- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Get your 2020 Prospect Award nominations in
Nominations for the 2020 Australian Mining Prospect Awards, which celebrate the best of the best in Australia’s mining industry are now open.
- When only genuine will do, Allightsykes delivers
Perkins engines have been powering machinery used in the mining, construction, agriculture and utilities industries since 1932. With Allightsykes as the company’s Australian distributor since 2007, Perkins has a strong presence in mining operations down under.
- SKF tackles mill unavailability with wise cost management
Best performance is not an unachievable concept when it comes to horizontal grinding mill performance – the most critical asset of a hard rock mining operation.
- Metso Outotec merger sets up future expansion
Metso has officially merged its minerals business with Outotec to form a new company which aims to become an industry leader across the minerals, aggregates, metals refining and recycling industries.
- Flexco tungsten tips small part of larger conveyor puzzle
Tungsten carbide tips used in conveyor belt cleaning systems are one of the best materials to create a long-term cleaning option for conveyors. Flexco explains how to find the perfect balance between durability and usability when manufacturing its tungsten carbide tips for hard rock mines.
- How mining companies can build more resilient supply chains
With the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak catching multiple companies and entire industries off guard, it might be time for mining companies to re-assess their supply chain risks and build more resilience. Tara Hamid writes.
- A natural choice for powering mining’s future
Gold Fields and OZ Minerals are two companies spearheading the mining sector’s move to renewable energy. Vanessa Zhou speaks with executives from both companies about their ambitions.
- SEW-Eurodrive on the importance of the Prospect Awards
Coal from Australian mines powers the lives of millions across the country each day, and SEW-Eurodrive is pledging its support across all facets of the nation’s coal industry.
- Automate with a human touch
Mining operations can reap huge benefits from automating their drill and blast operations, but Drilledge says workforces must have the right amount of expertise to take full advantage of the technology.
- Opening doors for Australia’s Indigenous miners
As Australia’s mining industry fortifies itself as the backbone of the nation’s economy, major resources companies and Aboriginal-owned contractors look to strengthen the presence of Indigenous workers in the industry.
- Remote WA mine enjoys high-speed internet with Vocus solution
A Vocus network connectivity solution has helped boost coverage and speed at Minjar Gold’s remote Southern Cross mine in Western Australia.
- Pilbara iron ore mine site chooses HDPE over steel
A new conveyor guarding project at a major iron ore mine in the Pilbara region of Western Australia aims to increase safety for mining personnel.
- National Group edges closer to fully autonomous drilling
The National Group comprises of leading companies in the mining, resources, transport and logistics industries. Through Wolff Mining, the National Group has expanded its range of semi-autonomous equipment, with plans to implement fully autonomous drills in the near future.
- Pilbara drives Flender Australia’s WA expansion
With more than 1200 drives installed in the Western Australian mining market, Flender Australia is expanding with a new, purpose-built facility.
- StackCell flotation technology offers column-like performance in a smaller footprint
Full-scale plant trials conducted by Eriez verifies that low-profile StackCell flotation technology provides coal recoveries and product qualities comparable to column flotation systems.
- ScandiVanadium readies for exploration of new Paterson province gold project
ScandiVanadium has entered the booming Western Australian gold space after completing its acquisition of the Pascalle gold project in the state’s Paterson province last week.
- Webinar: Environmental intelligence strategies for dust, air quality, noise, vibration and water quality
Join Envirosuite on August 5 for a webinar that highlights essential strategies to tackle air quality, dust, vibration, noise and water quality issues at your mining operation. The webinar will demonstrate how strategies focussed on environmental intelligence are now providing environmental managers at mining operations with the ability to make sense of the “information avalanche” while boosting efficiency at their sites.
- Hexagon’s cyber mines of today
As a new decade is ushered in for the mining industry, conversations about digitalisation and automation are becoming more prevalent than ever before.
- Accurate and efficient drilling with Cat MD6310
Ausdrill is using Cat MD6310 drills to improve safety and efficiency in drill and blast operations at the Middlemount coal mine in Queensland.
- Connectivity critical for remote sites
The remote locations of mining of sites means telecommunications coverage is often limited and unreliable, hampering a business’ ability to access high-speed data and voice connectivity.