- Energy Solutions for On-Grid Mines
Aggreko has decades of experience providing market leading mobile and modular power, heating and cooling to the mining sector – but their flexible solutions aren’t just for off-grid mines. Your site may be grid-connected but that doesn’t mean your power is guaranteed. The mining sector is changing rapidly, fuelled by emission regulations, capital restraints and … Continue reading Energy Solutions for On-Grid Mines
- New life for old conveyor pulleys
Pulleys are a heavy duty, consistently running piece of machinery designed to last. But after many years of consistent use, wear and tear eventually occurs and the pulley can become worn or damaged. Regular maintenance of conveyor equipment, including pulleys, is essential to reducing wear rate and prolonging service life. Reconditioning or refurbishing the pulley … Continue reading New life for old conveyor pulleys
- Effective belt cleaning: How to make small changes that yield big results
We’ve heard it time and time again. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. So let’s not pretend that installing and maintaining your belt cleaners the same way every time is going to produce a different result.
- Ackroyd remains positive about Australian mining’s position during coronavirus
National Group managing director Mark Ackroyd has experienced the mining industry’s record-breaking highs and lows during the past two decades. Australian Mining speaks to Ackroyd about the impact the pandemic will have on the industry.
- The rise of IoT in mining
Inmarsat’s mining research report has revealed that the industry is undergoing an IoT revolution.
- Reimagine mining networks for Industry 4.0
To boost productivity and profitability while attaining safety and eco-sustainability, mining companies need to reimagine their operation paradigms and embrace new digital innovations and technologies.
- HALO lighting solutions for mining
The HALO Portable is a ground-breaking portable lighting innovation by HALO and another world first by the company.
- Aqura’s ARC platform for mining exploration
Mining exploration is a nomadic and isolated exercise, placing teams and equipment in remote locations with negligible communications.
- MRA’s Smart Stockyard Management System improves mine to port efficiency
MRA has developed the Smart Stockyard Management System that combines smart engineering and leverages the latest control and automation technologies from Rockwell Automation.
- Mining and mission-critical wireless connectivity
Nokia looks at the current trends in the automation of mining, the strengths and capabilities of 4.9G/LTE and outline a number of use cases that demonstrate its potential to provide the industrial communications platform for the digital mine of the future.
- Hydraulics, the unknown killer: Proper training key to reducing injuries, fatalities
Hydraulic systems exist in almost every aspect of our lives. This simple system consists of pistons and an oil-filled pipe that is capable of generating a tremendous amount of force, enough to cause permanent disabilities or even death if an accident occurs.
- McLanahan ships second largest rotary wet screen to repeat oil sands customer
McLanahan has designed, engineered, manufactured and delivered a 48-foot-long rotary wet screen to an oil sands customer in Canada.
- Six ways rugged tablets are changing logistics and materials handling
Efficiency is critical in industries such as logistics and materials handling that utilise field and warehouse services. So how do you save time, increase productivity, decrease disruptions and downtime, and improve asset utilisation all at once? The key to this being the tablet, with its blend of portability, communications, and accessibility. This is not just … Continue reading Six ways rugged tablets are changing logistics and materials handling
- Blast overbreak reduced by 12 per cent at Australian mine
Dyno Nobel’s latest initiation technology, EZshot LP for underground perimeter blasting, continues its strong uptake by mining customers across Australia.
- Stay safe and productive with smart distancing
As the global pandemic impacts the industry, physical distancing on site plays a critical role in prioritising the wellbeing of professionals, as well as maintaining business continuity.
- Erizon rehabilitates Hail Creek mine site
In January 2018, Erizon was approach by Rio Tinto to undertake 32.8-hectares of revegetation works for early rehabilitation and soil stabilisation.
- The real value of digital transformation for mining and metals companies
Mining, metals and materials companies have increased their investment in automation and technological innovation, embracing new opportunities to improve productivity.
- Operator insights on the new Cat D11
One of the first operators in Australia to get in the seat of the new Cat D11 gives his insights into the evolution of Caterpillar’s largest and most imposing track type tractor.
- Printing complex parts with Markforged Technology
A 3D printer has helped engineers and designers by providing a new and complementary way to make prototypes and production parts.
- Live connectivity for emergency refuge chambers
Strata Worldwide Emergency refuge chambers, coupled with the company’s DigitalBRIDGE communication system, establish digital connectivity for remote monitoring and communication.