- battery minerals
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- Gold Road Resources
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- National Group
- New Century Resources
- New South Wales
- Olympic Dam
- Pilbara Minerals
- Prospect Awards
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Top News
- Stavely looks to capitalise on major exploration discoveries
Stavely Minerals has launched a $19.6 million capital raising to fund fast-tracked gold and copper-gold exploration in western Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland.
- Apollo attracts Independence Group as Louisa project partner
Independence Group has joined forces with Apollo Consolidated for its early-stage Louisa project, as a farm-in and joint venture partner.
- Tianqi Lithium awards second Kwinana contract to SIMPEC
WestStar Industrial engineering contractor business SIMPEC has won a $5 million contract at Tianqi Lithium Kwinana’s lithium hydroxide process plant (LHPP) 1 processing plant in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto awards Pindan $90m construction contract
Rio Tinto has contracted integrated property and construction group Pindan to construct an operations village for its Koodaideri iron ore project in the Pilbara.
- Western Australia plots lithium royalty regime
The Western Australian Government is set to introduce a royalty arrangement for lithium producers to encourage downstream processing and manufacturing in the state.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including Fortescue Metals Group’s hunt for an expansion opportunity in Africa.
- Core Lithium expands Northern Territory foothold with acquisitions
Core Lithium has struck conditional agreements with Todd River Resources for two new projects in the Northern Territory.
- Pilbara Minerals joins forces with Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer
Pilbara Minerals has welcomed a $20 million investment by China’s largest electric vehicle manufacturer, Contemporary Amperex Technology.
- Elixir Energy to drill first coalbed methane well this weekend
Elixir Energy Limited will commence its 2019 drilling campaign at the gigantic 30,000 square kilometres Nomgon IX coalbed methane production sharing contract.
- BHP veteran spells out mining’s social challenges
While mining companies consistently work to retain their social licence, BHP Billiton’s former head of institutional and government relations Osvaldo Urzua boldly suggests the issue isn’t only reserved for miners.
- Lucapa scores $68m in diamond sales
Lucapa Diamond Company has fetched $US10.4 million ($15.5 million) in its latest sales of diamonds from the Lulo and Mothae mines in Lesotho.
- Battery Minerals to establish graphite processing JV
Battery Minerals has signed a memorandum of understanding with American graphite processing specialist Urbix.
- Magnis Energy Technologies director wins Nobel Prize
Graphite producer Magnis Energy Technologies non-executive director Michael Stanley Whittingham has been awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize in chemistry.
- AVZ gains Tanzanian backing at Manono lithium project
AVZ Minerals managing director Nigel Ferguson has met with the Tanzanian Government to advance transportation discussions for the Manono lithium and tin project.
- Westgold hits processing roadblock at Meekatharra
Westgold Resources has faced further delay to recommencing its ore processing at its Meekatharra gold operations in Western Australia.
- Prospect Award winners 2019: Glencore takes Mine of the Year
The winners of the 2019 Australian Mining Prospect Awards have been announced at Moda Events in Brisbane.
- MICROMINE gears up for growth with new chief executive
MICORMINE is set to move into its next growth phase with the appointment of chief executive officer Andrew Birch.
- AI for the assist
InEight explores why every project plan needs a boost from artificial intelligence (AI).
- Resolute may take production hit amid Syama processing issue
Resolute Mining has taken the roaster offline at its Syama gold mine in Mali, due to a crack being detected in the main external shell.
- Gruyere gold mine reaches commercial production
Gold Road Resources and Gold Fields have achieved commercial production at the Gruyere gold mine in Western Australia.