- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Vega taps into new opportunities
Vega Australia has expanded its product range to cater to all facets of the mining industry, ensuring companies have access to quality level measurement for gases, liquids and solids.
- The connected mine: A strategy for success
When one major mining company underwent digital transformation, it achieved results that would be the envy of most mines.
- Minprovise processes a total package future
With Minprovise’s all-encompassing skills in minerals processing, it is no surprise that the company is chasing a bigger goal: to be an end-to-end solution provider.
- Bat Booth 2.0 cuts virus risk with automatic fever checks
In just 15 seconds, the new unit tests body temperature, de-dusts workers to help prevent hazards such as coal workers pneumoconiosis (CWP) and silicosis, sends alerts and reports to dashboards.
- Increase efficiency, mitigate risk with a single source of document truth
Your Outlook inbox, the network project (P:) drive, your company’s FTP site, a SharePoint folder and Dropbox. What do all these things have in common?
- The convenience of one provider with pay-as-you-need flexibility
The mining lifecycle has different phases, but there’s no need to chop and change between mining software providers if junior explorers choose the right partner.
- Six benefits of renting your cleaning equipment
If you’re planning to add some cleaning machines to your toolkit, you’ll first need to decide whether you want to buy, finance, or rent your equipment.
- Sefar leads the coal industry into a low carbon economy
The distance between Australia and Switzerland hasn’t stopped Sefar from taking its manufacturing technology up a notch with filter media solutions that address today’s challenges.
- Remote control mining in a time of need
With an influx of automation technology entering the mining industry, companies continue to look for ways to take advantage of the latest gadgets. And as the coronavirus causes ripple-effects across the country’s workforce, automation could prove to be a saving grace.
- Sandvik AutoMine for Trucks surfaces in underground mining
The Swedish original equipment manufacturer has released AutoMine for Trucks, a first for autonomous ramp haulage applications in underground mining. How will the system benefit the industry in Australia?
- Tennant provides dust, debris control in mine operations
Challenging environments like mine sites, wharfs and heavy vehicle workshops demand robust, built-to-last cleaning solutions.
- Bridgestone keeps mining wheels turning with tyre repair techniques
Bridgestone Mining Solutions is leading the way in tyre repairs within the mining industry, treating each tyre injury as unique rather than applying a one size fits all solution.
- StrataConnect MC2 receives IECEx approval in Australia
Strata Worldwide has announced the IECEx intrinsically safe approval of the StrataConnect second-edition Miner Communicator (MC2).
- Fenner Dunlop electrifies Australian mines
Fenner Dunlop is a valued supplier of materials handling, mechanical and electrical services for many Australian mining companies. However, the company considers itself to be more of a partner than supplier.
- Mining 2.0 – no longer just a vision
A few short years ago, there was a lot of hype around digital transformation delivering the new Mining 2.0. Fast forward to today, and even the biggest miners in the world are still on their journey to unlock the benefits that digital transformation offers.
- Diacon guards mine workers from conveyor dangers
Diacon Australia prides itself on being a genuine Australian manufacturer of plastic conveyor guards, with a team of dedicated engineers that set it apart from competitors.
- Nickel back on track for a green mining future
As social conversations surround the future of mining, with focus on climate change, green batteries, electric vehicles and decarbonising operations, nickel is making a comeback.
- A century-long track record ready for another challenge
A life-long pipe solution comes easy through engagement with an Australian manufacturer such as Steel Mains, which boasts experience in the water and mining industries.
- Bridgestone: A partner in products, service and technology
A visit by Bridgestone’s vice president from Japan to Roy Hill’s iron ore project has highlighted the company’s intention to aspire to offer the best for its customers by listening and working directly alongside them.
- Dyno Nobel blasts EZshot into Australian mines
Underground miners can now take advantage of the best aspects of electronic and pyrotechnic blasting systems in the one solution with Dyno Nobel’s EZshot technology.