- Difficult conditions fail to derail Aurizon
Mining freight operator Aurizon has rebounded from a variety of challenges over the past decade, most recently the devastation caused by Cyclone Debbie.
- Gold closes June quarter weaker after early promise
Nicholas Frappell reviews the market performance of gold in the June quarter in the first part of ABC Bullion’s precious metals review for the three-month period.
- AllightSykes renews focus on the FG Wilson Generators’ range
Over recent years, we have seen the dependence on reliable electricity supply become more critical across all market sectors.
- Preventing cyber attacks with tougher security measures
Deloitte Australia national mining leader Nicki Ivory discusses the importance of strengthening cyber security measures to protect valuable data.
- Hastings Deering delivers equipment for increased productivity
Australian Mining speaks to Caterpillar dealer Hastings Deering about the company’s success following improved conditions in the mining industry.
- Stored energy motor bases
Advancements in stored energy springs can make a big difference in the transmission of power, improving operational efficiency. Richard Sharp, managing director, Leverlink, explains.
- Innovation drives increased uptime
Metso’s new MX cone crusher is achieving notable outcomes around the world for its users.
- Prospect Awards winner profile: Glencore
Australian Mining speaks to Glencore’s Neil Hassett, who was Mine Manager of the Year at the Prospect Awards in 2016, about his roles in the mining industry and how important coal mining is for local communities.
- MIT unearths a new way of extracting copper
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) researchers have identified the proper temperature and chemical mixture to selectively separate pure copper and other metallic trace elements from sulphur-based minerals using molten electrolysis.
- Improving safety at Savage River with RCT’s smart technology
Grange Resources’ Savage River iron ore mine in Tasmania saw the opportunity to further safeguard its operators on site by equipping its mobile equipment with remote controls.
- Safety in mining through measurement and training
Bestech managing director Sam Bhasin outlines the importance of measurement and training devices to enhance safety and productivity on site.
- Boart Longyear hands-free solution improves safety performance
Boart Longyear’s Zachary Strauss discusses how the company’s latest drill rig and loader solutions work together to reduce the risk of hand and back injuries.
- Reviving a historic Western Australian gold mine
Eastern Goldfields is breathing new life into the Davyhurst gold operation in the Goldfields region of Western Australia almost a decade after the site last produced the precious metal.
- Flying into the future of mining
Drones have been regarded as an important technology in the future of mining for many years now. So, how is the use of drones at mine sites evolving
- Performance of precious metals fluctuates
Nicholas Frappell reviews the market performance of the precious metals sector in May in the second part of ABC Bullion’s review of the month.
- Gold market holds firm in turbulent times
Nicholas Frappell reviews the market performance of gold in May in the first part of ABC Bullion’s precious metals review for the month.
- Digitising the mining industry
Digital technology has the potential to shape the mines of the future. Deloitte’s Nicki Ivory tells Australian Mining how this movement continues to evolve.
- Demand for high-tech machinery guides market recovery
Demand for mining equipment with current technology and greater efficiencies continues to grow on the second-hand auction market, according to Ernst & Young (EY).
- Taking Tasmanian mining to the world stage
The Tasmanian mining industry is investigating ways that will increase its competitiveness in a global marketplace on the rebound.
- Hitting back against mental illness in FIFO workers
Following research that found fly-in fly-out (FIFO) workers are twice as likely than the rest of Australia’s general population to experience depression and anxiety, one man designed a new preventative measure to change that statistic.