- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Maintenance: 30 years of METS sector transformation
Austmine talks to its member groups to find out how maintenance in the METS sector has changed in the past three decades.
- Handling the pressure: ESS unveils the safest air cannon yet
The build-up of materials in bulk storage systems is a common bulk materials handling issue. When silos and bunkers accumulate material around their perimeters, it can slow operations down or even stop bulk material flow altogether.
- What’s the hold up?
Tivar is one solution to many problems when it comes to bulk material handling. It’s not fazed by the many characteristics of Australia’s commodities in wet or dry conditions.
- Axeing the hidden costs of mining operation
Paul Cobbin of Hydroflux urges mining companies to make sludge disposal a forethought before it costs them big bucks.
- Sustainable mining a must to meet demand
Industrial recycling — creating value from waste — is fast becoming a necessity and increasingly presents both incredible business opportunities and environmentally sound practice, writes Dan Webber, CDE regional manager Australasia.
- Hitachi commits to Australia for the long haul
Hitachi Construction Machinery continues to make waves in the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) sector with the release of new models in its mining fleet.
- Breathing quality air underground
The daily contact underground workers have with harsh mining environments requires that companies consider all essential parts of mine ventilation. With 20 years’ experience, Minova provides the optimum protection mining needs.
- State-of-the-art processing plant under installation at Centrex Metals’ phosphate site
Australian mining company Centrex Metals has partnered with CDE Meta to deliver a state-of-the-art wet processing plant, currently under installation at the Ardmore site in Queensland.
- Conveyor maintenance tips and tricks
Conveyor experts Jason Coe and Adam Wright from Flexco sit down with Australian Mining Editor Ben Creagh to discuss common conveyor belt issues and how to prevent them.
- Technology set to support jobs
One of Australia’s leading innovators in mine site automation suggests the technology is more likely to support the jobs of workers rather than take them away.
- The drive to improve performance
Nord Drivesystems’ Industrial Gear Units have helped raise the bar for a Western Australian producer’s conveyor drive systems.
- May the force be with you
A 21-strong team at Mobile Energy Australia powers up a range of mining equipment maintenance activities with one sturdy compressor.
- Plug and unplug: Engineering designs that work
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s visit to AusProof’s Gladstone factory in Queensland during April recognised the company’s standing as an innovator and domestic manufacturer.
- Hilliard brakes through Australian market
Hilliard Corporation is well known in the United States and South American mining industries, but has also emerged as a prominent Tier 2 supplier for plant and equipment installations in Australia.
- Downstream efficiencies driven by practical innovation
Following proven success in North America, Dyno Nobel has officially rolled out its industry leading, Differential Energy technology to some major Western Australian mine sites, with further testing and site conversions to follow.
- Using proximity detection technology in mining safety training
While underground mines are unquestionably safer than they once were, accidents and injuries associated with mobile machinery remain a primary concern.
- BMC embarks on a ‘once in a lifetime opportunity’
As BMC Minerals revels in the prospects of its Kudz Ze Kayah project, Alex Gluyas discusses what the Yukon site means for the company’s future with chief executive Scott Donaldson.
- Mine technology push means new approaches to digitisation
As mining companies increasingly look to new technologies to improve their productivity, they are starting to think differently about how they approach digitisation and automation.
- Climbing on world’s riches
PwC mining leader Chris Dodd uses the storytelling power of numbers to depict the past and future of the industry.
- Weir Minerals lifts heavy weights with specialised tools
Weir Minerals produces lifting tools for the safe handling of slurry pump parts, putting safety at the heart of its innovation.