- The pros and cons of extending oil drain intervals in hydraulics
Over recent years there has been a growing trend within the mining industry to extend oil drainage intervals (ODI) beyond the original equipment manufacturer (OEM)-recommended service intervals.
- Improving management of gas monitoring equipment
Ampcontrol discusses its recommendations surrounding process, procedure and validation of gas monitoring equipment after concerns were raised in Queensland.
- Meet the ifm expert – Freddie Coertze
Meet expert Freddie Coertze, the Product Manager of Industrial Communications at ifm. Freddie talks about why he loves being part of ifm’s family culture and working with such high quality products.
- Lepidico’s L-Max technology maximises mica’s lithium potential
Lepidico is making waves in the lithium industry with its L-Max technology, which can extract valuable battery-grade lithium chemicals from previously ignored mica sources.
- An interconnected future
Industry 4.0 is something of a hot topic at the moment. From mining to manufacturing, it’s appearing everywhere. For the Drive and Control company Bosch Rexroth and the Bosch Group overall, it is something more than the buzzword du jour.
- The drive to succeed
Bosch Rexroth is no stranger to materials handling in the mining and resources sector; whether it is stackers, reclaimers, conveyors, feeders or ship loaders, the company takes rightful pride in all its products being applicable for assorted equipment.
- XLR® POWERED Engine Air Intake Precleaner & Pre-Filtration Technology
Worlds first and only XLR® (Extra Low Restriction) Engine Air In- take Powered Precleaner and Pre- Filtration Technology!
- The Rockstarter revolution
Ampcontrol’s Rockstarter is a multifunction outlet starter designed for use in underground hard rock mining.
- KableX delivers an alternative to mining’s cable sector
KableX, a new cable specialist, has been endorsed by AusProof to deliver an advancement in technology and a contemporary service approach.
- The gain and pain in extending oil drain intervals in hydraulic systems
Oil drain intervals (ODI) have generally been pre-determined by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and designed as such to provide protection to compartments based on a wide variety of conditions.
- Bowen Basin Mining Club director on the importance of industry awards
The biannual Queensland Mining Awards will be held this month, co-hosted by the Bowen Basin Mining Club (BBMC) and the Queensland Resources Council (QRC).
- Battery metals – the hottest commodities right now
The commodities industry downturn from 2013-2016 had a massive effect on companies in Australia and around the globe – with most mining companies going into survival mode.
- Australian METS target mining’s next horizon
The mining industry continues to experience improved market conditions as we move to the midway point of 2018.
- RESPA® & Q-CABAIR™ Precleaner + Filtration + Pressurisation Technology for Enclosed Cabins & Enclosures
Avoid expensive HVAC Component failure, choked Evaporators of in Operator Cabins and dust in Electrical Enclosures.
- Dust suppression nozzles: Spray nozzles for dust control
Dust is a major problem at many mining and quarry operation. It can cause health problems, and damage equipment. In addition, it reduces visibility and makes working difficult. Bulk visibility is one of the measurements OSHA and many other international and state safety departments use to determine if dust is not being adequately controlled.
- The creation of a new image for mining
Mining companies have focused on developing a more positive image for the industry in recent years, Deloitte’s Ian Sanders tells Australian Mining.
- Keeping equipment quiet
STAUFF is pleased to present the patented concept of NRC clamps (Noise Reduction Clamps) for reducing noise and vibration in installations of pipes and tubes with outside diameters between 6 and 88.9 mm or ¼ to 3 ½“.
- Diamonds to go: the lab-made alternative
Lab-grown diamonds are becoming an increasingly viable alternative to their mined counterparts.
- Always Warman 80 years on
The Warman Pump is celebrating 80 years as a global leader in the mining industry. Here, we retell the history of this innovative brand known around the world.
- New pathways for Mining Leaders Program
The University of Queensland has added to its innovative Mining Leaders Program (MLP), offering for the first time the opportunity to receive credit towards the Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership.