- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Pilbara iron ore mine site chooses HDPE over steel
A new conveyor guarding project at a major iron ore mine in the Pilbara region of Western Australia aims to increase safety for mining personnel.
- National Group edges closer to fully autonomous drilling
The National Group comprises of leading companies in the mining, resources, transport and logistics industries. Through Wolff Mining, the National Group has expanded its range of semi-autonomous equipment, with plans to implement fully autonomous drills in the near future.
- Pilbara drives Flender Australia’s WA expansion
With more than 1200 drives installed in the Western Australian mining market, Flender Australia is expanding with a new, purpose-built facility.
- StackCell flotation technology offers column-like performance in a smaller footprint
Full-scale plant trials conducted by Eriez verifies that low-profile StackCell flotation technology provides coal recoveries and product qualities comparable to column flotation systems.
- ScandiVanadium readies for exploration of new Paterson province gold project
ScandiVanadium has entered the booming Western Australian gold space after completing its acquisition of the Pascalle gold project in the state’s Paterson province last week.
- Webinar: Environmental intelligence strategies for dust, air quality, noise, vibration and water quality
Join Envirosuite on August 5 for a webinar that highlights essential strategies to tackle air quality, dust, vibration, noise and water quality issues at your mining operation. The webinar will demonstrate how strategies focussed on environmental intelligence are now providing environmental managers at mining operations with the ability to make sense of the “information avalanche” while boosting efficiency at their sites.
- Hexagon’s cyber mines of today
As a new decade is ushered in for the mining industry, conversations about digitalisation and automation are becoming more prevalent than ever before.
- Accurate and efficient drilling with Cat MD6310
Ausdrill is using Cat MD6310 drills to improve safety and efficiency in drill and blast operations at the Middlemount coal mine in Queensland.
- Minesafe International Conference goes online
The Minesafe International Conference 2020 (Minesafe 2020) is set to be the safest Minesafe event to date, as it moves online for the first time due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Solution engineering in action
Australian Mining explains how engineering solutions company, ASME Projects, has overcome the challenge of storing and handling Ammonium Nitrate on mine sites with an innovative solution.
- Enhancing conveyor safety with the right backstop solution
Altra Motion Australia has supplied the largest backstop the company has ever installed in Australia to a major gold producer. Backstops – or holdbacks – are critical components for any mine site that relies on conveyor belts for materials handling. While most commonly used as an anti-runback device to prevent reverse movement of belts in … Continue reading Enhancing conveyor safety with the right backstop solution
- Bridgestone Mining Solutions’ pit to port solutions
Bridgestone Mining Solutions branch manager Colin Sutherland explains what “total mobility from pit to port” means and why he is proud of his team at Mackay.
- FLSmidth to reduce emissions in cement, mining by 2030
Economic growth, urbanisation and growing populations are fuelling demand for new urban infrastructure, technology and modern conveniences.
- Australia’s gold ambitions paint PNG success
Mining affairs in Papua New Guinea are often portrayed as tricky, but St Barbara and Geopacific Resources are two Australian companies that say otherwise.
- The coal debate: Should the industry prepare for big changes?
With global demand for thermal coal forecasted to decline in the coming years, what does this mean for Australian coal and the players involved? Grattan Institute’s Tony Wood says there may be a lifeline if we start preparing now. Tara Hamid reports.
- RINGSPANN high speed, low speed backstops for conveyor applications
We showcase why RINGSPANN is such a powerhouse of information when it comes to application guidelines. Our USA-based colleagues from RINGSPANN Corporation have compiled a ready reckoner for commissioning and selection of backstops for customer applications.
- The secret to Ontrak Engineering’s export success
Born and bred in Australia, Ontrak Engineering has set the industry standard for the past 20 years. The company specialises in the design and manufacture of heavy-duty mining machinery and equipment and most recently added services such as feeder rentals and electrical engineering to its growing portfolio.
- Digital Twinning unearths revenue streams
Digital technology is paving the way for the mining industry’s next era, and the experts at Digital Twinning Australia are providing companies with the opportunity to unlock a full suite of financial benefits in the virtual world.
- Schenck Process’ whole-of-life approach to screening
Schenck Process has strengthened how the company works with mining clients by taking a whole-of-life outlook to the screens it designs and supplies to the industry.
- Securing mines with digital twin technology
A digital twin doesn’t need to stay inside the plant installation or commissioning box. Rockwell Automation illustrates how it can be used to enhance the safety of 21st century mines.