- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Australian mining benefits as Canada gets high on cannabis stocks
Legalisation of marijuana in North America has had a surprise but welcome effect on the other side of the world.
- Billions of reasons to be in Melbourne this October
In one month, Australia’s largest mining event will attract investors with billions in their pockets to Melbourne for four days of learning, unparalleled networking and deal-making at the 6th annual International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) taking place in Melbourne from 29th to 31st October.
- One to watch: Mining’s toughest rugged computer
For a company that boasts pre-eminent research and development capability in one of the world’s most technologically-advanced countries, Panasonic isn’t interested in creating the next shiny “it” device.
- Boss braces for uranium recovery as Honeymoon advances
After almost a decade of low prices, the Australian and global uranium industry is optimistic that a recovery will soon emerge
- Lincom makes mark with compact mobile impact recirculating crusher
Lincom Group’s size reduction crusher has been successfully processing concrete for Auckland Quarry, a quarry in the city’s central suburb of Mt Wellington.
- CDE Meta sets the scene for sustainable minerals processing
With the installation of CDE Meta’s latest Australian project, the company is confident a focus on sustainable minerals processing practices will continue to emerge thanks to its novel modular approach.
- Withstanding harsh environments
As mining companies look to cut costs and reduce downtime associated with machinery, Gates offers the market its Predator V belts.
- A glimpse into the future of mining
As the mining industry embarks on a dynamic phase of development, AIMEX has provided a platform to express both concerns and excitement on what’s to come.
- Innovators to watch at IMARC 2019
Australia’s largest gathering of mining leaders and innovators will be coming to Melbourne for the International Mining and Resources Conference and Expo (IMARC) from 29-31 October.
- Rammer rockbreakers increase productivity and lower lifetime costs
With integrated smart technology and user-focused features, Rammer Excellence Line of rockbreakers have helped users reduce breaking times and avoid unnecessary downtime.
- Policy changes fuelling outlook for coal in China
Measures to limit emissions and diversify China’s economy are having real results on the nation’s coal usage, according to Sarah Liu, deputy general manager of Fenwei Energy.
- Selection of synthetic vs minerals oils in fixed plant applications
The question is by no means a one size fits all solution. Synthetic lubricants are designed for specific applications and are generally more resistant to oxidative processes.
- Pumping up gold production rates at Greenfields Mill
FMR Investments was formed in 2007 when specialist hard rock underground mining services provider Barminco – founded in 1987, divested its contracting business.
- Segnut innovation reduces hefty maintenance costs
Mining maintenance spending in Australia is expected to rise by more than 60 per cent annually to $12 billion by 2022, according to fastener manufacturer Segnut.
- Mine commissions new technology to keep the lights on
Allen-Bradley variable frequency drives help mines reduce energy consumption and lower unplanned downtime.
- Easy tracking on shaky ground
Mistracking of conveyor systems is an all-too-common occurrence in the mining industry, leading to considerable costs to human safety, productivity and power consumption. The root cause of mistracking often falls outside of a system operator’s control. Mine site vibrations and ground problems, for example, can cause conveyors to be misaligned. Other causes, such as structure … Continue reading Easy tracking on shaky ground
- Uncovering the strength of digitalisation
Mine owner or operators and the contractors who work for them have been riding a wild wave of mineral price fluctuations over the past decade.
- BME eyes Canada with Consbec JV
Blasting and explosives company BME, a member of Omnia Group, has entered into a joint venture (JV) in Canada with Consbec, a surface drilling and blasting contractor.
- FIFO vs residential hire: A tug of war
Not only are companies constantly faced with hiring decisions throughout the course of a mine life, they must also contend with the FIFO debate in Australia’s mining regions.
- SMC delivers gains when the dust has settled
Lots of products are destined to sit and gather dust, but for SMC Corporation it’s not a criticism, but a design feature.