- Fire safety audits and studies return mining operations to full capacity after fire
When a large West African gold mine was struck by a series of thermal events over the space of a year, Fire Investigation & Safety Compliance Australia (FISCA) took a dive into the root cause of the issue. Australian Mining explains.
- The key? Collaboration — McLanahan talks its mining future
Customisation is changing the modern mining landscape. Brownfield sites in particular are deriving gains from equipment upgrades and optimisations that were not possible a few years ago.
- Dingo opens remote asset health centre
By opening advanced asset health centres in key locations, Dingo is paving the way forward in delivering the highest standard of reliability, efficiency and safety to clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- BHP secures rental of five Liebherr T 282 C ultra-class trucks from National Group
National Group has been a part of history in more ways than one this past month having recently handed over five of the world’s second largest mining trucks to BHP.
- Drone company Airobotics takes flight
Automated drone developer Airobotics has secured several key milestones in the past year. Australian Mining catches up with the company to see what’s next.
- A smooth braking system roll out
Hilliard Corporation tells Australian Mining how it is bringing its appetite for quality performance that exceeds expectations from the northern hemisphere to Australia.
- Lucapa’s diamond journey
Ewen Hosie speaks to Lucapa Diamond’s Stephen Wetherall about the company’s ambitious Brooking diamond venture in Western Australia.
- Contractor Wolff Mining recognised for automation excellence
Wolff Mining has received the Contract Miner of the Year Award for its innovative work at the Curragh mine in Queensland.
- Rockwell Automation is at the forefront of mining’s connected future
In the years since the industry downturn at the start of the decade, Australian mining companies have consistently sought ways to maximise profitability while streamlining operations.
- MAN all-wheel-drive trucks prioritise safety on their tracks along with driver fatigue management
Penske Commercial Vehicles tells Australian Mining how it doesn’t compromise on class-leading comfort but makes it standard across all its vehicles.
- Rio Tinto recreates life on coral reef in Western Australia
Rio Tinto’s commitment to environmental sustainability has proven what has never been done before: vibrancy of life can be orchestrated on human-made reef.
- Creating cultural change in mining
MEC Mining general manager Maria Joyce has shown how driving a positive company culture delivers benefits to mining companies.
- Rio Tinto CEO targets a reinvention of mining
Rio Tinto chief executive officer Jean-Sebastien Jacques wants mining to reinvent itself and pioneer the industry into the 21st century
- Cove’s conveyor contraption makes idle work of idlers
Replacing idlers is an important part of conveyor maintenance. Cove Engineering is making this essential process safer and easier.
- Double take: Enerflow adds second SKF rig to fleet
Enerflow has embarked on the next stage of their planned expansion and with it brings another matching SKF rig into its fleet.
- Kirkland Lake unearths a golden era at Fosterville
Kirkland Lake Gold is confident the best is yet to come from its Fosterville mine near Bendigo.
- Mining mania returns to Australia’s island state
Tasmania has enjoyed a comeback in the mining sector over the past two years. Ewen Hosie speaks to experts in the state to find out why.
- Leading the charge: The electric success of Artisan Vehicles
Artisan is setting its sights on Australia following North American success with its line of electric-powered underground vehicles. Ewen Hosie reports.
- Enerflow: The first in safety first
Enerflow has embarked on its ISO journey with the intention of becoming a pioneer and industry leader for safety.
- Big plans for McLanahan as NSW facility opens
As McLanahan continues to grow with the opening of a new flagship facility in New South Wales, Australian Mining talks to APAC sales and marketing director Chris Knowles about the company’s evolution as an Australian mining provider.