- The top risks facing mining in 2018
Digital effectiveness has emerged as the number one risk for the mining and metals industry, according to Ernst & Young’s (EY) latest Top 10 business risks facing mining and metals report.
- Pike River survivor keeps safety at the centre of mining
Australian Mining speaks to forensic engineer Dr Sean Brady and Pike River mine survivor Daniel Rockhouse, two keynote speakers at this year’s Queensland Mining Industry Health and Safety Conference.
- Maintenance season tools focus on safety and time-saving efficiency
A new generation of controlled fastening solutions from global professional bolting leader Enerpac is ready for the maintenance season following a series of product innovations relating to workplace efficiency, speed, reliability and safety.
- FLSmidth optimises fine coal circuit
Mineral processing specialist FLSmidth is providing ongoing design and operational guidance to increase fine coal output and productivity improvements at one of New South Wales’ premier open pit coal mines.
- Silver follows the lead of gold
Nicholas Frappell reviews the market performance of the precious metals sector in the September quarter in the second part of ABC Bullion’s review of the three-month period.
- Gold price fluctuates in September quarter on US dollar, North Korea concerns
ABC Bullion’s Nicholas Frappell reviews the performance of the gold market in the September quarter in the company’s precious metals review for the three months.
- Boart Longyear keeps new starts safe as the market rebounds
Boart Longyear’s safety and training manager for west and central Australia, David Hay, discusses the importance of safety for new workers entering the mining industry.
- Taking operational performance to the next level
VEGA managing director John Leadbetter explores the rise in smart technology solutions for the mining industry and ways suppliers can strengthen their relationships with customers.
- Australian made: Designing a stronger mining industry
With the mining industry in the midst of a turnaround, Leverlink managing director Richard Sharp reinforces the importance of supporting Australian-designed products.
- Nivek’s TED machine lifts productivity at Hunter Valley Operations
Nivek Industries’ Tracked Elevating Device (TED), a remote-controlled, battery-powered, all-terrain, multi-purpose machine, has made a positive impact at the Hunter Valley Operations (HVO) in New South Wales.
- Komatsu technology system supports mine construction
Komatsu has launched a project management technology that will benefit the construction phase of mining and enhance the growing use of drones in the industry.
- Where to next for minerals processing?
FLSmidth country head Mark Clifford discusses the state of the minerals processing industry in Australia
- The future of mining
A recap of the 2017 ABB Digital Transformation Summit in Brisbane, which explored the importance of implementing digitalisation across the mining, oil and gas and utilities sectors.
- The cost of not adequately maintaining crushers
Weir Minerals outlines how major issues with crushers can be avoided by following a thorough maintenance plan.
- Improving environmental and energy management on mine sites
As the mining industry is often scrutinised for its potential environmental impact, the need for companies to retain their social licence to operate should remain a key priority.
- Manufacturers equip the mines of tomorrow
Markets conditions have generally improved in mining. What has this meant for the world’s leading equipment manufacturers and their most advanced products?
- Nepean handles growth on the world stage
Nepean Conveyors has emerged as a truly global OEM for the mining industry after acquiring two businesses from Sandvik.
- Gold market remains buoyant after July rally
Nicholas Frappell reviews the market performance of gold and silver in July in ABC Bullion’s precious metals review for the month.
- Roy Hill delivers diversity with LiveHire proactive recruitment model
Technology has been developed to turn recruitment in mining into a proactive process that is more efficient for companies.
- Integration: the key to a digital mining future
Improving how technology solutions are integrated will be critical for mining to effectively transform into a digital industry, according to RPMGlobal chief executive officer Richard Mathews.