- Why local content in the extractive sector won’t work without home grown human capital
An examination into local content in Africa’s mining sector, providing an insight into how the position may affect Australia’s mining industry.
- Challenging the Activist’s Agenda
Anti-mining protesters have developed an unprecedented level of sophistication in their approach to environmental activism, so how should mining companies approach such opposition?
- AIMEX Preview: Underground fluid couplings
Naismith Engineering, in conjunction with Fludiomat, will showcase its off the shelf and custom built fluid couplings at AIMEX.
- Grove’s new GMK all-terrain cranes
Two new Grove all-terrain cranes have recently joined the Manitowoc range, alongside the recently launched GMK5250L.
- BYOD paperless crane inspection app launched
New paperless crane maintenance apps have been released to cut human error and streamline the process.
- Virtual reality: The new mine safety training tool
Not so long ago, virtual reality was the stuff of dreams, thought of as a “one day” concept. However for Coal Services that day is now here,
with the company using the technology for mine safety and training.
- AIMEX Preview: Trenchless technologies
ITS PipeTech will showcase its range of practice trenchless technologies for installing and renovating pipelines and culverts utilised in mining at AIMEX in September.
- What next for gold?
After its dramatic, perhaps over the top fall, is gold set for a recovery?
- AIMEX Preview: Rebuilt mining engines
Cummins’ Tier 1 to Tier 2 converted QSK60 engine will be a key focus of their stand at Asia-Pacific’s International Mining Exhibition in September.
- AIMEX 2015: What’s on show [video]
Australian Mining editor Cole Latimer speaks to Reed Exhibition’s director Robbie Clark about what’s on show for this year.
- AIMEX Preview: Mining cap lamps
Ledom Australia will launch their new LEDOM-Eps brand of miner cap lamps at AIMEX.
- AIMEX Preview: Mining truck tyres
The Kal Tire Mining Tire Group will showcase its mining tyre service, supply and safety needs at this year’s AIMEX in September.
- Clouds, robots, & drones: IT driven mining
VCE Chief Technology Officer Matt Oostveen discusses how technology is transforming mining, and how miners can adapt their business to the new landscape.
- Cat launches new mining grader
Caterpillar has released a new motor grader designed for mining.
- The 2015 Prospect Awards: The past winners in view
As nominations count down, we take a look at last year’s winners, and what sets them apart from the crowd.
- AIMEX Preview: Machinery maintenance
Field Machine Tools will highlight its specialist on-site machining equipment and portable maintenance machines at AIMEX 2015.
- AIMEX Preview: Mining conveyor solutions
Flexco plans to display their comprehensive range of conveyor solutions including belt cleaners, ploughs, conveyor rollers, impact beds, transfer chutes, mechanical belt fasteners, pulley lagging and safety tools installed on a brand new life-size conveyor at this year’s AIMEX.
- AIMEX Preview: Dump truck bodies
Duratray will be at AIMEX to highlights its dump truck body manufacturing capabilities.
- The 2015 Prospect Awards: Behind the awards
As time draws down for nominations, we look at the sponsors who support our annual Prospect Awards.
- AIMEX Preview: Abrasive blast cleaning
ABSS will showcase heavy duty blast cleaning at this year’s AIMEX.