- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Schlam group unifies three divisions under Schlam banner
The Schlam Group has amalgamated Schlam Engineering, DT HiLoad and the Pilbara Clean Machines under the name Schlam, to unify the three companies under one banner.
- Composite idler specialists launch Santiago office
CPS Conveyors has launched its new sales office in Santiago, Chile. The office will service key clients in the region with their expertise conveyor engineering and high-quality conveyor idlers.
- Classic Minerals reports high grade gold at Forrestania gold project
ASX-listed gold junior Classic Minerals has intersected a new high-grade gold lode at its 100 per cent owned Kat Gap project, which is part of its Forrestania gold project (FGP) in Western Australia’s Forrestania Greenstone Belt.
- SMC services the mining industry
With a firm understanding of mineral processing and quarrying applications, SMC is a leading a supplier to the industry.
- Minprovise now offering corrosion control services
There’s nothing new about wet or dry abrasive blasting when it comes to corrosion control and repair. But it might be worth noting what substances are being used in the process and where they come from.
- Deconstructing CDE’s modular approach
Mining is demanding more economically sustainable ways to operate sites. CDE’s wet processing plants meet this demand for Australian and international operations.
- Creating a high-pressure booster for Australian environments
Already a well-known force in the mining sector, Atlas Copco has launched the innovative Hurricane B7-41 Compact Booster, which promises class-leading performance in a much smaller footprint.
- Talking digitalisation, agile and smart mines with TI Mining
Founded by a computer scientist who started working with miners 20 years ago, TI Mining has grown into a company that helps digitalise mines around the world. Australian Mining speaks with chief executive Nicolas Jubera.
- Micromine 2020.5: New spatial tools close the gap on resource estimates
New tools to reduce resource estimation errors are a key feature in the latest version of MICROMINE’s market-leading exploration and 3D mine design mine software.
- Engineers Australia helps reach career breakthrough
If you want to find a better and more efficient way to move your career forward, Engineers Australia (or EA) membership can take you there.
- Laser measurement tech accepts diverse challenges
LASE’s increasingly popular laser technology is ensuring that mining companies aren’t snowed under by measurement obstacles. Australian Mining reviews the system.
- PrevenTech for Mining by Cummins
PrevenTech for Mining is Cummins’ latest innovation in helping miners lower their cost of production.
- Moving predictive maintenance in mining from theory to practice
MathWorks industry manager, industrial automation and machinery Philipp H. F. Wallner writes about the value of predictive maintenance and the challenges of implementing it.
- Bridgestone Mining Solutions’ Hunter Valley solutions centre
Bridgestone Mining Solutions’ Hunter Valley mining solutions centre in New South Wales provides customers with safe and quality services for off-the-road tyres and wheel products.
- QME makes return to Mackay in September
Queensland Mining and Engineering Expo is continuing a 25-year-plus tradition that even COVID-19 can’t stop. This year, QME is returning to showcase the best and latest of the mining sector.
- Flinders Port Holdings – enabling growth in South Australia’s mining sector
This month, Flinders Port Holdings (FPH) marked six months since the completion of the Outer Harbor channel widening at Port Adelaide.
- BHP Tailings Challenge seeks to increase the sustainability of copper tailings
BHP is committed to making progress in reducing and recycling waste with the Tailings Challenge, a new initiative that seeks innovative solutions for repurposing copper tailings.
- Striking the nickel jackpot
Investors are eyeing junior miners who are in the midst of exploring for nickel-copper sulphides across Western Australia. Australian Mining speaks with some of the emerging companies leading the charge.
- Liebherr remanufactures aftersales vision
Liebherr-Australia may have started remanufacturing components to bolster its aftersales offering, but the capability is now providing benefits that extend beyond the original purpose.
- BMSA’s ‘total mobility from pit to port’
Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia provides total mobility from pit to port. What does that mean? Find out from the video below.