- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Resource and energy exports tipped to hit new records
Australia’s chief economist reported in June that the nation’s resource and energy exports are set to hit a new record of $285 billion in 2019–20, before falling back in 2020–21.
- The revival of the Victorian Goldfields
The romantic tale of Victoria’s resource rich landscape has entered into a new chapter, as junior and mid-tier companies explore the state’s unchartered depths.
- Get safer underground with the 03M anti-collision sensor system
Mining sites are fraught with risk. Heavy vehicles moving heavy loads with limited vision, are a real safety concern. The 03M ifm anti-collision sensor systems can dramatically improve the safety of your mine.
- Training simulators ensure mine safety and productivity
Underground mining offers enticing benefits but also grave safety risks. Immersive Technologies’ training simulators ensure companies have both covered.
- DataCloud blasts resource evaluation into new ground
Real-time subsurface evaluation of resources has become a reality through DataCloud’s combination of geoscience expertise and technological prowess.
- Nominate for Prospect Awards by end of August
The Australian Mining Prospect Awards will take place in Brisbane for the first time in 2019 to recognise the mining industry’s biggest night of the year.
- Driving the mining sector ‘mini boom’ in Queensland
The Mine Spec 4WD specialist team at FleetCrew are powered up for Queensland’s forecast ‘mini boom’.
- Turning used mining tyres into a resource
Kal Tire is on the verge of opening a mining tyre recycling facility in Chile that could end up being the start of an opportunity that also emerges in Australia.
- Diesel engine oil: Which one to choose?
Diesel engine oils: To remain on API CI-4 engine oil service classification, or transition to API CK-4 performance level? That is the question.
- Modular maintenance guides Liebherr aftersales service
Liebherr-Australia’s modular maintenance program is cutting downtime in half for some mining companies. Here, the company explains why it uses this aftersales approach to maintenance.
- Humble European company focuses on Australian market
From two people in Belgium to a global supplier of industrial equipment parts, TVH has become an established part of the Australian marketplace.
- How to take advantage of artificial intelligence in the mining industry
Gain significant value by using AI to automate tasks.
- Technology trends drive mining’s future
Rapid technological change is affecting what we mine, especially as many developing economies can now skip some of the stages of modernisation that advanced economies have been through.
- Maintenance: 30 years of METS sector transformation
Austmine talks to its member groups to find out how maintenance in the METS sector has changed in the past three decades.
- Handling the pressure: ESS unveils the safest air cannon yet
The build-up of materials in bulk storage systems is a common bulk materials handling issue. When silos and bunkers accumulate material around their perimeters, it can slow operations down or even stop bulk material flow altogether.
- What’s the hold up?
Tivar is one solution to many problems when it comes to bulk material handling. It’s not fazed by the many characteristics of Australia’s commodities in wet or dry conditions.
- Axeing the hidden costs of mining operation
Paul Cobbin of Hydroflux urges mining companies to make sludge disposal a forethought before it costs them big bucks.
- Sustainable mining a must to meet demand
Industrial recycling — creating value from waste — is fast becoming a necessity and increasingly presents both incredible business opportunities and environmentally sound practice, writes Dan Webber, CDE regional manager Australasia.
- Hitachi commits to Australia for the long haul
Hitachi Construction Machinery continues to make waves in the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) sector with the release of new models in its mining fleet.
- Breathing quality air underground
The daily contact underground workers have with harsh mining environments requires that companies consider all essential parts of mine ventilation. With 20 years’ experience, Minova provides the optimum protection mining needs.