- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Prospect Awards review: Morris delivers a step up for Indigenous workers
Morris Corporation has always stood out in the world of hospitality and facilities management, having established itself in the six decades since its inception as Australia’s largest privately-owned company in the sector.
- Prospect Awards review: Myuna Colliery’s strata-spheric comeback
Myuna Colliery was facing closure until Centennial Coal stepped in with its Myuna Herringbone system.
- Prospect Awards review: Grange upgrades Savage River mill to drive efficiencies
Grange Resources has successfully reduced costs and boosted the efficiency of its Savage River iron ore operation in Tasmania through a mill upgrade project.
- Prospect Awards review: YUMARR Automation improves underground safety
Bolstering the frontline of an underground mine is a critical part of every operation. The risk of inadvertent contact with moving booms and entanglement in rotating drill steels continues to be an industry-wide problem for people working underground with drill rigs.
- Prospect Awards review: Collaborative contractor BGC wins second straight award
BGC Contracting stands out in Australia’s mining services environment with a focused strategy that is benefitting miners around the country.
- Prospect Awards review: Carob fuel solution secures environmental award for Columbus Group
Columbus Group won the Metso Excellence in Environmental Management at the 2017 Prospect Awards in Sydney for its research into carob fuel.
- Magnets and drill swarms: ways to mine an asteroid
Planetary Resources, one of the premier researchers of commercial deep space exploration, has highlighted potential methods to mine asteroids in future.
- Prospect Awards review: Rinehart ramps up contribution to mining at Roy Hill
The success of the Roy Hill iron ore operations highlights a long list of achievements in mining for Hancock Prospecting chair Gina Rinehart.
- Prospect Awards review: Gwalia gold mine grows old gracefully
The historic Gwalia gold mine in Western Australia is set for the next stage in its 120-year life after St Barbara launched an extension project at the site this year.
- Prospect Awards review: Moranbah North scoops top Australian mine honours
A focused approach to improving the overall performance of Anglo American’s Moranbah North coal mine has proven rewarding for the major mining company.
- No teething troubles at Wiluna Gold
SEW-Eurodrive has efficiently upgraded the girth gear at Blackham Resources’ Wiluna gold mine in Western Australia, saving the miner a significant amount of lost production.
- Carryback no match for belt cleaning system upgrades
How Port Kembla Coal Terminal and Flexco worked together to improve safety, operating and environmental performance, and reliability of the belt cleaning systems.
- Reducing maintenance downtime in mining shovel lift
A look at how Enerpac’s EVO synchronous lift technology increases safety and reducing maintenance downtime in mining.
- Belt repair and replacement in record time
A torn conveyor belt and an extended shutdown replacement schedule may not be every production manager’s worst nightmare – but it probably ranks in the top 10.
- Kal Tire adds value for Australian miners
Kal Tire has consolidated its position in the competitive Australian mining marketplace in recent years. The Canadian company now plans to add further value to the industry through innovation.
- Schenck Process delivers modern-day intelligence to mining
Equipment manufacturer Schenck Process is focused on making its assets smarter to support the strategies of mining companies.
- Focus on industry relationships sets MICROMINE apart
Building strong relationships with mining industry partners continues to guide the growth of software developer Micromine.
- ESS welcomes a new general manager
Australian Mining speaks to ESS Engineering’s new general manager Peter Thorpe as he settles in to his new role.
- Liebherr enters 100-tonne truck class
Liebherr new T 236 mining truck demonstrates the company’s continued innovation in design, paired with the evolution of its own high quality components and technology.
- Managing impacts of open-cut mine blasting
EnviroSuite’s Matt Scholl discusses how predictive software has been effective in managing the impacts of blasting activities.