- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Copper industry innovation needed with demand set to double
The global copper mining industry, of which Australia is a major player, faces a major challenge in being more innovative according to a US expert.
- Catering to future mines with the right sewage plans
Wastewater treatment expert Paul Cobbin explores three issues mining companies face — plant upgradability, expandability and water scarcity — and how to overcome them.
- Batteries included: How Australia is charging up for a revolution
The rise of Australia’s battery metals sector over the last few years — particularly in Western Australia — is proving indicative of a wealth of potential that is yet to be fully tapped.
- GreenGold set to save on geology logging costs
In response to the growing pressures to reduce exploration cost while maintaining international best practice standards, GreenGold has developed an innovative off-shore core processing and analytical facility in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Rema Tip Top builds a bridge between Bauma and Australia
Australia has been a focus of Rema Tip Top’s growth aspirations in recent years, a direction the company plans to continue on with its latest solution for conveyor systems.
- Aggreko: “Too far away to power, but not for us”
Aggreko’s decision to implement a standalone power station at an isolated mine site paid off dividends for the client. The mine site was so remote that there had been no way to connect the facility to mains power or mains gas. To find out how Aggreko achieved it, download the company whitepaper below.
- New air cannon: Safer and more effective solution for bulk material build-up
ESS Engineering Services & Supplies have developed a new air cannon system that is highly effective and safer than those previously available.
- Competing with the Chinese rare earths juggernaut
While China still dominates the global rare earths market, some Australian companies are providing an
alternative supply solution.
- Quicksilver lines the path to success
E-Plas’ Quicksilver lining systems are designed to protect and prolong trailer life with their unique UHMW-PE material, capable of delivering both driver safety and company productivity in one tip.
- Thirty years of METS sector transformation: Exploration
Austmine continues a focus on the evolution of the METS sector over the past 30 years with an in-depth look at exploration in Australia.
- Liebherr links the Australian mining landscape with Europe
Managing editor Ben Creagh travelled through Europe with Liebherr ahead of Bauma 2019 in Germany to discover the origins and future direction of the equipment manufacturer.
- McLanahan breaks the cycle for scrubbing and screening
McLanahan’s innovative approach to scrubber and trommel optimisation is resulting in productivity gains for miners. Australian Mining writes.
- Reeling easy during large-scale dewatering
When some heavy-duty mine dewatering was required, a set of winder units emerged as a winning solution to Rio Tinto’s first agricultural project at the Marandoo mine in the Pilbara.
- Measuring safety gains – a safer workplace is a more efficient workplace
Nivek Industries has disrupted the way earthmoving maintenance operations are conducted across Australian mine sites. Its breakthrough equipment, tracked elevating device (TED), is designed by a fitter for fitters – Kevin Cant, Nivek founder.
- Dyno Nobel hits the target with EZshot
Dyno Nobel’s electronic initiation system EZshot combines ‘the best of both worlds’ for underground perimeter blasting.
- Communication: The maintenance planners’ best friend
Communication is a vital component in coordinating and executing planned maintenance. Maintenance planners and schedulers have frequent lines of communication with on-site superintendents and supervisors, other planners, and most frequently, suppliers.
- Caterpillar electrifies the underground with next-gen loader
The equipment manufacturer has jumped on the trend of battery-electric machinery for underground mining with the launch of its R1700 XE loader concept.
- Liebherr loads productivity into latest excavators
The mining equipment manufacturer is promising a new level of performance and reliability with its latest excavators.
- Epiroc’s Mobilaris: Google maps for the underground mine
Through Epiroc, Australian mining companies now have access to the Mobilaris Mining Intelligence (MMI) software solution.
- Metso breaks new ground with truck body
The equipment manufacturer moved into a new product area and strengthened an emerging crusher range with its latest releases at Bauma in Munich last month.