- The new gold standard: How GreenGold is recycling cyanide and recovering dissolved metals
Cyanide gets a bad rap but it’s still mining’s go-to solvent. GreenGold hopes its ReCYN process helps to change the chemical’s image.
- ESS offers an easy out for conveyor idlers and trackers
Belt alignment and idler maintenance are important facets of good conveyor belt health and ESS is making its replacement easier and safer for workers. Australian Mining reports.
- Scale-ups rise to the innovation challenge
METS Ignited’s accelerator program is back with an expanded program for mining and energy resources scale-ups.
- Liebherr loads productivity into latest excavators
The mining equipment manufacturer is promising a new level of performance and reliability with its latest excavators.
- Rubia Works delivers the total package
Total has launched its Total Rubia Works 3000 and 4000 heavy-duty engine oils to meet the exacting needs of the Australian mining industry.
- A seismic shift for mineral exploration
Exploration companies are searching for new methods to unlock the next wave of mineral deposits. A technology proving valuable in this pursuit is 3D seismic surveying.
- ESS guards mine sites with conveyor safety system
ESS has updated its EZI-GUARD safety system with a few tweaks over the past year. Australian Mining takes a look at the latest upgrades.
- South32 rolls out remote visual inspection technology
South32 has introduced a robot, known as the Bike platform, at its Worsley Alumina operation in Western Australia.
- Komatsu unveils next phase of autonomous mission
Komatsu is bringing the company closer to the dream of fully autonomous dozing with its latest release.
- MICROMINE looks to the Americas for next phase of growth
The mining software specialist is already recognised in many parts of the world. Where are the company’s growth ambitions taking it next?
- Viva Aveva: Notes on a digital future
Aveva explains why the company is at the forefront of the digital transformation in mining.
- Unlocking mining’s future talent
Diversity and technology rank highly in inspiring the next-generation of mining talent, according to a 2018 survey from AusIMM. CEO Stephen Durkin discusses the findings.
- Making operational decisions through automation
Mine Site Technologies (MST) Global is pioneering communication by making it possible through deep rocks.
- At the forefront of a connected future
Rockwell Automation has predicted the future of mining, and the future is seamless.
- Reducing energy costs with fuel additives
Finding ways to lower energy costs reduces total cost of operation, helping mining companies to improve their bottom line.
- Scanning opportunities for accurate conveying
Loadscan’s conveyor volume scanner proves that measuring bulk material flow shouldn’t cause a headache.
- Australia a fertile ground for Chilean collaboration
World’s top copper producer Chile has experienced a climb in non-copper exports in recent years. With its longstanding mining history, the country is looking at bridging METS collaboration with international markets.
- The rise of the ultra class
National Group’s delivery of several Tier 1 ultra-class projects in 2018 was emblematic of mining’s returning fortunes. Australian Mining speaks to company founder Mark Ackroyd about what’s next.
- Thiess Mt Owen team boosts productivity from the inside out
In aligning the Mt Owen coal mine with NSW Minerals Council ‘Reshape’ vision, one team member shed 59 kilograms in one year.
- The Sandvik path to a successful digital transformation
Most mining companies have started on their digital journey, while others are still grappling with the idea.