- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Segnut innovation reduces hefty maintenance costs
Mining maintenance spending in Australia is expected to rise by more than 60 per cent annually to $12 billion by 2022, according to fastener manufacturer Segnut.
- Mine commissions new technology to keep the lights on
Allen-Bradley variable frequency drives help mines reduce energy consumption and lower unplanned downtime.
- Easy tracking on shaky ground
Mistracking of conveyor systems is an all-too-common occurrence in the mining industry, leading to considerable costs to human safety, productivity and power consumption. The root cause of mistracking often falls outside of a system operator’s control. Mine site vibrations and ground problems, for example, can cause conveyors to be misaligned. Other causes, such as structure … Continue reading Easy tracking on shaky ground
- Uncovering the strength of digitalisation
Mine owner or operators and the contractors who work for them have been riding a wild wave of mineral price fluctuations over the past decade.
- BME eyes Canada with Consbec JV
Blasting and explosives company BME, a member of Omnia Group, has entered into a joint venture (JV) in Canada with Consbec, a surface drilling and blasting contractor.
- FIFO vs residential hire: A tug of war
Not only are companies constantly faced with hiring decisions throughout the course of a mine life, they must also contend with the FIFO debate in Australia’s mining regions.
- SMC delivers gains when the dust has settled
Lots of products are destined to sit and gather dust, but for SMC Corporation it’s not a criticism, but a design feature.
- Diversity and inclusion front and centre at IMARC
Championing diversity and inclusion in the mining industry means challenging stereotypes, being uncomfortable and rejecting tick-a-box solutions.
- How a greener clean benefits your organisation
Most of the time, environmentally friendly cleaning solutions are more cost-effective because fewer – and cheaper – resources are needed to achieve equal or better results.
- Flexco universal lightweight cleaner pole enhances conveyor safety
The conveyor experts at Flexco have developed a Universal lightweight cleaner pole that is delivering much-needed relief for maintenance workers at mine operations.
- How mining companies are using AI, machine learning and robots
Many of us would assume that advances in robotics, automation, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning would have been driven by the mining industry, due to the remote mine sites, the hazardous nature of the work and the high costs of labour and transport.
- Plug and unplug: Engineering designs that work
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s visit to AusProof’s Gladstone factory in Queensland during April recognised the company’s standing as an innovator and domestic manufacturer.
- Qualifications a big asset to career in industry maintenance
CQUniversity’s Asset and Maintenance Management qualifications are a practical and flexible pathway for careers in big industry.
- Komatsu diversifies in Western Australia with BHP deal
Australian Mining speaks with Komatsu Australia chief executive Sean Taylor about what an agreement to deploy haul trucks at BHP’s South Flank project means for the company and Western Australia.
- SMC offers smart positioning for mining
The tough operating conditions in the mines require constant innovation. SMC is committed to developing robust products which suit the production environment and answer the customer call for products which are easy to install, reliable, easy to maintain and robust enough to withstand the elements of their mining application.
- Pushing mining onto an innovative pathway
Advitech uses its knowledge in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and manufacturing to develop solutions that improve mining operations.
- Four things lithium miners should look for when selecting a tech partner
As the world creates modern renewable energy storage solutions, adopts more portable electronics and continues the conversion of fuelled vehicles to electric vehicles, the global demand for lithium-ion batteries will continue to surge.
- Unearthing greater opportunities with Total Oil Australia
Total continues to significantly invest its resources into research and development of their lubricant products designed for the mining, earthmoving and civil construction sectors.
- REMA TIP TOP’s market offensive in Australia
In July 2019, REMA TIP TOP opened the Brisbane Centre of Excellence as its east coast surface protection hub, extending on the expertise of its Western Australia surface protection operations in Perth.
- Fortescue fosters a new era of conveyor monitoring
Fortescue Metals Group is leading the way in monitoring the health of its conveyor assets, introducing a new paperless inspection system.