- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Over 3000 rockbreakers send real-time data to MyFleet platform
Rammer, the leading supplier of smart rockbreaker technology, achieved another milestone in September of having over 3000 rockbreakers globally equipped with Rammer RD3 monitoring device sending data to MyFleet platform.
- Digital transformation of belt cleaners adds productivity
Martin Engineering’s solutions help reduce maintenance time for belt cleaners through remote monitoring and automatic blade tensioning.
- Nickel and cobalt: A clean future duo
Glencore is aiming to supply the electric vehicle industry with ethical nickel and cobalt, demonstrating the mining industry’s commitment to having a positive social impact.
- Improving operational efficiencies in slurry pumping
With slurry pumps, operational and maintenance expenses can rapidly overtake the initial procurement costs. Xylem offers a cost-effective solution.
- Atlas Copco breathes life into mine compressor requirements
Australian Mining finds out how Atlas Copco’s range of air compressors and on-site gas generation systems are helping mining companies increase operational efficiency and reduce environmental impact at the same time.
- 2021 trends in heavy equipment air cabin quality
Australian Mining sits down with Sy-Klone International, LSM Technologies and Lyons Airconditioning to discuss upcoming operator enclosure and cabin air quality trends.
- Terrain Tamer wheel bearings to withstand demanding conditions
Terrain Tamer has released a range of heavy-duty wheel bearing and combination swivel housing kits, specifically designed and manufactured for vehicles that operate in extreme conditions.
- How lubricants can help increase productivity in mines
One of the ways by which mines, and other companies with heavy capital expenditure, can reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for their assets, is through enhancing the operational performance of their machinery to reduce TCO over the life of the asset.
- Altra offers power transmission service solutions
Australian Mining catches up with Altra Motion Australia to find out about the company’s service capabilities for the mining industry.
- Schaeffler bearings boost reliability for AirEng products
The importance of good ventilation in underground mines cannot be overstated. To quote AirEng company manager Rhys Thompson, “If the ventilation system goes off, the mine has to shut down. That’s how critical it is.”
- How to maximise slurry pumping efficiency in mining applications
Slurry pumps are often referred to as the ’heart of a plant’. Despite this, they are often overlooked which can be detrimental to a plants productivity and efficiency.
- Keeping Australia’s mining dump trucks cool with precision
Komatsu has selected Horton’s RCV2000 variable-speed fan drive and HTEC fan for its 830E-5 and 930E-5 mining trucks. Australian Mining speaks with Horton sales manager for the Asia Pacific region, Riki Tarau, to find out why.
- AusIMM launches hybrid conferences to help professionals stay connected
With COVID-19 impacting events throughout 2020, the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) has created a hybrid format for its conferences, allowing delegates to attend in person or online during 2021.
- ANL announces ‘the Pilbara connection’
ANL has launched a new regular direct connection between Singapore and Port Hedland, Western Australia.
- Wormald balances fire and environmental safety
How do you ensure a high level of fire safety at your mine without sacrificing your environmental values? Does purchasing a new autonomous vehicle or battery-operated machinery create new fire hazards for your mine?
- Australian gold sector defies decline in reserves
While the world’s top 10 gold producers may have reportedly experienced a decline in reserves between 2010 and 2019, Australia is well positioned to continue a surge in gold exploration. Nickolas Zakharia explains.
- Decipher assists with insurance process for tailings storage facilities
Decipher has created a tailings storage facility cloud solution to help mining companies improve governance, monitoring, reporting and disclosure of tailings data.
- Getting chartered reinforces why good engineering matters
For Alexandra Radulovich, getting chartered has helped make clear how important engineering can be.
- JSW pioneers application of advanced drilling technology
JSW Australia has joined forces with technology innovator Intelligent Drilling Applications & Technology, and German manufacturers Bauer and BBURG to emerge as a contender in the drilling technology realm.
- Crusader Hose dewaters Lihir gold mine in PNG
A project to expand Newcrest Mining’s Lihir gold mine in Papua New Guinea proved challenging due to a high water table. To reduce the water level in the pit, Crusader Hose was brought in to provide a dewatering solution.