The top ten trends for mining in 2016
An insight into all of the top ten trends for 2016, and how they will affect you and your mine. Cole Latimer writes.
BHP makes gargantuan loss
BHP has recorded a loss of US$6.235 billion year on year, a 434 per cent decline from its position last year.
Tracking the 2016 Trends - Part 10: An expanded view of corporate and personal welfare
The final of the ten part series examining the trends that will define mining in 2016.
Rio Tinto contractor conundrum: The new normal in the Pilbara?
Rio Tinto Iron Ore’s decision to use contractors for all external hires from now on will have impacts felt well beyond the pit.
- August 26, 2016Comments 0BHP will launch Australia’s first solar plant with battery storage to be connected to a major electricity grid in the small town of Lakeland, in far…Read More
- August 26, 2016Comments 0Atlas Copco has launched 18 new additions to its open frame diesel-driven centrifugal dewatering pump range.Read More
- August 26, 2016Comments 0The Queensland government has taken emergency steps to prevent a mine storage spill affecting the Murray Darling Basin.Read More
- August 26, 2016Comments 0Mining companies must adopt a different mindset to manage volatility – their survival depends on it. EY’s Paul Mitchell explains why in his recent blog.Read More
- August 25, 2016Comments 0Orica and Yara have opened their joint venture Yara Pilbara Nitrates ammonium nitrate plant, located in Western Australia’s Pilbara region, and expect it to be operational…Read More
- August 25, 2016Comments 0CIMIC’s Thiess and Sedgman subsidiaries have won $105 million worth of Queensland coal contract extensions.Read More
- August 25, 2016Comments 0Glencore has recorded a 38 per cent slump in EBIT year on year.Read More
- August 22, 2016Comments (0)All the industries are constantly looking for effective and productive equipment utilisation and management. This maintenance and high tech service is an essential part an organisation’s Business-As-Usual ...Read More
- August 26, 2016Comments 0When it comes to conserving the world’s oceans, bigger isn’t necessarily better. Globally, there has been an increasing trend towards placing very large marine reserves in...Read More
- August 24, 2016Comments 0A new study that developed evidence based scenarios for 2036, depicts how automation and manufacturing could grow in the construction sector, creating more knowledge intensive jobs…Read More
- August 22, 2016Comments 0An insight into how metals have performed the year to date, and how they move in the year ahead from Pallion Group and ABC Bullion general…Read More
- August 17, 2016Comments 1An insight into all of the top ten trends for 2016, and how they will affect you and your mine. Cole Latimer writes.Read More
- August 26, 2016Comments 0When it comes to conserving the world’s oceans, bigger isn’t necessarily better. Globally, there has been an increasing trend towards placing very large marine reserves in... Read More
- August 22, 2016Comments 0The COAG Energy Council is implementing new reforms and a major program to further lower emissions and maintain an affordable energy system.Read More
- August 15, 2016Comments 0Santos has announced a write-down of US$1.5 billion on its GLNG asset.Read More
- August 11, 2016Comments 0Scientists at the University of Maryland, have discovered a new kind of fire dubbed the “blue whirl” set to improve the clean-up of oil spills.Read More
- August 02, 2016Comments 0Meeting Australia’s IEA treaty obligations will require refinery, terminal and storage operators to establish automated tank farm monitoring and inventory management solutions. In April 2015, the Department... Read More
- August 01, 2016Comments 0The 25th Diggers & Dealers conference gets underway today, with the price of gold – the metal the conference was founded on... Read More
- August 01, 2016Comments 0
- May 23, 2016Comments 0
- March 31, 2016Comments 0
- March 31, 2016Comments 0
- August 25, 2016Comments 0The mining industry covers a wide range of operations, both above and below ground, such as coal, precious metals, non-precious metals, other minerals, and aggregates, sand...Read More
- July 26, 2016Comments 0Process industry pressure gauges have been serving the industry since their invention more than 160 years ago. These mechanical gauges offer relatively good measurement at a...Read More
- July 05, 2016Comments 0With the need to ensure consistent workforce support, not only in terms of compliance but also payroll, getting it right every time is critical. Automated systems ensure...Read More
- June 07, 2016Comments 0The face of mining is changing, as mines run deeper and miners chase narrower veins in compact work areas. To give...Read More