- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Diesel engine oil: Which one to choose?
Diesel engine oils: To remain on API CI-4 engine oil service classification, or transition to API CK-4 performance level? That is the question.
- How to take advantage of artificial intelligence in the mining industry
Gain significant value by using AI to automate tasks.
- Technology trends drive mining’s future
Rapid technological change is affecting what we mine, especially as many developing economies can now skip some of the stages of modernisation that advanced economies have been through.
- Modular maintenance guides Liebherr aftersales service
Liebherr-Australia’s modular maintenance program is cutting downtime in half for some mining companies. Here, the company explains why it uses this aftersales approach to maintenance.
- Axeing the hidden costs of mining operation
Paul Cobbin of Hydroflux urges mining companies to make sludge disposal a forethought before it costs them big bucks.
- Sustainable mining a must to meet demand
Industrial recycling — creating value from waste — is fast becoming a necessity and increasingly presents both incredible business opportunities and environmentally sound practice, writes Dan Webber, CDE regional manager Australasia.
- Turning used mining tyres into a resource
Kal Tire is on the verge of opening a mining tyre recycling facility in Chile that could end up being the start of an opportunity that also emerges in Australia.
- Breathing quality air underground
The daily contact underground workers have with harsh mining environments requires that companies consider all essential parts of mine ventilation. With 20 years’ experience, Minova provides the optimum protection mining needs.
- Humble European company focuses on Australian market
From two people in Belgium to a global supplier of industrial equipment parts, TVH has become an established part of the Australian marketplace.
- Mobile machines withstand extreme conditions
The demands on controllers and sensors used in mining machinery, construction machines, municipal vehicles, agricultural and forestry machinery, port facilities and cranes is extremely high.
- Resource and energy exports tipped to hit new records
Australia’s chief economist reported in June that the nation’s resource and energy exports are set to hit a new record of $285 billion in 2019–20, before falling back in 2020–21.
- An engineering taskforce
As mining companies look to get the most out of their equipment, Inenco Industrial Solutions is leading the way in innovation through its engineering arm.
- Maintenance: 30 years of METS sector transformation
Austmine talks to its member groups to find out how maintenance in the METS sector has changed in the past three decades.
- What’s the hold up?
Tivar is one solution to many problems when it comes to bulk material handling. It’s not fazed by the many characteristics of Australia’s commodities in wet or dry conditions.
- State-of-the-art processing plant under installation at Centrex Metals’ phosphate site
Australian mining company Centrex Metals has partnered with CDE Meta to deliver a state-of-the-art wet processing plant, currently under installation at the company’s Ardmore site, that will produce phosphate concentrate.
- Conveyor maintenance tips and tricks
Conveyor experts Jason Coe and Adam Wright from Flexco sit down with Australian Mining Editor Ben Creagh to discuss common conveyor belt issues and how to prevent them.
- Hitachi commits to Australia for the long haul
Hitachi Construction Machinery continues to make waves in the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) sector with the release of new models in its mining fleet.
- Technology set to support jobs
One of Australia’s leading innovators in mine site automation suggests the technology is more likely to support the jobs of workers rather than take them away.
- Handling the pressure: ESS unveils the safest air cannon yet
The build-up of materials in bulk storage systems is a common bulk materials handling issue. When silos and bunkers accumulate material around their perimeters, it can slow operations down or even stop bulk material flow altogether.
- The drive to improve performance
Nord Drivesystems’ Industrial Gear Units have helped raise the bar for a Western Australian producer’s conveyor drive systems.