- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Epiroc goes from a great to greater beginning
Epiroc finance manager Claudia Ledesma provides an inside look into the company’s journey to become a standalone company, and what the equipment manufacturer has achieved so far.
- Australians eye North American mining riches
Australian mining companies are capitalising on the currency disparity with North America to drive operational growth.
- Unchain operations: A better alternative to roller chain drives
Building on decades of experience in creating optimum solutions for belt drives in both automotive and industrial applications, Gates Australia has introduced Poly Chain GT Carbon belts, which are well equipped to handle the demands of any mining environment.
- Optimise the mine: improve productivity, reduce downtime and protect workforce with ABB
ABB provides the platform to connect all electrification, automation and digital offerings to optimise all stages in the mine lifecycle.
- Management of ventilation risk central to safety
Technology solves many things, but it cannot be solely depended on to keep underground workers safe. Vale North Atlantic’s manager for ventilation design and tech explains.
- Consequences of being unsafe on site
Workplace incidents are unfortunately quite common, especially in the industrial and mining sectors.
- METS Ignited urges mining to embrace automation
A call to arms by METS Ignited is encouraging the Australian mining industry to come together and capitalise on the huge opportunity automation presents.
- Sharing sustainable value to gain social trust
How have mining companies improved their approach to securing the social licence to operate over the long term?
- Jaw crusher becomes fifth Powerscreen machine delivered to Gromac
Lincom Group’s high-performance Powerscreen Premiertrak 600 crusher has attracted five orders in the past 18 months. Australian Mining writes.
- From dawn to dusk — equipment that lasts
In environments where products can be affected by extreme weather conditions while they are in near-constant use, reliability is key in keeping the wheels rolling.
- New advances in syngas production using latest process technology
Leigh Creek Energy uses the latest process control and automation technology for syngas production.
- Safe area monitoring in harsh environments
As mining companies shift further towards autonomous technology, safety provider Pilz is keeping up with the pace.
- METS Ignited welcomes Adrian Beer as new CEO
METS Ignited has appointed Adrian Beer as its new chief executive officer to guide the organisation’s move into the “execution phase” as an industry growth centre.
- Future of mining – digital transformation as a journey
To stay competitive, mines need to evolve their business and operation models to create a digitally enabled environment that is safe, efficient and sustainable.
- A Gold Road to Gruyere and beyond
Gold Road Resources has joined the ranks of Australian gold producers. What’s next for the company now it has reached this milestone?
- Even sewage can reduce operational expenses
As mining managers are constantly trying to find the answers to reduce operational costs it is possible that sewage treatment is being overlooked as part of the solution.
- National Group leads the way into an autonomous future
National Group is making moves in the mining industry with the acquisition of automation-focused Wolff Mining.
- Robust and versatile welding for the mining industry
Welding Industries of Australia has a number of welding solutions for the mining industry. Fuhai Liu, product & sales manager – end markets at Welding Industries of Australia talks through the latest offerings.
- Minova builds strength with Split Set Mining Systems
Ground support manufacturer Minova is making a comeback to the Western Australian mining market with a partnership and the product offerings of former longstanding distributor, Split Set Mining Systems.
- Hastings Deering calls Bluff with drill delivery
The mining equipment company has delivered Queensland’s first CAT MD6250 drill to the Bluff coal mine east of Blackwater.