- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Cat R2900 loader launch turns heads
Hastings Deering is delivering the productivity, green and safety needs of its mining company partners with the release of the Cat R2900 underground loader.
- What’s in a celebration?
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards enters its 17th year doing what it does best: giving credit where credit is due.
- TOTAL DYNATRANS ACX range: Oil technology achieves a world first
Total’s ongoing commitment to the earthmoving industry is once again proven with its new oil technology for earthmoving and off-highway machinery, TOTAL DYNATRANS ACX.
- McLanahan eliminates bottlenecks, increases production with simple modifications
As part of an upgrade to an existing three-stage crushing circuit a customer was able to eliminate bottlenecks, decrease fines and increase production.
- XXL SHEDS undeterred by extra-large machinery
The scope and size of a mine site demands adequate infrastructure that helps operations run smoothly.
- Loadscan gives mining automated load volume scanning
Loadscan has been providing services to the civil construction and bark and mulch industries for two decades, but its entrance into mining only began in 2010.
- Weighing up the advantages of LASE scanning technology
LASE often calls its laser measurement systems the eyes of machines, helping users to see more with their volume measurement to answer many commonly asked materials handling questions.
- Better partnerships, the social investor lead 2020 Deloitte trends
For many years mining companies have been urged to improve how they collaborate in the industry and their supply chain through joint ventures and partnerships.
- East Lachlan guides future NSW gold potential
Nestled between two highly mineralised volcanic belts, the unique geometry of the East Lachlan region in New South Wales continues to prove its world-class attributes.
- DYNA Engineering conveyor guards safer than steel
HDPE (high density polythyelene) conveyor guards are revolutionising the conveyor industry because traditional steel guards cannot match HDPE’s superior safety, convenience and lower maintenance benefits.
- Thorpe to continue McCurdy legacy at PDS
Having a close relationship with the late former PDS director, Peter McCurdy, it is on slightly bittersweet terms that Peter Thorpe takes on the role of PDS general manager. He is however excited to continue a vision to grow the company in 2020.
- Pay-as-you-go mining software benefits junior explorers
MICROMINE, Australia’s leading mining software solution provider, knows that when a miner is looking to get a project off the ground, funds can be tight.
- Liebherr lines up the workers of tomorrow
The original equipment manufacturer is ensuring its workforce will be equipped for the changing demands of the mining industry by investing in apprentices.
- Miners sound the alarm at Victorian rescue competition
Anyone passing Yallourn mine in Victoria’s Latrobe Valley during October may have thought there were a number of serious incidents occurring with all of the chaos going on. Salomae Haselgrove explains what was really happening.
- InEight moves advanced work packaging from idea to implementation
In keeping with its mission to build project confidence through advanced technology, InEight introduces an industry-first, comprehensive framework designed to help organisations adopt and fully implement an Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) practice.
- ‘Plug and play’ mining skids reduce costs and time when outfitting a site
Equipping a mining site can be a challenging endeavour – it is often expensive, time consuming and the machinery must meet strict specifications.
- What to consider when choosing fuel transfer systems
Transferring and measuring the flow of liquids has become a critical requirement in many industries, including the mining sector.
- Mid-tier miners make progress with diversity
Gender diversity is at the top of the agenda for many firms, not as a societal obligation but because of the real value it delivers.
- National Group seeks new team members
Looking for a career in the mining, resources, transport or logistics industry?
- Will coal get a chance to breathe in climate-aware future?
Rising energy demand and climate concerns are facing off over the continuity of coal production in Australia.