- Anglo American
- Atlas Iron
- iron ore
- materials handling
- mental health
- metallurgical coal
- Mineral Resources
- Minerals Council of Australia
- Northern Star
- NRW Holdings
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Queensland Government
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- St Barbara
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Curtin opens doors to metals research lab
Curtin University has opened a research and teaching hub at the Western Australian School of Mines in Kalgoorlie to accelerate understanding of sustainable solutions for the resources sector.
- LIVINWell tour to boost mental health education in students
The Gold Industry Group and LIVIN will aim to empower Australian students to speak up and provide practical tools on mental health when their third national tour starts this month.
- BHP targets Mount Keith ramp up
BHP has set itself to expand production by 40 per cent at its Mount Keith nickel mine in Western Australia, with a new SAG mill, flotation technology and two new Liebherr excavators.
- Atlas Iron hires Primero for Miralga Creek
Atlas Iron has awarded Primero a four-year crushing services contract for the Miralga Creek iron ore project in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto, BHP plug into Komatsu zero-emission haulage plans
Rio Tinto and BHP have joined forces with Komatsu to create and commission zero emission haulage solutions.
- Minnovare, LiveMine combine for client-driven collaboration
Minnovare and LiveMine have partnered their drill optimisation technologies, streamlining the recording and management of data for their customers.
- Unearthing excellence with Ahrens’ mining capabilities
Ahrens’ continue to demonstrate leadership in the delivery of mining infrastructure solutions.
- There’s more to mining at Anglo’s Dawson operation
Anglo American has taken part in a new campaign at its Dawson coal mine in Queensland, advocating for land rehabilitation and responsible mining.
- Primero to process ore for Savannah restart
Panoramic Resources has awarded Primero Group with a three-year processing contract at the Savannah nickel mine in Western Australia.
- Further funding cuts lead times for QLD exploration
The Queensland Government has awarded 16 companies with a share in over $2.5 million for the fifth round of its Collaborative Exploration Initiative.
- OZ creates value, relationships in South Australia
OZ Minerals has trialled hydrogen direct injection for improved drill rig efficiency at its Prominent Hill copper-gold mine in South Australia, among other enhancements to its operations.
- Northern Star expands Thunderbox with GR Engineering contract
Northern Star Resources has awarded GR Engineering Services a $101 million engineering, procurement and construction contract at the Thunderbox gold operations in Western Australia.
- BHP charges up Nickel West with clean energy
BHP has planned to install two solar farms and a battery storage system to power the Mt Keith and Leinster mines at its Nickel West operations in Western Australia.
- METS revenue suffers but hope remains: Austmine survey
Austmine has surveyed hundreds of Australian METS companies to find more than half of businesses suffered a decrease in revenue, while the major projects pipeline is worth $334 billion.
- New records for MinRes despite labour shortage
Mineral Resources has lamented hard border closures in Western Australia that caused labour shortages for the company and affected its ability to freight iron ore.
- QCoal chooses Mastermyne to restart Cook Colliery
QCoal Group has selected Mastermyne to re-commence underground operations at the Cook Colliery metallurgical coal mine in Central Queensland.
- TasRail shiploader contract critical for resource industry
TasRail is finalising negotiations with Tasmanian company COVA Haywards to design and construct its new bulk minerals shiploader at the Burnie Port to boost productivity in the state’s mining industry.
- FLSmidth splashes out for thyssenkrupp mining business
FLSmidth has agreed to purchase thyssenkrupp’s Mining Technologies business for €325 million to create a pit to plant technology solution with a sustainable focus.
- St Barbara steady as Gwalia offsets Simberi
St Barbara had a largely positive June quarter at the Gwalia gold mine in Western Australia, as mill throughput hit five-year highs, while mining can now recommence at its Papua New Guinea (PNG) operation.
- Pilbara Minerals continues million-tonne mission
Pilbara Minerals has responded to strong demand for spodumene concentrate with record sales and shipments from its Pilgangoora lithium project.