- Unions: part of the solution, or part of the problem?
As industry suffers under a productivity problem and workers bear the brunt of ‘neoliberal’ policies, what roles do unions have to play in the future?
- Tracking the trends with Deloitte 5 – Finding financing
Deloitte have released a list of the top ten industry trends we can expect in 2015. Part 5 – The equity and financing issue.
- Tyre safety, what does it mean?
In the wake of one miner killed and one injured following a tyre explosion, tyre safety standards are being called into questions.
- Industry Q&A: Are you Protecting your Technology, R&D and Innovation?
Austmine discusses how METS companies can better protect their innovations.
- Cutting exploration risks [infographic]
As exploration slows globally, a new Visual Capitalist infographic is outlining how juniors can avoid many of the exploration equity raising risks.
- BHP’s five stream focus: The push for innovation and automation
As commodity prices bite and mining slows globally, BHP’s new head of technology, geoscience and engineering, Bryan Quinn, outlines how innovation is helping keep the miner on track.
- Tracking the trends with Deloitte 4 – Controlling Supply
Deloitte have released a list of the top ten industry trends we can expect in 2015. Part 4 – The supply/demand problem.
- Coal miners head into Australia’s outback for Cancer Research
Two Hunter coal miners, the Cancer Council, a car worth less than $1,000 and the Australian outback. Sound interesting? Read on to find out just what these mates are planning.
- Drill and blast innovation on display at Roy Hill mine project
The size, scale, and remoteness of the massive Roy Hill iron ore mine has created a raft of hurdles in developing the operation.
- What’s inside the first new US nuclear plant in two decades
As the US commissions its first new nuclear plant in years, how has it opening changed the face of energy generation in the country?
- Tracking the trends with Deloitte 3 – Power Costs
Deloitte have released a list of the top ten industry trends we can expect in 2015. Part 3 – Cutting power costs.
- Mining software strategies for challenging times
CEO of Greentree partner Addax, David Sankey, list the considerations for developing your site’s IT capability.
- Tracking the Trends with Deloitte 2 – Innovation
Deloitte have released a list of the top ten industry trends we can expect in 2015. Part 2 – Innovation.
- The biggest financial scandal in mining: A timeline of Bre-X [infographic]
Visual Capitalists have created a timeline of the largest financial fraud in mining history – Bre-X.
- Tracking the trends with Deloitte – Part 1
Deloitte have released a list of the top ten industry trends we can expect in 2015. This week we look at Productivity.
- Industry Q&A: Improving Profitability and Productivity Through Smart Rostering
Austmine speak to Shiftwork Solutions Ian Tanner on how smarter rostering can lead to more efficiency on site.
- Australian Mining Weekly News Wrap
Australian Mining’s Vicky Validakis takes you through what’s been happening in the mining industry this week.
- Oils well that ends well
New oil and lubrication agreements are keeping Australian miners moving.
- Asking the experts: Greg Lilleyman
Australian Mining sits down with Rio Tinto’s Group Executive,Technology & Innovation,Greg Lilleyman, to discuss automation, and its role in mining.
- Where are the female tradies?
While the number of women in the mining industry is rising, what can be done to increase the ratio of females in the resources sector?