- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Envisioning a more efficient, more responsible mining future
Mining companies have a role to play in reducing their environmental footprint. But this shouldn’t mean less efficiency for them. FLSmidth has solutions that offer both benefits.
- Bridgestone Mining Solutions’ OTR tyres and belts
Discover the benefits of partnering with Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia for off-the-road (OTR) tyre and belts supply, as explained by Alvise Raccanello, OTR tyres and belts sales manager.
- Erizon breathes new life into Queensland coal site
Erizon has worked alongside Rio Tinto to rehabilitate part of a highly productive coal mine into a thriving land of vegetation. Erizon environmental consultant Glenn Sullivan explains how.
- Derrick G-Vault increases production, lowers maintenance costs for Ontario gold producer
As the standards of managing a resourceful mining operation grow exponentially, a gold mine’s production schedule is under constant scrutiny.
- Blast overbreak reduced by 12 per cent at Australian mine
Dyno Nobel’s latest initiation technology, EZshot LP for underground perimeter blasting, continues its strong uptake by mining customers across Australia.
- Austmine’s CEO discusses leadership during difficult times
Chris Gibbs Stewart reinforces how strong leadership can be the vital ingredient that steers organisations through challenges such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How to get the most out of your crusher
Australian Mining speaks to comminution expert, Peter Erlynne, about how plant operators can get the best run from their crushers and avoid unnecessary downtime.
- BHP, West Coast take next generation under their wings
The mining industry has long been a contributor to the lifeblood of Western Australia. For BHP, that commitment goes beyond the sector with its West Coast Eagles partnership
- Mining heavyweights trust the ‘unbreakable’ Timken bearing units
Timken is one of BSC’s key partners for bearing products, with BSC acting as the sole supplier of the Timken spherical roller bearing solid-block housed units in Australia.
- Western Labour Hire paves the way for Indigenous employment
Western Labour Hire is much more than a business to operations manager Adrian Connolly, who has worked tirelessly to engage with local communities to provide Indigenous employment and mentorship opportunities within industry, including the mining sector.
- The advancing relationship between mid-tier miners and technology
Technological progress looks like many things to different mining companies. Australian Mining finds out what it means to mid-tier miners OZ Minerals, New Century Resources and Mineral Resources.
- BMSA on-site service: We come to you
Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia have the capability to deploy tyre fitting service crews at customer sites. Learn more about the Bridgestone Onsite Service here.
- Keeping those ball mills turning
When it comes to the mechanical components of ball mills – which are essential to any hard rock mining operation – the focus is often on the trunnion bearings. But it’s actually the pinion bearings, which are responsible for turning the ball mill around, that work the hardest.
- Is your mining workforce ready for digital transformation?
Rockwell Automation has conducted research covering workforce trends, mining advancements and how they all converge to shape the industry for the future.
- On track: Helping miners drive down rail costs
In a vast country like Australia, railways are crucial to almost every heavy-haul mining operation. Loram offers a range of solutions to help miners get the most life out of their railway infrastructure.
- Concept saves valuable nickel from waste
When Concept Environmental Services was approached by a major mining company for a tailings solution that would allow it to not only store waste appropriately, but also use the product in the process at a later date, it rose to the challenge.
- Improving the life of mining machinery with regular oil analysis
CBC is a national distributor of Shell Lubricants and supports the lubrication needs of mining and quarrying customers in partnership with Viva Energy – Shell’s exclusive licensee in Australia.
- Australian tradies choose customisable SP Tools kits for mining jobs
As a leading national supplier to a wide range of industries in Australia, BSC has been working closely with SP Tools over the past 10 years, offering premium tool solutions for different market segments.
- A2K Technologies leads the tech world in helping manage social distancing
There is no doubt the mining industry will have to adopt different practices to not only manage the current requirements of social distancing but to also manage any future breakouts or spikes in COVID-19.
- The entrepreneurial zeal of Australia’s potash industry
Potash is on track to become Australia’s next untapped resource with a promising future that could turn the country into a global frontrunner for production and exportation.