- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Drone company Airobotics takes flight
Automated drone developer Airobotics has secured several key milestones in the past year. Australian Mining catches up with the company to see what’s next.
- Lucapa’s diamond journey
Ewen Hosie speaks to Lucapa Diamond’s Stephen Wetherall about the company’s ambitious Brooking diamond venture in Western Australia.
- Contractor Wolff Mining recognised for automation excellence
Wolff Mining has received the Contract Miner of the Year Award for its innovative work at the Curragh mine in Queensland.
- MAN all-wheel-drive trucks prioritise safety on their tracks along with driver fatigue management
Penske Commercial Vehicles tells Australian Mining how it doesn’t compromise on class-leading comfort but makes it standard across all its vehicles.
- Rio Tinto recreates life on coral reef in Western Australia
Rio Tinto’s commitment to environmental sustainability has proven what has never been done before: vibrancy of life can be orchestrated on human-made reef.
- Creating cultural change in mining
MEC Mining general manager Maria Joyce has shown how driving a positive company culture delivers benefits to mining companies.
- Rio Tinto CEO targets a reinvention of mining
Rio Tinto chief executive officer Jean-Sebastien Jacques wants mining to reinvent itself and pioneer the industry into the 21st century
- Cove’s conveyor contraption makes idle work of idlers
Replacing idlers is an important part of conveyor maintenance. Cove Engineering is making this essential process safer and easier.
- Double take: Enerflow adds second SKF rig to fleet
Enerflow has embarked on the next stage of their planned expansion and with it brings another matching SKF rig into its fleet.
- Kirkland Lake unearths a golden era at Fosterville
Kirkland Lake Gold is confident the best is yet to come from its Fosterville mine near Bendigo.
- Mining mania returns to Australia’s island state
Tasmania has enjoyed a comeback in the mining sector over the past two years. Ewen Hosie speaks to experts in the state to find out why.
- Leading the charge: The electric success of Artisan Vehicles
Artisan is setting its sights on Australia following North American success with its line of electric-powered underground vehicles. Ewen Hosie reports.
- Enerflow: The first in safety first
Enerflow has embarked on its ISO journey with the intention of becoming a pioneer and industry leader for safety.
- Big plans for McLanahan as NSW facility opens
As McLanahan continues to grow with the opening of a new flagship facility in New South Wales, Australian Mining talks to APAC sales and marketing director Chris Knowles about the company’s evolution as an Australian mining provider.
- Boart Longyear: Engineering ideas
Due to having a team of engineers located throughout the world working closely with in-house drilling teams, Boart Longyear is able to develop products and put them through rigorous testing in both the lab and the field.
- Rock crusher measuring is made safer with VEGA’s VEGAPULS 69 sensor
VEGA’s non-contact, continuous level measurement system VEGAPULS 69 continues to prove its versatility in bulk solid measuring, being utilised for the purpose of rock crusher level control, a suitably high-risk operation.
- New Miller Big Blue model released with remote control welding technology
The latest version of the Miller Big Blue 800X – a multi-arc, three phase engine-driven welding machine – is now available.
- From small town to big mining region, a thought leader rises
BHP’s Jimblebar mine wouldn’t see the advancement it does today if it wasn’t for Elsabe Muller. Australian Mining writes.
- Creating a progressive workforce
Australian Mining speaks to Josh Bryant about the changes he has made at Mitchell Services that led to him winning the 2018 Sick Safety Advocacy Award.
- Austmine shares highlights from British Columbia mining mission
Austmine recently completed its first ever mining mission to British Columbia, Canada, a province rich with minerals ranging from high-quality met coal to copper and gold.