- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- FLSmidth to reduce emissions in cement, mining by 2030
Economic growth, urbanisation and growing populations are fuelling demand for new urban infrastructure, technology and modern conveniences.
- Crusader Hose takes mining expertise to South Australian water project
The company is helping supply much-needed water to the Northern Adelaide Plains with its layflat technology.
- Insight from Total: Impacts of IMO global sulfur cap on in-land HFO users
The International Maritime Organization has driven a rapid transformation of the shipping industry with the enforcement of a 0.5 per cent cap to the sulfur content of fuel oil, a significant cut from prior 3.5 per cent.
- Double layer conveyor belts
Columbus Group chief executive Donald Yates gives insight into how to improve the performance of conveyor belts in a way that may not have previously been considered. Sometimes, making more of the small gains can really add up, particularly when questioning the long and established norms of how things can be done. Moving ores around … Continue reading Double layer conveyor belts
- Mine Runner returns better than ever
Astec Australia’s Mine Runner is recognised as one of the most conveniently designed pieces of machinery used in underground mines. The new EWB model takes the design even further. The latest Mine Runner extended wheel base (EWB) model builds on the original design loved by underground mining companies across Australia. More than just a piece … Continue reading Mine Runner returns better than ever
- Manufacturing in Australia
Thirty years ago, while expanding its product line to incorporate a range of belt conveyor products to support their legendary range of mechanical belt fasteners, the board of directors at Flexco made the decision to break into the Australian market.
- Digging deeper for Victoria’s golden rewards
The upward spiral in production and grades at the Fosterville gold mine has reignited interest in the riches that the central Victorian Goldfields offer.
- Cat R2900 loader launch turns heads
Hastings Deering is delivering the productivity, green and safety needs of its mining company partners with the release of the Cat R2900 underground loader.
- What’s in a celebration?
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards enters its 17th year doing what it does best: giving credit where credit is due.
- TOTAL DYNATRANS ACX range: Oil technology achieves a world first
Total’s ongoing commitment to the earthmoving industry is once again proven with its new oil technology for earthmoving and off-highway machinery, TOTAL DYNATRANS ACX.
- McLanahan eliminates bottlenecks, increases production with simple modifications
As part of an upgrade to an existing three-stage crushing circuit a customer was able to eliminate bottlenecks, decrease fines and increase production.
- XXL SHEDS undeterred by extra-large machinery
The scope and size of a mine site demands adequate infrastructure that helps operations run smoothly.
- Loadscan gives mining automated load volume scanning
Loadscan has been providing services to the civil construction and bark and mulch industries for two decades, but its entrance into mining only began in 2010.
- Weighing up the advantages of LASE scanning technology
LASE often calls its laser measurement systems the eyes of machines, helping users to see more with their volume measurement to answer many commonly asked materials handling questions.
- Better partnerships, the social investor lead 2020 Deloitte trends
For many years mining companies have been urged to improve how they collaborate in the industry and their supply chain through joint ventures and partnerships.
- East Lachlan guides future NSW gold potential
Nestled between two highly mineralised volcanic belts, the unique geometry of the East Lachlan region in New South Wales continues to prove its world-class attributes.
- DYNA Engineering conveyor guards safer than steel
HDPE (high density polythyelene) conveyor guards are revolutionising the conveyor industry because traditional steel guards cannot match HDPE’s superior safety, convenience and lower maintenance benefits.
- Thorpe to continue McCurdy legacy at PDS
Having a close relationship with the late former PDS director, Peter McCurdy, it is on slightly bittersweet terms that Peter Thorpe takes on the role of PDS general manager. He is however excited to continue a vision to grow the company in 2020.
- Pay-as-you-go mining software benefits junior explorers
MICROMINE, Australia’s leading mining software solution provider, knows that when a miner is looking to get a project off the ground, funds can be tight.
- Liebherr lines up the workers of tomorrow
The original equipment manufacturer is ensuring its workforce will be equipped for the changing demands of the mining industry by investing in apprentices.