- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Tasmanian collaboration identifies mine tailings risks and rewards
It is no secret that mining produces waste that can be damaging to the environment, but with advances in technology and knowledge, the ability to reduce the environmental impacts of mine tailings improves.
- Delivering effective sewage treatment for FIFO sites
Aerofloat has been providing wastewater treatment solutions for over fifty years. Managing director Ray Anderson talks about how it delivers effective sewage treatment to FIFO camps across the country.
- Mapping the future of underground mining
You could call Epiroc’s Mobilaris Mining Intelligence (MMI) software ‘visionary’ and you’d be right in both the figurative and literal sense. It gives an underground mining operation the ability to see every asset – human or machine – located on the site.
- McLanahan’s big plans
As McLanahan continues to grow with the opening of a new flagship facility in New South Wales, Australian Mining talks to APAC sales and marketing director Chris Knowles about the company’s evolution as an Australian mining provider.
- Why cybersecurity is the Achilles’ heel of automation
FM Global’s Andrew Stafford tells Australian Mining about the cybersecurity risks that should be considered when introducing autonomous machinery to mining.
- Emerging conveyor manufacturer delivers breakthrough
Conveyor Manufacturers Australia co-founder and director Ben Smith tells Australian Mining how the company developed a design philosophy that challenges the status quo.
- Meet the ifm experts — Darryl Blackeby
Meet product sales manager Darryl Blackeby — an expert in the vision and identification product range of ifm (such as sensor cameras).
- BMT blasts to an innovative future
By accurately measuring the movement of hard rock blasts in 3D, the BMM System can deliver a host of advantages to blasting operations.
- Austmine’s Perth Innovation Roadshow: Five key themes
The organisation’s latest Mining Innovation Roadshow in Western Australia revealed a number of initiatives for the future of the mining and METS sectors.
- Andrew Forrest’s lifetime of achievement
For the past 15 years the success of Fortescue Metals Group and growth of the Pilbara iron ore industry has been guided by one man – Andrew Forrest, winner of the Prospect Awards Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Creating the process plant of the future
As digitisation continues to disrupt the mineral processing space, Austmine members Ausenco and PETRA Data Science explore the future process plant in operation.
- Bosch Rexroth’s ODiN brings the human touch to machine data
Bosch Rexroth is driving the next industrial revolution as both a lead operator and lead supplier of Industry 4.0 solutions.
- Digital simulators: A personal approach to training mining operators
Personal simulator training can save money in maintenance costs and extend machinery lifetime. It is also used as a pre-screening tool in an aptitude test when recruiting for mining operators.
- ifm efector is optimising operations with Octavis
Smart maintenance has become an important component in modern mine operations, allowing for real-time data collection and analysis from the production floor.
- The importance of temperature-controlled mine cooling in summer
Energy Power Systems Australia (EPSA) is poised to fire up their temperature control capability as the summer months approach.
- BMSA: Keeping mine trucks moving
Australian Mining speaks to Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia’s onsite service experts to find out what makes the service so enduring.
- The rush to replace reserves is on
A negative of any downturn is the reduction in development and exploration it brings. Australian Mining explains how industry has responded since market conditions have improved.
- Gold vs Bitcoin: The melee over your money
ABC Bullion chief economist Jordan Eliseo discusses the relative benefits of gold and bitcoin.
- Kal Tire: Keeping Roy Hill safe with effective tyre management
Roy Hill and Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group have collaborated to reduce tyre maintenance risks at the Pilbara iron ore operation.
- Going for gold: A non-toxic solution to gold leaching
Researchers at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) have extracted and produced gold using a non-toxic chemical process in an Australian first. Australian Mining speaks with project lead Paul Breuer to find out more.