- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Making mining easier
MICROMINE has developed a new stope optimisation tool in its latest exploration and mine design software, Micromine 2020, for greater ease in underground design and planning.
- Minprovise redesigns Dugless 900
Minprovises’ commitment to the continuous improvement of their products & services has seen the company upgrade their popular Dugless 900 automated mini-loader in response to the feedback of clients.
- Licence to operate Australia’s biggest risk
Almost half of global mining companies rank licence to operate as the biggest issue for business in the Top 10 Business Risks and Opportunities 2020 report. But what is Australia most concerned with?
- Is digitalisation delivering value for mining companies?
RPMGlobal regional general manager Michael Baldwin zooms in on problems that come with digital uptake, and whether the promises of digitalisation are real.
- Underground miners hop Onboard Mobilaris technology
Mobilaris together with its partial owner Epiroc is turning underground mining into a transparent environment for all workers with Mobilaris Onboard.
- Intov8 launches real-time, 24/7 resources monitoring
Intov8, an Australian-owned company specialising in innovative tech solutions for the mining industry, has developed new software to track resources in the field in real-time.
- Micromine Charts provides visual snapshot of geology
Resource estimation and deposit grading often requires complex analysis and review, with just a small change to parameters having a big effect on the results.
- Alltuff work stands minimise risks of manual handling
Alltuff Stands have been engineered to transform safety and combat the failures associated with traditional jacking stand models.
- Hegarty receives reward for a lifetime of achievement
Despite having won the Liebherr Lifetime Achievement Award, EMR Capital chairman Owen Hegarty is not done multiplying the benefits of Australia’s mining industry.
- Protect profit margin and reduce risk before bidding
Emerging risk analysis tools that incorporate artificial and human intelligence are revolutionising the risk process.
- Rio Tinto wins environmental award for turtle monitoring
Rio Tinto, which shares its Pilbara ports with some of Australia’s most important turtle breeding grounds, is making efforts to ensure its flippered friends have the best chance at making it to adulthood.
- Is tailings management finally being taken seriously?
Those who have taken the time to read this will probably have seen the awful video of the recent dam collapse at Vale’s Brumadinho mine.
- Condition monitoring in mining maintenance: Scalable, customisable solutions
The first signs of impending breakdown in machinery typically include tiny changes in vibration that warn of excessive wear in the bearings upon which efficient functioning depends.
- Mark Ackroyd weighs in on an ever-changing mining industry
National Group’s managing director Mark Ackroyd looks at mining industry trends – past, present and future, renting versus buying machinery and the rise of automation.
- Water control through bulkhead design
Water control remains a fundamentally important aspect of underground coal mine design and operation worldwide.
- AusIMM Underground Operators Conference returns with tech focus
A leading international event in the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) calendar, the Underground Operators conference will return in March 2020.
- Making the best, better
Caterpillar’s release of the new D11, is an improvement on what is already a market-leading dozer for Cat dealer, Hastings Deering.
- Community goals shaped by real needs
When it comes to fulfilling social responsibilities, New Century Resources doesn’t set its own agenda at the Century zinc operation in Queensland.
- The spotlight shines on landmark MMD invention
Mining Machinery Developments (MMD) has developed a mobile feeder solution that transforms traditional truck and shovel operations to deliver productivity and safety benefits.
- Paul Cuthbert and BHP lead charge towards diversity
The 2019 Prospect Awards Mine Manager of the Year has overseen a range of BHP’s projects in his 13 years with the company, including developments at the Olympic Dam and Roxby Downs sites.