- The gold standard: How Notre Dame could revolutionise extraction
Notre Dame University researchers have created a molecule that could deliver environmental and efficiency benefits for gold extraction.
- BMSA improves safety and extends tyre life with its OTR repair service
Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia (BMSA) endeavours to extend tyre life with its Bridgestone Repair System. Australian Mining talks to senior specialist Andrew Chapman.
- Screen time with Porter Group: Supporting regional customers
The high-pressure nature of the mining game is second nature to Western Australia’s Mineral Crushing Services, who have recently added a Sandvik QE341 scalping screen to help remove metal contaminates and process mill scats.
- Another mining evolution emerges in Western Australia’s Goldfields
As the gold industry hits its latest milestone in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, new opportunities have also arrived in the famous mining region.
- Mapping the mine with 3D printing
3D Systems and BCA Consulting combined forces on an ambitious client venture to 3D print a mine map that could be broken down by project phases.
- Seaco containers efficiently guide miners from pit to port
The container leasing company has added value to various industries over the past 50 years. Now, it is targeting growth in this regard with mining companies.
- MacKellar Mining excavator entrance with Liebherr pays off
The Queensland-based contractor has established a strong relationship with equipment manufacturer Liebherr over the past two years.
- Maintaining the momentum with OTR tyres and wheels
Getting the fleet up and running is one thing. Keeping it that way while avoiding pitfalls, overcoming challenges and being cognisant of risks and problem-prevention – well that requires proven strategies, advanced technology and the support of trusted, dedicated professionals.
- The importance of ore sorting
Ore sorting is an important facet of the mining industry and it’s on the up. Australian Mining looks at two Australian companies that are collaborating on the cutting edge of the industry.
- Cat dealer Hastings Deering talks the latest tech trends
Jason Smith, general manager for mining sales at Queensland-based Cat dealer Hastings Deering, discusses the latest equipment and technology trends with Australian Mining.
- Debunking myths: performance facts about joining HDPE pipe
A new mechanical joining solution from Victaulic offers outstanding performance capabilities for high-density polyethylene pipes.
- First class welds, Miller style: Dynasty and Maxstar series
The Dynasty and Maxstar welding machines are premium products and the most advanced of their kind on the Australian market.
- Meet the ifm experts — Jas Singh
Meet Jas Singh, who is the systems and solutions manager for ifm in Australia. Jas is an expert in Internet of Things (IoT) solutions and tailoring solutions for customers based on their specific needs.
- Loadscan’s guide to optimising payloads
Loadscan explains how mining companies can know if their hauling activities are as productive as they should be.
- Flexco transfers productivity increases with FlowFirst design
Flexco uses the Tasman Warajay Technology to deliver operational improvements for mining companies requiring transfer chute replacements.
- KableX delivers an alternative to mining’s cable sector
KableX, a new cable specialist, has been endorsed by AusProof to deliver an advancement in technology and a contemporary service approach.
- Meet the ifm expert — Glenn Thornton
National Product and Brand Manager for ifm, Glenn Thornton, explains what differentiates ifm from other high-tech electronics businesses
- Mastermyne: Working hand in hand with locals for 22 years
Despite considerable growth in the Central Queensland region over the last two decades, Mastermyne has worked hard to maintain its foundational culture of family, mateship and support for the broader local communities in which it works.
- Mining companies transform stakeholder relationships
There are a series of stakeholders that mining companies need to deliver social outcomes to. Deloitte’s Ian Sanders tells Australian Mining how they can achieve this.
- How Epiroc is making autonomous mining a reality
As Epiroc looks to an autonomous future in mining, the company reflects on the Australian project that has set a strong foundation in this area.