- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Communication pivotal to RINGSPANN’s success
RINGSPANN has set high ambitions for growth in Australia with the company aiming to expand by 25 to 30 per cent by 2025. The company tells Australian Mining about its plans.
- A breath of fresh air in a challenging market
Atlas Copco’s range of innovative products and services have continued to meet the demands of Australia’s mining industry despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Diacon delivers versatile conveyor guards
Diacon Australia pioneered its plastic conveyor guarding solutions more than 20 years ago and the company continues to offer a safer and more convenient option to steel alternatives.
- Elphinstone drives underground vehicle expertise deeper
Major Caterpillar OEM Elphinstone continues to deliver innovative and reliable underground support vehicles for hard rock mining after 45 years.
- Bridging the mine connectivity gap
Mine operators are constantly hit by unique challenges that create a number of network technology barriers which affect their operational efficiency. Aqura Technologies has developed an innovative solution to help companies in this area.
- An unspoken pioneer of resources communications
The development and integration of private long-term evolution networks across Australia’s resources sector has been a major work-in-progress for the industry. Challenge Networks is best-in-class to change that.
- A guide to gland packing selection and installation
It’s easy to disregard the importance of humble components such as gland packings in multi-million-dollar mining equipment. After all, these are among products that are truly cherished only when something goes wrong.
- Copper heats up as global demand spikes
While gold mergers and acquisitions were the talk of the town last year, copper activity has been spiralling upwards in the background. Nickolas Zakharia writes.
- Real-time dust monitoring on haul roads
Acoem Ecotech has launched an environmental monitoring system that pinpoints dust hotspots on haul roads. It is the latest technology to bolster the mining industry’s dust suppression system.
- Materials handling equipment goes on a smart automation journey
MRA has helped keep the heart of Australia’s coal industry beating with smart systems to automate, protect and optimise the performance of large-scale stockyard equipment and ship loaders.
- DYNA delivers rock-solid conveyor guarding
DYNA Engineering’s high-density polyethylene plastic conveyor guards provide all the benefits and more of the older steel alternatives, but in a more robust, lighter and sustainable package.
- VEGA provides accurate water levels at Mesa A
VEGA’s Advanced sensing technologies have abolished a longstanding issue faced by many mining operators: the inaccuracy of water level readings in water carts.
- Scalable is saleable in data management solutions
The resources sector is about much more than digging dirt from the ground and processing ore; it’s built upon the foundations of numerous niche organisations who maximise efficiency and productivity across the industry.
- Stainless steel pumps emerge in mining environments
No water is too alkaline or acidic for Xylem’s range of stainless steel pumps. Xylem business development manager Kerrin Foster shares mining situations that will benefit from the company’s product innovation.
- Eloise Copper mine finds reliable conveying solution through CBC
A trustworthy conveyor drive was what Eloise Copper mine’s maintenance team was looking for when it consulted CBC’s experts in July last year.
- National Group meets mine growth ambitions
National Group has delivered Caterpillar equipment that’s ready to tackle challenging activities at a Blackwater mine in Queensland. Cat 775G service trucks and 24 motor graders make the list.
- Sparking change through electrification
The Electric Mine Consortium combines mining companies, equipment manufacturers and technology developers with aspirations to establish a carbon neutral and advanced industry in the future. Nickolas Zakharia writes.
- Alfa Laval highlights tailings dewatering innovation at Austmine 2021
Alfa Laval Australia mining & minerals key account manager, Paul Tuckwell, shares the capabilities of the company’s solid bowl centrifuges in overcoming challenges associated with the filtration and operation of tailings dams.
- Flexibore 400 withstands more pressure than fibreglass pipe
Crusader Hose has helped keep Australia’s largest iron ore mines operating by releasing a layflat hose that boasts the highest pressure capacity in the world.
- Northern Territory: More than a pot of gold
The Northern Territory is emerging as a producer of key minerals that are valuable to the world’s transition to a low carbon economy. TNG and Glencore discuss the role they will play.