- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Quantum technology provides solace for explorers
More exploration technologies are being developed to unlock Australia’s hidden deposits. Australian Mining speaks with CSIRO about a popular technology that is opening up possibilities.
- Securing the future workforce of Australian mining
How are mining’s job prospects shaping up in the face of an economic slowdown? Vanessa Zhou explores the opportunities with Alcoa, Gold Industry Group and Australia’s minerals councils.
- Becoming maintenance masters under Macmahon’s wing
Workplace flexibility is increasingly attractive to the next generation of workers. Macmahon is developing maintenance crews with the desire to go from site to site through its Mining Maintenance Masters program.
- Can ScandiVanadium follow Greatland Gold’s Paterson Province footsteps?
Investors are rushing into gold stocks as the precious metal continues to hit new highs. The gold price is now above $2000 per ounce, for the first time ever, and it seems to have plenty more in the tank with forecasters tipping a rise to $US3000 ($4124) per ounce within a year.
- ILA distributes HALO Solutions across Australasia
Innovative Lighting Australia (ILA) is the authorised master distributor for HALO Solutions in the Australasian region.
- Understanding the impact of blast-hole deviation
Minnovare has responded to the problems caused by blast-hole deviation with its Production Optimiser system.
- The crossroads of South Australia’s copper industry
South Australia has a rich history of copper mining, dating back to the 1840s when Cornish miners and their families poured into hubs such as Burra, Kapunda and Moonta to partake in the copper boom.
- Get your 2020 Prospect Award nominations in
Nominations for the 2020 Australian Mining Prospect Awards, which celebrate the best of the best in Australia’s mining industry are now open.
- When only genuine will do, AllightSykes delivers
Perkins engines have been powering machinery used in the mining, construction, agriculture and utilities industries since 1932. With AllightSykes as the company’s Australian distributor since 2007, Perkins has a strong presence in mining operations down under.
- Metso Outotec merger sets up future expansion
Metso has officially merged its minerals business with Outotec to form a new company which aims to become an industry leader across the minerals, aggregates, metals refining and recycling industries.
- Flexco tungsten tips small part of larger conveyor puzzle
Tungsten carbide tips used in conveyor belt cleaning systems are one of the best materials to create a long-term cleaning option for conveyors. Flexco explains how to find the perfect balance between durability and usability when manufacturing its tungsten carbide tips for hard rock mines.
- How mining companies can build more resilient supply chains
With the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak catching multiple companies and entire industries off guard, it might be time for mining companies to re-assess their supply chain risks and build more resilience. Tara Hamid writes.
- A natural choice for powering mining’s future
Gold Fields and OZ Minerals are two companies spearheading the mining sector’s move to renewable energy. Vanessa Zhou speaks with executives from both companies about their ambitions.
- SEW-Eurodrive on the importance of the Prospect Awards
Coal from Australian mines powers the lives of millions across the country each day, and SEW-Eurodrive is pledging its support across all facets of the nation’s coal industry.
- Automate with a human touch
Mining operations can reap huge benefits from automating their drill and blast operations, but Drilledge says workforces must have the right amount of expertise to take full advantage of the technology.
- Opening doors for Australia’s Indigenous miners
As Australia’s mining industry fortifies itself as the backbone of the nation’s economy, major resources companies and Aboriginal-owned contractors look to strengthen the presence of Indigenous workers in the industry.
- Remote WA mine enjoys high-speed internet with Vocus solution
A Vocus network connectivity solution has helped boost coverage and speed at Minjar Gold’s remote Southern Cross mine in Western Australia.
- Pilbara iron ore mine site chooses HDPE over steel
A new conveyor guarding project at a major iron ore mine in the Pilbara region of Western Australia aims to increase safety for mining personnel.
- National Group edges closer to fully autonomous drilling
The National Group comprises of leading companies in the mining, resources, transport and logistics industries. Through Wolff Mining, the National Group has expanded its range of semi-autonomous equipment, with plans to implement fully autonomous drills in the near future.
- Pilbara drives Flender Australia’s WA expansion
With more than 1200 drives installed in the Western Australian mining market, Flender Australia is expanding with a new, purpose-built facility.