- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Roy Hill delivers diversity with LiveHire proactive recruitment model
Technology has been developed to turn recruitment in mining into a proactive process that is more efficient for companies.
- Integration: the key to a digital mining future
Improving how technology solutions are integrated will be critical for mining to effectively transform into a digital industry, according to RPMGlobal chief executive officer Richard Mathews.
- The technological expectations of mining become reality
Technology is moving and taking mining along for the ride. A panel of Sandvik experts provides an insight into the latest technology developments at the company and what the industry can expect next.
- Sandfire looks ahead following DeGrussa success
Western Australian miner Sandfire Resources has continued its strong performance at the DeGrussa copper-gold operation a year on from winning the coveted Mine of the Year accolade at the 2016 Prospect Awards.
- What’s next for gold?
With predictions of a rising gold price, IMARC will look at challenges and opportunities in gold and precious metals projects. What are the prospects for gold and other precious metals? That’s the question a diverse group of investors and experts will address at the upcoming International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC), to be held from … Continue reading What’s next for gold?
- Improving environmental and energy management on site
As the mining industry is often scrutinised for its potential environmental impact, the need for companies to retain their social license to operate should remain a key priority.
- Vibration in mineral processing equipment can be costly
Condition monitoring of machinery by way of vibration measurement can forestall expensive, otherwise unforeseen breakdowns with consequent loss of production.
- Strengthening collaboration in the mining industry
Greater collaboration and understanding between mining companies, the government and communities is a significant way to support the future of the mining industry.
- Transfer chute upgrades at WA iron ore facility significantly lift productivity
Flexco, using their proprietary Tasman Warajay Technology, has helped a major iron ore miner in Western Australia improve its performance through a transfer chute upgrade project.
- RCT delivers innovation powerhouse
Innovation has been the driving force behind RCT’s success with the company going from strength to strength in the past 45 years.
- Lifting productivity and safety performance through collaboration
Schenck Process has collaborated with industry partners to develop a solution that is delivering safety and cost benefits during train loading chute change outs.
- New contracts lift optimism for mining services companies
How did the first half of 2017 fare for services companies operating in the Australian mining industry? Australian Mining investigates.
- Next generation crushing technology improves safety and efficiency
An investment in next generation crushing technology has boosted plant safety and efficiency for Boral in South Australia.
- Edging closer to the 2017 Prospect Awards
The 2017 Australian Mining Prospect Awards are around the corner, a night to celebrate the best of the best in Australia’s mining industry.
- Recruitment strategies transition as market conditions turn
Mining companies are realigning their human resources strategies to reflect improving market conditions that are potentially leading to skills shortages.
- JumboGuard makes underground mining a safer environment
YUMARR Automation has developed an automatic boom isolation system that is delivering significant safety benefits for mining companies around the country.
- Renewing energy generation to improve mine site efficiency
More mines in Australia are introducing renewable energy to their operations. Kate Dougherty explains the benefits and obstacles of renewables projects for the mining industry.
- A Swift answer to a more comfortable FIFO lifestyle
Swift Networks is working with mining companies around Australia to improve the entertainment and communications facilities at FIFO villages.
- The key to safe and competent haul road operations
When the lifeblood of a mine is a potentially hazardous network of unsealed haul roads, how do you provide a safe working environment to maintain an efficient operation?
- What are mining’s standout innovations?
Australian and international mining identities explain what they regard as the most exciting innovations at their respective companies.