- Contractor Wolff Mining recognised for automation excellence
Wolff Mining has received the Contract Miner of the Year Award for its innovative work at the Curragh mine in Queensland.
- Rio Tinto CEO targets a reinvention of mining
Rio Tinto chief executive officer Jean-Sebastien Jacques wants mining to reinvent itself and pioneer the industry into the 21st century
- Rio Tinto recreates life on coral reef in Western Australia
Rio Tinto’s commitment to environmental sustainability has proven what has never been done before: vibrancy of life can be orchestrated on human-made reef.
- Kirkland Lake unearths a golden era at Fosterville
Kirkland Lake Gold is confident the best is yet to come from its Fosterville mine near Bendigo.
- Andrew Forrest’s lifetime of achievement
For the past 15 years the success of Fortescue Metals Group and growth of the Pilbara iron ore industry has been guided by one man – Andrew Forrest, winner of the Prospect Awards Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Creating the process plant of the future
As digitisation continues to disrupt the mineral processing space, Austmine members Ausenco and PETRA Data Science explore the future process plant in operation.
- On guard with ESS
ESS has updated its EZI-GUARD safety system with a few tweaks over the past year. Australian Mining takes a look at the latest upgrades.
- Bosch Rexroth’s ODiN brings the human touch to machine data
Bosch Rexroth is driving the next industrial revolution as both a lead operator and lead supplier of Industry 4.0 solutions.
- Digital simulators: A personal approach to training mining operators
Personal simulator training can save money in maintenance costs and extend machinery lifetime. It is also used as a pre-screening tool in an aptitude test when recruiting for mining operators.
- ifm efector is optimising operations with Octavis
Smart maintenance has become an important component in modern mine operations, allowing for real-time data collection and analysis from the production floor.
- The importance of temperature-controlled mine cooling in summer
Energy Power Systems Australia (EPSA) is poised to fire up their temperature control capability as the summer months approach.
- BMSA: Keeping mine trucks moving
Australian Mining speaks to Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia’s onsite service experts to find out what makes the service so enduring.
- The rush to replace reserves is on
A negative of any downturn is the reduction in development and exploration it brings. Australian Mining explains how industry has responded since market conditions have improved.
- Gold vs Bitcoin: The melee over your money
ABC Bullion chief economist Jordan Eliseo discusses the relative benefits of gold and bitcoin.
- Kal Tire: Keeping Roy Hill safe with effective tyre management
Roy Hill and Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group have collaborated to reduce tyre maintenance risks at the Pilbara iron ore operation.
- Going for gold: A non-toxic solution to gold leaching
Researchers at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) have extracted and produced gold using a non-toxic chemical process in an Australian first. Australian Mining speaks with project lead Paul Breuer to find out more.
- Industrial revolutions: Using IIoT to create profitable efficiencies
The vast potential of IIoT is finally giving industrial companies the ability to control their business performance in real time and drive operational profitability improvements – safely and sustainably.
- Miller’s exclusive welding technology ArcReach arrives in Australia
Don’t walk, weld — that’s how Miller sum up the benefits of their smart, state-of-the-art multi-process welding machine, the XMT 350 FieldPro.
- Is coal mining a bad risk?
Pressure is building on the insurance industry to step away from the coal industry, potentially making some operations unviable.
- Saving lives with emergency escape masks
Australian Mining talks to Safety and Defence Solutions owner Gila Davidson about Kimax, the latest design in chemical escape masks from Duram Mask.