- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Bringing superheroes to the world of mining
Mackay-based engineering and fabrication company, Mainetec (formerly Innovative Mining & Engineering Solutions) was established in 2010 with a vision to bring innovation to the design of mining equipment.
- Falling from heights risk prevention
Bend-tech Engineering says one risk area that all mine sites can proactively mitigate is operators falling from height.
- Could a diverter plow help a conveying operation?
A diverter plow (DP), also known as a diversion plough, is an apparatus that is fitted to a conveyor that redirects or discharges the material being conveyed by the belt.
- Moolarben leader takes home top mining manager honour
Steven Chandler has been the operations manager at Yancoal’s Moolarben underground coal mine since 2017, overseeing 800 staff. His introduction of several new initiatives at the site has been recognised with the CRC Mine Manager of the Year award.
- Norman Moore’s lifetime of achievements in mining
The prestigious Liebherr Lifetime Achievement award has been presented to the former Western Australian Mines and Petroleum Minister and Gold Industry Group founding chair Norman Moore.
- Underloading costs massive loss in daily production
Loadscan, a leader in load volume scanning for the past 20 years, has found that most mines are regularly underloading their trucks.
- From rip to repair in 90 minutes with Devcon R-Flex
The Devcon brand, part of the ITW Polymers & Fluids portfolio of products, has over 50 years of proven success developing maintenance and repair products.
- STEM education creates far-reaching impact
STEM skills development is attracting attention from mining companies across Australia. Vanessa Zhou looks into what South32, Gold Industry Group and Evolution Mining are doing in this space.
- Is Aussie M&A set to rise?
Northern Star Resources and Saracen Mineral Holdings’ announcement of a $16 billion merger has brought anticipation for the rise of a new top 10 global gold producer, with signs there may be more mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the gold sector.
- Miner resilience to be tested as La Niña looms
FM Global group manager, account engineering Michael Beaumont explains what the threat of the La Niña weather system means for the mining industry.
- The story of RINGSPANN couplings and shrink discs so far
Another chapter in our presence in power transmission, design engineering, machine elements, connection technology, machine and plant construction.
- Over 3000 rockbreakers send real-time data to MyFleet platform
Rammer, the leading supplier of smart rockbreaker technology, achieved another milestone in September of having over 3000 rockbreakers globally equipped with Rammer RD3 monitoring device sending data to MyFleet platform.
- The stage is set for mining-led economic recovery
In June this year National Group managing director Mark Ackroyd spoke about the impact the pandemic will have on the industry and how mining will help lead the charge and stimulate the economy as we come out the other end of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Digital transformation of belt cleaners adds productivity
Martin Engineering’s solutions help reduce maintenance time for belt cleaners through remote monitoring and automatic blade tensioning.
- Nickel and cobalt: A clean future duo
Glencore is aiming to supply the electric vehicle industry with ethical nickel and cobalt, demonstrating the mining industry’s commitment to having a positive social impact.
- Improving operational efficiencies in slurry pumping
With slurry pumps, operational and maintenance expenses can rapidly overtake the initial procurement costs. Xylem offers a cost-effective solution.
- Atlas Copco breathes life into mine compressor requirements
Australian Mining finds out how Atlas Copco’s range of air compressors and on-site gas generation systems are helping mining companies increase operational efficiency and reduce environmental impact at the same time.
- 2021 trends in heavy equipment air cabin quality
Australian Mining sits down with Sy-Klone International, LSM Technologies and Lyons Airconditioning to discuss upcoming operator enclosure and cabin air quality trends.
- Terrain Tamer wheel bearings to withstand demanding conditions
Terrain Tamer has released a range of heavy-duty wheel bearing and combination swivel housing kits, specifically designed and manufactured for vehicles that operate in extreme conditions.
- How lubricants can help increase productivity in mines
One of the ways by which mines, and other companies with heavy capital expenditure, can reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for their assets, is through enhancing the operational performance of their machinery to reduce TCO over the life of the asset.