- Australian government
- Broken Hill
- coal mine
- follow the leaders
- Geoscience Australia
- Greatland Gold
- iron ore
- Keith Pitt
- Lucapa Diamond Company
- metro mining
- NRW Holdings
- OZ Minerals
- Rio Tinto
- Sulphate of potash
- Top News
- Majors push for electric vehicle innovation
BHP, Rio Tinto and Vale have collaborated with Austmine to introduce the Charge On Innovation Challenge, an electrification competition for mine truck fleets.
- Orica seeks sale of Minova
Orica has put subsidiary Minova up for sale following hampered market conditions and the halving of overall earnings.
- GWR gives leeway in Wiluna West negotiation
GWR Group has renegotiated the mining rights agreement with iron ore producer Fe as work ramps up at the JWD deposit within the Wiluna West iron ore project in Western Australia.
- Australian Pacific Coal considers Dartbrook asset sale
Australian Pacific Coal (AQC) has received an offer from major shareholder Trepang Services to buy properties and water rights at the Dartbrook coal mine in New South Wales for $33.7 million.
- Sandvik expands rock processing solutions division
Sandvik has acquired South African-based manufacturer Kwatani, extending its rock processing solutions division, which formed in early 2021.
- Australian Government to rehabilitate historic uranium mine
The Australian Government’s 2021-22 Budget has allocated $3.5 million to rehabilitate the old Rum Jungle copper and uranium mine in the Northern Territory.
- MTG TERRA cast lips for toughest mining applications
Ground engaging tools (GET) specialist MTG has provided its TERRA cast lip to the Australian market, delivering high levels of productivity for the the harshest applications.
- Comet Resources strengthens position in bubbling copper market
Comet Resources has finalised the acquisition of several highly prospective copper assets from Bath Resources in the Northern Territory amid surging copper prices.
- Primero receives engineering design contract from Agrimin
Agrimin has awarded Primero Group with the front-end engineering design (FEED) contract for the process plant at its Mackay potash project in Queensland.
- Perenti flags salary pressures in Australian market
Perenti managing director and chief executive officer Mark Norwell has declared that the demand for Australian labour workers is putting pressure on company costs due to increased wages.
- No lull for Lucapa with 100+ carat diamond discovery
Lucapa Diamond Company has uncovered yet another 100-plus carat diamond from its Lulo alluvial diamond mine in Angola, Africa.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive appointments
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at Metro Mining, Marmota, Barra Resources and more.
- Havieron JV fast tracks project development
Greatland Gold has opened the underground decline at the Havieron gold-copper project in Western Australia.
- Study switch turns on big career in asset and maintenance management
Mackay tradie turned manager sees big demand for asset maintenance and management skillset in Australian mining and manufacturing
- Resources sector boosts federal budget spending spree
The Australian Government’s 2021-22 Budget has recognised the sector’s contribution to taxes and exports, with a future full of incentives and investment.
- Copper explorers back record price run
Two Australian companies are confident that copper prices will continue to set records, with the red metal reaching a new high of $US10,724.50 ($13,682) on the London Metal Exchange (LME) overnight
- Classic Minerals edges Kat Gap closer to production
Classic Minerals has commissioned its Gekko gold processing plant for the company’s flagship Kat Gap gold project in Western Australia.
- Carpentaria increases Hawsons foothold
Carpentaria Resources has purchased the Pure Metals’ majority share of the Hawsons iron project in New South Wales for around $4.2 million.
- OZ Minerals collaborates with Epiroc on sustainable mining project
Epiroc has led the establishment of a carbon-neutral sustainable mining initiative to enable more efficient operations.
- Iron ore price eclipses $US230/tonne
The price of seaborne iron ore has jumped to a record $US230.56 ($294.52) per tonne, just after it surpassed the $US200 per tonne mark.