- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Decipher assists with insurance process for tailings storage facilities
Decipher has created a tailings storage facility cloud solution to help mining companies improve governance, monitoring, reporting and disclosure of tailings data.
- Getting chartered reinforces why good engineering matters
For Alexandra Radulovich, getting chartered has helped make clear how important engineering can be.
- JSW pioneers application of advanced drilling technology
JSW Australia has joined forces with technology innovator Intelligent Drilling Applications & Technology, and German manufacturers Bauer and BBURG to emerge as a contender in the drilling technology realm.
- Crusader Hose dewaters Lihir gold mine in PNG
A project to expand Newcrest Mining’s Lihir gold mine in Papua New Guinea proved challenging due to a high water table. To reduce the water level in the pit, Crusader Hose was brought in to provide a dewatering solution.
- LTC solar lighting wins in remote locations
In remote mining locations around Australia there are many logistical difficulties. One of them is lighting up operational areas where there is no mains power available or it is expensive and difficult to provide.
- Kal Tire Ultra Repair slashes mining’s environmental footprint
Repairing damaged off-the-road tyres from mining vehicles has historically been limited to traditional repair methods with many repairable tyres often discarded to landfill. Kal Tire discusses the steps it is taking to save hundreds of tyres from going to waste.
- Unearthing next generation hard rock solutions
Keech Australia has supplied products to the mining industry for than 80 years, with the Australian-made KOBRA series of cast lips making their way to the market earlier this year.
- New generation Dugless 903 provides more efficiency, less hassle
The Minprovise Dugless 903 mini loader draws on the merits of the previous award-winning model, while improving its efficiency, reliability and overall design.
- Solution found through Decipher software for tailings facility data disclosure
Over the past 20 years there has been a series of tailings storage facility failures, but the devastating failure of Brazil’s Brumadinho tailings storage facility in January 2019, which took 270 people’s lives, was the tipping point for the industry.
- Prospect Awards: National Group Australian Mine of the Year
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards National Group Australian Mine of the Year award recognises an outstanding Australian mine. This category is chosen from the finalists in both Hard Rock Mine of the Year and Coal Mine of the Year.
- Prospect Awards: CRC Mine Manager of the Year
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards CRC Mine Manager of the Year award recognises an individual who has led a mine to success.
- Prospect Awards: Austmine Innovative Mining Solution
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards Austmine Innovative Mining Solution award recognises a mine, company, or project that has developed a unique mining solution.
- Vibrating screen maintenance 101
Just like changing a car’s oil is necessary for smooth operation, preventative maintenance can help operations avoid unplanned breakages and downtime. As a key part of almost any processing operation, vibrating screens deserve special attention.
- Nickel and copper rich sulphide zone discovered by Galileo
Galileo Mining has announced promising assay results following recent diamond drilling at the company’s Lantern prospect in the Fraser Range nickel belt of Western Australia.
- Prospect Awards: CDE Mining Minerals Processing of the Year
Australian Mining is proud to announce the finalists for the 2020 Australian Mining Prospect Awards. The Australian Mining Prospect Awards CDE Mining Minerals Processing of the Year award recognises a mine, company, or project that has developed or carried out an innovative or unique minerals processing program that increased efficiency, productivity, or safety. “We’re delighted … Continue reading Prospect Awards: CDE Mining Minerals Processing of the Year
- Prospect Awards: ifm Excellence in Industrial Internet of Things Application
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards ifm efactor Excellence in IIoT award recognises an outstanding implementation of IIoT that enhances mining and minerals processing operations.
- More pink for the Pilbara
Around 660 square metres of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) conveyor guards for three conveyors have been produced and installed at a major iron ore operation in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Prospect Awards: Metso Outotec Excellence in Environmental Management
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards Metso Outotec Excellence in Environmental Management award recognises a mine, company, or project that has developed or carried out an innovative, environmentally focused program.
- Prospect Awards: Epiroc Contract Miner of the Year
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards Epiroc Contract Miner of the Year Award recognises excellence in contract mining, engineering, projects, and services.
- Work opportunities emerge in Gunnedah
Relocating to a town that is more than just liveable could overcome the challenges that accompany fly-in, fly-out rosters. Australian Mining looks at the business and employment prospects in Gunnedah, New South Wales.