- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Automated monitoring and reporting system for conveyor belt cleaners
In a move to continue leadership in the development and implementation of advanced technologies for conveyors and other bulk material handling applications, Martin Engineering has announced a belt cleaner position indicator that monitors the blade, tracking and reporting remaining service life.
- Australia’s critical relationships drive next era of mining
As Australia establishes itself as a hub for critical minerals, its relationships with nations such as China, India, Korea and Japan are also developing. Australian Mining investigates how international relationships in the critical minerals space will be unique.
- Dyno Nobel’s premium technology a boost for regional Queensland manufacturing
Demand from customers for Dyno Nobel’s electronic blasting technology is boosting manufacturing in regional Queensland, with the company’s Helidon plant increasing production.
- Green solutions for sustainable mine management
CRC Industries, the sponsor of the Mine Manager of the Year award at the Australian Mining Prospect Awards, offers safe and green solutions for the mining sector.
- AusIMM flushes out inequality in the resources sector
In the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) 2020 Women in Mining Survey, more than half of female respondents reported that they did not perceive the industry as diverse.
- How does the mining industry impact the value of the Australian dollar?
It is common knowledge that the value of a nation’s currency is often a reliable indicator of the health of that nation’s economy.
- Accurate and efficient drilling with Cat MD6310
Ausdrill is using Cat MD6310 drills to improve safety and efficiency in drill and blast operations at the Middlemount coal mine in Queensland.
- Leveraging technology for mining value
Want to know how to accelerate your mining organisation to a high performing and profitable business with the power of knowledge and data? Sign up now to join Microsoft and Insight’s webinar to catapult your organisation into the next era.
- ITM keeps mining operations rolling
ITM is one of the world’s leading suppliers for undercarriage solutions. The international engineering group provides the mining industry with innovative designs and solutions to keep undercarriages up and running.
- REMA TIP TOP builds on Pilbara success with Monadelphous
REMA TIP TOP Australia has been selected by Monadelphous to install a further 24 kilometres of conveyor belting and provide expert splicing services for BHP’s outflow infrastructure at the South Flank project.
- Could conveyor skirting improve your productivity?
Thomas Greaves from DYNA Engineering explains the ins and outs of conveyor skirting: how it works, how it is designed and constructed, how it lifts productivity and safety when fitted to conveying systems.
- Sandvik shifts mindset underground with Artisan Z50
The Artisan Z50 battery-electric haul truck has given underground mining companies a vision of what a cleaner, safer mining future could look like in Australia earlier than many expected. Changing the mindset towards battery-electric machinery has been a challenge in the underground mining sector in Australia. The benefits of electrification are widely known. Once operational, … Continue reading Sandvik shifts mindset underground with Artisan Z50
- Webinar: Reinventing mining operations for the post-COVID-19 era
Join our virtual event on June 3 to learn how Nokia, Sandvik and ACMA are responding to the COVID-19 crisis and how digital technologies, industrial-grade private wireless networks and innovative new use cases will help the Australian mining industry to reinvent itself.
- Mineral processing in the digital age
Bradken is working on a digital simulation model that has potential to revolutionise the way grinding mills are designed and operated.
- Solving the haulage equation
Conveyor Manufacturers Australia has designed a modular, relocatable and reusable surface conveyor system using general shipping containers.
- Alfa Laval solid bowl centrifuge technology makes tailings dams redundant
As Australia’s water supplies continue to plummet, mining companies are searching for new ways to process minerals without using a tailings dam. Alfa Laval offers an answer to this need with advanced dewatering solutions.
- A2K Technologies leads the tech world in helping maintain smart distancing
Businesses need to adapt and implement different working practices to manage the current restrictions of social distancing.
- Breakthrough service truck technologies unlock operational efficiencies
Banlaw is delivering a cleaner, faster and safer service truck filling process with an elegant solution for fuels, oils and maintenance fluids of all types.
- Inside Fortescue’s mission control
Fortescue Metals Group’s Integrated Operations Centre allows workers to operate a mine, rail and port network that is 1200 kilometres away. And during COVID-19, it sets a blueprint for what the industry can do to safeguard operations in the future. Nickolas Zakharia writes.
- Crusader Hose goes deeper and stronger with Flexibore 300
Depth is not a concern for Crusader Hose when it assists mining operators with going deeper for water. Australian Mining reports on the arrival of Flexibore 300.