- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Sandfire looks near and far to strike a goal
Sandfire Resources has proven there is plenty of life left in the DeGrussa mine and beyond. Chief executive Karl Simich tells Vanessa Zhou about the company’s growth strategies.
- Premium iron ore demand opens door for mid-tier companies
An increase in global demand for high quality iron ore coupled with a supply shortage has some of Australia’s lesser known mining companies optimistic.
- Copper industry innovation needed with demand set to double
The global copper mining industry, of which Australia is a major player, faces a major challenge in being more innovative according to a US expert.
- Catering to future mines with the right sewage plans
Wastewater treatment expert Paul Cobbin explores three issues mining companies face — plant upgradability, expandability and water scarcity — and how to overcome them.
- Batteries included: How Australia is charging up for a revolution
The rise of Australia’s battery metals sector over the last few years — particularly in Western Australia — is proving indicative of a wealth of potential that is yet to be fully tapped.
- GreenGold set to save on geology logging costs
In response to the growing pressures to reduce exploration cost while maintaining international best practice standards, GreenGold has developed an innovative off-shore core processing and analytical facility in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Rema Tip Top builds a bridge between Bauma and Australia
Australia has been a focus of Rema Tip Top’s growth aspirations in recent years, a direction the company plans to continue on with its latest solution for conveyor systems.
- Creating the mine of the future: Drive profits and increase production
Enhance mine-to-mill-to-metal operations with cutting-edge technologies that drive production increases, cost savings and increased safety.
- National Group leads the way into an autonomous future
National Group is making moves in the mining industry with the acquisition of automation-focused Wolff Mining.
- Future of mining – digital transformation as a journey
To stay competitive, mines need to evolve their business and operation models to create a digitally enabled environment that is safe, efficient and sustainable.
- Jaw crusher becomes fifth Powerscreen machine delivered to Gromac
Lincom Group’s high-performance Powerscreen Premiertrak 600 crusher has attracted five orders in the past 18 months. Australian Mining writes.
- Aggreko: “Too far away to power, but not for us”
Aggreko’s decision to implement a standalone power station at an isolated mine site paid off dividends for the client. The mine site was so remote that there had been no way to connect the facility to mains power or mains gas. To find out how Aggreko achieved it, download the company whitepaper below.
- New air cannon: Safer and more effective solution for bulk material build-up
ESS Engineering Services & Supplies have developed a new air cannon system that is highly effective and safer than those previously available.
- Competing with the Chinese rare earths juggernaut
While China still dominates the global rare earths market, some Australian companies are providing an
alternative supply solution.
- Quicksilver lines the path to success
E-Plas’ Quicksilver lining systems are designed to protect and prolong trailer life with their unique UHMW-PE material, capable of delivering both driver safety and company productivity in one tip.
- Thirty years of METS sector transformation: Exploration
Austmine continues a focus on the evolution of the METS sector over the past 30 years with an in-depth look at exploration in Australia.
- Liebherr links the Australian mining landscape with Europe
Managing editor Ben Creagh travelled through Europe with Liebherr ahead of Bauma 2019 in Germany to discover the origins and future direction of the equipment manufacturer.
- McLanahan breaks the cycle for scrubbing and screening
McLanahan’s innovative approach to scrubber and trommel optimisation is resulting in productivity gains for miners. Australian Mining writes.
- Reeling easy during large-scale dewatering
When some heavy-duty mine dewatering was required, a set of winder units emerged as a winning solution to Rio Tinto’s first agricultural project at the Marandoo mine in the Pilbara.
- Measuring safety gains – a safer workplace is a more efficient workplace
Nivek Industries has disrupted the way earthmoving maintenance operations are conducted across Australian mine sites. Its breakthrough equipment, tracked elevating device (TED), is designed by a fitter for fitters – Kevin Cant, Nivek founder.