- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Road-mapping demonstrates value in copper investment
New technologies for finding and accessing copper resources will dominate discussion at Adelaide’s Copper to the World conference in June.
- Retaining human assets key to staying ahead of the game
When various industries are caught in the debate of who’s responsible for staff upskilling, mining services provider Minprovise has gone further to solve the dilemma.
- Australia’s key projects and mine expansions
With Australian mining poised for growth, what are the major operations on the horizon for the industry? Australian Mining finds out.
- The power of knowledge management
Knowledge management is encompassed by a multidisciplinary approach to achieving organisational objectives by understanding the influence and power of organisational knowledge.
- Controlling the safety risks of tyre management
Mine site tyre management presents a series of safety concerns that must be mitigated to avoid injury. Ben Creagh explores how Kal Tire approaches this priority.
- Combatting skills shortages head on
Leading miners, METS companies and universities discuss how Australia is solidifying a record year in 2018 by adding more talent into the field.
- Shared facility may be copper’s future
A smelter and refinery to be shared among South Australian copper companies is an idea with significant potential benefits.
- A clean brake for mining
The Hilliard Corporation’s BrakeBoss hydraulic control system and integrated brakes are delivering real benefits to mining.
- A Hellyer of a time arrives in Tasmania
Previous owners, present management and the Tasmanian Government have all played a role in waking up the Hellyer gold operations.
- Connecting your mine to the future
The digitalisation of mines is a hot topic, and one with that encompasses many technologies and beneficial outputs.
- Independence Group CEO talks technology at Austmine 2019
Utilising innovative technology to fast-track both the exploration and exploitation of mining sites is the key to success in the modern age, according to Independence Group (IGO) managing director and CEO, Peter Bradford.
- The new gold standard: How GreenGold is recycling cyanide and recovering dissolved metals
Cyanide gets a bad rap but it’s still mining’s go-to solvent. GreenGold hopes its ReCYN process helps to change the chemical’s image.
- Bauma 2019: mining solutions showcased to the world (part two)
Australian Mining ventured into the global mining and construction marketplace last week by attending Bauma, the world’s largest construction trade fair in Munich, Germany.
- Bauma 2019: mining solutions showcased to the world (part one)
Australian Mining ventured into the global mining and construction marketplace last week by attending Bauma, the world’s largest construction trade fair in Munich, Germany. The 2019 event drew more than 620,000 visitors from over 200 countries, the best results in the exhibition’s 65-year history in both areas. Australia, with China and Japan, delivered the strongest … Continue reading Bauma 2019: mining solutions showcased to the world (part one)
- Industry funds foster METS collaboration
Seven engineering and technology companies have been granted significant financial awards totalling $4.1 million through METS Ignited’s project funding program.
- Orica discusses blasting technology at Austmine 2019
For market leading explosives provider Orica, technical innovations in the mining sector are presenting an incredible array of opportunities and growth.
- Australian miners’ refreshing approach to renewables
Considering the lack of carbon policy in Australia, the mining sector’s drive to integrate renewables into its power mix is refreshing proof that going green is now simply smart business.
- Delivering on mining’s future potential
The launch of a new statement on how to harness Australia’s potential in the resources industry could mark an important shift for mining.
- Fire threat on the rise at mine sites
FM Global group manager, account engineering Mike Beaumont tells Australian Mining about how companies can manage risks caused by fires at mine sites.
- Columbus Group builds the path less travelled
The company is noted for the imagination of its mining solutions and it shows no signs of slowing down. Next on the agenda? 3D printing.