- Carryback no match for belt cleaning system upgrades
How Port Kembla Coal Terminal and Flexco worked together to improve safety, operating and environmental performance, and reliability of the belt cleaning systems.
- Reducing maintenance downtime in mining shovel lift
A look at how Enerpac’s EVO synchronous lift technology increases safety and reducing maintenance downtime in mining.
- Belt repair and replacement in record time
A torn conveyor belt and an extended shutdown replacement schedule may not be every production manager’s worst nightmare – but it probably ranks in the top 10.
- Kal Tire adds value for Australian miners
Kal Tire has consolidated its position in the competitive Australian mining marketplace in recent years. The Canadian company now plans to add further value to the industry through innovation.
- Schenck Process delivers modern-day intelligence to mining
Equipment manufacturer Schenck Process is focused on making its assets smarter to support the strategies of mining companies.
- Focus on industry relationships sets MICROMINE apart
Building strong relationships with mining industry partners continues to guide the growth of software developer Micromine.
- ESS welcomes a new general manager
Australian Mining speaks to ESS Engineering’s new general manager Peter Thorpe as he settles in to his new role.
- Liebherr enters 100-tonne truck class
Liebherr new T 236 mining truck demonstrates the company’s continued innovation in design, paired with the evolution of its own high quality components and technology.
- Managing impacts of open-cut mine blasting
EnviroSuite’s Matt Scholl discusses how predictive software has been effective in managing the impacts of blasting activities.
- Hegarty takes a golden path
Owen Hegarty’s career in mining has taken him to all corners of the globe, but this year he has found himself back on familiar ground.
- How mining supports Indigenous Australians
With an estimated 60 per cent of Australian mines located near Indigenous communities, how does this translate into benefits for Indigenous people?
- Vanadium emerges from the shadows
Vanadium is the latest mineral to attract attention for its use in the batteries that will shape the energy marketplace of the future.
- The top risks facing mining in 2018
Digital effectiveness has emerged as the number one risk for the mining and metals industry, according to Ernst & Young’s (EY) latest Top 10 business risks facing mining and metals report.
- Pike River survivor keeps safety at the centre of mining
Australian Mining speaks to forensic engineer Dr Sean Brady and Pike River mine survivor Daniel Rockhouse, two keynote speakers at this year’s Queensland Mining Industry Health and Safety Conference.
- Maintenance season tools focus on safety and time-saving efficiency
A new generation of controlled fastening solutions from global professional bolting leader Enerpac is ready for the maintenance season following a series of product innovations relating to workplace efficiency, speed, reliability and safety.
- FLSmidth optimises fine coal circuit
Mineral processing specialist FLSmidth is providing ongoing design and operational guidance to increase fine coal output and productivity improvements at one of New South Wales’ premier open pit coal mines.
- Silver follows the lead of gold
Nicholas Frappell reviews the market performance of the precious metals sector in the September quarter in the second part of ABC Bullion’s review of the three-month period.
- Gold price fluctuates in September quarter on US dollar, North Korea concerns
ABC Bullion’s Nicholas Frappell reviews the performance of the gold market in the September quarter in the company’s precious metals review for the three months.
- Boart Longyear keeps new starts safe as the market rebounds
Boart Longyear’s safety and training manager for west and central Australia, David Hay, discusses the importance of safety for new workers entering the mining industry.
- Taking operational performance to the next level
VEGA managing director John Leadbetter explores the rise in smart technology solutions for the mining industry and ways suppliers can strengthen their relationships with customers.