- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- CBC-NTN housed units: An all-in-one solution to keep operations rolling
CBC, in conjunction with bearing specialist company, NTN, provides a unique bearing-housing-sealing arrangement that works to ensure maximum protection for the bearing and lubrication.
- Augmented reality modernises technical support in manufacturing
Machine downtime hurts. It hurts productivity and profits – and it causes frustration. Every minute that slips by with a machine unable to operate negatively impacts the bottom line.
- Take your pulse: Three ways vibrating screen diagnostics help your bottom line
Mining and aggregates producer need reliable equipment. Unplanned maintenance and inefficient equipment can reduce productivity and negatively affect profits. That’s why more and more turn to diagnostics to prevent issues with operational efficiency.
- MRA’s smart stockyard management system improves mine to port efficiency
As mining product stockpiles across the world rise steadily, companies are faced with the challenge of balancing the benefits provided by maintaining stockpiles, such as guarding against supply fluctuations, while also managing costs associated with stockyard management.
- Epirez products fill the gap in mining plants, literally
When it comes to purchasing and installing valuable capital equipment, maximising its longevity and trouble-free operation should always be the end goal. This starts with ensuring a suitable foundation is in place.
- Bridgestone shares the benefit of Topy wheels
Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia has been providing mining operations with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) approved Topy wheels for more than 30 years.
- How going mobile can optimise a mine
Upgrading from a voice-based fleet management system to an automated mobile solution enables mine managers to gain critical efficiencies across their site, resulting in a positive effect on their operations bottom line.
- Best safety practices for storing and handling lubricants at mine sites
One of the more challenging tasks to maintain on a mine site is the safe storage and handling of lubricants and greases.
- Compressed air guidelines for varying production levels
Understanding the implications of these business shifts for compressed-air installations (the powerhouse behind a facility’s production) is key for ensuring that compressors remain functional and efficient.
- Proactive geotechnical advice to save mine operators millions
Cartledge Mining and Geotechnics principal consultant Tim Cartledge explains why forward-thinking geotechnical design can lead to considerable cost savings for mining companies.
- Beating the abrasion game: New solutions to old problems
A mineral processing plant in Western Australia was able to avoid replacing its stainless-steel waste gas venturi control doors and triple their useful life with the help of a new coating compound.
- RPMGlobal helps companies move into the digital era
With the mining industry transitioning to a digital environment focussed on safety, optimisation and efficiency, RPMGlobal chief executive officer Richard Mathews explains how his company’s technology can help mining companies accelerate their progress.
- CBC and Gates solution is the perfect mix for Australian manufacturer
When CBC Australia Gladstone branch technical sales representative James Darrach noticed his customer had repeat orders for the same belt in short intervals, it raised a flag. He wanted to propose a better drive solution.
- Vega taps into new opportunities
Vega Australia has expanded its product range to cater to all facets of the mining industry, ensuring companies have access to quality level measurement for gases, liquids and solids.
- The connected mine: A strategy for success
When one major mining company underwent digital transformation, it achieved results that would be the envy of most mines.
- Minprovise processes a total package future
With Minprovise’s all-encompassing skills in minerals processing, it is no surprise that the company is chasing a bigger goal: to be an end-to-end solution provider.
- Bat Booth 2.0 cuts virus risk with automatic fever checks
In just 15 seconds, the new unit tests body temperature, de-dusts workers to help prevent hazards such as coal workers pneumoconiosis (CWP) and silicosis, sends alerts and reports to dashboards.
- Increase efficiency, mitigate risk with a single source of document truth
Your Outlook inbox, the network project (P:) drive, your company’s FTP site, a SharePoint folder and Dropbox. What do all these things have in common?
- The convenience of one provider with pay-as-you-need flexibility
The mining lifecycle has different phases, but there’s no need to chop and change between mining software providers if junior explorers choose the right partner.
- Six benefits of renting your cleaning equipment
If you’re planning to add some cleaning machines to your toolkit, you’ll first need to decide whether you want to buy, finance, or rent your equipment.