’s leading gold business just three months after securing the $US10 billion ($14 billion) takeover.
- Whitehaven enters next phase of Winchester South development
Whitehaven Coal has reached a milestone in the proposed development of the Winchester South metallurgical coal site, with the Queensland Government declaring it a coordinated project.
- Connecting your mine to the future
The digitalisation of mines is a hot topic, and one with that encompasses many technologies and beneficial outputs.
- Komatsu selects ABB for open-pit shovel milestone
Komatsu has placed its 100th air-cooled (AC) multidrive order for open-pit shovels from ABB, joining over 90 ABB AC drives already in operation on Komatsu’s customer mine sites around the world.
- Sandvik strengthens OptiMine solution with tech acquisition
Sandvik is bolstering its automation and digitalisation offering through the purchase of mining technology company Newtrax.
- The top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most read articles on the Australian Mining website over the past week, starting with contractor Ausdrill revealing illegal activity by an employee at the company.
- Fortescue cuts iron ore guidance amid surging price
Fortescue has posted a 47 per cent surge in its iron ore’s selling price upon higher benchmark iron ore prices, reaching $US71 ($98.92) a dry metric tonne.
- Yancoal explores expansion potential at NSW coal mines
Pure-play coal producer Yancoal has cited the potential for growth at its Moolarben and Mount Thorley Warkworth coal complexes in New South Wales.
- Mining a top five industry for Australian job growth
Online recruitment portal SEEK has reported the mining, resources and energy sector as one of the five biggest industries for job growth over the past year.
- Austmine 2019 focuses on the next horizon with six weeks to go
Austmine 2019, the world’s leading mining innovation conference, is set to be staged at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from May 21–23.