- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Komatsu diversifies in Western Australia with BHP deal
Australian Mining speaks with Komatsu Australia chief executive Sean Taylor about what an agreement to deploy haul trucks at BHP’s South Flank project means for the company and Western Australia.
- SMC offers smart positioning for mining
The tough operating conditions in the mines require constant innovation. SMC is committed to developing robust products which suit the production environment and answer the customer call for products which are easy to install, reliable, easy to maintain and robust enough to withstand the elements of their mining application.
- Pushing mining onto an innovative pathway
Advitech uses its knowledge in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and manufacturing to develop solutions that improve mining operations.
- Four things lithium miners should look for when selecting a tech partner
As the world creates modern renewable energy storage solutions, adopts more portable electronics and continues the conversion of fuelled vehicles to electric vehicles, the global demand for lithium-ion batteries will continue to surge.
- Unearthing greater opportunities with Total Oil Australia
Total continues to significantly invest its resources into research and development of their lubricant products designed for the mining, earthmoving and civil construction sectors.
- REMA TIP TOP’s market offensive in Australia
In July 2019, REMA TIP TOP opened the Brisbane Centre of Excellence as its east coast surface protection hub, extending on the expertise of its Western Australia surface protection operations in Perth.
- Fortescue fosters a new era of conveyor monitoring
Fortescue Metals Group is leading the way in monitoring the health of its conveyor assets, introducing a new paperless inspection system.
- Lokset long-term integrity: A history of reliability
The oldest reference Minova has for Lokset resin anchors were the strengthening of the London Heathrow Airport road access tunnel in 1963 to allow heavy jets to land.
- New Lift Assist arm drives safety efficiencies at Mt Owen
Thiess’ Hunter Valley-based Mt Owen team has collaborated with local company, Nivek Industries, to take the heavy lifting out of daily maintenance operations.
- Fleet management: 30 years of METS sector transformation
Austmine talks to several of its member companies about how fleet management services have evolved in the three decades since the founding of the industry body.
- Withstanding harsh environments
As mining companies look to cut costs and reduce downtime associated with machinery, Gates offers the market its Predator V belts.
- Future mining professionals wanted
When only eight students signed up to study first-year mining engineering at Western Australia’s Curtin University last year, alarm bells went off.
- Learning from the past to build successful projects
Mining companies are taking a different approach with the latest wave of capital projects that aims to avoid the mistakes made during the boom.
- Maintenance: 30 years of METS sector transformation
Austmine talks to its member groups to find out how maintenance in the METS sector has changed in the past three decades.
- Strata Worldwide launches new leaky feeder solution for mining industry
Strata Worldwide, global leader in mine safety and communications, has unveiled DigitalBRIDGE Plus+, a new solution to improve existing leaky feeder systems by digitising the network and expanding connectivity capacity in the mining and tunnelling industries.
- Proleum branches out into above ground fuel storage tanks
Proleum, an Australian owned and operated company dedicated to the provision of specialist products and services to the oil, gas and mining industries, has recently responded to the demands of its clients and the market by introducing a range of above ground fuel storage tanks.
- Hydraulic cylinder rod hard chrome plating explained
It’s uncomfortable to think about, but the thin, shiny surface layer of your hydraulic cylinder rod is all that stands between you and failure.
- Preserving Australia’s sacred culture
Indigenous Australians are increasingly being offered a presence and integral roles at Australia’s most prominent mining operations.
- Hastings Deering simplifyies component repair options
Hastings Deering has developed a range of component repair options, tailored towards the unique circumstances of the mining and construction industries.
- World record blaster makes Australian mark
By recently extending the world record for the most electronic detonators in a single blast, BME has set a new mark in Australia.