Caterpillar delivers upbeat mining outlook
Equipment manufacturer Caterpillar is optimistic about market conditions in the mining and resources industries.
Capricorn lines up GR Engineering for $93m gold contract
GR Engineering has been named as the preferred tenderer to design and construct a processing plant for Capricorn Metals at the Karlawinda gold project in Western Australia.
Mount Gibson on track to benefit from premium iron ore demand
Mount Gibson Iron has bolstered its high-grade iron ore reserves at the Koolan Island restart project in Western Australia as demand for premium product strengthens.
Olympic Dam ramp-up 'slower than expected'
BHP’s ramp-up of operations at Olympic Dam following a maintenance program has been slower than expected, forcing the miner to lower its copper production guidance at the South Australian mine.
Jupiter Mines lists on ASX with massive $240m IPO
Jupiter Mines, known for its 49.9 per cent-owned Tshipi manganese mine in South Africa (the third-largest in the world) and its Central Yilgarn iron ore project in Western Australia, will today begin trading on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
- April 26, 2018Comments 0Australian Vanadium is carrying out testwork at its 100 per cent-owned Gabanintha vanadium project near Meekatharra in Western Australia in order to determine potential recovery rates…Read More
- April 26, 2018Comments 0Equipment manufacturer Caterpillar is optimistic about market conditions in the mining and resources industries.Read More
- April 26, 2018Comments 0RPMGlobal has expanded its suite of commodity-based mine scheduling software solutions through the launch of their Steeply Dipping Coal (SDC) XPAC Solution, a mine scheduling solution…Read More
- April 26, 2018Comments 0Newcrest Mining has slashed its gold production guidance for the 2018 financial year to reflect the impact of last month’s tailings dam breach at the Cadia…Read More
- April 26, 2018Comments 0Dual-listed gold miner Kirkland Lake Gold has reported exploration results from both surface and underground drilling at its Taylor mine in northeast Ontario, Canada, returning huge…Read More
- April 26, 2018Comments 0Western Australia’s Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety is investigating the death of a worker who was stung by a bee at Iluka Resources’ Cataby…Read More
- April 23, 2018Comments (0)Han® connectors provide for a reliable and pluggable transmission of power, signal and data, meeting the highest requirements. In addition to its rectangular heavy-duty standard design, ...Read More
- April 23, 2018Comments (0)When it comes to welding, choosing the right machine for the job is just as important as technique. The type of welder you purchase should be ...Read More
- April 20, 2018Comments 0As the copper market makes the transition from a surplus to a deficit market next year, internationally respected CRU copper analyst, Vanessa Davidson returns to the…Read More
- April 13, 2018Comments 0While some companies in the extractive industries have developed policies for sustainable development, what many companies fail to incorporate is embedding sound approaches to social risk…Read More
- April 13, 2018Comments 0The 2018 Queensland Mining & Engineering Exhibition (QME) will be showcasing its largest and strongest supplier and speaker presence in years when it returns to Mackay…Read More
- April 11, 2018Comments 0Bestech’s Arend Wieringa explains how sensors are assisting the mining industries in reducing downtime and operational costs. Australian Mining looks at how the Melbourne-based company has…Read More
- April 16, 2018Comments 0Chevron’s next expansion of the Gorgon liquefied natural gas (LNG) project offshore Western Australia’s north-west coast is expected to deliver a welcome jobs boost for the…Read More
- April 13, 2018Comments 0Production at the PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea has resumed following the temporary shutdown of operations caused by the severe earthquake that struck the…Read More
- April 09, 2018Comments 0Santos has gained rights to explore for more gas near Injune in Queensland’s south-west.Read More
- April 05, 2018Comments 0Mitsui & Co., one of Japan’s ‘big five’ sogo shosha (trading houses), has released a statement declaring its takeover offer of Australian oil and gas company…Read More
- April 03, 2018Comments 0Oil and gas giant Harbour Energy has announced an unsolicited all-cash offer to buy 100 per cent of Australian independent Santos for $6.50 a share, representing…Read More
- March 29, 2018Comments 0Senex Energy has announced that it has been granted a petroleum lease and associated environmental approvals from the Queensland Government for the development of Project Atlas…Read More
- April 23, 2018Comments 0
- April 03, 2018Comments 0
- March 07, 2018Comments 0
- February 20, 2018Comments 0
- April 26, 2018Comments 0Everyone’s life is precious and unique, including miners. Life is full of uncertainties and while none of us wish for accidents to happen, they can still…Read More
- April 26, 2018Comments 0LSM Technologies FSMTM integrates to their OH&S hardware such as Tyre Monitoring Systems, Driver Fatigue Monitor, Quality Cabin Environmental Monitoring and CAS- Collision Avoidance System and more providing substantial cost- downs, productivity & proof of compliance.FSMTM also provides standard Fleet...Read More
- April 24, 2018Comments 0Fatalities, injuries, property and equipment damage are four of the biggest risks our customers face every day. Customers that can manage these risks benefit from higher...Read More
- April 24, 2018Comments 0The release of Micromine 2018, the latest version of MICROMINE's 3D modelling and mine design solution, sees the introduction of a range of new features and...Read More