- Carmichael Coal mine
- electric vehicle
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gascoyne Resources
- haul truck
- Illawarra Coal
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- joint venture
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- Pilbara Minerals
- Rio Tinto
- St Barbara
- Top News
- Western Australia
- GreenGold Technology offers free ReCYN economic analysis for gold producers
GreenGold Technology has introduced a free ReCYN economic analysis for existing gold miners, helping them quantify enormous benefits for the assets.
- Chalice moves to exploit WA nickel discoveries
Chalice Gold Mines is set to secure a significant nickel sulphide exploration opportunity in the west Kimberley region of Western Australia after acquiring North West Nickel.
- Core Lithium scores positive response to NT lithium project
Emerging lithium company Core Lithium has moved a step closer to the development of its Grants deposit south of Darwin in the Northern Territory.
- Copper industry innovation needed with demand set to double
The global copper mining industry, of which Australia is a major player, faces a major challenge in being more innovative according to a US expert.
- Macmahon and GBF shake hands on $48m deal
Macmahon Holdings has confirmed that it has made a $48 million takeover offer for GBF Underground Mining.
- How Caterpillar and the Internet of Things are changing asset management
As technology continues to enhance our world, Caterpillar is constantly developing and refining advanced technologies.
- Wesfarmers’ Evol and Adaman sign LNG deal for Kirkalocka mine
Adaman Resources will power its Kirkalocka gold mine with liquefied natural gas (LNG) supplied by Wesfarmers subsidiary Evol LNG thanks to a new arrangement between the companies.
- Independence sets up Fraser Range JV with Classic
Classic Minerals has signed an earn in and joint venture (JV) agreement over its Fraser Range operations with Independence Newsearch, a wholly owned subsidiary of Independence Group.
- Rio Tinto executes first fully digital iron ore transaction
Rio Tinto and Cargill’s metal business have completed the first fully digitalised iron ore trade, using Chinsay’s intelligence contract platform (ICP).
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most read articles on the Australian Mining website over the past week, including the successful trial of an innovative haul truck.
- St Barbara set to complete $768m Atlantic Gold takeover in a month
St Barbara’s $768 million acquisition of Canadian miner Atlantic Gold is moving towards completion, with the settlement date now set for July 20.
- Pilbara Minerals to charge ahead with plans amid challenges
Pilbara Minerals has achieved record production at its Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project in Western Australia during May with its stage one plant capacity reaching 85 per cent.
- South32 lowers Illawarra coal reserve estimates
South32 has reduced its estimates of coal reserves at the Illawarra metallurgical coal project in southern New South Wales.
- Australia’s mining industry continues strong employment results
The job market within Australia’s mining and resources sector remained strong throughout the month of May this year, according to recruitment services company DFP.
- Gascoyne Resources to continue operating during administration
Voluntary administrators to Gascoyne Resources have decided to maintain operations at the Dalgaranga gold mine in Western Australia during administration.
- Intermin Resources completes merger with MacPhersons
Intermin Resources and MacPhersons Resources have finalised their plan to become a new mining company operating in the Goldfields region of Western Australia.
- Komatsu to acquire simulation supplier Immersive Technologies
Komatsu plans to acquire technology company Immersive Technologies, the world’s largest supplier of surface and underground equipment simulators.
- Australian industry bodies back Adani approval
The resources industry has welcomed the final approval of Adani’s Carmichael mine and infrastructure project.
- Rio Tinto deploys ‘world’s biggest robot’ in Pilbara
Rio Tinto has launched its landmark AutoHaul project in the Pilbara, marking the world’s first automated heavy-haul long distance rail network.
- Iron ore prices break another five-year record
Iron ore prices have reached a five-year high, breaking through the $US110 mark as the industry continues to respond to supply disruptions from Brazil.