- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Delivering on new prospects for mining
The 2018 Australian Mining Prospect Awards will take place this year at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Thursday, October 18, 2018. The event, now in its 15th year, celebrates the best and brightest of Australia’s world-renowned mining industry across 13 sponsored award categories.
- Reducing glare at mine sites
Lighting solution specialist HELLA responded to the lighting challenges in the mining industry by developing solutions to reduce potentially dangerous levels of glare from headlights.
- The unbreakable bond between oil and steel
While it might sound like the title to a heavy metal song, the unbreakable bond between oil and steel is very real and an indicator of how the global economy is trending.
- Connectivity: Enabling mining’s digital transformation
Austmine talks to its collaborative partners and members about how the Australian mining industry is becoming a digital environment.
- Usability the key focus for Micromine 2018 latest release
MICROMINE has released the latest version of its leading exploration and 3D mine design solution, Micromine 2018 Service Pack 2 to clients, which is available to download now.
- Roy Hill’s culture of collaboration
Collaboration is at the core of Roy Hill’s relationships with its contractors and suppliers. The success of the Roy Hill iron ore operation has relied on many factors, including relationships with mining services companies like Kal Tire.
- Cat dealer Hastings Deering talks the latest tech trends
Jason Smith, general manager for mining sales at Queensland-based Cat dealer Hastings Deering, discusses the latest equipment and technology trends with Australian Mining. The mining equipment sector experienced a lift in optimism in 2017 that has gathered momentum so far this year. Buoyed by the increasing health of coal and base metals prices, Queensland has … Continue reading Cat dealer Hastings Deering talks the latest tech trends
- Meet the ifm experts – Hao Yang
Meet Hao Yang, internal sales manager with ifm. Hao loves working with a company that is a family business with loyal employees and also loyal long-term customers.
- A custom fit: Catching up with Custom Mining Products
Custom Mining Products founder Robert Goldspink won not one, but two Prospect Awards in 2015 for his inventive underground mining products.
- Playing it safe: Five steps to boost safety and increase profitability using technology
The potential for increased operational profitability that can be realised through more effective safety management is really starting to turn heads, and is truly bringing safety and environmental integrity into the mainstream of industrial business processes.
- The fluidity of water management strategies
Water management strategies have progressed significantly in mining since they were primarily focused on how to secure access to the resource.
- Hitachi’s automation plan with Whitehaven Coal and beyond
Japanese equipment manufacturer Hitachi has set the foundation to play a role in Australia’s move towards an autonomous mining future.
- Why mining is turning its focus to end-to-end providers
Mining companies increasingly want to develop wide-ranging partnerships with suppliers and services companies to improve their operational performance.
- Meet the ifm experts — Aditya Kunder
Aditya Kunder (who goes by his shorter nickname Adi) is a mobile industry sales engineer at ifm – his expertise is in coming up with cost-effective solutions for customers.
- The gold standard: How Notre Dame could revolutionise extraction
Notre Dame University researchers have created a molecule that could deliver environmental and efficiency benefits for gold extraction.
- BMSA improves safety and extends tyre life with its OTR repair service
Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia (BMSA) endeavours to extend tyre life with its Bridgestone Repair System. Australian Mining talks to senior specialist Andrew Chapman.
- Screen time with Porter Group: Supporting regional customers
The high-pressure nature of the mining game is second nature to Western Australia’s Mineral Crushing Services, who have recently added a Sandvik QE341 scalping screen to help remove metal contaminates and process mill scats.
- Another mining evolution emerges in Western Australia’s Goldfields
As the gold industry hits its latest milestone in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, new opportunities have also arrived in the famous mining region.
- Mapping the mine with 3D printing
3D Systems and BCA Consulting combined forces on an ambitious client venture to 3D print a mine map that could be broken down by project phases.
- Seaco containers efficiently guide miners from pit to port
The container leasing company has added value to various industries over the past 50 years. Now, it is targeting growth in this regard with mining companies.