- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Protect your engines: Summertime diesel dos and don’ts
Diesel engines are generally more tolerant of high temperatures than petrol engines, but summer heat still can be hard on them.
- Driving change underground at Darlot
Drivetrain Australia, an Engenco company, has pledged its support in ensuring Red 5 unlocks the maximum potential of two brand-new Kovatera UT99 underground utility vehicles that were delivered to the Darlot mine in November last year.
- Makuri leads in optimising process front end performance
Makuri Technology is rapidly gaining a reputation as the right team to partner with in the supply of high-performance wear parts.
- Balancing operational objectives with social licence
Envirosuite is combining artificial and human intelligence to create environmental intelligence, using meaningful data to make educated decisions for the best operational and social outcomes.
- National Group honours Australia’s top mine at Prospect Awards
In what has been a challenging year for the mining industry, an event like the Prospect Awards is more important than ever. Australian Mining speaks with National Group about its involvement.
- Custom conveyor solution drives improved reliability and uptime for mine site
For many years, the Fenner name has been associated with the FPT Quality Assurance Initiative which forms the foundation on which our complete power transmission range is constructed.
- A flexible feeding solution
FLSmidth’s Hybrid Apron Belt (HAB) is a plug-and-play feeder that combines both belt and apron feeder technologies. Australian Mining writes.
- Derrick G-Vault overcomes OceanaGold maintenance needs
OceanaGold has shifted to a new technology in its processing plant at the Haile gold mine in the United States by replacing wedge wire screens with Derrick G-Vault interstage screens.
- GTI Resources gold project moves ahead of schedule
GTI Resources has finished its aircore drilling program at the Niagara gold project in Western Australia ahead of schedule.
- Pushing the boundaries with Vermeer equipment
Industrial equipment specialist Vermeer WA & NT is scratching more than just the surface with its precision mining equipment.
- Sweeping Dust-A-Side from pit to port
The mining industry is working hard to meet ever tightening standards on dust suppression, which can be a problem across mine sites from processing plants to haul roads. Dust-A-Side discusses its range of dust suppression solutions for all areas of the mine site.
- National Group supplies Liebherr R 9200 excavator to NSW gold mine
National Group, through National Plant & Equipment, continues to be a key supplier of the latest heavy earthmoving equipment to the mining industry, including a Liebherr R 9200 excavator to an open-cut gold mine in western New South Wales.
- Could East Lachlan kick start a NSW gold rush?
Since Alkane Resources unearthed the Boda prospect in the East Lachlan region in New South Wales last year, prospective gold miners have flocked to the area in the hope of making another discovery of the same quality.
- Bend-tech Engineering’s guide to excavator safety
Excavation failures are particularly dangerous because they may occur quickly, limiting the ability of workers (and in some cases others in the vicinity) to escape especially if the collapse is extensive. The speed of an excavation collapse increases the risk associated with this type of work and the consequences are significant as the falling earth … Continue reading Bend-tech Engineering’s guide to excavator safety
- Nivek strengthens Australian manufacturing with mining partners
Nivek Industries has been safeguarding mine workers from the dangers of the job since 2011 when it introduced its Tracking Elevating Device, or TED. Australian Mining speaks with Nivek about how strong client relationships help guide the designs of its innovative products.
- Meeting API specifications in mining and construction segments
Total has proven its commitment to serve customers by designing the TOTAL RUBIA WORKS to meet and exceed American Petroleum Institute (API) standards.
- Titan Minerals adds 1.28Moz of high grade gold
Titan Minerals has been reinstated by the Ecuadorian Ministry of Mines as owner of the Jerusalém Concession (Jerusalem gold project).
- Moving forward in a risky environment
The mining sector is an economic behemoth for Australia, but the industry must be prepared for a number of emerging risks.
- Removing FIFO requirements with Digital Twinning
Digital Twinning Australia’s virtual solutions for the mining industry are reducing the need for fly-in, fly-out travel, allowing workers to spend more time with their families.
- Local design and advanced manufacturing – it never died
Despite fears about the demise of Australian manufacturing, Tricycle Developments has highlighted what the local sector is still capable of. Austmine talks with the company about its approach.