- RCT delivers innovation powerhouse
Innovation has been the driving force behind RCT’s success with the company going from strength to strength in the past 45 years.
- Lifting productivity and safety performance through collaboration
Schenck Process has collaborated with industry partners to develop a solution that is delivering safety and cost benefits during train loading chute change outs.
- New contracts lift optimism for mining services companies
How did the first half of 2017 fare for services companies operating in the Australian mining industry? Australian Mining investigates.
- Next generation crushing technology improves safety and efficiency
An investment in next generation crushing technology has boosted plant safety and efficiency for Boral in South Australia.
- Edging closer to the 2017 Prospect Awards
The 2017 Australian Mining Prospect Awards are around the corner, a night to celebrate the best of the best in Australia’s mining industry.
- Recruitment strategies transition as market conditions turn
Mining companies are realigning their human resources strategies to reflect improving market conditions that are potentially leading to skills shortages.
- JumboGuard makes underground mining a safer environment
YUMARR Automation has developed an automatic boom isolation system that is delivering significant safety benefits for mining companies around the country.
- Renewing energy generation to improve mine site efficiency
More mines in Australia are introducing renewable energy to their operations. Kate Dougherty explains the benefits and obstacles of renewables projects for the mining industry.
- A Swift answer to a more comfortable FIFO lifestyle
Swift Networks is working with mining companies around Australia to improve the entertainment and communications facilities at FIFO villages.
- The key to safe and competent haul road operations
When the lifeblood of a mine is a potentially hazardous network of unsealed haul roads, how do you provide a safe working environment to maintain an efficient operation?
- What are mining’s standout innovations?
Australian and international mining identities explain what they regard as the most exciting innovations at their respective companies.
- Precious metals confront challenging second quarter market conditions
Nicholas Frappell reviews the market performance of the precious metals sector in the June quarter in the second part of ABC Bullion’s review of the three-month period.
- Making way for energy storage in mining
Calls for energy storage have been on the rise in Australia, particularly after South Australia’s series of power grid failures. Delta Energy’s David Bolt discusses the necessity for energy storage, particularly in remote areas.
- Difficult conditions fail to derail Aurizon
Mining freight operator Aurizon has rebounded from a variety of challenges over the past decade, most recently the devastation caused by Cyclone Debbie.
- Gold closes June quarter weaker after early promise
Nicholas Frappell reviews the market performance of gold in the June quarter in the first part of ABC Bullion’s precious metals review for the three-month period.
- AllightSykes renews focus on the FG Wilson Generators’ range
Over recent years, we have seen the dependence on reliable electricity supply become more critical across all market sectors.
- Preventing cyber attacks with tougher security measures
Deloitte Australia national mining leader Nicki Ivory discusses the importance of strengthening cyber security measures to protect valuable data.
- Hastings Deering delivers equipment for increased productivity
Australian Mining speaks to Caterpillar dealer Hastings Deering about the company’s success following improved conditions in the mining industry.
- Stored energy motor bases
Advancements in stored energy springs can make a big difference in the transmission of power, improving operational efficiency. Richard Sharp, managing director, Leverlink, explains.
- Innovation drives increased uptime
Metso’s new MX cone crusher is achieving notable outcomes around the world for its users.