- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Technologies that drive proximity detection
No matter how advanced mining becomes, reducing the risk of unintentional interaction between miner and machine continues to be a vital component of safety.
- Customer-centric digital developments
Providing customers with better options and increased access to quality information and services is at the core of CBC Australia’s new digital offerings.
- McLanahan guides a new era in tailings management
Mining companies generate extra profitability through better tailings management as it reduces the probability of dam failures and avoids remediation costs. Australian Mining writes. The management of tailings storage facilities (TSFs) has been a topical issue in the mining industry this year, with the sector being thrust into the spotlight following a number of tailings … Continue reading McLanahan guides a new era in tailings management
- V-belt health in coal mining: Wambo case study
Coal mines are notoriously high-stress environments for machines to operate in due to the contamination of parts.
- Start building a treasure trove of historical data
The topic of preserving, leveraging and organising historical data is gaining a lot of traction in the construction industry.
- IMARC 2019: Powering the green economy with sustainable mining
Protest and activism led to the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) in Melbourne hitting global headlines this year.
- Safety, expansion the key for Mitchell Services
It is a good time to be at Mitchell Services – the company has been named Epiroc Contract Miner of the Year at the 2019 Prospect Awards in the same year the brand turned 50. Four months after celebrating its 50-year milestone, Mitchell Services took out the honour of Epiroc Contract Miner of the Year … Continue reading Safety, expansion the key for Mitchell Services
- Explorer Challenge crowdsources innovative approaches to exploration
In an era when economic mineral deposits have become increasingly difficult to find, OZ Minerals and Unearthed have partnered to put the challenge to the crowd.
- Maintain safe working conditions underground with scalable cooling systems
With temperatures above ground often exceeding 40 degrees Celsius in the warmer months, the health, safety and productivity of underground miners can all be jeopardised by hot climates.
- The circle of (a mineral’s) life
What else apart from the obvious could mined products be used for once they reach end consumers? The Minerals Council of Australia presents the less-thought-of everyday things.
- A software specialist for plant turnarounds
As oil and gas companies face increased pressure to maximise equipment efficiency, InEight has responded with software that minimises cost surprises and asset downtime.
- A new era of mine safety becomes reality
Mining companies are capitalising on the ability to conduct training simulation and planned maintenance through virtual reality software.
- The most dangerous software in mining business
Quick question, what’s the most dangerous piece of software a mining company can use? If you answered spreadsheets, you’d be right.
- What does BHP look for in a supplier?
For suppliers, partnering with a company like BHP is the ultimate goal. And now, BHP’s group procurement officer Sundeep Singh has revealed what it takes to be a supplier for the company.
- Mining’s digital ‘sweet spot’
As mining companies face increased pressure to optimise operations, industrial software company AVEVA is perfectly placed to provide the next wave of innovative solutions.
- Do you put road functionality before safety?
Mine haul roads and the management of traffic across mine site operations can present a significant risk to site personnel and visitors.
- Veolia serves water treatment needs of mining sector
Veolia Water Technologies is the world leader in water treatment. It offers a full range of services for the needs of mining industries.
- Space: Mining’s final frontier
As the pressure to shift from non-renewable to renewable resources spreads across the industry, the outer space presents an infinite reserve of highly-valued elements.
- Remembering John Emerson’s contribution to mining
John Emerson, who sadly passed away unexpectedly in August, has been recognised for his achievements in mining with the BGC Contracting Contribution to Mining honour.
- Minnovare optimises production for leading gold miners
The advanced technology company has rapidly established its Production Optimiser system in the gold Industry over the past 18 months by collaborating with the sector’s leading companies.