- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- MacKellar diversifies Liebherr fleet to drive growth
In the hunt for contracts in Queensland’s coal sector, MacKellar Mining has turned to Liebherr for the supply of equipment that offers a competitive advantage.
- Vernetzen makes automation dreams a reality
A big hurdle in the way of implementing autonomous haulage systems underground isn’t the equipment, but instead the backbone of the operation. Australian Mining speaks with Vernetzen about its innovative Wi-Fi solution.
- CAPS’ ‘Miner’s Packs’ rent with purchase option proves popular in WA and Qld
CAPS Australia have been renting out air compressors to industrial markets for over 40 years, but their ‘Miner’s Pack’ Rental with Purchase Option (RPO) has been met with increased popularity in many mining sites of Western Australia and Queensland respectively in the last year.
- Mideco fends off secondary dust exposure, COVID-19
Dust control engineering specialist Mideco combats two central problems for mine operators – dust exposure and body temperature spikes – with a single solution: Bat Booth 2.0.
- Expanding the RINGSPANN narrative in Australia
RINGSPANN’s mastery of power transmission components has come a long way from its German roots over 70 years ago, with the company continuing to build its presence in the Australian mining market.
- Nu Scientific safe proofs underground mines
Regardless of what is mined, most underground operations produce radon or some kind of radon daughter products, which can make the breathing environment harmful for workers. Australian Mining finds out how Nu Scientific’s range of Radon Scout products protect workers.
- SKF helps companies increase performance, productivity from horizontal grinding mills
Best in class is not an unachievable concept when it comes to horizontal grinding mill performance – the most critical asset of a hard rock mining operation.
- Surat Basin miners double throughput with McLanahan carbide teeth
McLanahan has delivered reduced downtime and lower maintenance costs with carbide impregnated teeth for its range of crushing equipment.
- G-Vault interstage screens process golden results
Operational inefficiencies are a common occurrence in dry and wet processing. Jim Colgrove reveals what truly sets Derrick’s G-Vault interstage screen apart when it comes to avoiding these issues.
- Defying the trend: No sign of slowdown for Fenner Dunlop
The mining industry’s increasing demand for efficient conveyor belt solutions has driven conveyor belt manufacturer, Fenner Dunlop, to expand its Western Australia manufacturing facility to keep up.
- Removing FIFO requirements with Digital Twinning
Digital Twinning Australia’s virtual solutions for the mining industry are reducing the need for fly-in, fly-out travel, allowing workers to spend more time with their families.
- Galileo intersects significant Lantern sulphide mineralisation
Diamond drilling of priority targets at Galileo Mining’s Lantern prospect in Western Australia’s Fraser Range nickel belt has intersected significant nickel-copper sulphide mineralisation and demonstrated the exceptional potential of the area.
- Forty years in the making: A glimpse into CAPS’ journey through three generations
Three generations of the McIntyre family have contributed to making CAPS Australia the largest independent compressed air and power generation provider in a span of 40 years. Australian Mining speaks to them about the company’s journey. Bob McIntyre’s decision to go solo and start his own air compressor supply business could not have happened at … Continue reading Forty years in the making: A glimpse into CAPS’ journey through three generations
- Boss of the underground environment
Astec Industries’ new line-up of underground equipment incorporates game-changing technology for the mining sector: the hydraulic wheel drive.
- Blasting quality boosted by technology and data
BME has developed a detonator system that set the world’s previous record blast in a coal mine in Australia. The company is now introducing complementary technologies that help contribute to a seamless blasting operation.
- Fresh leadership spearheads mining’s digital transformation
MICROMINE chief executive officer Andrew Birch has exhibited the legacy and impact that one person is capable of creating in a year. Australian Mining tells his story.
- Opening Australian skies to Australian mines
DroneDeploy’s expertise in drone aerial data services is transforming the way mine sites are operated and maintained as the company now takes flight in Australia. Nickolas Zakharia writes.
- ITM keeps undercarriages rolling from coast to coast
ITM is helping Australian mines maintain their undercarriage solutions across the country, servicing iron ore and gold mines in the west and coal operations in the east. Managing director Adrian Battley discusses the company’s presence in eastern Australia.
- Is EMN’s manganese play set to have a major role in Europe’s EV future?
The most notable trend related to the transition to electric vehicles (EVs) over the last 12 months is the acceleration in electric car sales in Europe.
- Gain your customers trust touch free ice cream delivery
Riva has developed a new touch free sensor delivery system!