- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Epiroc: different name, same commitment to mining
Epiroc’s Per Lindberg and Helena Hedblom describe the company’s plans in mining ahead of its split from Atlas Copco into a stand-alone business.
- Deloitte’s top resources industry human capital trends
Deloitte’s 2018 Human Capital Trends report is the most extensive to date, with input from more than 11,000 businesses and HR leaders around the world, including 952 from the global energy and resources (E&R) industry.
- The Rockstarter revolution
Are you ready to join the Rockstarter revolution? Ampcontrol’s Rockstarter is a multifunction outlet starter designed for use in underground hard rock mining.
- Magotteaux readies processing tech for global market
Magotteaux’s pulp chemistry monitor made a big impression at the 2016 Prospect Awards, winning the Minerals Processing of the Year award. Magotteaux’s Dr Christopher Greet tells Australian Mining about how the technology has developed since.
- The pros and cons of extending oil drain intervals in hydraulics
Over recent years there has been a growing trend within the mining industry to extend oil drainage intervals (ODI) beyond the original equipment manufacturer (OEM)-recommended service intervals.
- Improving management of gas monitoring equipment
Ampcontrol discusses its recommendations surrounding process, procedure and validation of gas monitoring equipment after concerns were raised in Queensland.
- Meet the ifm expert – Freddie Coertze
Meet expert Freddie Coertze, the Product Manager of Industrial Communications at ifm. Freddie talks about why he loves being part of ifm’s family culture and working with such high quality products.
- Lepidico’s L-Max technology maximises mica’s lithium potential
Lepidico is making waves in the lithium industry with its L-Max technology, which can extract valuable battery-grade lithium chemicals from previously ignored mica sources.
- The drive to succeed
Bosch Rexroth is no stranger to materials handling in the mining and resources sector; whether it is stackers, reclaimers, conveyors, feeders or ship loaders, the company takes rightful pride in all its products being applicable for assorted equipment.
- KableX delivers an alternative to mining’s cable sector
KableX, a new cable specialist, has been endorsed by AusProof to deliver an advancement in technology and a contemporary service approach.
- The gain and pain in extending oil drain intervals in hydraulic systems
Oil drain intervals (ODI) have generally been pre-determined by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and designed as such to provide protection to compartments based on a wide variety of conditions.
- Bowen Basin Mining Club director on the importance of industry awards
The biannual Queensland Mining Awards will be held this month, co-hosted by the Bowen Basin Mining Club (BBMC) and the Queensland Resources Council (QRC).
- Battery metals – the hottest commodities right now
The commodities industry downturn from 2013-2016 had a massive effect on companies in Australia and around the globe – with most mining companies going into survival mode.
- Australian METS target mining’s next horizon
The mining industry continues to experience improved market conditions as we move to the midway point of 2018.
- The creation of a new image for mining
Mining companies have focused on developing a more positive image for the industry in recent years, Deloitte’s Ian Sanders tells Australian Mining.
- RFID non-contact technology: Checking pre-charge pressure on bladder and diaphragm accumulators
The new SBAA and SDAA types of accumulator adaptors from STAUFF enable the non-contact checking of the accumulator pre-charge pressure of hydro-pneumatic bladder and diaphragm accumulators.
- Future leaders critical to the future of the mining industry
With the mining industry currently facing a critical skills shortage, a larger emphasis needs to be placed on attracting and engaging the next generation of leaders, says the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) — founding partner of the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC).
- Meet the ifm experts — Harsh Zala
Meet Harsh Zala, a systems solutions engineer at ifm. Harsh works across ifm’s range of products and is responsible for complete technical delivery of products on time and on budget.
- Diamonds to go: the lab-made alternative
Lab-grown diamonds are becoming an increasingly viable alternative to their mined counterparts.
- Bosch Rexroth: Finding the right balance
Bosch Rexroth’s ‘top-to-tail’ approach to minerals processing draws on the precision of its parent company’s experiences as a supplier in the demanding German automotive industry.