- The 100 worst performing miners
With the commodities rout taking its toll, the top 100 worse performing miners, as of Monday, are revealed.
- It’s the end of the world as we know it…again
The stockmarket crashes around the world are shaking mining hard, but how did we get to this position? Wesley Widmaier explains.
- Gold bullish as global stocks slump
The recent global market crashes are spelling good news for gold
- Is mining ready to break out of a bearish gold market?
Kip Keen analyses the best and worst gold performers since gold’s fall last month.
- AIMEX Preview: Tyre valve systems
Brisbane-based distributor and importer, Estry Trading Company, will showcase a range of OTR mining tyre valves and gauges at this year’s AIMEX.
- To fly or not to fly?
Questions about the mental health of FIFO workers launched a parliamentary inquiry in Western Australia. Is this a threat to a way of life for remote minesite workers, or simply another step on the long path of OHS improvement?
- AIMEX Preview: Cabling and rope
Cortland, the leading provider of high performance rope and assemblies, cables and umbilicals, is to exhibit at Asia-Pacific’s international mining exhibition (AIMEX) 2015, held at the Sydney Showground, Sydney Australia, from 1-4 September 2015.
- Who’s to blame when artificial intelligence systems go wrong?
With the mine becoming more automated, who is to blame when AI incidents occur: man or machine?
- AIMEX Preview: Thermal & Acoustic solutions
Pyrotek will be showcasing a range of acoustic and thermal solutions at Asia Pacific’s International Mining Exhibition.
- IsaMill minerals processing tech selected for gold mine
Glencore’s IsaMill technology has been selected by Sumitomo Metal Mining Pogo LLC for their Pogo Mine operation in Alaska.
- AIMEX Preview:Mine ventilation and cooling
Australia’s largest air conditioning manufacturer, ActronAir, will be showcasing its ventilation and HVAC machines at this year’s AIMEX.
- Mining asteroids : How it can be done [infographic]
As the potential for mining in space grows larger, questions are being raised on how it may actually be carried out.
- AIMEX Preview: Fleet management
At AIMEX 2015, Navman Wireless will be demonstrating their latest system, Qtanium Connect, a consolidated telematics portal specifically designed to manage fleets of mixed Equipment.
- AIMEX Preview: Conveyor monitoring
Industrial OEM, Vayeron, will debut is new centrepiece ‘Smart-Idler’ product at the 2015 Asia-Pacific’s International Mining Exhibition (AIMEX).
- Antarctica may hold the key to regulating mining in space
Can existing mining regulations in our most remote regions set the foundation for mining in space?
- It’s time for coal to make a stand [blog]
It’s time for ‘unethical’ coal to fight back
- AIMEX Preview: World’s largest mobile conveyor
The world’s largest mobile conveyor is headed to Sydney in September, with the Putzmeister Telebelt TB200 to be displayed at AIMEX.
- Space mining is closer than you think, and the prospects are great
Following trials of Planetary Resources first space mining craft launches, is asteroid mining on the horizon?
- AIMEX Preview: Hazard reduction systems
Strata Worldwide will use AIMEX to demonstrate its new systems designed to make underground mining safer.
- Gold mines closures set to drop output
As the gold price weakens, uneconomic mines will close, slashing global output.