- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Remote mining operations on remote control
The future of mining will be on display in October when Australia’s largest mining conference examines the impact of technology on every aspect from exploration to production.
- Conveyor maintenance tips and tricks
Conveyor experts Jason Coe and Adam Wright from Flexco sit down with Australian Mining Editor Ben Creagh to discuss common conveyor belt issues and how to prevent them.
- VEGABAR Series 80: As easy as child’s play
With the introduction of the plics family around 10 years ago, VEGA turned the vision of simple, standardised measurement of level and pressure into reality.
- Partners’ tech pipelines vital to mine productivity
Far-sighted mining houses are delving deeper into the technology resources of their suppliers, aiming more than ever to leverage outside innovation for their own productivity.
- Last call – nominate for Prospect Awards
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards will take place in Brisbane for the first time in 2019 to recognise the mining industry’s biggest night of the year.
- SKF marks a century for leading bearing solution
The spherical roller bearing, which helps engineers accommodate heavy radial and axial loads in applications prone to misalignment or shaft deflections, celebrates its 100th birthday this year.
- Mobile machines withstand extreme conditions
The demands on controllers and sensors used in mining machinery, construction machines, municipal vehicles, agricultural and forestry machinery, port facilities and cranes is extremely high.
- A Rockwell Automation guide to using big data
The technology company has answers to one of the biggest challenges in mining at the moment: how to effectively use data.
- The solution to slurry contaminants and maximising water reuse
When it comes to underground hard rock mining, the produced slurry often presents significant concern in terms of contaminants and logistics.
- Resource and energy exports tipped to hit new records
Australia’s chief economist reported in June that the nation’s resource and energy exports are set to hit a new record of $285 billion in 2019–20, before falling back in 2020–21.
- The revival of the Victorian Goldfields
The romantic tale of Victoria’s resource rich landscape has entered into a new chapter, as junior and mid-tier companies explore the state’s unchartered depths.
- Get safer underground with the 03M anti-collision sensor system
Mining sites are fraught with risk. Heavy vehicles moving heavy loads with limited vision, are a real safety concern. The 03M ifm anti-collision sensor systems can dramatically improve the safety of your mine.
- Training simulators ensure mine safety and productivity
Underground mining offers enticing benefits but also grave safety risks. Immersive Technologies’ training simulators ensure companies have both covered.
- DataCloud blasts resource evaluation into new ground
Real-time subsurface evaluation of resources has become a reality through DataCloud’s combination of geoscience expertise and technological prowess.
- Driving the mining sector ‘mini boom’ in Queensland
The Mine Spec 4WD specialist team at FleetCrew are powered up for Queensland’s forecast ‘mini boom’.
- Diesel engine oil: Which one to choose?
Diesel engine oils: To remain on API CI-4 engine oil service classification, or transition to API CK-4 performance level? That is the question.
- Modular maintenance guides Liebherr aftersales service
Liebherr-Australia’s modular maintenance program is cutting downtime in half for some mining companies. Here, the company explains why it uses this aftersales approach to maintenance.
- Humble European company focuses on Australian market
From two people in Belgium to a global supplier of industrial equipment parts, TVH has become an established part of the Australian marketplace.
- How to take advantage of artificial intelligence in the mining industry
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is making waves by disrupting almost every aspect of our lives, business and industry, and mining is no exception.
- Technology trends drive mining’s future
Rapid technological change is affecting what we mine, especially as many developing economies can now skip some of the stages of modernisation that advanced economies have been through.