- New pathways for Mining Leaders Program
The University of Queensland has added to its innovative Mining Leaders Program (MLP), offering for the first time the opportunity to receive credit towards the Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership.
- RFID non-contact technology
Checking pre-charge pressure on bladder and diaphragm accumulators! New connection adaptors enable the use of innovative sensors to check hydro-pneumatic accumulators without having to manually work on them. The new SBAA and SDAA types of accumulator adaptors from STAUFF enable the non-contact checking of the accumulator pre-charge pressure of hydro-pneumatic bladder and diaphragm accumulators using … Continue reading RFID non-contact technology
- Fleet Safety + Maintenance Tracking Management/Telemetry System
LSM Technologies FSM integrates to their OH&S hardware such as Tyre Monitoring Systems, Driver Fatigue Monitor, Quality Cabin Environmental Monitoring and CAS- Collision Avoidance System and more providing substantial cost- downs, productivity & proof of compliance.
- Flexco moves conveyor inspections into the digital age
The materials handling specialist has significantly improved the efficiency of its system audits through a digital app.
- Lithium anticipation rises to another level
From market darling to Australian mining’s major growth sector, lithium’s expansion has been undeniable.
- Rox targets improving nickel market
Rox Resources has been busy since winning Explorer of the Year at the 2015 Australian Mining Prospect Awards.
- Fenner Dunlop goes beyond the belt
Fenner Dunlop has enjoyed a strong 18 months, buoyed by resurgent commodity prices — particularly coal and iron ore — following a period of industry-wide downturn.
- PROK gets ready for the future of mining
NEPEAN Conveyors has set a strong foundation to expand the PROK Conveyors Components business since acquiring it from Sandvik last year.
- Global equipment trends: demand to grow
Volatile prices of commodities or raw materials is the major trend observed in the last few years, according to Grand View Research. The mining equipment market is also expected to witness the impact of this unpredictability.
- World Gold Council predicts gold surge in next 30 years due to China, India
The World Gold Council (WGC) has released an essay collection called Gold 2048, which claims that due to an expanding middle class contingent in countries like China and India, demand for gold will rise.
- Keeping equipment quiet
STAUFF is pleased to present the NRC-type clamps (Noise Reduction Clamp) for reducing noise and vibration in installations of pipes and tubes with outside diameters between 6 and 88.9 mm or ¼ to 3 ½“.
- How Mastermyne introduced a safety mindset across the company
Mastermyne has taken a relentless approach to improving safety. The company’s recognition as a finalist for The Safety Foremost Award at the Resource Industry Network’s (RIN) 2018 event is a reflection of this strategy.
- A new kind of miner emerges
Workforces in mining have evolved significantly to reflect the industry’s digital transformation. Deloitte’s Ian Sanders updates the progress made in this area.
- Trakka goes mobile
DINGO is opening up its renowned asset health management software Trakka to a wider audience with the launch of a new app for mobile. Australian Mining finds out more.
- XLR® POWERED Engine Air Intake Precleaner & Pre-Filtration Technology
World’s first and only XLR® (Extra Low Restriction) Engine Air In- take Powered Precleaner and Pre- Filtration Technology!
- Hybridisation is the ‘least-cost option’ for Australian mines
Hybridisation of their power supply, through the inclusion of renewables, offers Australian mining companies the opportunity to score a significant “triple win” in the form of reduced cash operating costs, reduced fuel prices and reduced exposure to carbon risk.
- RESPA & Q-CABAIR Precleaner + Filtration + Pressurisation Technology for Enclosed Cabins & Enclosures
Avoid expensive HVAC Component failure, choked Evaporators of in Operator Cabins and dust in Electrical Enclosures. RESPA® and Q-CABAIR™ is the best technology for protection of both your Human and Equipment Assets against harmful airborne particulate and fibre.
- The rise of flexible working environments
Mining is considered a sector that is driving the emergence of the fourth industrial revolution where new technologies are reshaping the industry.
- ABB banks on tech partnerships to benefit mining
Technology company ABB is a leading advocate of the value that forming partnerships can create when developing and optimising digital mining operations.
- Intelligent motor control delivers information and safety for mine explosives supplier
A new explosives manufacturing plant in Europe invests in the latest motor control technology from Australia