- Mapping the mine with 3D printing
3D Systems and BCA Consulting combined forces on an ambitious client venture to 3D print a mine map that could be broken down by project phases.
- Boart Longyear: Engineering ideas
Boart Longyear’s global engineering and drilling services teams are uniquely intertwined. Australian Mining finds out what the company’s approach brings to drilling innovation.
- Hail Victoria: The new five-year state plan for mining
Australian Mining looks over the latest mineral resources strategy from the Victorian Government, which aims for a spend of $220 million over the next five years.
- The modern day demands of company shareholders
Many shareholders felt hard-done-by during the commodities downturn. They responded by expecting more from mining companies.
- Schenck Process sets new screen standards
Schenck Process has designed and built the largest double deck flat screen in the company’s range.
- The future of automation: Watch Sandvik’s self-driving mining loader navigate a glass labyrinth
When Sandvik took its next-generation automated loader for a spin through a literal maze of glass, results shattered expectations. But thankfully nothing else.
- KableX delivers an alternative to mining’s cable sector
KableX, a new cable specialist, has been endorsed by AusProof to deliver an advancement in technology and a contemporary service approach.
- Bollé Safety launches new TRYON range of safety glasses
Bollé Safety has launched a new range of safety glasses, the Tryon range, reflecting the company’s mantra that “vision has no limits”.
- Sandvik positions mining companies for underground automation
Sandvik has established its ‘3 Pillar Framework’ for automation, which provides efficient monitoring and accurate reporting of data, smart management systems and intelligent machines equipped with systems like AutoMine and OptiMine.
- Miller’s exclusive welding technology ArcReach arrives in Australia
Don’t walk, weld — that’s how Miller sum up the benefits of their smart, state-of-the-art multi-process welding machine, the XMT 350 FieldPro.
- Synertrex: IIoT in the mining industry
In our digitally connected world, technology is increasingly impacting and driving most industrial sectors, including mining.
- SMC services the mining industry
With a firm understanding of mineral processing and quarrying applications the world over, SMC remains a leading a supplier to the industry.
- Delivering on new prospects for mining
The 2018 Australian Mining Prospect Awards will take place this year at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Thursday, October 18, 2018. The event, now in its 15th year, celebrates the best and brightest of Australia’s world-renowned mining industry across 13 sponsored award categories.
- Reducing glare at mine sites
Lighting solution specialist HELLA responded to the lighting challenges in the mining industry by developing solutions to reduce potentially dangerous levels of glare from headlights.
- The unbreakable bond between oil and steel
While it might sound like the title to a heavy metal song, the unbreakable bond between oil and steel is very real and an indicator of how the global economy is trending.
- Connectivity: Enabling mining’s digital transformation
Austmine talks to its collaborative partners and members about how the Australian mining industry is becoming a digital environment.
- Usability the key focus for Micromine 2018 latest release
MICROMINE has released the latest version of its leading exploration and 3D mine design solution, Micromine 2018 Service Pack 2 to clients, which is available to download now.
- Roy Hill’s culture of collaboration
Collaboration is at the core of Roy Hill’s relationships with its contractors and suppliers. The success of the Roy Hill iron ore operation has relied on many factors, including relationships with mining services companies like Kal Tire.
- Cat dealer Hastings Deering talks the latest tech trends
Jason Smith, general manager for mining sales at Queensland-based Cat dealer Hastings Deering, discusses the latest equipment and technology trends with Australian Mining. The mining equipment sector experienced a lift in optimism in 2017 that has gathered momentum so far this year. Buoyed by the increasing health of coal and base metals prices, Queensland has … Continue reading Cat dealer Hastings Deering talks the latest tech trends
- Meet the ifm experts – Hao Yang
Meet Hao Yang, internal sales manager with ifm. Hao loves working with a company that is a family business with loyal employees and also loyal long-term customers.