- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- The circle of (a mineral’s) life
What else apart from the obvious could mined products be used for once they reach end consumers? The Minerals Council of Australia presents the less-thought-of everyday things.
- A software specialist for plant turnarounds
As oil and gas companies face increased pressure to maximise equipment efficiency, InEight has responded with software that minimises cost surprises and asset downtime.
- A new era of mine safety becomes reality
Mining companies are capitalising on the ability to conduct training simulation and planned maintenance through virtual reality software.
- The most dangerous software in mining business
Quick question, what’s the most dangerous piece of software a mining company can use? If you answered spreadsheets, you’d be right.
- The importance of safe material and equipment storage
Materials need to be stored and organised safely on-site to minimise the risks of potentially life-threatening incidents.
- What does BHP look for in a supplier?
For suppliers, partnering with a company like BHP is the ultimate goal. And now, BHP’s group procurement officer Sundeep Singh has revealed what it takes to be a supplier for the company.
- Mining’s digital ‘sweet spot’
As mining companies face increased pressure to optimise operations, industrial software company AVEVA is perfectly placed to provide the next wave of innovative solutions.
- Do you put road functionality before safety?
Mine haul roads and the management of traffic across mine site operations can present a significant risk to site personnel and visitors.
- Veolia serves water treatment needs of mining sector
Veolia Water Technologies is the world leader in water treatment. It offers a full range of services for the needs of mining industries.
- Space: Mining’s final frontier
As the pressure to shift from non-renewable to renewable resources spreads across the industry, the outer space presents an infinite reserve of highly-valued elements.
- Remembering John Emerson’s contribution to mining
John Emerson, who sadly passed away unexpectedly in August, has been recognised for his achievements in mining with the BGC Contracting Contribution to Mining honour.
- Minnovare optimises production for leading gold miners
The advanced technology company has rapidly established its Production Optimiser system in the gold Industry over the past 18 months by collaborating with the sector’s leading companies.
- Emerging engineering company gains momentum
As Australian mining companies become more reliant on durable equipment, NSE Group’s engineers have made strides in a domestic market traditionally dominated by overseas manufacturers.
- Mangoola CHPP innovation boosts safety record
For a site that has not sustained a lost time injury in the eight years since operations started, Glencore’s Mangoola CHPP in the Hunter Valley has developed one safety innovation that stands out above all.
- Safe mining reels manufactured in Australia
Local industrial reel users are turning to Reel Tech, an Australian company with more than 30 years’ experience in fluid handling, and its Pit Bull range of mining reels and safer reeling solutions.
- National Group stages a battle of the beasts
Have you ever seen a dump truck race a Supercar? If not, don’t fret, because for the first time in a show of partnership between National Group and the Mobil 1 MEGA Racing team, an event of this magnitude has become a reality.
- Century mine enters next phase of operations
New Century Resources head of corporate affairs and social responsibility Shane Goodwin recalls the surprise of a phone call in the weeks leading up to the 2019 Australian Mining Prospect Awards.
- Digitising mining through automated scheduling with ABB
The ABB Ability Operations Management System enables miners to get greater visibility and control of their mining operations.
- Two vs three-stage crushing
Coal from run of mine (ROM), open cut or underground mines needs to be reduced to transportable and marketable product sizes.
- John Sample gets the grease
John Sample Group (JSG) has demonstrated its eye for quality brands in the market since it was formed in 1921.