- Curtin University
- Fortescue Metals Group
- gr engineering
- Ian Macfarlane
- iron ore
- Panoramic Resources
- Queensland Government
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Top News
- women in mining
- QME returns to Mackay in September
For over 25 years Queensland Mining & Engineering Expo (QME) has been at the heart of the mining sector in Mackay. As Queensland returns to work following the COVID-19 shutdown this landmark exhibition will once again be held as one of the first major exhibitions to be conducted in Australia.
- Australian Mines to appoint engineering contractor by 2020
The Queensland Government is offering funding for Australian Mines to support the Sconi cobalt-nickel-scandium project in North Queensland.
- Saracen restarts Carosue Dam operations following accident
Saracen Mineral Holdings will resume processing operations at the Carosue Dam gold operations in Western Australia today, with underground and open pit activities to follow imminently.
- Central QLD records second gas ignition incident this year
Fitzroy Australia Resources has encountered a methane gas ignition at its Carborough Downs coal mine in central Queensland.
- Metso Outotec wins Lynas rare earths contract
Lynas Corporation has signalled the start of development of its Kalgoorlie rare earths processing plant in Western Australia by awarding a contract to Metso Outotec.
- Iron ore prices spike again as Brazilian coronavirus cases grow
Iron ore prices soared to nearly $US110 ($157.4) per tonne yesterday, a level not seen since August 2019.
- BHP to drive innovation with Curtin partnership
BHP and Curtin University have formed a partnership to drive research and innovation projects in the resources and energy sector, with a goal to provide it with job-ready graduates.
- Ora Banda hands Davyhurst contract to GR Engineering
GR Engineering Services has won a $10.8 million contract from Ora Banda Mining for its Davyhurst restart project in Western Australia.
- Saracen suspends operations following incident
Saracen Mineral Holdings has confirmed that a “serious incident” occurred at the Dervish gold mine in Western Australia yesterday.
- Whitehaven optimises NSW operations amid global slowdown
Whitehaven Coal expects to receive a government approval for its Vickery extension project in New South Wales in the next few weeks.
- Fortescue listed among top companies for female career advancement
Fortescue Metals Group is the only Australian company to be recognised among Parity.org’s list of Best Companies for Women to Advance this year.
- Australian operations drive Coronado performance
Coronado Global Resources’ Australian operations have given a standout performance during the June quarter.
- Pilbara Ports Authority achieves record export numbers
Pilbara Ports Authority (PPA) has reported a record annual throughput of 717.2 million tonnes for the 2019/20 financial year, thanks to a surge in exports from Port Hedland.
- Women in Industry finalists
The 2020 Women in Industry finalists have been announced, recognising the success of women in the resources industry and shining a light on these typically male dominated fields.
- New platinum extraction method to aid Kimberley projects
The Kimberley region of Western Australia could be rife with platinum resources that are yet to be developed by Panoramic Resources, according to a study that is supported by the state government.
- BHP Nickel West central to WA’s battery manufacturing mission
Western Australia could soon become lithium-ion battery cathode manufacturer, according to a Department of Industry, Innovation and Science report.
- Epiroc partners with Vale for first ‘batteries as a service’ agreement
Epiroc has signed a batteries as a service (BaaS) agreement with Vale to safely install battery plans in two of its mining operations.
- Lucas Dow steps down as Adani CEO
Adani Mining chief executive Lucas Dow has stepped down from his role as chief executive as the company prepares for operation of the Carmichael mine and rail project in Queensland.
- Thiess to offer automation in $2.5bn Lake Vermont contract extension
Thiess has won a $2.5 billion contract extension with Jellinbah Group for the Lake Vermont joint venture coal project in Queensland.
- Rio Tinto key in McConnell Dowell securing contract
McConnell Dowell has signed a design and construct contract with Queensland Alumina (QAL) thanks to its relationship with major shareholder Rio Tinto.