- Lithium electrifies the Pilbara
Western Australia’s Pilbara may be better known for iron ore, but lithium is quickly making its name in the region.
- Improving steel casing installation in underground mines
Pybar Mining Services has developed a process that streamlines the drilling and installation of steel casing in underground mining situations.
- Why Fit Matters – Disposable Respirators Are A Proven Defence
Why Fit Matters Employers can have the best intentions when it comes to protecting their workforce from harmful airborne particles, but unless the supplied equipment works properly then it is a pointless exercise. Disposable respirators are a proven defence against a range of airborne media. A good disposable respirator can have the best features in … Continue reading Why Fit Matters – Disposable Respirators Are A Proven Defence
- Minimising downtime with equipment inspections
In current market conditions, it is common for mining companies to explore ways to extend the life of their mining equipment, according to Eriez.
- Bold porphyry copper exploration program aims to unearth sleeping giant in South Australia
A junior Adelaide-based resources company has high hopes that a bold new drilling program will trigger a copper exploration boom in South Australia.
- The future of underground mining at Carrapateena
Mining contractor Pybar applies innovative technologies at Oz Minerals’ Carrapateena project in South Australia.
- Digging more for iron ore
Australian Mining spoke to Carpentaria Exploration managing director Quentin Hill about the development of the Hawsons iron ore project near Broken Hill.
- Improving operational performance with mill lining design
Optimising a mill’s lining design is an important consideration in the pursuit of operational excellence, according to Trelleborg.
- Prospect Awards winners profile: Minearc
Australian Mining speaks with former Prospect Awards recipient Minearc to discuss the new equipment designed by the company since its win in 2014.
- Delivering plant wide control for Arrium Mining’s Iron Knob operation
Rockwell Automation assisted Arrium Mining on the design, installation and commissioning of modular crushing and screening equipment to process and stockpile hematite iron ore at Iron Knob.
- Eureka! Striking gold in Australia
While the price of gold wavered from its usual steadiness at the end of 2016 Australia has continued to explore and develop gold operations into the new year.
- Driving down operating costs with medium voltage drives
Australian Mining speaks with Delta Energy Systems’ regional manager (industrial automation) David Bolt about the advantages of medium voltage drives in the mining sector.
- Is Australia’s exploration sector preparing for a turnaround?
Exploration activity in Australia has been noticeably lower for the past five years, but there are signs of optimism.
- Digging deep into data management
Australian Mining spoke to Andrew Walters, data analysis lead at Hitachi Data Systems, on the importance of data management amid the growing shift towards automation in the mining industry.
- Lithium Australia targets sustainability with processing technology
Lithium Australia is edging closer to the commercialisation of its Sileach processing method after promising testing of the breakthrough technology in 2016.
- 10 essential Australian mining conferences to attend in 2017
A list of the 10 essential Australian mining conferences to attend this year that will provide key insights into the future of the industry.
- Embracing a new age in connectivity
David Hegarty, managing director of Rockwell Australia and New Zealand, outlines what the Internet of Things means for manufacturers in the Oceania region.
- Precious metals v mining stocks: What you need to know
Senior analyst for The Morgan Report discusses which is best: owning physical precious metals or owning mining stocks.
- Timber is no support tool
Tony Brooks, director of Safety MITS (Mining Industrial Trade Suppliers), discusses the dangers of using timber to support heavy loads.
- Diversity shapes the future of mining workforces
In Australia, the push for diverse workforces is a mining recruitment trend that looks like it is here to stay. However, don’t expect emerging technologies, like autonomous equipment, to heavily influence workforces just yet.